Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #931
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdeve View Post
Is there an age limit for PFTS. I would like to take my 18 year old grandaughter. I know she will enjoy the food and she is looking forward to seeing Circ
We took our younger DD three or four times before she hit that "Magic 21" and she loved every minute of it. Seeing the chefs and eating the food offerings was enough those first few years.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #932
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

DH finally gave me a little input and he said a mixology seminar sounds fun. He doesn't want to be tied down to *having* to be somewhere so he doesnt want me to book the Italy Beer Pairing. I'm kind of a planner. Anyway, is there a chance of walking up to the mixology seminars or should I just book one?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #933
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
Last year, they were still pushing each Party for the Senses on the day of the event. To book the spots for the Party for the Senses, I wouldn't even bother to set my alarm clock.

My guess is that Grand Marnier would be the first priority, followed by "3D" Disney's Dessert Discovery. Even for those, I don't think they'll sell out the first day. But I could be wrong.
If you want a reserved seat for PFTS you will need to call
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #934
betterlatethannever
DIS Veteran

wine school ?

According to the Disney Web Site, the wine schools are at the World Showplace this year.

BUT, according to the festival booklet TDC Nala posted, at least one is at the festival center and the rest are at the World Showplace.

Were the schools there last year? if so, how many people could get in at World Showplace? (I am anticipating they are not going to sell out as fast as a signature dinner)

I only remember them being at the Festival Center.

Ed

Last edited by betterlatethannever; 08-12-2012 at 07:18 PM.
betterlatethannever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #935
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
Has anyone done The Discovery of Chocolate?
I was torn between that and Sweet Sundays!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #936
dahirsh
DIS Veteran

I know the Italian Regional Lunches are new this year, but based upon the French ones in previous years, what would you expect? How would they differ from the food and wine pairing?

April 1978 Offsite April 1979 Offsite Dec 1999/Jan 2000 All Star Movies May 2002 All Star Sports Oct 2003 All Star Movies June 2006 All Star Sports
October 2007 Pop Century January 2009 Pop Century October 2011 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century October 2013 Pop Century
dahirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #937
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Uh oh. I'm hoping it is just the discounted tickets that are sold out and not all of them? Any chance they are still selling ful price tickets for Irvine?
And to answer my own question, the answer is 'no." All of the tickets for Irvine's 1 pm presentation on 10/25 have been sold. I guess DH and I are out of luck and will have to pray that I can be awake and book the Irvine Kitchen Memories right away on Tuesday morning.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #938
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
And to answer my own question, the answer is 'no." All of the tickets for Irvine's 1 pm presentation on 10/25 have been sold. I guess DH and I are out of luck and will have to pray that I can be awake and book the Irvine Kitchen Memories right away on Tuesday morning.
I could very well be wrong (and someone will correct me if I am ), but I don't believe they release ALL the tickets for a culinary demo on the TIW/AP/DVC early booking date. I am sure every Robert Irvine ticket they had available to sell on 8/10 has been sold, but I'd be surprised if there weren't tickets available on 8/14.

Of course, that still means you have to be awake and on the phone at 7am and hope you can either book his demo or his Kitchen Memories. Good luck!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #939
NOLA_Tink
NOLA_Tink

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
His protege, Sarah Gruenberg, was also a finalist on Top Chef. I should add him to my celebrity list.

Speaking of which, Disney also misspells the name of the Top Chef contestant whose culinary demo I signed up for...her name is Grayson Schmitz, not Schmidt.
They also misspelled Ed Blinn's name on the mixology schedule. I remember a few mistakes from last year's line-ups too, but I can't recall any specific ones right now.
WDW 1983 • Disneyland 1987 • WDW 1990 • Contemporary Resort 1997 • Dixie Landings (POR) 2000 • Magic Kingdom 2003 • Pop Century 2004 • Easter in WDW 2005 • AS Sports Feb 2006 • ASMusic Family Suite Nov 2006 • AS Sports 2007 • Animal Kingdom Lodge June 2008 • F & W Festival Oct 2008 • Discovery Cove/ ASMoviesDec 2008 • POP March 2009 • Very Merry Un-Unbirthday in Disney July 2009 • Pop Century Dec 2009• Caribbean Beach Resort May 2010 • Polynesian Nov 2010 • Disneyland March 2011 • POP Oct 2011 • The Dolphin May 2012 • Disneyland June 2012 • CBR Oct 2012 • Art of Animation June 2013 • Ft. Wilderness Cabins March 2015
NOLA_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #940
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I do not ever give my resort reservation number, this year for the festival I will probably have five separate resort reservations due to adding a day on here or there before a DVC stay on three separate trips. They once got so confused trying to guess which stay I am booking which event for that I thought I would not get the events I wanted because they would sell out while the agent was trying to find the room reservation. So if they ask, I say I am staying offsite. I'd rather have enough time to book the popular stuff than have it show up in the reservations tab.
This is my exact situation. I have three reservations numbers spanning two months, Oct. and Nov. I'm afraid this will cause confusion and delay. Is the only advantage to giving the BWV reservation number that the bookings can be linked to my regular dining reservations?
VrBchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #941
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I don't know, but as far as I am concerned there is no advantage to using your resort number when calling for these things, I guess it doesn't hurt if all you have is one reservation.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #942
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
Is the only advantage to giving the BWV reservation number that the bookings can be linked to my regular dining reservations?
I may have already mentioned this, but if you write down the confirmation number the CM gives you, that plus the phone number you supplied when you booked will allow you to link reservations to your Disney.com ID.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #943
Candycane83
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahirsh View Post
I know the Italian Regional Lunches are new this year, but based upon the French ones in previous years, what would you expect? How would they differ from the food and wine pairing?
I'm interested in this too. I've read reviews on the French Regional Lunch and the Italy Food and Wine Pairing. They seem similar but the regional lunch had more courses? (French regional Lunch last year was more expensive than the Italy Regional Lunch this year too...)

Anyone has any input? TIA
Candycane83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #944
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There really isn't a way to know for sure until the first Italian Regional Lunch has been served.

But they are supposed to have more courses, larger portions and more types of wine if the French lunches were any indication.

Tutto Gusto is also a different type of venue than Bistro de Paris.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #945
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Cat Cora 10/3 1PM

Does anyone know if the 1pm culinary demo with Cat Cora is sold out?

I really would like to see her. Kouzzina is one of my fav restaurants and none of the other culinary demos seem appealing to me on my Epcot days during my upcoming trip 10/3-10/9 (besides Jaime Deen). My Epcot days are Friday 10/5 and Sunday 10/7 (I thought if it was a celeb chef they would be there on the weekend but i was def wrong lol) So, in order for me to do either of them I would have to re-arrange all of my plans/Fantasmic Dinner res/ADRs. I prefer Cat Cora so if anyone knows if its booked up already I won't even bother trying to re-arrange my whole trip!

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: