Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #331
divinemissm2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BataviaMom View Post
We are staying at the Hyatt but we don't get in until 11 pm - mistake by me booking so late!

What do we do - we just check in and tell them we are cruising? Do we bring everything to the bus (where is it)?

Sorry - such a newbie! My son is 15 and is excited about all the teens so he is up for anything - though he is looking for some running buddies to stay in track shape!

I am too excited!

Jan
I'm a newbie too so I am not sure about the Hyatt piece. I know the buses leave from the airport so I assume we let them know at check in and figure out whether we take our bags to the bus with us or if they do it.

My DS 17 would love to run with your son. He is a field events guy but runs to stay in shape for football.

Molly
divinemissm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #332
BataviaMom
Earning My Ears

So awesome - he will look forward to having at least one running buddy!

He is thinking of doing the 5K at Castaway Cay - good for him - not for me!

One more question - what do you veterans suggest for lunch before we leave? Are there certain places open?

Thanks - so sorry for all the questions!

Jan
BataviaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #333
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdmouse
Who all is staying at the Hyatt at MCO?

We are staying at the Hyatt. We tried to stay there on our last cruise, but they overbooked and sent us to another hotel. I have been promised that this won't happen again. Luckily, we arrive at noon. We will be hanging out by the pool if the weather is nice. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
I remember reading about this earlier and I got real nervous! So today when I called to book a day room for Thursday (we have a late afternoon return flight), I talked with a very helpful young lady and made sure she knew when our flight was due to arrive, etc. She was most helpful and very pleasant. I have been very pleased with their service to date.

I got most of our packing done today! The excitement around here is growing each day! One week until cruise day!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #334
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtomattclare

Getting super excited!!! Can't wait to meet everyone at 3:00!

Jan-- I'm traveling solo with my DS (9) and DD (5). We're also sort of neighbors--I'm on the NW side of Chicago. My kiddos are younger than yours but I teach high school so guessing we might have some common ground. DS and I are doing parasailing at 11:00 as well--wonder if we'll be on the same boat? I'm hoping to run the 5K on Castaway Cay. I haven't read those threads in a while but I think you DS might be able to do that.
Hi Renee!
I was hoping to do the 5k as well, but it doesn't look like I am going to be able too - I injured my knee several months ago and after a couple of injections, it still hurts quite a bit when running on the treadmill. Also, I seem to have a groin injury as well. My age is really starting to show! But I am going to buy me a shirt for motivation for the next cruise! And yes, there will be a next cruise!

See you soon!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #335
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

One week from today we'll be dreaming on the dream

Guess what!! Yesterday, I FINALLY got my cruise booklet!!! It was dated Feb 8th on the stamp and arrived yesterday. I'm curious as to where it could have traveled in that time from Lake Buena Vista to Clermont (about 30 min drive) but there's no telling!

HAPPY PACKING AND TRAVELS THIS WEEK TO EVERYONE!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #336
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BataviaMom View Post
We are staying at the Hyatt but we don't get in until 11 pm - mistake by me booking so late!

What do we do - we just check in and tell them we are cruising? Do we bring everything to the bus (where is it)?

Sorry - such a newbie! My son is 15 and is excited about all the teens so he is up for anything - though he is looking for some running buddies to stay in track shape!

I am too excited!

Jan
If you are staying at the Hyatt and have added transfers from DCL the busses leave right from the airport. The run continuously from about 10am-1:30pm making trips out to Port Canaveral. So when ever you are ready, head downstairs to the Magical Express section in the morning to board the bus. It is very easy and convenient. Hotel will have details for your luggage upon checking in.

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #337
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bette View Post
Hi Renee!
I was hoping to do the 5k as well, but it doesn't look like I am going to be able too - I injured my knee several months ago and after a couple of injections, it still hurts quite a bit when running on the treadmill. Also, I seem to have a groin injury as well. My age is really starting to show! But I am going to buy me a shirt for motivation for the next cruise! And yes, there will be a next cruise!

See you soon!
Hey Bette!

Getting so excited!!! Bummer about your injuries--I can definitely relate. I've been sidelined in the past with back and knee issues--even missed a half marathon last year that I had signed up for. Definitely get the shirt--you know you will be back!

Looking forward to meeting you!!

momtomattclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #338
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdmouse View Post
Hi Momtomattclare and Bataviamom,
We are also from the Chicago area, Buffalo Grove to be exact. I have twin almost 14 years old boys and a 16 year old daughter. Our friends, by chance, ended up on the same cruise. It sounds like there will be lots of teens around. I hope my guys find some 13-14 year old boys to hang around with.
Hi!! I'm not to familiar with Buffalo Grove, but I was just there last week-had to take our dog to the ER vet there. Poor thing had an allergic reaction to her shots. Look forward to meeting you!!

momtomattclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #339
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

For previous cruisers..does you OTC Medicine have to be in the original bottles? I use little travel cases for my OTC allergy medicine which is smaller than the bottle but is that permitted?? Please let me know so I can plan accordingly!! Thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #340
RopeDrop
Earning My Ears

Hi there! I know a few people expressed interest in the last minute FE group. (The just-in-timers!). If you would be willing to give me your kids ages and your cabin number in a PM, then I can keep the list together.

I pick up some bottle top magnets. I have some Minnie and Mickey trinket boxes that I was going to fill. I also wanted to look for some bubbles and other little cruise goodies. Maybe pirate related?

All I need to know if who's in, how old and cabin number.i believe my cabin is 8130, but I ll double check. If you have suggestions for how to do FE send them on. I was just planning on putting some fun trinkets in everyone's door each day. So send me a message with your room number and kids names. Let me know what you think.

Niki
Old 03-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #341
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtomattclare View Post
Hi!! I'm not to familiar with Buffalo Grove, but I was just there last week-had to take our dog to the ER vet there. Poor thing had an allergic reaction to her shots. Look forward to meeting you!!
Sorry to hear about your dog. It's ironic that you were just in BG. Lots of Vets around here.
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #342
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdmouse View Post
Hi Momtomattclare and Bataviamom,
We are also from the Chicago area, Buffalo Grove to be exact. I have twin almost 14 years old boys and a 16 year old daughter. Our friends, by chance, ended up on the same cruise. It sounds like there will be lots of teens around. I hope my guys find some 13-14 year old boys to hang around with.
I have a 13 almost 14 year old for them! We'll be at the meet, but if you don't make that, I'm sure they will meet in Edge- my son loves it in there.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #343
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
For previous cruisers..does you OTC Medicine have to be in the original bottles? I use little travel cases for my OTC allergy medicine which is smaller than the bottle but is that permitted?? Please let me know so I can plan accordingly!! Thanks
No. Medicine does not need to be in original bottles. We also use the pill travel cases. Most of the OTC and our prescription ones i put in the pill cases vs the original bottles. Hope that helps!

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #344
RopeDrop
Earning My Ears

I tried to send a private message to those who wanted to participate in the last-minute FE exchange. If you didn't get the message please let me know.

I'm still not very good at using this board and the messages. Here are the people I think I sent a message to:

liemge
luvdmouse
Jenners351
djmharwell
moebear

and there is my family of course. So even if only 3 of us participate, I've got enough little trinkets for 3 of the 4 nights, and will probably have more after my trip to the store. DD11 is the really gung-ho one!

Last edited by RopeDrop; 03-19-2013 at 10:36 AM.
RopeDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #345
RopeDrop
Earning My Ears

Ideas for Teens

Just remembered that my twins really enjoyed this on castaway Cay last time but they waited until they found out who was going. We signed them up the night before it happened. Might be something to mention to your teen that likes some sporty activities. They did this then came back, ate lunch and played about 3 hours of volleyball.

The Wild Side Teen Adventure Select this Activity
Duration: 4 to 4.5 hours
On this tour you will:

"Chart your own course and take a walk on the "Wild Side" of the island!
"Enjoy some time away from the folks on this teens only 3-in-1 tour which includes snorkeling, biking and kayaking.
"Bike ride along the Castaway airstrip and along the bike path by picture-perfect Serenity Bay to the northern side of the island  an area reserved exclusively for teens on the Wild Side Teen Adventure.
"Kayak through the turquoise waters of the Caribbean and glide by the island's unique mangrove system.
"Head back to shore and bike back to Family Beach where a snorkeling adventure awaits. First-timers and experienced snorkelers will all enjoy the 20-acre snorkel lagoon featuring both a beginner and discover trail.
"All in all, this 4-hour adventure promises fun for everyone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: