Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #391
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

We really want to do the Marketplace VIP Access Chef Tour on 10/31. How many do you think will be in each group? Will there be more than one group per day? Do I really have to get up at 4 am (I'm on the west coast) to book it?

I am also waiting for the other special events to come out. We have a Sunday and Wed scheduled for F&W. I am hoping for some spectacular Sunday events!

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #392
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
We really want to do the Marketplace VIP Access Chef Tour on 10/31. How many do you think will be in each group? Will there be more than one group per day? Do I really have to get up at 4 am (I'm on the west coast) to book it?

I am also waiting for the other special events to come out. We have a Sunday and Wed scheduled for F&W. I am hoping for some spectacular Sunday events!
You only have to get up and call at 4AM if you want a good chance at getting in!

Tell me about it!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #393
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Since this is the first year they've ever offered the Marketplace tour, I can't even hazard a guess as to the details or how popular it will be. I know I'm not planning to book one.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #394
simplestar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
This is billed as a "cast preview" so they will not announce it publicly. But yes, they do it every year on the Thursday before opening, and you don't have to be cast to buy items at the booths.
Great! Thank you!
simplestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #395
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Do they close booths every year that they had the previous year? I am trying to plan what I want based on last years booth but I don't know if all of those same booths will be there.

If they do close some booths how many is it normally?

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #396
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Do they close booths every year that they had the previous year? I am trying to plan what I want based on last years booth but I don't know if all of those same booths will be there.

If they do close some booths how many is it normally?
There are usually 26 or more food booths. They change about 5 or 6 each year.
The ones that seem to always be there are France, Italy, Germany, Japan, China, Mexico, Canada, Morocco even though their food items can change from year to year. Greece & Australia seem to have been there for many years and it was hinted that they would be making a slight change to the Lamb Chop for Australia this year. They have mentioned two new Booths for this year, one with Vegan choices and the other will be Florida.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #397
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Don't know when you're going, but it's out that Bistro will likely be closed for renovations through October.
This was from awhile back, there was a poster who had booked Bistro for October...don't know if they're still reading, but there's a report on the main board from someone who just got a call about cancelling their reservation, when it was stated that Bistro would be closed through the end of November.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #398
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Since this is the first year they've ever offered the Marketplace tour, I can't even hazard a guess as to the details or how popular it will be. I know I'm not planning to book one.
And I can't even imagine how expensive it might be. Or have they announced the price yet?
Old 07-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #399
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

The Disney Parks Blog announced recently that the price for the Marketplace chefs tour will be $90 per person, not including tax or park admission.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #400
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This was from awhile back, there was a poster who had booked Bistro for October...don't know if they're still reading, but there's a report on the main board from someone who just got a call about cancelling their reservation, when it was stated that Bistro would be closed through the end of November.
I've seen it posted on several different Disney fan sites that Bistro de Paris will be closed through 10/31/12.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #401
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I've seen it posted on several different Disney fan sites that Bistro de Paris will be closed through 10/31/12.
So, we DID have our Bistro dinner changed to Chefs by Disney... they didn't bother to inform us they were doing it....... No email, phone call, nada. Just a changed ADR on our list.

It's not a huge deal, though we aren't going to eat at Chef's either, just not the same "romantic" feel. I do wish Disney would be a bit more consistent with their notification process. For example, we did get a letter that GF will be undergoing construction during our stay (we ended up switching to Poly) but a TON of other people have heard nothing.

I just it's just the way they operate.
jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #402
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

The poster on the main board was called to change the reservation, the cast member who called her said it would be closed through the end of November. So either that cast member got the wrong month, or the fan sites need to update. could be either.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #403
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The poster on the main board was called to change the reservation, the cast member who called her said it would be closed through the end of November. So either that cast member got the wrong month, or the fan sites need to update. could be either.
It appears that the November date is correct. I tried to make several on-line ressies for "Bistro" for November and could not find any avaliability. But starting on 12/1, I was able to find many open dates.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #404
Arynrm1
Mouseketeer

Well I had booked the Nov 10-17 and was planning on going to Epcot the first 3 days so I could have everything done that I wanted to do.

Turns out that I had booked the wrong week!! My husband checked at work and he picked the week before Nov 3-10. So, I had to scramble and change all my reservations.
The good news is that I have more time at the F&W festival. Now I can go during the week when its slower. I'm almost glad that they have not released much info yet, at least I didnt get my heart set on a specific event(or even book it) and not be able to go.

I'm ready now, so bring on the schedule!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #405
marinadca
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what the dress code for PFTS is? My husband just made a comment that he would need to bring a suit again (We ate at V & As last time we went in June)...and I guess I just assumed we'd be in Epcot anyhow, so we'd just wear whatever we were wearing in the park.

Is this something we should dress up for instead? It's OK if that is the case, I just don't want to be a roob

marinadca is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: