Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #376
ktmo
Mouseketeer

I keep having dreams of forgetting my purse with all of our passports at home. This is our first cruise out of Florida, so we can't run home and get them if we forget them. Ugh. I just can't wait to be on the ship. Then I will know it really happening.

I am almost all packed, just the last minute items that we can't pack until the morning we leave.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #377
chwtom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by neffernie View Post
I am so far behind in getting ready than all of you. I have a clean house for the friend who is dog sitting and a packing list. That is it. Luckily we live near Tampa and are planning to druve over Sunday morning so I still have a bit of time.
You are not the furthest behind--we haven't gotten our suitcases out of the basement yet and we leave Friday!
chwtom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #378
MickeyMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neffernie View Post
I am so far behind in getting ready than all of you. I have a clean house for the friend who is dog sitting and a packing list. That is it. Luckily we live near Tampa and are planning to druve over Sunday morning so I still have a bit of time.
You are further ahead than I am! I have been busy working late every night to try and meet a deadline, which means nothing gets done for the trip. We leave Friday a.m., so I have tomorrow night to get it all done once I get home from work. At least I do have some of the things I need in a pile in the living room. Trying to not overpack for once. Yeah, right....
MickeyMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #379
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy

You can, but the kids' options aren't that great. We'll probably try cabanas this time. I love the table service and not busking around so many people at Enchanted Garden, but the kids were not thrilled there last time. :-(
We like Cabanas better too!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #380
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer

Getting excited!!!

Our bags are packed! Just have to survive my hell day today--teach all day, parent teacher conferences from 6-9. Only a half day of school tomorrow and then we're hitting the road at noon tomorrow!! See you all soon!!

momtomattclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #381
neffernie
DIS Veteran

Good luck with packing and travel everyone! See you soon!

neffernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #382
postalchick71
Mouseketeer

I better do some laundry, and get the suitcases out. Our flight is Saturday. I'm so excited
2011-7 Night Magic(Western)
2012-7 Night Magic(Western)
2013-March 24 Dream
2014-April 12 Fantasy
postalchick71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #383
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Doing laundry as I speak!!! Packing little by little as well! Tomorrow my school has a half day so I hope for the classroom to be cleaned up and out of there at 1 just in time to clean my apt and go to my nails appt before I have to get DBF at MCO at 8:15pm!

Last minute questions (sorry!! for all the questions!!)

~Does anyone take a laptop/macbook/iPad with them? I won't be using it for internet but thought about uploading pictures daily? I'm guessing we'll be too busy to even do that but wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

~Also, I got a bunch of Disney Gift Cards for my birthday. Do they have to be used for ship board accounts or can you pay directly with them on the ship? Is CC room key only (except post office)???

~Friends of mine went on Carnival last summer and said they had to take their Passports with them at Nassau so I made a color copy of that and my license but do I need to make a copy of my birth cert too??

I'm sure there will be other things I'll think of along the way...

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #384
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Doing laundry as I speak!!! Packing little by little as well! Tomorrow my school has a half day so I hope for the classroom to be cleaned up and out of there at 1 just in time to clean my apt and go to my nails appt before I have to get DBF at MCO at 8:15pm!

~Does anyone take a laptop/macbook/iPad with them? I won't be using it for internet but thought about uploading pictures daily? I'm guessing we'll be too busy to even do that but wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

I am bringing my ipad, but will probably not use it on the ship. Too much time afterwards to do pics, I'd rather enjoy the cruise while I can!

~Also, I got a bunch of Disney Gift Cards for my birthday. Do they have to be used for ship board accounts or can you pay directly with them on the ship? Is CC room key only (except post office)???

I believe you have to pay for everything with your room key- but you can go down and apply the giftcards to your account whenever you like throughout the cruise. I am bringing a GC too.

~Friends of mine went on Carnival last summer and said they had to take their Passports with them at Nassau so I made a color copy of that and my license but do I need to make a copy of my birth cert too??

This I can't remember- but they will make it very clear if passports are needed when you go to Nassau- and if they say that, you will only need the passport, not all those others (including a copy of your passport- they really only want the real thing). Although it is a good idea to make copies of the passport and keep in your room safe.

Thanks in advance!
Hope that helps- off to fold my mountain of laundry! See you all soon- safe and happy travels everyone!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #385
divinemissm2
Earning My Ears

I think I am about finished packing. I have a full day of work tomorrow and then get to run home, change and drive two hours to the airport hotel. I am soooo looking forward to nicer, warmer weather. I don't even care if it rains as long as it is above 60 degrees. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday. Safe travels all!
divinemissm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #386
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hope that helps- off to fold my mountain of laundry! See you all soon- safe and happy travels everyone!!
Thank you so much!!! I think if anything I'll stop by my apt after the cruise and get my macbook to take to French Quarter with me and do pictures there instead of lugging it around on Sunday on the ship before the room is ready!!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #387
ktmo
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
We are bring iPads. We have gone on two other cruises and brought them. We use them for movies and apps for the girls.

As for Nassau, I am pretty sure that you need a picture ID to get back on board (as well as your Disney ID). I think I remember that from our last trip. DH and I used our drivers license, not our passport, but your passport would work too.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #388
RopeDrop
Earning My Ears

Almost done with laundry

and 3 out of 5 of us are packed.

full day of work today for DH and I

then racing home to take DD11 to play practice

Picking up the dog and dropping her off at puppy camp

Retreiving DD11 from play practice and DD15 from track

Whew! Then the rest of the evening is for finalizing packing and loading the van.

4:15am, we'll all be headed to Milwaukee airport! Whoo Hoo.

See everyone at Vista Cafe.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #389
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Yippee! We are waiting to take off!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #390
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I always bring a laptop for downloading photos each night.

You may use gift cards in the shops on board. I assume you can on CC as well but I'm not sure I can say we've done it.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: