Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #61
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
C25K went well. . . let's see how we do again tomorrow. . . and talk about a total motivator - a childhood friend lost 50lbs in the last year by walking and controlling her diet. . . she looks AH-MAZ-ING!
How are you doing it?? Want to do a C25K so bad, but not sure of a good one to start....
Old 05-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #62
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
C25K went well. . . let's see how we do again tomorrow. . . and talk about a total motivator - a childhood friend lost 50lbs in the last year by walking and controlling her diet. . . she looks AH-MAZ-ING!
Good for you Marianne. I did some crunches and weights this morning and am going to walk this afternoon.

I have a new outlook today and seem to be feeling more positive so lets hope I get back into the swing of things.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #63
Darragh
Mouseketeer

Hey Ladies, I don't talk much on the Disboards these days. I actually do more talking on FB. Your disboutiquer meet sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be following along in spirit and I expect to see some customs for the trip! LOL

First trip: 1989- off site, 1991 -offsite, 1994 -offsite, 2003 - DCL and POR, 2006 - Fort Wilderness, 2008 - All Star Movies, 2010 - Pop Century

My Pre-Tr Will Work for Disney Trips Sept/Oct 12.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #64
marvali
DIS Veteran

Lisa, sorry it took so long to find this! Need to keep up with your trip and hope to make it up to Charlotte while you are there and say hello again!

But then, since I didn't get an invite over here, maybe you were trying to tell me something...............

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 05-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #65
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monkeys View Post
How are you doing it?? Want to do a C25K so bad, but not sure of a good one to start....
I'm using Robert Ullrey's podcast for running. I can't seem to find it on iTunes (which is where I got it) but there is the exact same one that someone has put on there (same guy, so maybe he took his down? I don't know ). . . it's "Ullrey's C25K Podcasts"
Ah! Now that i went in and read the description I guess Ullrey's site is down, so this guy put them up on iTunes so others could still use them.
Anyway, it's 9 weeks (he says to do it every other day and you use the same one 3 times before moving on to the next week) so there are 9 different podcasts . . . I put my armband on and turn the volume all the way up so that Phalen & I can both hear the podcast. It comes with music -I guess it'd be called "club music" ??? but anyway, it's pretty good to run/walk to. The boys call it "Walk now, Run now" instead of C25K, but they're right, it does tell you to "walk now, run now"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Good for you Marianne. I did some crunches and weights this morning and am going to walk this afternoon.

I have a new outlook today and seem to be feeling more positive so lets hope I get back into the swing of things.
I pinned something on Pinterest last night that i want to take a better look at today . . . it looked like a leg workout I could totally handle

We haven't done C25K yet today - My mom went into work early this morning so she could be done early this afternoon - which means there was no one to leave Finn home with while Phalen & I ran - and I'm NOT carrying Finn while running so we'll have to go later. I'm thinking I might do a longer walk on the days we don't run . . . because every other day is almost harder for me, because I need to make working out a HABIT . . .

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #66
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Judy, happy we got to talk too....hope the issue got worked out with no problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darragh View Post
Hey Ladies, I don't talk much on the Disboards these days. I actually do more talking on FB. Your disboutiquer meet sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be following along in spirit and I expect to see some customs for the trip! LOL
welcome to the group! the meet is going to be fun and crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Lisa, sorry it took so long to find this! Need to keep up with your trip and hope to make it up to Charlotte while you are there and say hello again!

But then, since I didn't get an invite over here, maybe you were trying to tell me something...............
I'm sorry Marv, though I sent a PM to you about it...of course you are welcome and we hope it will work out for you and the family to come up to see us and Judy!

I got all the suspenders done over the weekend happy that's over! bringing all my extra props to school today so hope I'm done until the day of!

here are some photos of us from the early years of GA, SC and NC and one from a course Jim did in PA

sorry they won't rotate for me for some reason

megan and I in front of Stone Mtn GA

Jim and Megan at the Charleston aquarium

and at course in Charleston, can't remember the name right now....her first dozer ride

Shawnee on the Delaware PA....Great Bear CC

The paddle wheel on Lake Norman NC....do you think Megan "likes" herself

In Ashville NC

A visit from Jack Nicklaus who designed Longview CC --- that's my DB and his family with us

at Carowinds - Charlotte NC

at Charlotte Knights game - we loved going to them, Megan LOVED Homer

at the Renaissane Festival in Charlotte area..we rented the little costume for Megan, had so much fun being a "Pincess"

Megan helping daddy at work....

and Jim being a happy boy....his ride along I got him for his bday!

Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #68
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

Love all these old pictures Lisa. Megan was (and still is) a cutie!
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
Old 05-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #69
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Super cute!! Megan looks the same!!

I didnt have much time to catch up but I think someone asked for our pics, I will have to look and see what I have

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
Old 05-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #70
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Such a sweet trip down memory lane!

thanks, I love looking back at them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmomma View Post
Love all these old pictures Lisa. Megan was (and still is) a cutie!
thanks Brandi are you still planning on a trip up north in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post

I didnt have much time to catch up but I think someone asked for our pics, I will have to look and see what I have
Hi Rachal, thanks! that was Judy asking for photos, post away if you'd like!

Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #71
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

I love all the photos! I've seen pics of Jim before, but it just hit me now how Megan's smile is a replica of his! Megan was such a little cutie (now she's a grown up cutie -- even though she's not technically old enough to be grown up I think she looks much older than she is).

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 05-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #72
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
I love all the photos! I've seen pics of Jim before, but it just hit me now how Megan's smile is a replica of his! Megan was such a little cutie (now she's a grown up cutie -- even though she's not technically old enough to be grown up I think she looks much older than she is).
thanks Andrea, she is looking more and more like Jim as she gets older I miss her little curls

I will bring the DVD we put together of Jim's life when we come down south so you all can see it..

Old 05-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #73
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Brevity is key (I know, not my strong suit), but we have an 8 AM doctors appt and I have to get a little sleep. Those pics of Jim and all of you HAVE to be commented on before I can rest though. I LOVE them ALL LIsa and can't wait to see the DVD of Jim and family so we can all know him a little better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post

YEA CHIARA!!! Hope that helped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post

OKay Marv, I DID tell you for all to see on your TR!!! Maybe YOUR trying to tell ME something, since I live here ALL the time and you haven't been up...just saying....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Judy, happy we got to talk too....hope the issue got worked out with no problems

Let me Okay, NOW I am better!

I'm sorry Marv, though I sent a PM to you about it...of course you are welcome and we hope it will work out for you and the family to come up to see us and Judy!

He NEVER comes to see us...

I got all the suspenders done over the weekend happy that's over! bringing all my extra props to school today so hope I'm done until the day of!
YEA!!!!

Jim and Megan at the Charleston aquarium

and at course in Charleston, can't remember the name right now....her first dozer ride

at Charlotte Knights game - we loved going to them, Megan LOVED Homer

Megan helping daddy at work....

LOVE all of the pics and some of my haunts. For a birthday one year, Pete surprised me and took me on the dinner Cruise along Lake Norman...even got my sister to baby-sit David and Christian...that was a LOOONG time ago and the first and only time he ever thought to do something like that...Those pics bring back wonderful memories I know!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post

Yes, That was me, the picture lover...the MAIN reason for the trip !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I miss her little curls
I know what you mean....
I will bring the DVD we put together of Jim's life when we come down south so you all can see it..
Look forward to it!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:00 AM   #74
marvali
DIS Veteran

Lisa, love the trip down memory lane! What great pictures and memories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
OKay Marv, I DID tell you for all to see on your TR!!! Maybe YOUR trying to tell ME something, since I live here ALL the time and you haven't been up...just saying....
Yes you did Judy! And thanks for the heads up! Been really busy with work and life, and I know from your TR that you have been too! Things are starting to slow down some, so maybe I will be able to make it that way soon and say hello! You know I love you guys!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #75
babynala
DIS Veteran

Ok, I finally made it over to your PTR. I am happy you added us to your itinerary for when you are in GA. I am hopelessly behind on the DIS and your PTR is a nice way to catch up with everyone and remind me I have alot of reading to do.

The pictures from your scrapbook are so sweet. I love Megan on her dad's lap in the bull dozer. I think it is so wonderful that you and Megan are going to be spending some time in the places where you lived.

I am wondering if I can figure out a way to get to Charlotte for the meet. In my mind it is far away but after looking at your ticker I know it will be here soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: