Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #106
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am so glad that Megan had a beautiful recital.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for all of you to miss Jim on such important occasions... Please know that we all love you and think of you as family... Which may (or may not) bring you comfort. Jim left behind 2 amazingly strong and beautiful women - I don't know how you do it - but your strength and love for eachother is deeply apparent in everything you do, and I know it must carry you through on the hardest of days. (((Many hugs my friend)))

On a side note, I just wanted to thank you again for the birthday card yesterday... It was so sweet and perfectly Donald - I just loved it and it made my day! I don't know how you keep track of all these birthdays? I am so horrible at that! But thank you dear friend! (((Hugs)))

D~
thank you D~
know we have such support "family" here helps us through the hard days

happy you liked your card...saved it specially for you from a swap group!
I keep track in my DIS address book, just put the bdays next to everyone's name when I find them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I just love her costume.
thanks Chiara, we loved it too...was so pretty when they danced!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #107
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

we had a tough afternoon...Megan was still so sad that recital was over and missing Jim SO much...we had lots of tears and cuddles throughout the afternoon and evening...hate seeing her in such pain, let her sleep with me and she did sleep soundly which is good, I was afraid she would have some bad dreams so I didn't sleep well keeping an eye on her...hoping she is feeling better today...



not going to do too much today, might just work on some swap stuff then hang with my girl when she gets home from school.
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #108
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,673

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we had a tough afternoon...Megan was still so sad that recital was over and missing Jim SO much...we had lots of tears and cuddles throughout the afternoon and evening...hate seeing her in such pain, let her sleep with me and she did sleep soundly which is good, I was afraid she would have some bad dreams so I didn't sleep well keeping an eye on her...hoping she is feeling better today...



not going to do too much today, might just work on some swap stuff then hang with my girl when she gets home from school.
Breaks my heart for you two. I can't even imagine.

Her costume is beautiful, she looks beautiful!
lovethattink is online now  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #109
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran
 
VBAndrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,500



I'm so sad for Megan -- I know she would have loved Jim's physical presence at her performance. Sadly there is likely nothing anyone can say to take away the pain. She is grieving in her own way and has ever right to cry as much as she needs to. Days like this show what a truly wonderful man and father Jim is.
__________________
Andrea

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #110
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we had a tough afternoon...Megan was still so sad that recital was over and missing Jim SO much...we had lots of tears and cuddles throughout the afternoon and evening...hate seeing her in such pain, let her sleep with me and she did sleep soundly which is good, I was afraid she would have some bad dreams so I didn't sleep well keeping an eye on her...hoping she is feeling better today...



not going to do too much today, might just work on some swap stuff then hang with my girl when she gets home from school.
to Megan, and to you. It must be so difficult. I hope she feels better today.
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #111
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Breaks my heart for you two. I can't even imagine.

Her costume is beautiful, she looks beautiful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post


I'm so sad for Megan -- I know she would have loved Jim's physical presence at her performance. Sadly there is likely nothing anyone can say to take away the pain. She is grieving in her own way and has ever right to cry as much as she needs to. Days like this show what a truly wonderful man and father Jim is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
to Megan, and to you. It must be so difficult. I hope she feels better today.
thank you for the Tink, Andrea and Kathy

Megan was still not feeling great this morning and wanted to stay home....I made her go to school since I knew it was best and would give her something else to occupy her mind.
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #112
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,673

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
thank you for the Tink, Andrea and Kathy

Megan was still not feeling great this morning and wanted to stay home....I made her go to school since I knew it was best and would give her something else to occupy her mind.
I hope her school day went great! When is her last day of school?

How do you think she will do this summer on your southern trip visiting all those places in remembrance of Jim?
lovethattink is online now  
Old 06-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #113
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I hope her school day went great! When is her last day of school?

How do you think she will do this summer on your southern trip visiting all those places in remembrance of Jim?
didn't get a phone call so that's good...she gets out at 245!

last day of school is June 27th final countdown has started


I hope she will be okay with them....she's done well going back to other places we've been so far and she has no memories of any of the areas we are going to since she was so young when we lived there.


just made ressies for the hotel Jim and I got married at TheSalishLodge.com for the weekend of our 15th wedding anniversary - October 4th...going the 6th - 7th...want to celebrate it and where better than there with my girl
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #114
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,460

Dearest Lisa, I am so very sorry for the pain Megan is feeling so intensely now. I know every day is a challenge; however, special days when others have their Dad's have got to be very tough...and inconsolable at times. I know added to that is your own pain.

I looked up the lodge, it looks so beautiful! Will you do a spa package? That is the first thing I spied, after the day I have had I need a spa.

I know there isn't anything I can say to make things better. Just know I am praying for you both! And we are here to listen a much as you need us!
blessedmom4 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #115
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Dearest Lisa, I am so very sorry for the pain Megan is feeling so intensely now. I know every day is a challenge; however, special days when others have their Dad's have got to be very tough...and inconsolable at times. I know added to that is your own pain.

I looked up the lodge, it looks so beautiful! Will you do a spa package? That is the first thing I spied, after the day I have had I need a spa.

I know there isn't anything I can say to make things better. Just know I am praying for you both! And we are here to listen a much as you need us!


thank you sweetie
Megan is feeling much better...she actually told me when we got home she was happy I "made" her go to school!
we had a good talk and snuggle too


it is beautiful isn't it! we can't do a spa due to Megan's age, but can do the fancy pedi's and will be having their wonderful brunch on Sunday morning..
and hope the weather will be good so we can go down to the falls....the day we got married it was POURING so didn't get any outside photos
I will take some photos of our wedding and get them posted...

sorry you had a rough day...hope the contractor got the ceiling mess all fixed!

thanks for always being here for us
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #116
babynala
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,626

Glad Megan had a wonderful rectial with lots of family in attendance. I can't imagine how she must feel. It seems Mom knows best and you always seem to give her what she needs to make her feel better.

I check out the Salish Lodge and it is beautiful. I would love to see some of your wedding pictures. That sounds like a great way to celebrate your anniversary. I'm sure you two girls will enjoy your fancy pedicures!

for you
for Megan
for you taking care of Megan
__________________
Me (Liz) DH DD (12) DS (9)


babynala is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #117
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Glad Megan had a wonderful rectial with lots of family in attendance. I can't imagine how she must feel. It seems Mom knows best and you always seem to give her what she needs to make her feel better.

I check out the Salish Lodge and it is beautiful. I would love to see some of your wedding pictures. That sounds like a great way to celebrate your anniversary. I'm sure you two girls will enjoy your fancy pedicures!

for you
for Megan
for you taking care of Megan
thanks Liz I hope I'm doing the right thing by her ...

will take photos of my photos tomorrow....to cloudy right now the light is really bad...the pedi's do sound fancy! Megan's will be an "ice cream" themed so she should it!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #118
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo
 
miprender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: RI (Home of the Big Blue Bug)
Posts: 4,689

[IMG]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/a...b/P1110789.jpg[/IMG]

This picture is priceless.... and YES she does look like an angel


Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know! I had to look it up -- it's Couch to 5K in 9 weeks. Apparently a program that starts you walking with small intervals of running and eventually you are supposed to run a 5K I'm not a fan of running so I didn't investigate it any further. Though yesterday I put on a pair of shorts I wore last year and there was no way I could even zip them up Perhaps I should start running! Seriously, I am going to have to make the time to work out and walk again b/c I can't afford new clothes right now. Or maybe I could sew two pairs of my shorts together to make a skirt Sorry, couldn't resist! I promise I am not making fun of you and your sewing and I both the $15 () per pair shorts that lasted a few hours and the skirt and am thrilled you repurposed them in such a cute way.
Thanks for the info.... I hate running too.

LOL... yes I know I was crazy when I bought that fabric. You should have seen my face when DS took them off and I saw how shredded they were and this was our first day. I was afraid all my clothes were going to be falling off my kids. Luckily it was only those two sets of shorts that did that


Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
emotions hit Megan when we got home....sad recital is over and that her daddy wasn't there...we had a little cry and talked about Jim being there in spirit and in our hearts watching her and clapping as loud as he could
__________________
--- DD10 , DS8 , DS5 , DH, me(Michelle)
FBStore: Mi Creations Trip Years: 1996,1997,2001,2006,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
miprender is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #119
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
[IMG]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/a...b/P1110789.jpg[/IMG]

This picture is priceless.... and YES she does look like an angel





Thanks for the info.... I hate running too.

LOL... yes I know I was crazy when I bought that fabric. You should have seen my face when DS took them off and I saw how shredded they were and this was our first day. I was afraid all my clothes were going to be falling off my kids. Luckily it was only those two sets of shorts that did that






thanks Michelle
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #120
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

some of our wedding photos



my daddy and me walking down the aisle...








first dance....notice Jim's shoes...his signature shoes and had to wear them!


the falls view from our room



since it poured down rain we didn't get photos on our wedding day outside....the next day was beautiful , we did get this one, but couldn't go down the trail to the falls due to all the rain

__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: