Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

QuickRewards vs Swagbucks

Which one do you use? What is the benefits to either one? Can you earn faster on one or the other?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

I tried QuickRewards and it took me forever to earn anything. I don't do the whole sign up for something just to cancel. I forget to cancel. And that is how you make money there.

Swagbucks- I earn around $50 a month. I know I can do better but this is what I average. I rune the Swagmobile app every morning for 50 points. I search for everything and click through, like coming here. And I run SwagTV every chance I get. When I am not slacking, I average around 200-250 points a day. You can have more than one account per household so Fiance has an account to. He cashes out for $10 in paypal every month and then makes a couple of $5 Amazon cards. He is not as vigilant as I am about it. He averages around $25 a month but can make $50 if he tries. You have to be 13 to do this. DS is 16. He also has an account. He makes practically nothing though because he doesn't work it.
worm761 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

I started QuickRewards this past February. So far I received $100 in Disney gift cards, and I have $12.20 to-date towards my third $50 Disney gift card.

I do not do the signups the PP mentioned. My money is made mainly from the surveys and sometimes shopping. I am in Canada so I get less surveys then others. I average out to 1 survey a day. Plus I do all the daily clicks, daily e-mails, daily trivia. Whenever I or my DD want to purchase something on iTunes, we first go through QR. Same with Groupon and a few other companies.

My goal is to have $500 in Disney gift cards before our trip next year.

Unfortunately QR only allows one IP address per household... Otherwise my husband would have signed up as well.
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
fronkfam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm761 View Post

Swagbucks- I earn around $50 a month. I know I can do better but this is what I average. I rune the Swagmobile app every morning for 50 points. I search for everything and click through, like coming here. And I run SwagTV every chance I get. When I am not slacking, I average around 200-250 points a day. You can have more than one account per household so Fiance has an account to. He cashes out for $10 in paypal every month and then makes a couple of $5 Amazon cards. He is not as vigilant as I am about it. He averages around $25 a month but can make $50 if he tries. You have to be 13 to do this. DS is 16. He also has an account. He makes practically nothing though because he doesn't work it.
Thank you for mentioning the app! I just added it!!
fronkfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Quote:
I tried QuickRewards and it took me forever to earn anything. I don't do the whole sign up for something just to cancel. I forget to cancel. And that is how you make money there.

Im a little confused by swag bucks! whats the quickest way to earn points?

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS ,DMOM,DB , DSIL,DAunt
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
julluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Crazy1
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I haven't had much luck on QuickRewards either. I hardly ever qualify for any of the surveys (must be too old or something) lol

I rune the Swagmobile app every morning for 50 points.
What is the Swagmobile app and how does it work?
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
Purrrrfecta
A little cat named Lorelei. She is a club kid who goes out!
The Dynamic Super Babe

Quick rewards just seems so complicated to me, but I'm going to give it a chance because I want Disney gift cards.
Purrrrfecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
readyfordis
Earning My Ears

I use both and have earned a lot with both quickrewards and swagbucks. lately it seems I might earn a little more with swagbucks but I think its pretty even on what I earn. I could earn more on quickrewards if I attempted more surveys.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
bpesch
DIS Veteran

I found QuickRewards to be a serious waste of time. I would love to know how someone can get $100 in rewards in 4 months by mostly doing surveys. Most of the survey's and money earning opportunities are pennies. Takes a lot of survey's/offers to earn much at that rate. I finally cashed out my piddly amount and gave up months ago.
bpesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

I LOVE Quick Rewards. I earned a $100 Disney GC in 2 months!!! I just do the surveys. Sometimes I have bad day and only make $2-3 dollars, but others I can earn way more. I also do Swagbucks.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #11
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpesch View Post
I found QuickRewards to be a serious waste of time. I would love to know how someone can get $100 in rewards in 4 months by mostly doing surveys. Most of the survey's and money earning opportunities are pennies. Takes a lot of survey's/offers to earn much at that rate. I finally cashed out my piddly amount and gave up months ago.
I keep a spreadsheet to track each "reward" program I'm with. I wanted to track the earnings on a monthly basis myself. Plus I found a few surveys did not credit so I keep a running record until they do. Here's what I earned:

$ 5.40 January - stopped because I found it confusing. Decided to try again in Feb
$27.98 February
$24.18 March
$38.35 April - higher because I had made more purchases than usual as well
$16.54 May - I'm way behind my average. Had a week where I was too busy.

From Canada, I find it harder to get surveys with QR. I finally figured out I had to try the survey links (e-mailed to me) about 3 times a day. Sometimes I would not get a survey in the morning (ie, 5:30-7am) but would in the afternoon or evening - a survey would open up.

I also am with E-Rewards and cash out for Air Miles. $80 gets me 200 Air Miles.

I decided to try Swagbucks yesterday, but wow - I find that even more confusing than QR!
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
pershing
DIS Veteran

Is the Swagmobile app available for iphone.

I can't find it.

Sue
01/02/14-01/05/14 Disney Magic 04/13/13 - 04/20/13 Disney Fantasy 04/19/12 - 04/22/12 Disney Dream 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 Disney Dream 05/10/09 - 05/14/09 Disney Wonder 04/14/07 - 04/21/07 Disney Magic 01/15/05 - 01/22/05 Disney Magic 11/13/03 - 11/16/03 Disney Wonder
pershing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #13
bpesch
DIS Veteran

I tried QuickRewards for months and wasted a lot of time on surveys that I never qualified for. It happened day after day and I finally just gave up. I'm glad to hear someone is actually getting to earn money from them, but I still doubt that's the norm.
bpesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #14
worm761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post
What is the Swagmobile app and how does it work?
You just go in the app store and look for Swagbucks. It should come up. It is basically SwagTV on your mobile device. Not sure about iPod/iPhone usage. I have in on the Kindle Fire, Android based.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #15
worm761

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Im a little confused by swag bucks! whats the quickest way to earn points?
Personally, I run the mobile app in the morning. I run Swagbucks TV all day long. It is always running. Every time I see it not running, I start the next video. I stick to Pets & Nature and Homes & Gardens, with some food stuck in there if I manage to do all the videos in the other categories. For instance right now, my Swagbucks TV is running. I keep hitting the next video while I sit here.
Some people do surveys. I hate hate hate surveys. I rarely qualify and when I do, they are super long and boring.
The only other thing I do is search. They do have coupons you can print if you use coupons. One lady says that she prints as many coupons as she can and then leaves them around the store/ on the product in the hopes that someone else will use it and get her the points.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: