Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
skohrs
Mouseketeer Dad

Ice Cream on Fantasy

Do they have cones for the soft-serve ice cream on the Fantasy? On past cruises I have done on the Magic and Wonder, we alway brought a box of cones from home for the ice cream, and my kids loved all the attention they would get from other guests on the ship asking them where they got the cones. I believe I saw a photo of the ice cream area on the Fantasy (Eye Scream?), and it looked like there was a place to get cones. Can anyone verify that?

If so, maybe we need to bring a box of waffle cones this time so my kids can get that special attention again ...

Disney Magic 3/09; Jewel of the Seas 3/07; Disney Wonder 7/06; Voyager of the Seas 11/05; Disney Wonder 5/03; Navigator of the Seas 5/01; Disney Magic 2/99; Sovereign of the Seas 6/91; Future Cruise: Disney Fantasy 6/9/12
skohrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
njdisneylovr
Mouseketeer

Yes, they had cones. They were the standard cake cone like DQ uses.
njdisneylovr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
epgirl
Earning My Ears

They do have the cones. Funny thing is, they have a sign advertising that they offer toppings but they actually don't offer any toppings. I asked the cast member at the soft serve machine area and she said they don't ever have any toppings.....don't know why don't just change the sign.
epgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

I asked the same question about the toppings lol. I thought we kept going at the wrong time (usually after dinner) and they were done serving toppings. But turns out they never have them. So disappointing! They should change the sign because it is misleading.
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Florida Dreamin'
Mouseketeer

There are cones, but *hint*hint* no one will yell at you if you use the drink cups.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

250+ WDW Day Trips | 5 Disney Cruises | Disney Dream & Fantasy Pre- Inaugural
Florida Dreamin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Does anyone happen to know if they have the cones on the Magic and Wonder now as well? I know they haven't in the past...

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
sfeisen
Mouseketeer

In 2005 and 2007 on the Magic, they had squeeze bottles of chocolate syrup and butterscotch toppings. Do they not offer this on the Fantasy?

I may have disappointed boys......this is a favorite memory of our past cruises!
sfeisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
clten
DIS Veteran

Just the Wonder and they had cones only by the ice cream machines (no dishes or spoons like they used to have). Was told that they went to cones only there for hygiene reasons. (But you can bring a cup from the drink station.). Also said they removed the toppings also for hygiene reasons. Seemed there were a lot of problems with fingers touching a lot of things in the process of getting a serving of ice cream.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
emdowens74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Does anyone happen to know if they have the cones on the Magic and Wonder now as well? I know they haven't in the past...
We were on the Magic In April. They definiitely had Cones...my kids had a few each DAY!?!?!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
Just the Wonder and they had cones only by the ice cream machines (no dishes or spoons like they used to have). Was told that they went to cones only there for hygiene reasons. (But you can bring a cup from the drink station.). Also said they removed the toppings also for hygiene reasons. Seemed there were a lot of problems with fingers touching a lot of things in the process of getting a serving of ice cream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emdowens74 View Post
We were on the Magic In April. They definiitely had Cones...my kids had a few each DAY!?!?!
Awesome, thanks

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
xcitedtogo
Earning My Ears

The Fantasy has cones at the station and since I am not a huge fan of the cone part I used the drink cups....until I noticed people with smaller ice cream cups and spoons....

They are not out for the general public but all you have to do is ask for a cup and spoon and the CM working will give them to you.

We did not notice any toppings...but we were just excited about 24 hour ice cream!!! And Strawberry Banana to boot!!!
xcitedtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #12
abbyar
Mouseketeer

I think I may have to pack sprinkles for our upcoming trip....
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: