Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #406
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinadca View Post
Does anyone know what the dress code for PFTS is? My husband just made a comment that he would need to bring a suit again (We ate at V & As last time we went in June)...and I guess I just assumed we'd be in Epcot anyhow, so we'd just wear whatever we were wearing in the park.

Is this something we should dress up for instead? It's OK if that is the case, I just don't want to be a roob
It's not "suits" (like V&A) but most people do dress nicer then park attire (but there will be folks in park attire there) Men generally have no something like a collared shirt and either dress shorts or nice pants and women go all different directions. Some women use it as a reason to haul out the fancy cocktail dress (Those are always the one's whose spouses wear the shorts always makes me laugh, like "did you start at the same place?" My favorite couple was the one where she was in a VERY fancy sparkly cocktail dress with lots of "diamonds", 4 inch heals and a fancy purse and he had on blue jean shorts and a tee shirt!) but MOST of us probably have on capri's or nice pants and top. Dressier then Park, but not 'over the top" (I don't recall if they tell you it has a dress code or not) I think two years ago I wore black pants and a black sweater that has little gold thread in it. Felt a little dressier then normal, but not "formal" dress
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #407
goodferry
DIS Veteran

Last year I wore a cotton long sleeve black dress with a scarf and DH wore a polo shirt and khaki pants. I did not wear heels, but saw some crazy high heels!
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #408
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

He doesn't need a suit. Khakis should be fine. I usually don't wear anything I wouldn't wear to work, park clothes don't seem right, although I see people in park clothes. And no heels! At least not when you're using general admission. Unless you're really comfortable standing and walking around in heels.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #409
marinadca
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! Back to the hotel for the capris/khakis it is Glad he thought of it, I just assumed!

marinadca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #410
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You only have to get up and call at 4AM if you want a good chance at getting in!

Tell me about it!

So 5 am for me.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #411
janinev7
Mouseketeer

Celebrity chefs

Hi! I will be there for my first f&w festival in October. I saw a list of celebrity chefs that are supposed to be there but is there some kid of schedule of which dates/times are listed for who will be there and when?
Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #412
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Sorry, but the schedule isn't out yet.

We are looking for at least some of it to come out on or after the 28th, when there is a preview for Tables in Wonderland members at WDW.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #413
goldylox
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to be there for Food & Wine Festival this year. I know last year a tequila tasting was offered. Does anyone know if there is a list of these type of events posted any where?
Thanks
goldylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #414
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldylox View Post
Can't wait to be there for Food & Wine Festival this year. I know last year a tequila tasting was offered. Does anyone know if there is a list of these type of events posted any where?
Thanks
Not yet.

Pull up a chair and wait with us!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #415
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

If you want to see lists from 2011 there are links in the first post.

2012 schedules aren't out yet.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #416
goodferry
DIS Veteran

Last year we went to the Food and Wine festival at the very end, we were there the last week of October into the first week of November so we had a while after all the information was released about the booths and the events to plan what we wanted to do. This year we are on the other end of things, we are there starting the 27th of September through the following Sunday (10/7) and this not having our plans set in stone yet is killing me

Here is my question buried after that statement. Has anyone had any success getting IPO to book their food and wine stuff for them? We are staying club level at the BWI and I am going back and forth between having them book for us and booking ourselves. Last year I didn't realize how popular some things were so we missed some events we would have liked to go to, so I don't want to miss out this year.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #417
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

We should have some info on Saturday, that is when the TIW preview is.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #418
marinadca
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
We should have some info on Saturday, that is when the TIW preview is.
I am sooo hoping we will!

marinadca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #419
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
Last year we went to the Food and Wine festival at the very end, we were there the last week of October into the first week of November so we had a while after all the information was released about the booths and the events to plan what we wanted to do. This year we are on the other end of things, we are there starting the 27th of September through the following Sunday (10/7) and this not having our plans set in stone yet is killing me

Here is my question buried after that statement. Has anyone had any success getting IPO to book their food and wine stuff for them? We are staying club level at the BWI and I am going back and forth between having them book for us and booking ourselves. Last year I didn't realize how popular some things were so we missed some events we would have liked to go to, so I don't want to miss out this year.
Goodferry oh yes ask IPO to book what you want. We are staying at the Beach Club CL starting Septemeber 24 and staying on. I have already contacted IPO and told them what we were interested in so they can keep an eye out. They get first notice when new things are opened up. I have used them in past years for F&W and have alway gotten what I have requested. Sure beats getting up at 3:30 AM for us on west coast. I did that the first year or two my DH and went.

Angel16
Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #420
mommyoftwo08
Mouseketeer

TIW preview

What is the Tables in Wonderland preview? Sorry if I missed something obvious before....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: