Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #106
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Glad to see you around Lulubelle! it's been a while! We're going earlier in the month, I hope you have a great time! We'll be there from the 12-17th and if our waitlist comes through the 18th.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #107
princessmurdough
Does that come with champagne?

Hmm...

PFTS the night before departure day, or Sunday Tasting party (sorry, forget what this one is called) on departure day...
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #108
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

I am so excited to be attending F&W again this year. We went in 2010, however the people we brought were NOT into it at all. One day...and they were done!
We are so looking forward to vacationing this year using OUR touring style. We make plans, but move at a relaxed speed. Enjoing everything we see and all the details.

Where can I find the date for PFTS? I must be missing something!

Angel16
Old 06-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #109
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
I am so excited to be attending F&W again this year. We went in 2010, however the people we brought were NOT into it at all. One day...and they were done!
We are so looking forward to vacationing this year using OUR touring style. We make plans, but move at a relaxed speed. Enjoing everything we see and all the details.

Where can I find the date for PFTS? I must be missing something!

Angel16
PFTS dates were published by the Disney Parks Blog. Each Saturday of the festival except September 29 and November 10.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #110
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricdietzel View Post
This will be our first F&W festival and I am very excited! HOWEVER, due to having a child not old enough for the Neverland Club and refusing to spend $150 to have someone I don't know sit in the hotel room with my children for three hours, we will be attending with a 4 and almost 2-yr old. Any tips or advice??? (Besides for go during the week?) We will be there Oct 19-Nov 2.
We'll have our young children with us too. I'm excited about the opportunity to introduce them (and myself) to new foods. We hadn't really planned on going to the F&W, but it just so happens that we will be there for the last two days of it, so we've decided to check things out. I'm sure it will be crowded, but we will just deal with it.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #111
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

For those wondering why there is no PFTS on Sept. 29 the World Showplace is being used for another event that weekend. The Disney Fan Club - D23 is holding a special event for EPCOT's 30th Anniversary. Registration is Saturday & the event is all day on Sunday in World Showplace.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #112
SanDiegoSteph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Just scored the Yacht Club with the military salute rate for 5 nights to include 3 days of the festival cannot wait! Taking a girlfriend from work who hasn't been to WDW in ages and needs a break from her hectic live. Cannot wait to hear more as info comes available.
Really?!?! Can you give some tips on how you did that? I ask because since the military salute rates end September 30, I couldn't get anyone to quote them for me for our trip in October.

Are you arriving before September 30 and they just let you have the rate past that date?

Much appreciate any insight!

"The twilight bark? But dear, that's only a gossip chain" ...Perdita

Disney Wonder through Westbound Panama Canal - May 6 - 20, 2013
Disney Wonder to Hawaii - April 29 - May 14, 2012
Disney Wonder to Alaska - August 2-9, 2011
SanDiegoSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #113
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Very excited - had to share

Over the past few months I have had some additional tasks at work while a colleague was on leave. Well she is back, and things are back to normal. I had gotten some extra acklnowledgement at work, but didn't expect anything else. Covering is just part of the job. . As my job description says, "other duties as assigned."

Well, today, I arrived home to find a Disney Gift Card worth several hundred dollars, as a thanks from the team! This is really going to help with my F&W Fest plans, and when I am drinking a glass of wine or devouring a tasty morsel at WDW in 143 days I will thank my colleagues.

Now, I know a significant pay raise or a promotion would have been nice, but in this economy, I am so happy to have a job - particularly a job i really like. I do feel good knowing that my efforts have been valued by my coworkers.

Food and Wine Festival, here I come!!!!!!
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #114
SanDiegoSteph
Mouseketeer

Culinary Demos

Can anyone tell me how you get tickets to these events?

Do you register/pay just like the other special events on/about mid-August?

If so, will we know when we register exactly what they are preparing? (I'm a pescatarian so I don't eat meat or fowl).

This is our first time, so thanks to all you veterans for such a great resource!!

"The twilight bark? But dear, that's only a gossip chain" ...Perdita

Disney Wonder through Westbound Panama Canal - May 6 - 20, 2013
Disney Wonder to Hawaii - April 29 - May 14, 2012
Disney Wonder to Alaska - August 2-9, 2011
SanDiegoSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #115
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
Over the past few months I have had some additional tasks at work while a colleague was on leave. Well she is back, and things are back to normal. I had gotten some extra acklnowledgement at work, but didn't expect anything else. Covering is just part of the job. . As my job description says, "other duties as assigned."

Well, today, I arrived home to find a Disney Gift Card worth several hundred dollars, as a thanks from the team! This is really going to help with my F&W Fest plans, and when I am drinking a glass of wine or devouring a tasty morsel at WDW in 143 days I will thank my colleagues.

Now, I know a significant pay raise or a promotion would have been nice, but in this economy, I am so happy to have a job - particularly a job i really like. I do feel good knowing that my efforts have been valued by my coworkers.

Food and Wine Festival, here I come!!!!!!
That is fantastic Krissy! How wonderful to have your team really appreciate your hard work is such a positive and thoughtful way. I am sure the gift card will make your trip that much better, not just because of additional money....but that is came from your team.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #116
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

I just found this thread! Can't wait to read through it! Subscribing....what fun!!
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #117
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteph View Post
Can anyone tell me how you get tickets to these events?
You purchase tickets online through Disney.

Quote:
Do you register/pay just like the other special events on/about mid-August?
Yes. But you do not book by phone. The special events are booked only by phone. They have not done online booking for those. You may be thinking of when Disneyland had a food and wine festival - Disneyland did have online booking for all events. WDW has had online booking only for the Festival Center seminars. Last year they also allowed online booking for the 3D Dessert Party and the Party for the Senses, but not for any other events.

Quote:
If so, will we know when we register exactly what they are preparing? (I'm a pescatarian so I don't eat meat or fowl).
For the past couple of years, the main ingredient has been listed for each seminar. However, they do not list exactly how the item will be prepared. Vegetarian items are noted.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #118
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Oooooo, this is a good source of information! We are also F&W virgins. We'll be there this year for 8 nights.
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; SSR & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2015:
SusieBea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #119
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Hope the Unibroue cart at Canada returns as an oasis in a Disney beer wasteland (hey this is pretty poetic for me...must be second Heady Topper I'm on right now...only the beer guy would have made the 550 mile round trip drive to Vermont last Friday to buy a couple of cases).
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #120
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Im a pescatarian, too. I have found the castmembers to be very accomodating in either having the kitchen prepare something okay for me to eat, or switching out DH/my reservations for another seminar if I can't eat what's finally announced.

Not sure if the fact that we are there for 10 days and usually reserve several seminars a day has any affect on their willingness to do the exchange, I know it doesn't on the special requests to the kitchen which will be honored if at all possible.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: