Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
ryleeranger
Ah man, I am trying to do the same thing as you..

Disneyland Annual Passes on giftcardmall.com for previous prices!

I missed the deadline for annual passes before the price increase but I just found them for the 'before' prices on giftcardmall.com. This is is the company that distributes gift cards to all the grocery stores. I just ordered 3 deluxe passes and they should be here in 5-8 business days!

If you're still in need of AP passes for the before price, go here! https://www.giftcardmall.com/SearchR...d&SearchType=0
ryleeranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeranger View Post
I missed the deadline for annual passes before the price increase but I just found them for the 'before' prices on giftcardmall.com. This is is the company that distributes gift cards to all the grocery stores. I just ordered 3 deluxe passes and they should be here in 5-8 business days!

If you're still in need of AP passes for the before price, go here! https://www.giftcardmall.com/SearchR...d&SearchType=0
Brilliant. Thanks!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
lordog
"Earning My Ears"? I was born with them!
Hope to meet you all there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeranger View Post

It doesn't say anything about the date you need to use them by? Do you know the answer to this?
lordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
alleycatmom
Earning My Ears

If you click on the price for the card you want, it says the expiration date is Dec. 31, 2012 (at least, it did for the two-day hopper).
alleycatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

I just ordered 5...I'm holding my breath until they get here. Hoping they are the actual voucher for the AP and not just a "gift card" in the amount of $379, which is what the lady on the phone said she thought they were. I don't think she really knew what she was talking about though, because the picture of the card says annual pass on it, I just hope that is what actually comes in the mail.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
I just ordered 5...I'm holding my breath until they get here. Hoping they are the actual voucher for the AP and not just a "gift card" in the amount of $379, which is what the lady on the phone said she thought they were. I don't think she really knew what she was talking about though, because the picture of the card says annual pass on it, I just hope that is what actually comes in the mail.
Here's a copy/paste of my reply to you on the other thread about the price increase in regard to your question asking if people think you will have to pay the difference at the gate:

"It's just a guess, but I would think the answer to your question is, "Yes." I view it as the gift card has a dollar value to it. That dollar amount is no longer going to pay for the annual pass it was originally designed to purchase.

This is just a guess. I have no first-hand experience or info at all. I would call Disneyland directly and ask.

- Dreams"

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
Here's a copy/paste of my reply to you on the other thread about the price increase in regard to your question asking if people think you will have to pay the difference at the gate:

"It's just a guess, but I would think the answer to your question is, "Yes." I view it as the gift card has a dollar value to it. That dollar amount is no longer going to pay for the annual pass it was originally designed to purchase.

This is just a guess. I have no first-hand experience or info at all. I would call Disneyland directly and ask.

- Dreams"
I just saw that...thank you. I guess the next three to five days will kill me waiting to see. The one thing that gives me hope is the website does say the cards must me redeemed by 12/31/12, which is true for the AP's and not usually gift cards and that they can only be redeemed at DLR, which makes sense if it is an AP/park hopper and not just a gift card.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
I just saw that...thank you. I guess the next three to five days will kill me waiting to see. The one thing that gives me hope is the website does say the cards must me redeemed by 12/31/12, which is true for the AP's and not usually gift cards and that they can only be redeemed at DLR, which makes sense if it is an AP/park hopper and not just a gift card.
honestly, and this is just my opinion, if there is a redeem by date, then i would imagine that you wouldnt have to pay any difference...to me its saying you have until 12/31 to use this card as is....etc. etc...good luck
Old 05-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
NVDisMom
I love to read aloud
First rule: NEVER take DH and kids grocery shopping

Simple gift cards cannot have an expiration date per CA law. I would think these are for actual APs.

Plus, the description and terms and conditions very clearly state the rules regarding the use of the AP.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #10
4boys4us
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVDisMom View Post
Simple gift cards cannot have an expiration date per CA law. I would think these are for actual APs.

Plus, the description and terms and conditions very clearly state the rules regarding the use of the AP.

I talked to Gift Card Mall today - they said they are redeemable for an AP - but they won't let me buy any! I have a US credit card, but am located in Canada with a CDN billing address. GRRRRR!
4boys4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #11
okcomputerlove
Earning My Ears

wow great find! I've been seriously considering buying a pass for months and just found out about the price increase literally the day after they went up.

If this ends up being a legitimate way to get the old price, I'd imagine I'd need to buy it quickly before they correct it.

Question: If this ends up working, how would one go about adding parking to it?
okcomputerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
ryleeranger
Ah man, I am trying to do the same thing as you..

I read on other blogs that Disneyland will honor any AP gift cards for the previous price that were purchased in grocery stores as long as it's redeemed by the expiration date, and this is the company that distributes to grocery stores.. at least Safeway for sure.

My 3 shipped today and should be here next week!
ryleeranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #13
SeattleRedBear
Mouseketeer
An old floorboard creeks, but the frog was in the crick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcomputerlove View Post
wow great find! I've been seriously considering buying a pass for months and just found out about the price increase literally the day after they went up.

If this ends up being a legitimate way to get the old price, I'd imagine I'd need to buy it quickly before they correct it.

Question: If this ends up working, how would one go about adding parking to it?
I talked with someone at Disneyland passport services yesterday. He didn't know specifically about what was offered through giftcardmall, but he mentioned that if it had an expiration date, it was definitely ticket media (not just a charged up gift card) and that if the ticket was not yet expired, it would be honored at the gate (just like the ones purchased at Safeway).

Yippee! Had to wait until I got paid today so was worried they would have run out, but they're still selling Premium APs as of this morning.

It doesn't appear that you can purchase the parking add-on from giftcardmall. Personally, I would call DL annual passholder services (714) 781-PASS and see if you can add that on when you activate the pass.
Disneyland Paris: 1999, 2001

Dreaming for Tokyo and Hong Kong....
SeattleRedBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

I just tried to order today and got an error message
Old 05-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #15
xangav
Mouseketeer

Love the Dis! Didnt know the prices were going up and we're headed there in July. I just bought the three day park hoppers. Thanks for the info!

1996 Big Red Boat
2002-Magic Eastern Carib
2004-Magic Western Carib,
2005-Magic Westbound PC Repo
2007-Magic11 day Med

2008-RCI Rhapsody Alaska
2009-RCI Freedom of the Seas

2010-Norwegian Epic Inaugural Transatlantic, Southhampton-New York
2011-DCL Dream 4 day
xangav is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: