Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #31
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Andrea, looks like D~ is already

happy everyone is posting some photos!

so since this is a PTR guess I should post some of our trip details!

I'd been looking around for a couple months to get a god price on airfare, a hard thing to find these days .....

I looked at overnight flights, and wa - la I saved almost $300.00 on our flight to Atlanta

we did this on our flight home from Hawaii in April and slept most of the trip, so we are taking the red eye again!

8/2 - 8/8
our flight leaves Seattle at 945 pm on 8/2 and will arrive in Atlanta at 6:30am on 8/3...get our rental car ( another huge amount of $$ ) and head up north to Shawna's (mickeyteacher) we don't have an big plans made other than a get together Saturday with another scrap DISer Anne (DisneyBarlans) and her family at Shawna's...we will be at Shawna's until the morning of 8/8 and hope to be able to meet up with Liz (babynala) and her family and Nini (NiniMorris) at some point too!

8/8 - 8/12
will say our good-byes and head into the city for a few days of exploring downtown Atlanta...bonus getting a free hotel thanks to my points! will be staying at the Marriott Courtyard Downtown!
I already ordered the City Pass and we plan to go to the aquarium, world of coca-cola, zoo and CNN Studio Tour...there are 3 different museums we can pick from too and maybe go out to Stone Mountain if we have time....Megan was about 3 months old the last time we were in Atlanta.
We also plan on getting together with a couple of our friends from the "old" days....one from when we lived in PA and another from our days in CA, Megan and one of their girls took dance together when we lived in Thousand Oaks CA!!!

will post the rest of our plans tomorrow, need to get dinner going and I have our first Condo Assoc meeting tonight, should be interesting

have a great night all!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #32
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

I will be there is spirit with everyone.

And I have already met Marianne IRL so hopefully we can get together when you come up to RI. Maybe we can get the boys together for a play date.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #33
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Okay Ladies, we DO need pictures please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2princesses View Post
Exciting! Can't wait till the tour hits Charlotte! I'll be there too! I love meeting fellow disers IRL!
I know your lovely work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Woo hoo! I live in Atlanta and will be in Charlotte to meet you!
I know your lovely work. You made my fantasy shirt come true for DH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
OMGosh I am on the first page WOO HOO
[/SIZE][/B]I seriously need to figure out if I can get to Charlotte. I think that will be the project for the week.
I know your lovely work too! I hope you are able to come to Charlotte, but it is SO close to your Disney trip! You can always just come to Charlotte to see Marianne and I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairemolly View Post
So excited to head to Charlotte to meet so many DISers! My DD Claire even asked me the other day if we were still going...she's excited too!
I know your lovely work as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Judy (and Lisa) are trying to get me to do my own PTR but that's not going to happen.... but Lisa did say I could join in on hers
I know your lovely work. I shouldn't speak to you since you won't do your own PTR...but I love you too much not to talk, so...

I am Andrea and got to know Lisa through the Big Give site and got to know Judy by participating in Lisa's Big Give. My dd is Alexa and is 8 years old. We are going to be staying at Judy's for a couple of nights with Lisa and Megan. Alexa calls Lisa her "penpal" and she can't wait to have a sleepover. She was asking for a playdate, but I thought a six hour drive deserved a little more than that!
WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I am hoping to drag Amy and Allison down with us!!! Amy lives in the same town as me and her dd was a former Wish Child as well. Since Amy lives inthe same city we got to meet and have become friends.
AMY....MUST....COME!!!!!
ETA: My dd does not normally dress like Dorothy -- this was a pic taken before her school play this month.
(Don't believe her, I have also seen Alexa dressed like one of the Beatles, Andrea just likes costumes...).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am totally here!!!! I'll be back later to read more!

D~
I know your lovely work too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
I'm Marianne. I met Lisa over on the Big Give board and through the fabulous Disboutiquers. I met Judy during her Lisa's Big Give - yes, really met her in person! at my house even! - although even though we both live in Charlotte, it has proven VERY difficult to get together like we want.
MARIANNE, you are messing me up writing in blue. I know your lovely work also. In fact, if Marianne hadn't made Lisa a Belle cape, poor Lisa would have frozen this winter when she broke her arm and couldn't wear a coat!
I'm spending the summer in Rhode Island with my two boys while DH stays here and works like crazy (he's a Golf Professional at The Peninsula Club on Lake Norman) . . . but I'm coming back in time for the DISMEET here in Charlotte and I cannot wait!

Here's a couple of pictures - I seeing everyone posting pics of themselves! I love putting faces to names!
ME TOO!!!!!
From our last trip to WDW - DH, Me, Phalen (7) and Finn (almost 4!)

and a Mom & her boys shot (since DH works all the time and it's highly unlikely anyone but D~ will meet him)

I have already met him AND her cutie patootie boys...who Lisa just loved to pieces! LOVE the boys shirts!

Lisa - I know DH has connections at Longview, so let me know if you want me to see if he can work something out for a visit

Had to come back and edit - I was bummed I didn't make the first page, but now I'm not, because my post happens to be my lucky number! #21!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monkeys View Post
HI!! Just stopping by to say Hi. I am Amy and my daughter Allison and I plan to come to Charlotte with Andrea and Alexa. Allison is 13 and went on a Wish Trip in December of 2010. I first started DISing to plan for her trip. Took a break and when I came back Judy was there with open arms! I met Lisa through Judy's TR for Lisa's Wish trip. I met Andrea from Disboutiques thread and have been blessed by meeting her and her wonderful kids in person.
I love my Amy...and I am so wishing I was in VB to hang out with Andrea and Amy, they have too much fun and I KNOW they would teach me to sew...in all of my free time...
Can't wait to meet everyone in August... and anyone in Disney when we are there in June!!! I must go to bed now, but will be back to update with a picture!!

GREAT PICTURE!!!
PS LOVING all the pictures you guys have posted!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Isa...
I just love that picture of you and Megan - it is one of my favorite. And I love the pics of All of you (Judy & clan too)!

Why Thank you !

Whoot - I get to meet the elusive DH myself! He's such a lucky guy.
He sure is, he has Marianne, has met me and you are next!
Marianne - you and your boys are so cute!!!

And Yay!!! I get to post pictures of ME in Isa's PTR....

For those of you that don't know me - I am D~... And I get blamed for any and all mischief around here (really it's Isa, Judy and Andrea that cause it all)... I will be flying from MN to Charlotte this summer, and I am super excited to be meeting most of my Diser buddies... This is just going to be an awesome trip, and I am so excited about it.
I AM TOTALLY INNOCENT!!!!! Of course, maybe not, because this trip with Isa coming to the Charlotte leg WAS all about seeing me to begin with!!! (Okay, forget the story of coming to see where they used to live, it was ALL BOUT ME)!
WHile I am there, Marianne (and Judy) offerred to let me stay with them, but since Judy already has Isa & Megan staying there, I will be staying at Marianne's. Marianne and I have already met IRL last summer - she was lucky enough to get a layover at MSP - so my bff and I drove up to meet her... We had so much fun and we've become fast friends. I've even met her adorable boys... I am super excited to see them again too.
Once again, the tent in the backyard can be pitched if need be... I am just saying....
I have a DH and 2 girls (Allison & Victoria) who will be staying home... This will be my first trip ever with out any of my family - and my first time flying alone... but after a few flights to WDW & back and trip to Europe last summer (exactly a year ago - can you believe how fast time flies?) - I think I can handle a solo flight.

Anyways - here's me with my girls on our recent trip to WDW...

GORGEOUS!!
I am super excited to be part of this amazing group of ladies - who have hearts of gold, and their spirit adds so much fun to my daily live - I am super excited to meet each and every one of them!!!

D~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Notice I am behaving....

I'd been looking around for a couple months to get a god price on airfare, a hard thing to find these days .....

I looked at overnight flights, and wa - la I saved almost $300.00 on our flight to Atlanta

we did this on our flight home from Hawaii in April and slept most of the trip, so we are taking the red eye again!

8/2 - 8/8
our flight leaves Seattle at 945 pm on 8/2 and will arrive in Atlanta at 6:30am on 8/3...get our rental car ( another huge amount of $$ ) and head up north to Shawna's (mickeyteacher) we don't have an big plans made other than a get together Saturday with another scrap DISer Anne (DisneyBarlans) and her family at Shawna's...we will be at Shawna's until the morning of 8/8 and hope to be able to meet up with Liz (babynala) and her family and Nini (NiniMorris) at some point too!

8/8 - 8/12
will say our good-byes and head into the city for a few days of exploring downtown Atlanta...bonus getting a free hotel thanks to my points! will be staying at the Marriott Courtyard Downtown!
I already ordered the City Pass and we plan to go to the aquarium, world of coca-cola, zoo and CNN Studio Tour...there are 3 different museums we can pick from too and maybe go out to Stone Mountain if we have time....Megan was about 3 months old the last time we were in Atlanta.
We also plan on getting together with a couple of our friends from the "old" days....one from when we lived in PA and another from our days in CA, Megan and one of their girls took dance together when we lived in Thousand Oaks CA!!!

will post the rest of our plans tomorrow, need to get dinner going and I have our first Condo Assoc meeting tonight, should be interesting

have a great night all!
OH I wish we could come to Atlanta! Our GKTW passporter gives us free tickets to the Aquarium, Six Flags, Stone MOuntain and a few more! YOu are going to have a BLAST!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #34
cogero
DIS Veteran

I know your lovely work too! I hope you are able to come to Charlotte, but it is SO close to your Disney trip! You can always just come to Charlotte to see Marianne and I.

I actually might have to do that but I still need to talk to DH about it. If I try and schedule it around one of the race weekends he will come with me. Yes we are Nascar fans..

I am working on a plan to fly in Thursday or Friday and leave Sunday afternoon. I need to figure it out because it is a commuter flight on US Air.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #35
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Okay Ladies, we DO need pictures please....

I know your lovely work.

(Don't believe her, I have also seen Alexa dressed like one of the Beatles, Andrea just likes costumes...).

OH I wish we could come to Atlanta! Our GKTW passporter gives us free tickets to the Aquarium, Six Flags, Stone MOuntain and a few more! YOu are going to have a BLAST!!!
Our BIGGEST reason to come to Charlotte is to spend time with you all Judy....the rest is just frosting on top
maybe someday you'll get to Atlanta to use those tickets...wish you were going to be there with us too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post

I actually might have to do that but I still need to talk to DH about it. If I try and schedule it around one of the race weekends he will come with me. Yes we are Nascar fans..

I am working on a plan to fly in Thursday or Friday and leave Sunday afternoon. I need to figure it out because it is a commuter flight on US Air.
hope you make is down Chiara....Judy lives pretty close to the race track!

the year we lived there I got Jim a ride a long for his birthday at the Richard Petty driving school....he was a happy boy!!! I'll look through my albums for some photos...all before digital, so will take me a bit of time...so you all can see a bit of our lives living in the south!

we had our first condo assoc meeting and I kept my mouth shut and AM NOT ON THE BOARD not a job I want....told our new president I would be happy to bring cookies though now we just have to get all our concerns/issues figured out for the next meeting! all in all a great meeting, got tons of our questions answered....a little back story, the bldg was orginally built in 2009...our bldg went into receivership about 6 months after I bought it in June 2010, so not a lot has been done other then general upkeep to the outside...we are now in charge and ready to get things all fixed up!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #36
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:

8/2 - 8/8

8/8 - 8/12

have a great night all!
All D~ has to do is show up and begins!

Quote:

I don't know how to quote the quote within a quote but if you are not speaking to me it will give me all the more opportunity to blab on and on when I visit

And John Lennon was for Halloween!!! Though she did ask if she could wear that to her piano recital After all, dress requirement is "Sunday Best."

Quote:
Our BIGGEST reason to come to Charlotte is to spend time with you all Judy....the rest is just frosting on top
maybe someday you'll get to Atlanta to use those tickets...wish you were going to be there with us too!

the year we lived there I got Jim a ride a long for his birthday at the Richard Petty driving school....he was a happy boy!!! I'll look through my albums for some photos...all before digital, so will take me a bit of time...so you all can see a bit of our lives living in the south!

we had our first condo assoc meeting and I kept my mouth shut and AM NOT ON THE BOARD not a job I want....told our new president I would be happy to bring cookies though now we just have to get all our concerns/issues figured out for the next meeting! all in all a great meeting, got tons of our questions answered....a little back story, the bldg was orginally built in 2009...our bldg went into receivership about 6 months after I bought it in June 2010, so not a lot has been done other then general upkeep to the outside...we are now in charge and ready to get things all fixed up!
Glad the condo meeting went decent. I hate being on boards too b/c it seems like no one else that signs up to help actually does. I thing designated cookie baker is a perfect role for you

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #37
mommy2mrb

We will need to keep an eye on D~ to make sure she doesn't wander off or cause to much

love the kids halloween costumes! too fun!

yup I learned my lesson after 4 years on the PTA board in CA...never doing that again why too much stress and work for me! but I can throw cookies together anytime

as some of you know Megan's choir class is doing the Willy Wonka Musical and we have about 12 parents helping ...tonight is our first make-up committe mtg....finding out how we are going to do the orange face paint and green hairspray for 100 kids....its black light sensitive, so will be very cool ! yes I'm on all three committee's, but this is fun! even though I hurt my thumb making the golden tickets...which is finally getting feeling back in

Old 05-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #38
clairemolly
DIS Veteran

Okay, since Judy called me out... :-)

Here is a picture of me with my family on Easter of this year...as you can see from my siggy, I am married to Joe, my HS sweetheart and a fellow Disney lover, and we have 3 kiddos...Claire, Molly and Gavin (now you can see where I came up with my DIS name back in 2008).

Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #39
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Just lurking on your thread instead of doing what I am supposed to be doing

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #40
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Just lurking on your thread instead of doing what I am supposed to be doing
ok..... get back to work young lady...you need to get that dance schedule figured out so all the stinkin' moms will leave you alone with their requests and you don't have to lurk, you can join in anytime....

I will even introduce you....everyone this is my friend Rachal...one of the few NW DISers around and we met here on the scrapbook threads! she's one talented scrapper and has 3 crazy girls and a little baby boy and we love getting together when we can with them

Jen thats a sweet photo!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #41
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

I read that as crazy friend Rachal at first.

The dance thing is as done as I can do at this point, off to the owner who is checking final changes that we made this morning, then it will hit the masses so they can buy tix. Now I am working on swaps, filling orders, and then when I am done I will put the dances in order. we have 52 in one show and 53 in the other. have to allow for costume changes.

I will come back to lurk later, need to get some snow goofy's cut!

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
Old 05-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #42
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
I read that as crazy friend Rachal at first.

The dance thing is as done as I can do at this point, off to the owner who is checking final changes that we made this morning, then it will hit the masses so they can buy tix. Now I am working on swaps, filling orders, and then when I am done I will put the dances in order. we have 52 in one show and 53 in the other. have to allow for costume changes.

I will come back to lurk later, need to get some snow goofy's cut!
you said it I didn't

good luck getting it all worked out...was talking to the lady at megan's studio who is in charge of the costumes and she is so ready for this week to be over...some of the girls are in 8-10 shows if they are in the performance group...can't wait to see your snow goofy!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #43
mommy2mrb

I will try and get the rest of our plans posted over the weekend and maybe a few photos too ...

have a busy day tomorrow, need to run around looking for somemore prop/costume stuff for Willy Wonka so we can get things finalized on the oompa loompa costumes.......teacher got a few more parents signing up to help I will be so happy when June 19th is here....recital will be done June 2 and WW on the 18th final countdown to end of school is starting right now....22 school days....6 of which are early dismissals

we got all our make-up issues figured out at the meeting and who wants to do what, just have a few more things that need to get finished up, so are in pretty good shape considering we only started getting things together a month ago
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #44
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
See... I KNEW it was me!!! (YUP, all about ME).

It is nuts around here this weekend...tied traffic up all week, even here...SO now you know where to hang out if you don't want to go to the races Chiara!

David would LOVE the RP Experience..they do it at Disney too...

Good for you, cookies is enough to do, you are busy enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
All D~ has to do is show up and begins!

I don't know how to quote the quote within a quote but if you are not speaking to me it will give me all the more opportunity to blab on and on when I visit
I AM speaking to you...just a phone call without me...(Remember...all about ME )...And John Lennon was for Halloween!!! Though she did ask if she could wear that to her piano recital After all, dress requirement is "Sunday Best."

I told you Andrea only lets her children dress in costumes...that SHE makes...

Glad the condo meeting went decent. I hate being on boards too b/c it seems like no one else that signs up to help actually does. I thing designated cookie baker is a perfect role for you
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairemolly View Post
Okay, since Judy called me out... :-)
OOOOOOH I already knew I liked you but like you even more now!! Thanks for the picture!
Here is a picture of me with my family on Easter of this year...as you can see from my siggy, I am married to Joe, my HS sweetheart and a fellow Disney lover, and we have 3 kiddos...Claire, Molly and Gavin (now you can see where I came up with my DIS name back in 2008).

What a BEAUTIFUL Family!!!
Quote:

I will even introduce you....everyone this is my friend Rachal...one of the few NW DISers around and we met here on the scrapbook threads! she's one talented scrapper and has 3 crazy girls and a little baby boy and we love getting together when we can with them

Hi Rachel!! Do we get pics of your fun family??? Pretty please when you have time...
Quote:
I will try and get the rest of our plans posted over the weekend and maybe a few photos too ...
Woo Hoo...
have a busy day tomorrow, need to run around looking for somemore prop/costume stuff for Willy Wonka so we can get things finalized on the oompa loompa costumes.......teacher got a few more parents signing up to help I will be so happy when June 19th is here....recital will be done June 2 and WW on the 18th final countdown to end of school is starting right now....22 school days....6 of which are early dismissals

we got all our make-up issues figured out at the meeting and who wants to do what, just have a few more things that need to get finished up, so are in pretty good shape considering we only started getting things together a month ago
I hope all is going well! Wish we would be able to see photos, but so understand!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know your lovely work.

Judy!!! What?!! No acknowledgment of my lovely work?!

Oh, that's right...I'm the one who can't even sew on a button that stays.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: