Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #721
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
It's $12 with the discount. It was $11 with the discount last year. I did three of them. The amount served was not miniscule. You got three regular size cocktails. The kind that you'd pay $12 for just one of them in the resort bars. The ones they pass out won't have the fancy garnish and stuff the mixologist might put on the one they make onstage.
We did the Disaronno Amaretto one last year. It was fun and worth it. We were served four drinks, not full sized but I would guess 6 oz servings. I agree that it's more bang for the buck than the wine demos. Our presenter was nervous but seemed sincere about his product. I don't think he was used to speaking to a crowd.

I really, really hope they release the schedule for the demos and mixology seminars tomorrow. I refuse to blindly book when I might get stuck with something I don't like.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #722
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
How long do they take? Will we have time to do them before PFTS and/or 3D??
No, I don't think you have time to do that, and I wouldn't recommend it, there's plenty of booze to try at the big events.

They're perfectly aware that nobody will be booking anything without a schedule.
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 06:21 AM   #723
princessmurdough
Does that come with champagne?

PFTS question...anyone have any intel on the $100 difference between the reserved seating and Wine Vue lounge? It sounds like its just a matter of an open bar and maybe an extra dessert offering? I have to decide here soon, and can't seem to find any info out there...thanks!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #724
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
No, I don't think you have time to do that, and I wouldn't recommend it, there's plenty of booze to try at the big events.

They're perfectly aware that nobody will be booking anything without a schedule.
That's what I was thinking, but DH was insisting we could squeeze them in so I told him I'd ask the experts. Thanks!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #725
WeeVee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmurdough View Post
PFTS question...anyone have any intel on the $100 difference between the reserved seating and Wine Vue lounge? It sounds like its just a matter of an open bar and maybe an extra dessert offering? I have to decide here soon, and can't seem to find any info out there...thanks!
Reserved seating in the main room is new this year so no one really knows the exact difference, except maybe the festival planners and I'm not sure that even they know yet.

In previous years the Wine View Lounge had those things you mentioned; open bar, I don't remember dessert but it does have a nice cheese assortment table, specially etched wine glass (Wine View Lounge and date), and a gift bag with some very token items. Of course that does not mean it will be the same this year.
WeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #726
VictoriaT
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for our first time trying the deminars and mixolgy seminars! I have a question on how long the mixology seminars last. Will we have time to go from a 5:00 deminars to the Mixology at 6:00, or will it be tight? Also, is 7:15 too early for a dining ressie if we attend a mixology?

And check out the 2011 culinary info and beverage and mixology info on allears- I went there to see what last years, schedule was, and I think it downloaded this years; at least the dates were all 2012!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #727
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaT View Post
Can't wait for our first time trying the deminars and mixolgy seminars! I have a question on how long the mixology seminars last. Will we have time to go from a 5:00 deminars to the Mixology at 6:00, or will it be tight? Also, is 7:15 too early for a dining ressie if we attend a mixology?

And check out the 2011 culinary info and beverage and mixology info on allears- I went there to see what last years, schedule was, and I think it downloaded this years; at least the dates were all 2012!
I found the schedule too. However on the overview page it says the culinary demos are Saturday and Sunday only but on the schedule, there's something booked every day?

and I would also like to know about the time frame. Going from a 4:00 wine/bev to 5:00 culinary? I think they are all in future world but I'm not sure how long they last?

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |

SMorgan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #728
wvaspartan
In Stitch's Kingdom

Yes those are the schedules....They are linked directly from Disney's site...Lucky that
wvaspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #729
VictoriaT
DIS Veteran

The seminars have been daily, as long as have been researching them. I'm just hoping there will be the seminars I'm hoping for available when I can reserve on the 14th!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #730
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorgan711 View Post
I found the schedule too. However on the overview page it says the culinary demos are Saturday and Sunday only but on the schedule, there's something booked every day?

and I would also like to know about the time frame. Going from a 4:00 wine/bev to 5:00 culinary? I think they are all in future world but I'm not sure how long they last?
The demos have been all in the Festival Center, so it's no problem getting from one to the other--unless the first one goes over, and even then it's fine, you just decide whether it's more important to stay for the end of one or be there at the start of the next one.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #731
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaT View Post

Can you share the link to the schedule?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #732
wvaspartan
In Stitch's Kingdom

Culinary

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...naryByDate.pdf

Wine/Beverage

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...rageByDate.pdf

Mix

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...logyByDate.pdf
Old 08-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #733
VictoriaT
DIS Veteran

Thanks, you beat me to it!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #734
wvaspartan
In Stitch's Kingdom

LOL...I am friends with Warren Brown so I have been looking everywhere, everyday to get the schedule. He has been on vacation so I didnt get to ask him what time his culinary one was for this fall.

Can't wait to book tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #735
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Disney needs to hire proofreaders. Did you know that October 8, 9, and 10 are all a Tuesday?
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: