Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #76
Crecia27
Earning My Ears

I wish I'd read this prior to paying our cruise in full!! I do like that I can just e-mail my TA and he will make payments towards the cruise for me but for $200+ I can pick up the phone. I'm also curious where yall are buying gift cards at a discount, that is an excellent idea!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #77
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crecia27 View Post
I wish I'd read this prior to paying our cruise in full!! I do like that I can just e-mail my TA and he will make payments towards the cruise for me but for $200+ I can pick up the phone. I'm also curious where yall are buying gift cards at a discount, that is an excellent idea!
If you have a Target redcard (either credit or debit), you get 5% off all Target merchandise. This applies to gift cards also (not Target gift cards though). So anytime you buy a Disney gift card with your Target Red card, you get a 5% discount. In addition, after you fill 5 prescriptions at Target (using the Red Card and their pharmacy rewards program), you get a one day 5% off certificate. You can use that certificate on top of your usual 5% off. It works out to 9.75% off the Disney gift cards. The downside is that the gift cards only come in $50 denominations - pain in the neck to purchase that many and apply them. Also, keep the cards after you apply them. If any refund is issued, it will go back on the gift card.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #78
wvuflu
Earning My Ears

Smile Costco deals and their insurance

How awesome is that? Thanks for the information! We've just booked our first DCL to the Med in June 2013, and that can definitely save us some money! And we're in Richmond too. :-)

As for Costco, they are top-notch! I have had a few travel agents that weren't so knowledgeable and some that took an hour with us to tell us everything, but either way, if they didn't know, they called and found out the answers. They found us a cheaper cruise on Holland America that kids sailed free instead of the Carnival we were researching. Our family did that last year at Christmas and got us a better deal than any other site could offer, and got a better rate for my parents who are middle level members with Holland America. They got a separate Costco GC, kept their OBC with Holland America and could pay with their own CC, the only thing I had to do was book it and make the deposit. My SIL even joined Costco to get theirs at a cheaper rate. Their insurance was super cheap compared to most others and it does cover pre-existing and you can add more insurance for emergency life-flights, etc.
wvuflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #79
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuflu View Post
How awesome is that? Thanks for the information! We've just booked our first DCL to the Med in June 2013, and that can definitely save us some money! And we're in Richmond too. :-)
Where in Richmond? We moved to Goochland back in 2005. I'm thrilled with the Costco deal, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how cheap the insurance is.

We did the Med in 2007. Loved it but we're sticking closer to home now that college is looming in the not so distant future.

Jodie
Old 09-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #80
wvuflu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Where in Richmond? We moved to Goochland back in 2005. I'm thrilled with the Costco deal, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how cheap the insurance is.

We did the Med in 2007. Loved it but we're sticking closer to home now that college is looming in the not so distant future.

Jodie
Hi Jodie! We're just down Rt 288 in Chesterfield, small world!! This is our first Disney Cruise, so we thought we'd take the kids (DD 9, DS 7) on a trip of a lifetime while we celebrate my 40th bday and DH's 40th bday. Luckily college is still a few years off for us, otherwise we'd be in the same situation.

No one even came close to matching Costco's prices and we've already saved $800 by rebooking when I saw a lower fare, and they waived the $25 change fee as well. I'll keep watching and hoping it drops more too.
wvuflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #81
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuflu View Post
Hi Jodie! We're just down Rt 288 in Chesterfield, small world!! This is our first Disney Cruise, so we thought we'd take the kids (DD 9, DS 7) on a trip of a lifetime while we celebrate my 40th bday and DH's 40th bday. Luckily college is still a few years off for us, otherwise we'd be in the same situation.

No one even came close to matching Costco's prices and we've already saved $800 by rebooking when I saw a lower fare, and they waived the $25 change fee as well. I'll keep watching and hoping it drops more too.
Fun way to celebrate your 40th! Enjoy!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #82
BAT
Mouseketeer

How soon after your cruise do you get the card? I am low on many staples we buy from Costco and I would wait to buy if I know the card will come soon after we get back.

Thanks!
BAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #83
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

"How soon after your cruise do you get the card?"

Ours arrived about 1-1/2 weeks after our cruise.
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #84
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this has already been posted but its early and I'm sick and haven't read through all posts.

We are looking at booking through Costco. DU offered a $200 OBC but Costco is offering a $310 Costco card. Since we go there every other week, that's a better incentive for our family. If Disney comes out with a better fare or promotion can the booking through Costco be adjusted? Is it a pain to do so? Not that I foresee our rate going down, but just curious. Thanks!

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

mykidsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #85
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
I apologize if this has already been posted but its early and I'm sick and haven't read through all posts.

We are looking at booking through Costco. DU offered a $200 OBC but Costco is offering a $310 Costco card. Since we go there every other week, that's a better incentive for our family. If Disney comes out with a better fare or promotion can the booking through Costco be adjusted? Is it a pain to do so? Not that I foresee our rate going down, but just curious. Thanks!
I believe you can have them adjust, but there is a change fee. I would call them to confirm the amount.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #86
atmail35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT View Post
How soon after your cruise do you get the card? I am low on many staples we buy from Costco and I would wait to buy if I know the card will come soon after we get back.

Thanks!
Ours arrived in the mail within a week of our disembarkation date, I was very surprised it came so soon. We got off the Wonder on a Sunday and had it by the following Saturday.
atmail35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #87
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuflu

So, if I book today with Costco and a better fare comes out I can get it adjusted with a $25 fee? I think that may have answered my last question about who to book through. Thanks!

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

mykidsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #88
neg58
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if costco can book the special rates for military or Florida residents and do you still get the gift card?

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #89
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Can you book the *GT rate through Costco?
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #90
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
Does anyone know if costco can book the special rates for military or Florida residents and do you still get the gift card?

Nancy
My parents booked a military rate for one of the Pixar cruises through Costco. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: