Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #31
couchpotato
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 57

First Disney Cruise

So excited to be joining all of you for our first Disney Cruise. It will be me and DS (who will be 9 at time of cruise). I'll admit to having no idea what a fish extender was, but after doing my research, I'm all in. please add us and let me know if I need to do something else to get on the FE list.
Looking forward to tips from the cruise veterans in the group
couchpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #32
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Bette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchpotato View Post
So excited to be joining all of you for our first Disney Cruise. It will be me and DS (who will be 9 at time of cruise). I'll admit to having no idea what a fish extender was, but after doing my research, I'm all in. please add us and let me know if I need to do something else to get on the FE list.
Looking forward to tips from the cruise veterans in the group
Welcome! Your first Disney cruise...you're going to love it! Your son is the same age as mine - he will be so excited! I am going to add you both to FE list. If I can answer questions, just let me know!
__________________


March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #33
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer
 
luvdmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NW suburbs of Chicago, IL
Posts: 431

I just booked our family on Southwest last Monday. I got up at 5 am last Monday, which was the day prices were being released, and was shocked to see some of the flights over $300 while others were already sold out. I got a fairly decent fare and will also be flying in on Saturday. We are staying at the Hyatt as well. We tried to do this last year, but Hyatt overbooked and they sent us elsewhere. We arrive around 12:30 from Chicago.

Last edited by luvdmouse; 01-19-2013 at 09:01 AM.
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #34
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Bette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdmouse View Post
I just booked our family on Southwest last Monday. I got up at 5 am last Monday, which was the day prices were being released, and was shocked to see some of the flights over $300 while others were already sold out. I got a fairly decent fare and will also be flying in on Saturday. We are staying at the Hyatt as well. We tried to do this last year, but Hyatt overbooked and they sent us elsewhere. I have a room held already but am thinking that maybe I will prepay to make sure we have a room. We arrive around 12:30 from Chicago.
We arrive at 7:55 pm. I had them note what time we were arriving. I am nervous because I read about what happened to you on another thread! Hoping they don't overbook again!
__________________


March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #35
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer
 
luvdmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NW suburbs of Chicago, IL
Posts: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bette View Post
We arrive at 7:55 pm. I had them note what time we were arriving. I am nervous because I read about what happened to you on another thread! Hoping they don't overbook again!
We arrived closer to 11pm last January. I would hope that we will all have an enjoyable stay at the Hyatt!
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #36
couchpotato
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 57

Is anyone going to the theme parks after the cruise. I have only ever been in early December and looks like late March is expected to be busy. Anyone have info on crowd levels this time of year?
couchpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #37
traceyfitz
Looking forward to the DREAM - March 24th, 2013
 
traceyfitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: CANADA, The True North Strong and Free!
Posts: 18

Just booked our trip

We just booked our stateroom. I will be travelling with my husband and my 8 year old DS. We will be celebrating my 40th Birthday while on the Cruise. SO EXCITED!!!
traceyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #38
couchpotato
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 57

Any chance the Disney movie " OZ" will be playing on board our cruise. The movie has a March premiere date.
couchpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #39
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...
 
podsnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posts: 6,873

Well, I just booked our flights, so that makes it official! My Ds13, Timmy, and I (Ellen) will be joining you! We are abandoning the rest of the family (DS 18, DS 15 & DH) who will need to stay home because of school, high school baseball, and tax season, respectively. This will be my 4th Disney cruise and DS's 3rd. Spending 2 nights at WLV before and flying home right after. I was on the Dream last year with girlfriends (DISmoms) in May.....and I will be sailing again in May with them this year because it was sooooo much fun! Looking forward to getting to know you-
Ellen
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #40
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Bette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyfitz View Post
We just booked our stateroom. I will be travelling with my husband and my 8 year old DS. We will be celebrating my 40th Birthday while on the Cruise. SO EXCITED!!!
Welcome!! What a fun birthday you are going to have! Is your family interested in joining the FE? Check it out and let me know!
__________________


March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #41
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Bette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchpotato View Post
Any chance the Disney movie " OZ" will be playing on board our cruise. The movie has a March premiere date.
My DS and I are sure hoping so!!
__________________


March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #42
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Bette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Well, I just booked our flights, so that makes it official! My Ds13, Timmy, and I (Ellen) will be joining you! We are abandoning the rest of the family (DS 18, DS 15 & DH) who will need to stay home because of school, high school baseball, and tax season, respectively. This will be my 4th Disney cruise and DS's 3rd. Spending 2 nights at WLV before and flying home right after. I was on the Dream last year with girlfriends (DISmoms) in May.....and I will be sailing again in May with them this year because it was sooooo much fun! Looking forward to getting to know you-
Ellen
Hi Ellen! I am enjoying your TR's! So glad you will be on this cruise - it will be so much fun! Will you and Timmy be doing the FE this time? Let me know and I will add you! Can I just say that I am so jealous of all your travels?! We must meet in Pink for a drink!
__________________


March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #43
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!
 
toniosmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchpotato View Post
Is anyone going to the theme parks after the cruise. I have only ever been in early December and looks like late March is expected to be busy. Anyone have info on crowd levels this time of year?
We're going to the parks before the cruise. We get off the ship on Thursday and the following Sunday is Easter, so my guess is the parks will be crowded that entire week.
__________________
Me: DS9:

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL

Last edited by toniosmom; 09-15-2012 at 07:29 PM.
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #44
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...
 
podsnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posts: 6,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bette View Post
Hi Ellen! I am enjoying your TR's! So glad you will be on this cruise - it will be so much fun! Will you and Timmy be doing the FE this time? Let me know and I will add you! Can I just say that I am so jealous of all your travels?! We must meet in Pink for a drink!
That's awesome, Princess! I am looking forward to our drink in pink! Not sure about the FE- but we probably will- I will let you know soon.

I am so glad you like my TRs- I have a great time traveling, and I love to share it. it always helps me to read about someone else's trips, whether it's to inspire one of my own or to just dream about being away.... So I'm really happy if I can do that for someone else!

I am so excited to go on the Dream again!!!! But I am even MORE excited to have a vacation with just me and my "baby"- it's really kind of special. Not that he will want much to do with me once we get onboard, LOL!

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #45
BataviaMom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18

First Cruise

Hi All - just found this thread! We will be joining you and this will be our first cruise so I don't even know what I don't know. LOL

It will be me and DS who will be 15 when we go. He is a little nervous about the teen club and if he will have fun, being "alone".

We are from Batavia IL and will be staying at Bay Lake Towers for a couple of days after the cruise. We are Disney vets with over 20 trips under our belts - cruising - no clue!

We are excited though!

Jan
BataviaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: