Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #136
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
I did not ask about the cancellation fee. Before I joined Costco, I called the travel company. They were great about answering my questions. If I were you, I would call and ask about the cancel fee. Also, others have mentioned them charging a "change fee" - if you want to make changes to your res. I would clarify that as well.

Yes - if you have a dummy, I would wait until you have your final cruise set. What I did was to pay down my cruise with gift cards through DCL (Costco doesn't take gift cards). I left a balance of $50 (or something close). Then I transferred to Costco about a week or two before final payment date. Make sure you leave enough of a balance so that if Disney credits you for fuel charges, it doesn't take you to a zero balance. If you have a zero balance, you won't be able to transfer the res. Good luck!

Jodie

Perfect. Thanks so much for the explanation. I definitely want to use gift cards and don't want to pay a change fee so this makes the most sense to me.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #137
bigtony777
Disney Veteran

Warning for those planning to transfer to Costco: I'm not sure if this is a new policy or not, but Disney first refused to transfer my reservations stating that they were paid in full even though I had about $50 left to pay on both. They stated that if the cruise fare is paid in full, then you can't transfer to a travel agent and that it is stated in fine print. So you would have to subtract off the port and tax fees to see how much you need to keep for the balance.

I did get my reservations transferred, but had to push with the fact that I called in and had a recorded phone call stating I could transfer with any balance left on a reservation. I highly recommend a call recording app on your cell phone. I use it each time I call for a customer service issue for cases just like this.

Upcoming: 11/14 - BWV (W&D 1/2), 12/14 - AKV, 11/15 - Magic Bahamas Cruise

2014: July - BWV, Mar - BLT, Jan - VGC
2013: Dec - AS Sports/BWV , Nov - BWV(W&D 1/2), June - BWV/BCV, ), Mar - BLT/Fantasy Western Caribbean, Jan - BWV (Goofy)
2012: Nov - BWV (W&D 1/2), Aug - Offsite (Disneyland 1/2), June - BCV/WLV, Mar - AKV
2011: Dec - Pop/AS Movies, Nov - Pop, Oct - Dream Bahamas Cruise, BCV (W&D 1/2), July - Pop, June - Offsite, April - Pop
2010: Oct – Wilderness Lodge, AS Music (W&D 1/2), July – Caribbean Beach, April - Pop
2009: Dec – Offsite, Nov - Caribbean Beach, Oct - Coronado Springs, April - Pop
2007: July - Offsite
bigtony777 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #138
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtony777 View Post
Warning for those planning to transfer to Costco: I'm not sure if this is a new policy or not, but Disney first refused to transfer my reservations stating that they were paid in full even though I had about $50 left to pay on both. They stated that if the cruise fare is paid in full, then you can't transfer to a travel agent and that it is stated in fine print. So you would have to subtract off the port and tax fees to see how much you need to keep for the balance.

I did get my reservations transferred, but had to push with the fact that I called in and had a recorded phone call stating I could transfer with any balance left on a reservation. I highly recommend a call recording app on your cell phone. I use it each time I call for a customer service issue for cases just like this.
Interesting - thanks for the heads up. I had very little left on my res when I transferred - only $50 or so. This was at the beginning of October, and I had no problems. When did this happen to you?
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #139
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hope you get consent of the other party before you record the call. That is required in many states, including California and Florida. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #140
bigtony777
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Interesting - thanks for the heads up. I had very little left on my res when I transferred - only $50 or so. This was at the beginning of October, and I had no problems. When did this happen to you?
This just happened yesterday. As in many cases, it may vary by the individual that you speak with.

2013: Dec - AS Sports/BWV , Nov - BWV(W&D 1/2), June - BWV/BCV, ), Mar - BLT/Fantasy Western Caribbean, Jan - BWV (Goofy)
2012: Nov - BWV (W&D 1/2), Aug - Offsite (Disneyland 1/2), June - BCV/WLV, Mar - AKV
2011: Dec - Pop/AS Movies, Nov - Pop, Oct - Dream Bahamas Cruise, BCV (W&D 1/2), July - Pop, June - Offsite, April - Pop
2010: Oct – Wilderness Lodge, AS Music (W&D 1/2), July – Caribbean Beach, April - Pop
Old 12-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #141
bigtony777
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
I hope you get consent of the other party before you record the call. That is required in many states, including California and Florida. -- Suzanne
My state law as well as federal law permits recording of a phone call if one party consents to the recording. When calling a customer service phone number, 99.9% of the time they state that the call may be recorded for training purposes. So when you call in and speak to someone, you are consenting that the call can be recorded.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #142
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up.

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 12-18-2012 at 10:39 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #143
WIFosterMama
Earning My Ears

Going to remember this for our cruise we booked direct PIF, w/DCL a month ago to take in one week. Now to research a dummy cruise to book onboard and make FE gifts, all the while packing for 4 people, work, school for kiddo...
WIFosterMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #144
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

Costco bookings online?

Does anyone know if Costco makes their DCL bookings online - thus being eligible for the $25 onboard credit for online booking provided by Disney?
Thanks
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #145
gunka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDream2B View Post
Does anyone know if Costco makes their DCL bookings online - thus being eligible for the $25 onboard credit for online booking provided by Disney?
Thanks
No they do not, but the other perks from Costco outweigh the lose of the $25.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #146
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Thanks, gunka.
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #147
MichellelovesMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDream2B View Post
Thanks
DCL doesn't offer the $25 credit anymore.....

ASM-11/2001, WDW-12/2006, ASM-9/2007, POP -9/2008, WL-12/2010, POFQ/WL/BC-12/2011, POFQ-5/2012, BC/Poly/POR 6/2013, CR 1/2014, CR 11/2014, WL 12/2014......more to come

Disney Wonder-12/2010, Disney Dream-12/2011, Disney Dream-6/2013, Disney Magic-1/2014, Disney Dream 11/2014, Disney Fantasy-12/2014.......more to come
MichellelovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #148
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunka View Post
No they do not, but the other perks from Costco outweigh the lose of the $25.
Agreed! We have booked three cruises with Costco and never received the $25 credit, however the cash card far exceeded this.

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #149
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

We completed our cruise on this past Saturday.
Imagine my surprise when going to the mailbox today with almost $1750.00 worth of Costco cash cards!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: