Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #16
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
I have to once again comment on this photo because it is gorgeous!

I also would love to see the golf course -- I wonder if we could do an early morning or late evening walk on the paths? Not sure if that's allowed or not, but if Jim built the course I think it should be allowed! And while I would love to see it, if you are happier going alone with Megan I have no objections and will stay out of your way. I have not gone golfing since having children so best for me not to ruin the course with my divots! I don't think I could do any damage walking the paths though -- your call on this one.
thanks Andrea, we really love the photo too!

The golf course is The Club at Longview.com and is private, so not sure if they will let us on or not....I will probably call ahead and ask if they will give us a few minutes to take a couple photos ... I never learned to golf, before we had Megan if I went with Jim, I was his caddy and loved driving the cart!

Old 05-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #17
DisneyTeacher01
Mouseketeer

Although I'm not a frequent poster and surely not up to the standards of the wonderful things everyone makes, I'm trying. The Charlotte Dismeet is close enough that I am going to try to make it! I would love to meet all the people behind all these beautiful things.

Everyone's work has really inspired me to test myself and see what I can make

I'm looking forward to this!

~Jennifer
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #18
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Although I won't be there ... I'd like to follow along too !!

You guys are all so lucky to be meeting up !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 05-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher01 View Post
Although I'm not a frequent poster and surely not up to the standards of the wonderful things everyone makes, I'm trying. The Charlotte Dismeet is close enough that I am going to try to make it! I would love to meet all the people behind all these beautiful things.

Everyone's work has really inspired me to test myself and see what I can make

I'm looking forward to this!

~Jennifer
hope you can make it up! I don't sew, but excited to meet everyone too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Although I won't be there ... I'd like to follow along too !!

You guys are all so lucky to be meeting up !!
sorry you can't come, but you are welcome to join in on the fun here! I love meeting fellow DISer's, my family and friends IRL just don't get my "friendships" here and getting to meet up is a big treat!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #20
DisneyTeacher01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hope you can make it up! I don't sew, but excited to meet everyone too!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post51079465

2014~All Star Sports (I'm finally going back!!!)
2010~One Day only
2005~All Star Movies
2004~All Star Movies
2001~WDW College Program
1996~Off Site
Old 05-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

I'm Marianne. I met Lisa over on the Big Give board and through the fabulous Disboutiquers. I met Judy during her Lisa's Big Give - yes, really met her in person! at my house even! - although even though we both live in Charlotte, it has proven VERY difficult to get together like we want.
I'm spending the summer in Rhode Island with my two boys while DH stays here and works like crazy (he's a Golf Professional at The Peninsula Club on Lake Norman) . . . but I'm coming back in time for the DISMEET here in Charlotte and I cannot wait!

Here's a couple of pictures - I seeing everyone posting pics of themselves! I love putting faces to names!

From our last trip to WDW - DH, Me, Phalen (7) and Finn (almost 4!)

and a Mom & her boys shot (since DH works all the time and it's highly unlikely anyone but D~ will meet him)

Quote:
The golf course is The Club at Longview.com and is private, so not sure if they will let us on or not....I will probably call ahead and ask if they will give us a few minutes to take a couple photos ... I never learned to golf, before we had Megan if I went with Jim, I was his caddy and loved driving the cart!
Lisa - I know DH has connections at Longview, so let me know if you want me to see if he can work something out for a visit

Had to come back and edit - I was bummed I didn't make the first page, but now I'm not, because my post happens to be my lucky number! #21!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
Old 05-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
mommy2mrb

Marianne! we are excited to meet you and the boys and hopefully your DH too!

you are getting so close to heading up north! wish you and the boys a safe journey and have a wonderful time!

that would be great if he could find out for us....I will send you a FB message with my info in case they need it...

Old 05-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #23
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Thanks for letting me know about this Lisa. I'm off to bed now, but will come back and read in the morning.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #24
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Quote:
Marianne! we are excited to meet you and the boys and hopefully your DH too!

you are getting so close to heading up north! wish you and the boys a safe journey and have a wonderful time!

that would be great if he could find out for us....I will send you a FB message with my info in case they need it...
Can't wait to meet you guys either!

I FINALLY sat down and started making lists for packing for RI tonight. Usually I have things packed up by this point . . . I am just so behind in LIFE this spring

I was telling DH tonight that I wish I could send the boys and my mom north and then I'd stay here and clean and organize for a couple of days. . . not gonna happen, so we'll just see how much I can get done before we leave Friday!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
Old 05-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #25
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

HI!! Just stopping by to say Hi. I am Amy and my daughter Allison and I plan to come to Charlotte with Andrea and Alexa. Allison is 13 and went on a Wish Trip in December of 2010. I first started DISing to plan for her trip. Took a break and when I came back Judy was there with open arms! I met Lisa through Judy's TR for Lisa's Wish trip. I met Andrea from Disboutiques thread and have been blessed by meeting her and her wonderful kids in person.

Can't wait to meet everyone in August... and anyone in Disney when we are there in June!!! I must go to bed now, but will be back to update with a picture!!

PS LOVING all the pictures you guys have posted!!!

Last edited by 4monkeys; 05-23-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #26
mommy2mrb

Kathy, thanks for stopping by....

Amy, we are so looking forward to meeting you and Allison...keeping her in our prayers that she stays healthy so you get down to Charlotte, amd I'm so excited you are getting back to WDW...its almost here!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #27
KatMark
DIS Veteran

All caught up (and now that I'm done with my TR, I should have no trouble staying that way. Great intros, and sounds like some really exciting and epic DIS meets!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #28
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
All caught up (and now that I'm done with my TR, I should have no trouble staying that way. Great intros, and sounds like some really exciting and epic DIS meets!
thanks....it keeps growing, I found out a few days ago that 2 of the DISBoutique ladies lived close to Atlanta, will be tons of fun!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #29
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Isa...
I just love that picture of you and Megan - it is one of my favorite. And I love the pics of All of you (Judy & clan too)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
I'm Marianne. I met Lisa over on the Big Give board and through the fabulous Disboutiquers. I met Judy during her Lisa's Big Give - yes, really met her in person! at my house even! - although even though we both live in Charlotte, it has proven VERY difficult to get together like we want.
I'm spending the summer in Rhode Island with my two boys while DH stays here and works like crazy (he's a Golf Professional at The Peninsula Club on Lake Norman) . . . but I'm coming back in time for the DISMEET here in Charlotte and I cannot wait!

Here's a couple of pictures - I seeing everyone posting pics of themselves! I love putting faces to names!

From our last trip to WDW - DH, Me, Phalen (7) and Finn (almost 4!)

and a Mom & her boys shot (since DH works all the time and it's highly unlikely anyone but D~ will meet him)

Lisa - I know DH has connections at Longview, so let me know if you want me to see if he can work something out for a visit

Had to come back and edit - I was bummed I didn't make the first page, but now I'm not, because my post happens to be my lucky number! #21!
Whoot - I get to meet the elusive DH myself! He's such a lucky guy.

Marianne - you and your boys are so cute!!!

And Yay!!! I get to post pictures of ME in Isa's PTR....

For those of you that don't know me - I am D~... And I get blamed for any and all mischief around here (really it's Isa, Judy and Andrea that cause it all)... I will be flying from MN to Charlotte this summer, and I am super excited to be meeting most of my Diser buddies... This is just going to be an awesome trip, and I am so excited about it.

WHile I am there, Marianne (and Judy) offerred to let me stay with them, but since Judy already has Isa & Megan staying there, I will be staying at Marianne's. Marianne and I have already met IRL last summer - she was lucky enough to get a layover at MSP - so my bff and I drove up to meet her... We had so much fun and we've become fast friends. I've even met her adorable boys... I am super excited to see them again too.

I have a DH and 2 girls (Allison & Victoria) who will be staying home... This will be my first trip ever with out any of my family - and my first time flying alone... but after a few flights to WDW & back and trip to Europe last summer (exactly a year ago - can you believe how fast time flies?) - I think I can handle a solo flight.

Anyways - here's me with my girls on our recent trip to WDW...

I am super excited to be part of this amazing group of ladies - who have hearts of gold, and their spirit adds so much fun to my daily live - I am super excited to meet each and every one of them!!!

D~
Old 05-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #30
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post

Ohhhh! Marianne, that is a stunning photo! And it looks like your gym membership has paid off Let me guess, you've lost 9 pounds? I am only guessing that because I have recently gained 9 and figure you must have sent them my way!

And "Hi D" -- blaming Isa, Judy and me already???? Everyone knows "mischief" is your middle name.

DH DS 11 DD 9

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: