Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #331
LMO429
DIS Veteran

When do they announce all the signature events and the date of them?

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #332
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There's no set date for the announcement. Booking starts August 14 so it has to be before then, but there was one year where they didn't announce until 3 days before the booking date (remember that, festival fans?)

Last year it was the end of July, so if we're going by last year we have probably about another week to week and a half to wait. There is a "sneak preview" event for TIW members on July 28, possibly some info will be released then, although it's possible even that won't be the full schedule.
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #333
huey578
Test Track Dummy

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pecial-events/ Just posted on Disney Parks Blog

WDW Commando Member #201
huey578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #334
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huey578 View Post
WOW!! Now I am really excited. I will be on the phone at 7am on August 14th. Can you use Tables of Wonderland for any of the Food and Wine Special Events?
pmdeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #335
marshwiggle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but it looks like the Swan/Dolphin Classic website has been updated with the food and drink offerings for both nights this year's event.

http://www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/index.html
Thanks for the heads-up. The new site looks slicker but the info is organized less intuitively to me. Based on the chefs' bio section, the Michael Mina rumors might actually be true this year.
marshwiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #336
marshwiggle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdeve View Post
WOW!! Now I am really excited. I will be on the phone at 7am on August 14th. Can you use Tables of Wonderland for any of the Food and Wine Special Events?
If it's like the past few years that I've attended, no discounts for the larger events. There was an AP/TiW discount ($2?) for the culinary and beverage demos.
marshwiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #337
goodferry
DIS Veteran

What is the advantage of the Wine View Lounge if a reserved seating tier also lets you in early, gets you a seat and offers a specialty cocktail?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #338
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

How exciting! We will definitely be looking to book one of the Italian Regional Luncheons.... fits perfectly in our schedule.

I think we're going to skip PFTS this year, it was the only night we could work in a Bistro de Paris dinner and I'm just not willing to give it up.
jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #339
Empress Room
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
What is the advantage of the Wine View Lounge if a reserved seating tier also lets you in early, gets you a seat and offers a specialty cocktail?
The Wine View Lounge has a) waiter/waitress service; b) a full, open bar (both wine and top shelf mixed drinks); and c) an additional appetizer creation in past years. It does not sound as if the reserved seating section has any of these additional options.
Empress Room is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #340
goodferry
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Trying to decide which we are interested in!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #341
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
How exciting! We will definitely be looking to book one of the Italian Regional Luncheons.... fits perfectly in our schedule.

I think we're going to skip PFTS this year, it was the only night we could work in a Bistro de Paris dinner and I'm just not willing to give it up.
Don't know when you're going, but it's out that Bistro will likely be closed for renovations through October.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #342
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Don't know when you're going, but it's out that Bistro will likely be closed for renovations through October.
Where is that information coming from? I just called Reservations and they told me no, our reservations are still there, and BdP is only closed through 9/30??
Old 07-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #343
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

With snack credits already being accepted at the kiosks and now "more child-friendly drinks" does anyone think there's a possibility that they might start allowing quick service credits to be used at the kiosks as well? Two items + a drink = 1 QS meal!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997

Last edited by Wendy&Grumpy; 07-17-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #344
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Where is that information coming from? I just called Reservations and they told me no, our reservations are still there, and BdP is only closed through 9/30??
You should be prepared for the possibility that your reservation might be cancelled in the future. When the word came out that there would be no French Regional Lunches at all this year, apparently because the restaurant would not be available to hold them, there was some indication that the renovation would proceed beyond 9/30 although we don't now know how much beyond. There are some reports of guests with Bistro reservations being contacted and offered a move to Chefs de France, although I don't know the timing on those.

Quote:
With snack credits already being accepted at the kiosks and now "more child-friendly drinks" does anyone think there's a possibility that they might start allowing quick service credits to be used at the kiosks as well? Two items + a drink = 1 QS meal!
The portions are too small to be considered a meal, so no, I don't see them accepting CS credits.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #345
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
You should be prepared for the possibility that your reservation might be cancelled in the future. When the word came out that there would be no French Regional Lunches at all this year, apparently because the restaurant would not be available to hold them, there was some indication that the renovation would proceed beyond 9/30 although we don't now know how much beyond. There are some reports of guests with Bistro reservations being contacted and offered a move to Chefs de France, although I don't know the timing on those.
Thank you for the clarification.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Disney does push out beyond 9/30, but I suppose we haven't be affected yet due to our ADR being on the 20th of Oct.

We shall see. I certainly wouldn't do a dinner at Chefs though, it's a completely different style from Bistro!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: