Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #916
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar

Is that the Sunday afternoon affair? That was where we were served chocolate covered steak.
Yes..was it worth the $$$?
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #917
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
Yes..was it worth the $$$?
Well, since neither DH or I eat meat, it was kind of a waste for us. It was educational, but the chef they had as the lead was French and spoke very broken English. I'm sure others enjoyed it, though!
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #918
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
On the same day, there will also be a culinaty demo by Tony Montuano, the esteemed Chef/Partner of Chicago's Spiaggia and finalist on Bravo’s "Top Chef Masters." Montuano is also the Consulting Chef for Portobello at Downtown Disney.
His protege, Sarah Gruenberg, was also a finalist on Top Chef. I should add him to my celebrity list.

Speaking of which, Disney also misspells the name of the Top Chef contestant whose culinary demo I signed up for...her name is Grayson Schmitz, not Schmidt.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #919
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

When you call to book the higher priced events do you pay for each one as you go or do you pay for them all together? Should I ask for them in the order I think they will sell out the fastest or it doesn't matter?

Did the PFTS, 3D Dessert Discoveries, or Grand Marnier sell out in the first couple hours last year?
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #920
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

It used to be that you would have to pay for each one as you booked it, reading your credit card number over and over again.

Now, they can hold them when you request them, and pay for them all at once. They do have to apply your credit card to each individual reservation, but it has been worked to where you should only need to give the number once.

You should ask for the most popular events first. In your case it would be the Grand Marnier, as there are only three sessions and they are much smaller than either PFTS or 3D Dessert. The only difference might be if you are looking to get the Wine View Room for the Party for the Senses, but they have thrown a wrench into the works by initiating a middle category with assigned seating, so we don't yet know how fast those categories will go.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #921
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
It used to be that you would have to pay for each one as you booked it, reading your credit card number over and over again.

Now, they can hold them when you request them, and pay for them all at once. They do have to apply your credit card to each individual reservation, but it has been worked to where you should only need to give the number once.

You should ask for the most popular events first. In your case it would be the Grand Marnier, as there are only three sessions and they are much smaller than either PFTS or 3D Dessert. The only difference might be if you are looking to get the Wine View Room for the Party for the Senses, but they have thrown a wrench into the works by initiating a middle category with assigned seating, so we don't yet know how fast those categories will go.
Thanks for the info!! I am planning to pay with Disney Gift Cards. PLEASE tell me I can do this!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #922
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Yes you can, but if you are paying with multiple gift cards you will have to read a series of numbers to the CM. Be sure they have held the events for you.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #923
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Did the PFTS, 3D Dessert Discoveries, or Grand Marnier sell out in the first couple hours last year?
Last year, they were still pushing each Party for the Senses on the day of the event. To book the spots for the Party for the Senses, I wouldn't even bother to set my alarm clock.

My guess is that Grand Marnier would be the first priority, followed by "3D" Disney's Dessert Discovery. Even for those, I don't think they'll sell out the first day. But I could be wrong.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #924
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
Has anyone done The Discovery of Chocolate?
I attended Chef Julian Rose's event last year and thought it was great. The event may vary depending on the presenter, but I think Chef Rose is doing two events this year.

EDIT: adding that besides the chocolate, we were served a boneless chicken with a chocolate mole sauce

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart

Last edited by Brocktoon; 08-11-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: EDIT: for the protein choice
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #925
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon

I attended Chef Julian Rose's event last year and thought it was great. The event may vary depending on the presenter, but I think Chef Rose is doing two events this year.

EDIT: adding that besides the chocolate, we were served a boneless chicken with a chocolate mole sauce
Thank you!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:15 AM   #926
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Discount tickets for Robert Irvine may be sold out. Try and ask for full price tickets if they tell you sold out and see what happens.
Thank you again! It took until now for me to b clear headed enough to find my planning schedule for the F&W WDW trip. I have no short term memory with these narcotics, none at all.

I checked our plans against the offerings and the one seminar that we actually WOULD like to do is the Robert Irving one on the 25th. We are doing nothing that day except walk around EPCOT to eat and then go to the MNSVSHP. I think a demo that starts at 1 should get us to WDW for the party by about 5 pm. Now I just have to call in the morning to see if there are any seats remaining. If not, I can live with it. We also plan to book the lunch with Robert Irvine on Oct 26th. We did his presentation last year and thought it was excellent. He is quite entertaining in person!

In the meantime, if anyone purchased two tickets for Robert Irvine and decides they can't use them on Oct 25th, please let me know.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #927
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I was lucky enough to score 3 Robert Irvine tickets. Set the alarm for 5:00 am, called Disney and was put on hold....put it on speaker, and put on my make up (can you tell this isn't my first time to this rodeo? you have to multi-task because you never know how long you'll be on hold!) CM finally answered and told me to call back at 8:00 EST.

Well, immediately went to the real source...the DISboards and saw someone else was able to book, so I knew instantly that it was another case of "depends on the CM". Called back and was able to book Robert Irvine. I want to say it was around 5:45am my time. It appears they sold out within the next 1/2 hour after that.
Uh oh. I'm hoping it is just the discounted tickets that are sold out and not all of them? Any chance they are still selling ful price tickets for Irvine?

Old 08-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #928
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
I do not ever give my resort reservation number, this year for the festival I will probably have five separate resort reservations due to adding a day on here or there before a DVC stay on three separate trips. They once got so confused trying to guess which stay I am booking which event for that I thought I would not get the events I wanted because they would sell out while the agent was trying to find the room reservation. So if they ask, I say I am staying offsite. I'd rather have enough time to book the popular stuff than have it show up in the reservations tab.
I think this is excellent advice.

I keep track of all of my reservation numbers for dinners/excursions separately, anyway. I don't have to have a central spot at Disney to look at all my reservations together.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #929
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Is there an age limit for PFTS. I would like to take my 18 year old grandaughter. I know she will enjoy the food and she is looking forward to seeing Circ
pmdeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #930
skunk
Teach Me How To Bucky

Quote:
That doesn't work either. Because then when you ask to book an event that is OUTSIDE that reservation, they get confused. And when time is of the essence as it will be on Tuesday morning, I do not want the booking agent confused. I've found saying I was offsite to be the best way to handle multiple resort reservations. For the deminars I called DVC and she just booked me under my first reservation because DVC has all that info already, but when I am calling WDW-DINE I do not want to confuse the agent with multiple reservations, especially since they start in three different months.
I booked Cake Boss seminar thru DVC Friday. When I tried to add the confirmation number on Disney.go, I realized I had 13 numbers instead of 12(I know, should have confirmed the number with her). Called Disney Dining to see if they could pull it up. She figured out that there was an extra 1 in the number I gave her, and it was for the correct seminar. Unfortunately it was under a different name. MS evidently tied the seminar confirmation to my last room reservation, the one I booked for my sister's family. Dining CM advised that she could not change the name, but could cancel and rebook. She checked first to see if any availability, but there was none. Told her not to cancel, as no guarantee it would still be there if trying to rebook.

Called MS and explained the situation. He called dining people, and was advised there was no way to change the name, but that MS could add a system note saying the reservation should have been in my name.

Not convinced a note will get me the tickets, so I emailed my sister to tell her she is going to Epcot on 11-6.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: