Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #1546
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Hi everyone, Deb from AllEars tweeted this morning that in addition to the Chase Visa lounge in the Festival Center, there would also be preferred viewing locations for Chase Visa cardholders at Eat to the Beat concerts and for Illuminations. If anyone comes across any details on the preferred viewing for the concerts, I'd love to hear it!
This would be great!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #1547
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
The wrist cards are the same as regular Disney gift cards.

Thank you. I wish I could get them online so we could have them the entire trip. We're not set to hit Epcot until our 2nd park day.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #1548
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I am in Canada, drinking Ephemere. They also have trois pistoles and Blanche du chambly. 8.50.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #1549
brandtmd
Earning My Ears

Went to opening day of food and wine

Went today. Opening day and also a big disney race day so crowd was very large. Went a lot when food and wine first started. Not so much in recent years. Best food was the Hawaiian tuna sashmi over seaweed salad with lotus chips.For me there were a lot of misses- not the least of which was using the same or very similar roast/pulled pork for a Hawaiian pork slider slathered in mayonnaise and the Korean pork with kimchi slaw topped with - you guessed it mayonnaise. Several of the things we tried were SWIMMING in oil Australian shrimp on the barbie came in a pool of several tablespoons of oil as did the corn "salsa" corn with a sprinkle of microgreens. Corn was from florida cuisine. I guess there is a tasting process that selects the food choices, but i did not come away impressed. Maybe the special events are better, but don't think I would do this again unless things change. I love disney world and all things disney, but think I would not do this again. Was also really annoyed as a grandmother to see fathers wearing what looked like official Disney wear sporting the slogan DRUNKEN MOUSE CLUB. Mentioned it to staff as I exited and the response was "they are supposed to see that at the front gate." love my mouse . did not love food and wine today
brandtmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #1550
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I have a couple of questions, I am trying to finalize my Must Try list!! Any advice is appreciated!

1.)What does the Dragon Berry Colada from the Caribbean Islands taste like?? I am very curious and have heard great things. Does it just taste like berries and what kind of berries? Dragon berry?? Haha is there such a thing?

2.)What does the Griddled Greek Cheese from Greece taste like? Is it really bitter like greek yogurt? I love feta, goat cheese, fresh mozzerella, so would I like this cheese?

3.) Can anyone recommend any mild wine/beer for me? The only beer I really like is Blue Moon so anything around that? Also, is there any specialty fruit wines that would be good? I am thinking about trying the apple ice wine and the blackberry wine from South Korea? Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks so much!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #1551
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985
I have a couple of questions, I am trying to finalize my Must Try list!! Any advice is appreciated!

1.)What does the Dragon Berry Colada from the Caribbean Islands taste like?? I am very curious and have heard great things. Does it just taste like berries and what kind of berries? Dragon berry?? Haha is there such a thing?

2.)What does the Griddled Greek Cheese from Greece taste like? Is it really bitter like greek yogurt? I love feta, goat cheese, fresh mozzerella, so would I like this cheese?

3.) Can anyone recommend any mild wine/beer for me? The only beer I really like is Blue Moon so anything around that? Also, is there any specialty fruit wines that would be good? I am thinking about trying the apple ice wine and the blackberry wine from South Korea? Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks so much!
2) the Greek cheese is great. It tastes like good mozzarella, fried, with honey and pistachios.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #1552
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post

3.) Can anyone recommend any mild wine/beer for me? The only beer I really like is Blue Moon so anything around that?
Thanks so much!
Try the Hoegaarden beer at the Belgium kiosk, it's very much like Blue Moon.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #1553
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985

So, do I see free pop and coffee?? That would be nice!
The soda machine was either broken or empty this afternoon. All that was available was tea or lemonade. Also heard that preferred viewing wristbands are gone by 11am.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #1554
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Try the Hoegaarden beer at the Belgium kiosk, it's very much like Blue Moon.
Thanks! I do like wheat beer! I marked Leffe Blonde from Belgium to try but I might have to switch to the Hoegaarden!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #1555
kthawb
Earning My Ears

Can anyone give us some planning advice. We are headed to Epcot next Sunday with our 2 kids (age almost 3 and 6.5). Is the festival atmosphere ok for the kids? We were hoping to do the phineas and Feb (what used to be kimpossible) cell phone game around the world and while one of us helped the kids with that the other would grab nibbles. Does that sound at all feasible? It's not crazy drunken bacchanal right (and I say this as someone who plans to have a drink)?
kthawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #1556
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthawb View Post
Can anyone give us some planning advice. We are headed to Epcot next Sunday with our 2 kids (age almost 3 and 6.5). Is the festival atmosphere ok for the kids? We were hoping to do the phineas and Feb (what used to be kimpossible) cell phone game around the world and while one of us helped the kids with that the other would grab nibbles. Does that sound at all feasible? It's not crazy drunken bacchanal right (and I say this as someone who plans to have a drink)?
It's not crazy at all and there will be plenty of kids there. I'd try to get there early, though. The later in the day, the more crowded the World Showcase tends to get.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #1557
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

[QUOTE=redzinner;46293481]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post

His first post said it was there at the cart but didn't specify draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeVee View Post
There are 3 Unibroues on tap at the cart during the festival: Emphemere, Blonde de Chambly and Trois Pistoles. Don't know which Emphemere but probably the Apple.
[QUOTE=OrangeCountyCommuter;46296905]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post

I tried to post a picture of the taps....it "seems" to be there on draft. I did not try and Disney seems a little disorganized, but I assume it is either there or on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I am in Canada, drinking Ephemere. They also have trois pistoles and Blanche du chambly. 8.50.
This makes my weekend!! Thanks to all the folks keeping the info up to date! Crowd the kiosks all you want, the best beer in WDW will be at the Canada beer cart

They may change the taps depending on availability?? Last year while drinking my fill of Ephemere, I came back later in the day to find the keg kicked and replaced with Don de Dieu ... I'm not complaining as it's a great brew as well!

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #1558
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Thanks! I do like wheat beer! I marked Leffe Blonde from Belgium to try but I might have to switch to the Hoegaarden!
There is also a Schoffer wiezen wheat brew at the brewers kiosk that may be worth checking out.

If you like a bit of fruit flavor you may like Abita's Purple Haze. It's a wheat beer with raspberry flavor added ... available at the craft brew kiosk

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart

Last edited by Brocktoon; 09-30-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: horrible spelling
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #1559
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthawb View Post
I would be reluctant to try this on a weekend. Just for the crowds. It was not difficult to get food last night and I saw a couple of noisy groups in matching shirts but that was it. Lots of people about though. If you can switch that plan to a weekday I'd do that.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #1560
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Hi everyone, Deb from AllEars tweeted this morning that in addition to the Chase Visa lounge in the Festival Center, there would also be preferred viewing locations for Chase Visa cardholders at Eat to the Beat concerts and for Illuminations. If anyone comes across any details on the preferred viewing for the concerts, I'd love to hear it!
Get there early, they have limited spots and apparently ran out before noon. Weekdays might hold out longer.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: