Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #901
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen View Post
Feel better! My mother had hip replacement last year and it has made a world of difference in her mobility.

The good news is that you havent missed anything. All of the special meals and parties open for booking Tuesday morning.
Thank you! I am already very glad that I had the surgery. I still need to do the other knee in December and I'm not looking forward to it, but I should end up with a good pair of knees which don't bring me to tears because they hurt so much when I walk.

I'm glad to hear I didn't miss the main events for booking. I'm still going to try to stay awake long enough today to check out what seminars and whatever (deminars?) are announced and open for booking. Are any sold out already?

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #902
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Discount tickets for Robert Irvine may be sold out. Try and ask for full price tickets if they tell you sold out and see what happens.
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #903
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

So, do we need to know what time the Signature dinners start in order to have the best chance at booking? They always ask questions I don't know the answer to.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #904
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

For those having trouble pulling up bookings in My Reservations: if the CM gave you a confirmation number, you can usually use that plus the phone number you gave them to re-associate it to your Disney.com identity.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #905
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancind View Post
So, do we need to know what time the Signature dinners start in order to have the best chance at booking? They always ask questions I don't know the answer to.
When booking a Signature Dinner or other F&W Festival Events, make sure the reservationist knows that you're booking a special event, not a regular dining reservation -- especially for events at regular Signature Restaurants.

Have all the details ready when you call, including location, date, time, and the official name of the event.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #906
NOLA_Tink
NOLA_Tink

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Just booked our Bacardi mixology demonstration! We did the Cointreau mixology demonstration last year & it was awesome! Can't wait to book our Patron mixology & Premiere wine demonstrations later this week! I wish we had better options for cooking demonstrations, but I guess that will just give us more time to do free demonstrations & try food booths.
WDW 1983 • Disneyland 1987 • WDW 1990 • Contemporary Resort 1997 • Dixie Landings (POR) 2000 • Magic Kingdom 2003 • Pop Century 2004 • Easter in WDW 2005 • AS Sports Feb 2006 • ASMusic Family Suite Nov 2006 • AS Sports 2007 • Animal Kingdom Lodge June 2008 • F & W Festival Oct 2008 • Discovery Cove/ ASMoviesDec 2008 • POP March 2009 • Very Merry Un-Unbirthday in Disney July 2009 • Pop Century Dec 2009• Caribbean Beach Resort May 2010 • Polynesian Nov 2010 • Disneyland March 2011 • POP Oct 2011 • The Dolphin May 2012 • Disneyland June 2012 • CBR Oct 2012 • Art of Animation June 2013 • Ft. Wilderness Cabins March 2015
NOLA_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #907
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA_Tink View Post
Just booked our Bacardi mixology demonstration! We did the Cointreau mixology demonstration last year & it was awesome! Can't wait to book our Patron mixology & Premiere wine demonstrations later this week! I wish we had better options for cooking demonstrations, but I guess that will just give us more time to do free demonstrations & try food booths.
We are disappointed with our cooking demo options, too. We've got lots of wine tastings booked to make up for it.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #908
NOLA_Tink
NOLA_Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar View Post
We are disappointed with our cooking demo options, too. We've got lots of wine tastings booked to make up for it.
I am very pleased with our mixology and wine demo options, so that's what I'm hoping for too! Last year, Chef TJ's culinary demo was so much fun, and even my super-picky mother enjoyed his dish and his wine pairing. This year, one of our options is someone from the restaurant group "Lettuce Entertain You." Really, Disney?!? LOL
WDW 1983 • Disneyland 1987 • WDW 1990 • Contemporary Resort 1997 • Dixie Landings (POR) 2000 • Magic Kingdom 2003 • Pop Century 2004 • Easter in WDW 2005 • AS Sports Feb 2006 • ASMusic Family Suite Nov 2006 • AS Sports 2007 • Animal Kingdom Lodge June 2008 • F & W Festival Oct 2008 • Discovery Cove/ ASMoviesDec 2008 • POP March 2009 • Very Merry Un-Unbirthday in Disney July 2009 • Pop Century Dec 2009• Caribbean Beach Resort May 2010 • Polynesian Nov 2010 • Disneyland March 2011 • POP Oct 2011 • The Dolphin May 2012 • Disneyland June 2012 • CBR Oct 2012 • Art of Animation June 2013 • Ft. Wilderness Cabins March 2015
Old 08-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #909
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
This year, one of our options is someone from the restaurant group "Lettuce Entertain You." Really, Disney?!? LOL
Lettuce Entertain You, Inc. is the preeminent restaurant company in Chicago and its suburbs, and Mychael Bonner is one of the company's top culinary pros. Here's his bio:
http://www.leye.com/about-us/partner...mychael-bonner
On the same day, there will also be a culinaty demo by Tony Montuano, the esteemed Chef/Partner of Chicago's Spiaggia and finalist on Bravo’s "Top Chef Masters." Montuano is also the Consulting Chef for Portobello at Downtown Disney. Here's his bio:
http://www.levyrestaurants.com/chefs/tony-mantuano/
How how I wish we would be at Epcot that day! I would love to go to those two demos.

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 08-11-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #910
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am very pleased with our mixology and wine demo options, so that's what I'm hoping for too! Last year, Chef TJ's culinary demo was so much fun, and even my super-picky mother enjoyed his dish and his wine pairing. This year, one of our options is someone from the restaurant group "Lettuce Entertain You." Really, Disney?!? LOL
We've attended one of Chef TJ's culinary demos in the past and it was great! I don't see him in the schedule while we're there unfortunately.

I'm hoping for at least one more vegetarian demo to pop up when they fill in more of the generic "Savory" listings. We're doing more mixology demos this year since my DH really enjoyed the one we did last year (Remy).

Just a warning to everyone to check those confirmations! I requested two bookings for the same day and the CM made one for the requested day and the other for the following day. Saw the error on the confirmation and called back and they fixed it.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #911
lgcountry
Mouseketeer

Same CM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
Had a terrible experience this morning trying to get the Robert Irvine event.

I called FEST at 7:00 EST just in case, 15 minute wait on hold before the CM says the demos don't start booking until 8:00. No problem - I thought it was supposed to be 8:00. I call back at 7:55 in case there's a long hold again - get right in, hang up since it's not 7:00 yet. Call back at 7:58 just in case there's a wait - and there is - I'm on hold for at least 5 minutes.

DW calls DVC on her cell phone right at 8:00 (covering our bases) and gets right in, but gets a dud CM. The CM takes our DVC# as usual, then starts going over our acct info and says there's no email address on the account, blah, blah. I'm mouthing to DW to tell her to skip it and get the reservation since it's probably going fast. DW tells the CM the day, time, and that it's Robert Irvine. CM can't find it, then does, but says there's no name/description. DW tells her to just book the 1:00. CM says there's one for 2:00, not 1:00. DW tells her the food demos are at 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00 everyday. CM says that's what she thought too. CM puts DW on hold, can't figure things out, etc.

In the meantime I've gotten in to the FEST CM. She takes my name, DVC#, and email and pulls up the event. She clicks to make our reservation, but it's not taking - she says it looks like someone else has it locked. She keeps clicking it, puts me on hold for a moment, keeps clicking, we wait and we wait - and she eventually gives up and says it must be sold out now. Grrrrr...

DW is still on the phone with DVC and I'm overhearing that CM is booking the 2:00 event??? We get a confirmation#, they charge us the $36 (3x$12), DW confirms with the CM that we have the 1:00 Irvine and she says yes, but it converted it to 2:00 for some reason on her screen. I'm relieved that it looks like it worked out somehow, but a little nervous with as much trouble as she had, so I plan on calling DINE later at work to confirm the res#.

30 minutes later DVC calls back - yeah, we don't really have a reservation for Irvine after all (I didn't take the call so I'm not sure what all was said). 10 more minutes later DVC calls back again with our cancellation confirmation#.

So how irritated would you be after this experience? I'd like to call to complain since they boofed this one up, but the only recourse I'm interested in is getting the Irvine res. And I have some doubts anyone will be able to pull from the general stack to satisfy me.
I had the same problem. I was trying to book a generic Culinary on Tues, Oct 23, she told me who was at which, and I said "I'll do the one with Bill Clark from the Grand Floridian. She told me the time was now 4:00 pm and gave me my confirmation number. Double checked the lists and called back today to double check what I had actually gotten a reservation for. Sure enough I was scheduled in for the New Zealand wine tasting at 4:00, not the culinary demo. CM had to ask how to change the reservation to what I was told I was getting, and luckily there was still space. She also didn't bother with the "rules", and when he got to the modifications, today's CM said, "Of course we are modifying this because it was misbooked".

Sometimes I wonder what the heck the CM's are looking at on their computer screens!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #912
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgcountry View Post
I had the same problem. I was trying to book a generic Culinary on Tues, Oct 23, she told me who was at which, and I said "I'll do the one with Bill Clark from the Grand Floridian. She told me the time was now 4:00 pm and gave me my confirmation number. Double checked the lists and called back today to double check what I had actually gotten a reservation for. Sure enough I was scheduled in for the New Zealand wine tasting at 4:00, not the culinary demo. CM had to ask how to change the reservation to what I was told I was getting, and luckily there was still space. She also didn't bother with the "rules", and when he got to the modifications, today's CM said, "Of course we are modifying this because it was misbooked".

Sometimes I wonder what the heck the CM's are looking at on their computer screens!
It's good to keep in mind that culinary demos are on the odd hours (1pm, 3pm, 5pm), beverage seminars are on the even hours (noon, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm). If a CM says they booked you into a culinary demo for 4pm, something is not right!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #913
NOLA_Tink
NOLA_Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
Lettuce Entertain You, Inc. is the preeminent restaurant company in Chicago and its suburbs, and Mychael Bonner is one of the company's top culinary pros. Here's his bio:
http://www.leye.com/about-us/partner...mychael-bonner
On the same day, the will also be a culinaty demo by Tony Montuano, the esteemed Chef/Partner of Chicago's Spiaggia and finalist on Bravo’s "Top Chef Masters." Montuano is also the Consulting Chef for Portobello at Downtown Disney. Here's his bio:
http://www.levyrestaurants.com/chefs/tony-mantuano/
How how I wish we would be at Epcot that day! I would love to go to those two demos.
Thanks. I looked up Bonner as soon as I saw the line-up, but I just wasn't impressed. I guess one of the best things about F&W is that they offer so many different options that there is always something for everyone. DH wishes that we to make it for the Tony Mantuano demo because he really like him on Top Chef (& he was a James Beard winner), but we fly in that morning & might not make it to Epcot in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
We've attended one of Chef TJ's culinary demos in the past and it was great! I don't see him in the schedule while we're there unfortunately.

I'm hoping for at least one more vegetarian demo to pop up when they fill in more of the generic "Savory" listings. We're doing more mixology demos this year since my DH really enjoyed the one we did last year (Remy).

Just a warning to everyone to check those confirmations! I requested two bookings for the same day and the CM made one for the requested day and the other for the following day. Saw the error on the confirmation and called back and they fixed it.
Chef TJ is doing a culinary demo on Sat., Sept. 29 (the same day as Jacques Torres). THAT would be a dream day for me! I'm with you in hoping that they'll be more specific with the "savory" descriptions. (I had been checking the demo line-up sites every day hoping for an updated list, so I'm happy that they've at least released some info, but I'd really like more. I'm also wondering if they'll be editing their info because they've misspelled some names & brands, such as "Pyrax XO Reserve Rum" instead of Pyrat, lol.) Have fun at your Remy mixology demo! I am very excited about out Bacardi, "Pyrax," and ice wine demonstrations!

Last edited by NOLA_Tink; 08-11-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #914
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Has anyone done The Discovery of Chocolate?
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #915
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
Has anyone done The Discovery of Chocolate?
Is that the Sunday afternoon affair? That was where we were served chocolate covered steak.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: