Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #886
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
I need help please .I want to ask you all about the different paid events I see there is 14 dollar ticket ones and then there is the party of senses which is lots of money . So tell me what do i get for 14 bucks? Thanks for your help.
Sort of like the difference between a 45 minute seated presentation with 3 tasting sized samples and a 2.5 hour glorious cocktail party complete with lights, music, food, dessert, entertainment!!

*AKA: School Hall Lecture vs. all you can eat/drink party!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #887
Redwitch
DIS Veteran

I know some have booked the FFC Special Wine Dinners....
What is the cost and are any or all sold out? Thanks!

RedWitch Mikka (DD) Ebony RIP Amber Khan Tora Raion

This Space Reserved For Future Trip!
Redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #888
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwitch
I know some have booked the FFC Special Wine Dinners....
What is the cost and are any or all sold out? Thanks!
We have booked this year and don't know the price yet. ( Yes, we are crazy)
Last year it was $165 p.p. plus tax
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #889
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
I received no e-mail confirmation, but my reservations all show up when I log into the official Walt Disney World website and check My Reservations, along with my other dining reservations and my room reservation. This may require you to run the Update function at My Reservations.
Thanks, It was not in MY (dining) Reservations on the WDW site and hitting update did not bring it up either. But when I manually added my reservation number I had been given when I booked, it came up under My (dining)Reservations. Joan
Joan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #890
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
We have booked this year and don't know the price yet. ( Yes, we are crazy)
Last year it was $165 p.p. plus tax
I thought we couldn't book the special dinners until the 14th
Old 08-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #891
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post

I thought we couldn't book the special dinners until the 14th
I think kabuki was referring to the "Flying Fish Cafe Winery Series Events" which are held in Oct/Nov, but are not a part of the F&WF.

Most, if not all, are sold out now. I booked the October 11th event and we are still waiting to hear the total $$$ we will owe! (This event is not a prepaid; it has a 48-hour cancellation.)

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #892
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori

I think kabuki was referring to the "Flying Fish Cafe Winery Series Events" which are held in Oct/Nov, but are not a part of the F&WF.

Most, if not all, are sold out now. I booked the October 11th event and we are still waiting to hear the total $$$ we will owe! (This event is not a prepaid; it has a 48-hour cancellation.)
Thank you..
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:33 AM   #893
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Uh oh. I had my left knee replaced Monday morning and got home from the hospital Thursday night. My days and nights are a bit off yet and my head muddled from all the pain medicine I'm taking. I was just doing emails and found the one from subscribing to this thread. It looks like I've missed out on booking some great chefs! I didn't see the schedule for demos and seminars before I had my surgery so I still don't know who is doing what and when. While I clear my head and start to read to see if I've really missed anything we want to do, can someone just quickly confirm for me that these items have NOT booked yet? Pretty please?

PFTS
Robert Irvine Kitchen Memories (the lunch he does like last year.)
Sweet Sundays
The regional lunch in Italy.

I'm trying to remember my planning schedule and I think that's all I had on it until I could see a schedue for what the seminars/presentations would be. As long as I get the main ones above on the 14th (I hope) then I'm happy. Anything else I can get in addition to them by booking now would be great.

By the way, I told all the nurses and assistants that part of gthe reason I am having my knees replaced is that they are so bad with arthritis that I can't walk at WDW anymore. I hate having to rent those scooters to get around. I will still need a scooter in Oct and then again for our trip in Dec to see the Christmas decorations, but by my March birthday trip next year, my goal is to walk it all on my own again for the first time in several years. I think much of the hospital staff thinks I'm crazy but as long as WDW is a motivator for me to do my physical therapy, they are all for it.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #894
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm
Uh oh. I had my left knee replaced Monday morning and got home from the hospital Thursday night. My days and nights are a bit off yet and my head muddled from all the pain medicine I'm taking. I was just doing emails and found the one from subscribing to this thread. It looks like I've missed out on booking some great chefs! I didn't see the schedule for demos and seminars before I had my surgery so I still don't know who is doing what and when. While I clear my head and start to read to see if I've really missed anything we want to do, can someone just quickly confirm for me that these items have NOT booked yet? Pretty please?

PFTS
Robert Irvine Kitchen Memories (the lunch he does like last year.)
Sweet Sundays
The regional lunch in Italy.

I'm trying to remember my planning schedule and I think that's all I had on it until I could see a schedue for what the seminars/presentations would be. As long as I get the main ones above on the 14th (I hope) then I'm happy. Anything else I can get in addition to them by booking now would be great.

By the way, I told all the nurses and assistants that part of gthe reason I am having my knees replaced is that they are so bad with arthritis that I can't walk at WDW anymore. I hate having to rent those scooters to get around. I will still need a scooter in Oct and then again for our trip in Dec to see the Christmas decorations, but by my March birthday trip next year, my goal is to walk it all on my own again for the first time in several years. I think much of the hospital staff thinks I'm crazy but as long as WDW is a motivator for me to do my physical therapy, they are all for it.
Feel better! My mother had hip replacement last year and it has made a world of difference in her mobility.

The good news is that you havent missed anything. All of the special meals and parties open for booking Tuesday morning.

Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #895
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I received no e-mail confirmation, but my reservations all show up when I log into the official Walt Disney World website and check My Reservations, along with my other dining reservations and my room reservation. This may require you to run the Update function at My Reservations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort, you can pull up the reservation on your DVC account or Disney account. Check your dining reservations, and it will show up with the event date, time, and place. If you click "details", it shows who the presenter is. Hope this helps.
None of my 3 showed up under My Reservations when I searched for them yesterday. (I also tried the Update button). This morning, I searched again and found the Mixology seminar. I can see my DVC resort reservations & my AP dining reservation along with the Mixology. The other two (Wine seminars) still don't show up.

Since my credit card was charged for all three, I'm not going to worry - well maybe just a little. Maybe tomorrow.

Inkmahm - wishing you a speedy and easy recovery.

Good luck to all who will be booking special events on the 14th.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #896
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
None of my 3 showed up under My Reservations when I searched for them yesterday. (I also tried the Update button). This morning, I searched again and found the Mixology seminar.
I think the key is to make sure the Disney reservationist has your Disney resort reservation number. (My reservationist asked for it.) That way, the cross-referencing in Disney's system seems to work. It also saved some time because I then only had to verify the information she pulled up, not provide it (and spell it) so that she could accurately enter it.

It's also supposed to work if the reservationist enters the correct phone number and the email address associated with your online account. Then the Update button should find the reservation, but that seems not to work sometimes.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #897
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I do not ever give my resort reservation number, this year for the festival I will probably have five separate resort reservations due to adding a day on here or there before a DVC stay on three separate trips. They once got so confused trying to guess which stay I am booking which event for that I thought I would not get the events I wanted because they would sell out while the agent was trying to find the room reservation. So if they ask, I say I am staying offsite. I'd rather have enough time to book the popular stuff than have it show up in the reservations tab.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #898
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I think the key is to make sure the Disney reservationist has your Disney resort reservation number. (My reservationist asked for it.) That way, the cross-referencing in Disney's system seems to work. It also saved some time because I then only had to verify the information she pulled up, not provide it (and spell it) so that she could accurately enter it.

It's also supposed to work if the reservationist enters the correct phone number and the email address associated with your online account. Then the Update button should find the reservation, but that seems not to work sometimes.
I booked through DVC and the CMs asked me all the usual questions so I know they had all that info. The Mixology seminar was booked on a different call by a different DVC CM, so maybe the two CMs booked differently somehow.

If the wine seminars don't show by tomorrow, I may call to see what I can find out and verify that they are really in the computer and that I have the correct confirmation numbers.

I'll post again if I find out anything. Thanks for your help and info.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #899
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I do not ever give my resort reservation number, this year for the festival I will probably have five separate resort reservations due to adding a day on here or there before a DVC stay on three separate trips. They once got so confused trying to guess which stay I am booking which event for that I thought I would not get the events I wanted because they would sell out while the agent was trying to find the room reservation. So if they ask, I say I am staying offsite. I'd rather have enough time to book the popular stuff than have it show up in the reservations tab.
If I had multiple room reservations, I would only give one of them to the reservationist.

My F&W demo/seminar reservations yesterday included dates that occur before we check in at our main WDW resort. In this case, by giving the reservationist a single room reservation, I saved time because it brought up all the details that she would otherwise have had to enter. That allowed me to get to the "popular stuff" more quickly.

Your experiences might be different.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #900
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
If I had multiple room reservations, I would only give one of them to the reservationist.
That doesn't work either. Because then when you ask to book an event that is OUTSIDE that reservation, they get confused. And when time is of the essence as it will be on Tuesday morning, I do not want the booking agent confused. I've found saying I was offsite to be the best way to handle multiple resort reservations. For the deminars I called DVC and she just booked me under my first reservation because DVC has all that info already, but when I am calling WDW-DINE I do not want to confuse the agent with multiple reservations, especially since they start in three different months.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: