Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #181
babyblue61
That's why you're the judge and I'm the law-talking guy

It's been 7 years since we last went to the Food and Wine Festival. Can't wait for October!
April 1985 - Off-Site * April 1987 - Off-Site * July 1992 - Off-Site * November 1996 - Shades of Green * August 2001 - Caribbean Beach Resort * January 2002 - All-Star Sports * January 2003 - Animal Kingdom Lodge * October 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort * May 2005 - Beach Club * October 2005 - Boardwalk Inn * April 2006 - Boardwalk Inn * January 2009 - Swan * January 2009 - Port Orleans Resort-French Quarter * September 2009 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary * October 2012 - Yacht Club and Dolphin * March 2013 - Polynesian * October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn * March 2014 - Boardwalk Inn * April 2014 - Swan
babyblue61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #182
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Buddy Valastro

Anyone know what the Cake Boss' plans are for F&W? This will be our first F&W. My DS 11 is a huge fan. Will the deminar be age appropriate? If he is there on a Sweet Sunday (don't really know what that is ) what would that look like?

I'm very new to all of this but wouldn't mind spending the $$$ for DH and DS to attend a celebrity chef event.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #183
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Anyone know what the Cake Boss' plans are for F&W? This will be our first F&W. My DS 11 is a huge fan. Will the deminar be age appropriate? If he is there on a Sweet Sunday (don't really know what that is ) what would that look like?

I'm very new to all of this but wouldn't mind spending the $$$ for DH and DS to attend a celebrity chef event.
There's still the luck of the draw that your visit coincides with the dates he'll be there. If he does happen to be there for the weekend you are going, you might want to see the deminar. It won't be as expensive as the Sweet Sunday. I haven't done one of those Sweet Sundays since they started having them at the Festival Center. I don't intend to go to any.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #184
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
There's still the luck of the draw that your visit coincides with the dates he'll be there. If he does happen to be there for the weekend you are going, you might want to see the deminar. It won't be as expensive as the Sweet Sunday. I haven't done one of those Sweet Sundays since they started having them at the Festival Center. I don't intend to go to any.

True but hopefully with 2 Sundays, we'll have a fair shot. I haven't been to F&W so I'm truly unsure about what any of it entails. This trip has so much planning involved between F&W, MNSSHP, and not having been to WDW in over 3 years...... I'm so lost.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #185
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrit2000 View Post
I felt the same as you after trying the Dessert Party. We did it two years ago. It was really hot when we were there and I found I couldn't really enjoy too much of it. Too much sweetness in a small amount of time. I did take advantage of some of the cheese selection but I probably should have had it before I started on the desserts. The choices were yummy but I don't think this is an event we would attend again.
This is good to hear. I have been hemming and hawing about whether to do these special parties and I just don't think we can eat $125+ worth of food in 3 hours. I think I'd also prefer to be walking around Epcot than standing in a room for 3 hours...some of the pictures and reports from previous years make it tempting though!

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #186
skorpie

Mouseketeer

60th Birthday!

My 60th birthday gift will be to attend the F&W festival and MNSSHP. My birthday is Oct.8 so DH and I will be attending over that weekend. Cannot wait!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #187
fdecker
Mouseketeer

Where are maps showing booth locations?

Is there a map that shows where to get what food?
fdecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #188
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdecker View Post
Is there a map that shows where to get what food?
There will be but it has not been released yet.

2011 Guide Map
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #189
LazyDaisy
Mouseketeer

DH and I went last year and we're going back again this year. While I will be happy with the addition of alcohol-free drink offerings, I'd still like them to be adult friendly. That's one thing that bugs me about Disney in general - they rarely have any nonalcoholic mixed drinks other than the Buzz Lightyear and Tink or whatever. There ARE some adults who can't or don't drink!

And I hope they don't make it too kid-oriented. I have a 4 and a 5 year old who adore EPCOT, but we get child care for that one night and just have grown-up time. It works out for everyone! If there weren't childcare options at Disney, I'd get it, but there is both in-room sitting and the kids' clubs, both of which are just fine options. And you can still stroll around during the day and get treats for everyone if you want - our DD especially likes trying new foods and the serving sizes are great for someone her size. But in the evenings I think it should remain more adult-focused.

Anywho.

We've only been to one festival before, but do the same countries generally show up with the same offerings year after year? I loved the Greek cheese-honey-nut thing, and I would really love, love, love to have one (or more) cups of the Canadian soup... I would be heartbroken if those weren't there!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #190
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyDaisy View Post
We've only been to one festival before, but do the same countries generally show up with the same offerings year after year? I loved the Greek cheese-honey-nut thing, and I would really love, love, love to have one (or more) cups of the Canadian soup... I would be heartbroken if those weren't there!

Yes, I'd say 85-90% of the time the same or similar selections are available at the individual kiosks. There would be a protest march on the World Showcase if the Cheddar Cheese soup wasn't available at the Canada booth!
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #191
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyDaisy View Post
Many of the countries represented by the booths will be the same this year as last. They usually totally change out 2-4 countries each year. Much of the food from booth to booth for the returning countries remains the same from year to year. They might change one or two items or none at each returning both from year to year. This is the first year since I've been attending for the past 10 or so that Canada will replace the Salmon with the Mushroom Filet. The Cheddar Cheese Soup so far seems to be the item that stays. France always has the Escargot but changes up the other items from time to time. Italy usually changes theirs around a little. Germany always has some type of sausage/wurst on the pretzel roll but they seem to change the actual type every few years. I missed out on the Cheese/Honey/Nut thing in Greece last year because they ran out before the festival ended and I kept putting off trying it, it was a new menu item last year. Mexico's booth had a major overhaul of their menu last year from what they had in previous years. I enjoyed the new items they offered. They seem to change up the Desserts at the booth that has the Dessert Trio each year.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #192
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

The dessert trio was definatly different last year then what was offered in 2010. They can never seem to have a really great selection though. I always get the trio to try, and there's usually only one I really like and the other two are eh.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #193
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
The dessert trio was definatly different last year then what was offered in 2010. They can never seem to have a really great selection though. I always get the trio to try, and there's usually only one I really like and the other two are eh.
That's the way it is for me too. I'm finally learning that I should just get one dessert and a glass of champagne at that booth. Last year I liked the lemon chiffon dessert, thought the tres leches thing was okay, and skipped the chocolate one completely.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #194
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Does he have a webpage with his schedule? I know that sometimes the "celebrties" spill the beans before Disney does. (Don't rallly even know who Cake Boss is, but I thought it was worth a try)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #195
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The Canada Cheddar Cheese soup is the single most popular item sold at the World Showcase kiosks, year after year. It will almost certainly be returning.

Quote:
Will the deminar be age appropriate?
I'm not sure what this means. Your child is welcome to attend with paid admission; the child will not get the wine sample and there won't be any reduction in price because the child can't have the wine. They don't gear the seminars for children, but if the kid has an interest in the subject matter they will be fine. At eleven they are old enough to sit and pay attention, too.

A big hint will be if he does a book signing and you want his autograph, get there EARLY and get a wristband for the signing. It will be conducted separately from the deminar.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: