Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #871
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Snurk - I suggest calling back again. This same type of thing happened to me last year and in the end, the event I was trying to book was NOT sold out and I got tickets a few days later. It is worth a call, I would think.

I also hope to see that there is availability on the 14th for full priced tickets for some of these major events. There usually is!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #872
WeeVee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
Had a terrible experience this morning trying to get the Robert Irvine event.

I called FEST at 7:00 EST just in case, 15 minute wait on hold before the CM says the demos don't start booking until 8:00. No problem - I thought it was supposed to be 8:00. I call back at 7:55 in case there's a long hold again - get right in, hang up since it's not 7:00 yet. Call back at 7:58 just in case there's a wait - and there is - I'm on hold for at least 5 minutes.

DW calls DVC on her cell phone right at 8:00 (covering our bases) and gets right in, but gets a dud CM. The CM takes our DVC# as usual, then starts going over our acct info and says there's no email address on the account, blah, blah. I'm mouthing to DW to tell her to skip it and get the reservation since it's probably going fast. DW tells the CM the day, time, and that it's Robert Irvine. CM can't find it, then does, but says there's no name/description. DW tells her to just book the 1:00. CM says there's one for 2:00, not 1:00. DW tells her the food demos are at 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00 everyday. CM says that's what she thought too. CM puts DW on hold, can't figure things out, etc.

In the meantime I've gotten in to the FEST CM. She takes my name, DVC#, and email and pulls up the event. She clicks to make our reservation, but it's not taking - she says it looks like someone else has it locked. She keeps clicking it, puts me on hold for a moment, keeps clicking, we wait and we wait - and she eventually gives up and says it must be sold out now. Grrrrr...

DW is still on the phone with DVC and I'm overhearing that CM is booking the 2:00 event??? We get a confirmation#, they charge us the $36 (3x$12), DW confirms with the CM that we have the 1:00 Irvine and she says yes, but it converted it to 2:00 for some reason on her screen. I'm relieved that it looks like it worked out somehow, but a little nervous with as much trouble as she had, so I plan on calling DINE later at work to confirm the res#.

30 minutes later DVC calls back - yeah, we don't really have a reservation for Irvine after all (I didn't take the call so I'm not sure what all was said). 10 more minutes later DVC calls back again with our cancellation confirmation#.

So how irritated would you be after this experience? I'd like to call to complain since they boofed this one up, but the only recourse I'm interested in is getting the Irvine res. And I have some doubts anyone will be able to pull from the general stack to satisfy me.
Unfortunately there isn't much recourse for you to solve this issue but I would still try to via email with customer service rep from DVC concierge.

You can try for the Robert Irvine demonstration still on Tuesday August 14 with the general public call in. I doubt if all the tickets were for different memberships but I don't know that for sure.
WeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #873
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can try to get them on the 14th, I'm pretty sure they don't put the whole inventory on sale early, but I think I'd let DVC know that they need to train at least some of their reservationists. As these events are not refundable or cancellable I don't think they keep a waitlist, but the seminars may hold some tickets for same-day sale, they used to do that when they first started charging.

Honestly, somebody has this sort of thing happen EVERY year, I'm always worried that this will be my year. Last year there was someone who I think wanted a French Regional Lunch for 5 and the agent booked it for 4, then it sold out and they couldn't get the 5th person in. The customer didn't want to go without one person but couldn't cancel the other 4 and they couldn't add the 5th person no matter what they did. I am trying to remember if something got worked out eventually.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 08-10-2012 at 02:30 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #874
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

If you have an AP/TiW/DVC/GO number, but were told today that Robert Irvine's culinary demo (of any other culinary demo) was sold out...

Call back and ask the CM if there are any full-price tickets left, even though you qualify for the $2 discount. I don't know if it will work this year, but it worked for me last year with a culinary demo that was "sold out" on the first day. It turned out that only the inventory eligible for a $2 was sold out.

If that doesn't work...

Call back Tuesday morning, August 14, ay 7:00 a.m. EDT sharp. They should release more inventory that morning. After all, they can't very well have no inventory available for regular, paying guests who just don't belong to any of the discount-qualifying programs.

If that doesn't work...

Line up at the Festival Center as early as possible on the day of Robert Irvine's culinary demo. Disney holds back some spots (around 25, I've been told) to be released on the day of the demos. There will probably be far more people who want tickets than available spots, but let's hope Disney will properly track the order of arrival.

If that doesn't work...

In past years, it's been possible to stand outside the seating area and watch the demo. Of course, you would be competing for a view with other disappointed guests, and there would be no sample -- but at least it would be free.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #875
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

Hi, Do we get any kind of confirmation via e-mail after booking a DEMO?? I booked thru DVC and they always ask to verify my e-mail, but I noticed in a reply that the WDW- FEST line had ASKED for an e-mail. Thanks, Joan
Old 08-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #876
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan S. View Post
Hi, Do we get any kind of confirmation via e-mail after booking a DEMO?? I booked thru DVC and they always ask to verify my e-mail, but I noticed in a reply that the WDW- FEST line had ASKED for an e-mail. Thanks, Joan
I received no e-mail confirmation, but my reservations all show up when I log into the official Walt Disney World website and check My Reservations, along with my other dining reservations and my room reservation. This may require you to run the Update function at My Reservations.

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 08-10-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #877
PatriciaH
I want to be an Imagineer!

Whew! I just caught up on the past few days of posts. I do not see any deminars I really like for our dates (10.27-11.4.) We did 2 Mixology deminars last year (Hendricks and 7 Tiki Rum) and they were both good.

We will probably do PFTS with reserved seating on 11.3 and I am happy with the wines and chefs listed for that date (that was nice seeing those listed way ahead.) Other than that we may do a Tequila lunch and an Italian Regional Food & Wine Luncheon. I did not see any Signature dinners I really like for the dates we are there (other than V&A and that is too much $ for us.) Might skip everything other than PFTS and the food booths and use the money to go to Discovery Cove

We missed out on the Grand Marnier (Mix it Shake it one) the first year they had it because the CM had no idea how to book it. It was pretty annoying and you think they would train them better for this time frame. I had the time, the location and the name of the event and she still could not find it.

And last but not least I am so glad they are not serving the salmon at the Canada booth this year. I like salmon but that whole area just stinks from the salmon cooking!
78 Off Site, 89 Off Site, 93 Caribbean Beach, 94 Wilderness Lodge, 94 Caribbean Beach, 96 Dixie Landings, 99 Port Orleans, 00 Disneyland Hotel, 01 Coronado Springs, 02 Coronado Springs, 02 Port Orleans FQ, 03 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 03 Marriott DT Disney/Wilderness Lodge, 04 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Disney Wonder, October 04 Living in Celebration and loving it! 05 Paradise Pier/Grand Californian, 07 Disney Wonder, 07 Grand Floridian, 08 Yacht Club, 08 Adventures By Disney Viva Italia/Knights and Lights/DL Paris, 09 Grand Floridian, 09 Candy Cane Inn/1st D23 Expo, 09 Polynesian, 10 Summer Nightastic, 10 F&W's 15th, 11 Candy Cane Inn/DL/DCA, 11 D23 Scavenger Hunt, 11 Wilderness Lodge/F&W/MNSS/HHN/MVMCP/15th Anniversary Trip, 11 Xmas Trip, 12 WD Family Museum/DL Hotel, 12 F&G, 12 Sept Trip, 12 Wilderness Cabins/F&W/HHN/Fall Trip, 13 January WDW Trip, 13 Paradise Pier/DL/DCA/Cars Land, 13 Sea World/Universal/WDW, 13 Disney Dream/F&W, 14 HHN/F&W
224+ out of 224:
PatriciaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #878
musicmantrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We did this a couple of years ago and it was good! there was a lot of liquor too! I had a TR back then and if you want to know more about it I might be able to find that post. Maybe...
Think I found it, very informative. I kind of thought it would be mixed drinks based on whiskey (greatly underserved market unless you want a bourbon and coke). I like straight whiskey but the seminar times may hinder productivity for the rest of the day.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=334
Fort Wilderness Cabins - 1995, POP All Star Music - 2001, Contemporary - 2001, Off-site Disney World - 2003, Off-site Disneyland/DCA - 2004, Contemporary - 2005, Contemporary - 2008, Off-site Disneyland/DCA - 2011, Off-site Disney World - Mar. 2012, CBR - Nov. 2012
musicmantrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #879
Candycane83
Mouseketeer

Just a question about Party of the Senses... Do you need a park ticket to attend this event? I'm sure it's been asked somewhere but I can't seem to find it. DH and I will be at Universal on Nov 3 but am thinking this might be worth the trip. Thanks in advance!
Candycane83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #880
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane83 View Post
Just a question about Party of the Senses... Do you need a park ticket to attend this event? I'm sure it's been asked somewhere but I can't seem to find it. DH and I will be at Universal on Nov 3 but am thinking this might be worth the trip. Thanks in advance!
yes you do need a park ticket to attend

Kteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #881
neverlandmom
Earning My Ears

Yes you do
All Star Movies October 2008 (15 days)
Couldn't get enough so we moved to FL May 2009
neverlandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #882
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

I need help please .I want to ask you all about the different paid events I see there is 14 dollar ticket ones and then there is the party of senses which is lots of money . So tell me what do i get for 14 bucks? Thanks for your help.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #883
Jenbabe411
Earning My Ears

The CM I worked with said that he could not send confirmation emails for the events.
Jenbabe411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #884
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I was lucky enough to score 3 Robert Irvine tickets. Set the alarm for 5:00 am, called Disney and was put on hold....put it on speaker, and put on my make up (can you tell this isn't my first time to this rodeo? you have to multi-task because you never know how long you'll be on hold!) CM finally answered and told me to call back at 8:00 EST.

Well, immediately went to the real source...the DISboards and saw someone else was able to book, so I knew instantly that it was another case of "depends on the CM". Called back and was able to book Robert Irvine. I want to say it was around 5:45am my time. It appears they sold out within the next 1/2 hour after that.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #885
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbabe411 View Post
The CM I worked with said that he could not send confirmation emails for the events.
If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort, you can pull up the reservation on your DVC account or Disney account. Check your dining reservations, and it will show up with the event date, time, and place. If you click "details", it shows who the presenter is. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Scrappy_Tink; 08-10-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: