Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #226
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
[COLOR="Red"]

it was fun despite not having the bumpers....most bowling alley's have good prices during the summer for kids...we paid $1.00 for shoes and $1.00 for each game...so $3.00 for a couple hours of fun!
yah, my family wouldn't take beano, they rather "entertain" us
thanks for the extra Yea!!
Half the fun is the laughter!....Even with homeschool discounts, etc, it is still $5.00 a game here no matter when...plus shoes! If it was a$1.00 my kids would be ecstatic! There is a program where you can buy a "pass" if you are under 15 and bowl for one fee (Only one game per day though, you HAVE to rent shoes if you don't have your own and it takes at least 30 minutes to get to the closest (safe) bowling alley).

I am happy they had so much fun!
blessedmom4 is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #227
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post

And John Lennon was for Halloween!!! Though she did ask if she could wear that to her piano recital After all, dress requirement is "Sunday Best."
Ack, I don't have enough posts to quote pictures, but I just started reading this and wanted to pop in really quickly to say those are some of the best (ok, probably the best ) costumes I have ever seen. Huge fan of The Beatles here. It's very exciting that there are so many DIS'ers in this area. Me, I just get excited seeing Disney bumper stickers, I had no idea that there were so many Disney fanatics like me around these parts.

*ducks back into lurkdom*
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #228
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Congrats to Megan!

thanks Kathy! hope you all are staying cool in your heat, heard its breaking tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Half the fun is the laughter!....Even with homeschool discounts, etc, it is still $5.00 a game here no matter when...plus shoes! If it was a$1.00 my kids would be ecstatic! There is a program where you can buy a "pass" if you are under 15 and bowl for one fee (Only one game per day though, you HAVE to rent shoes if you don't have your own and it takes at least 30 minutes to get to the closest (safe) bowling alley).

I am happy they had so much fun!
that's our bowling alley too, one free game and rent the shoes ...my friends was in a smaller town so that probably why it was so cheap....they did have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Ack, I don't have enough posts to quote pictures, but I just started reading this and wanted to pop in really quickly to say those are some of the best (ok, probably the best ) costumes I have ever seen. Huge fan of The Beatles here. It's very exciting that there are so many DIS'ers in this area. Me, I just get excited seeing Disney bumper stickers, I had no idea that there were so many Disney fanatics like me around these parts.

*ducks back into lurkdom*
Welcome! you only need 3 more posts to be able to post photos! seems like the east coast has more DISers....not as many here in the NW and those there are usually go to DLR not WDW so they don't post as much on the threads I do.
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #229
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
guess what Megan did last night>>>>>


she spent the night at her friends house! first time EVER to stay at a friends overnight! we had gone over for her bday party and she asked at the end, so I ran home and got her things, then stayed for a bit to visit somemore....never got a call

just waiting to hear when to go pick her up! proud of my girl
I've almost caught up so this will probably be my last post. Just wanted to say I was the same exact way when I was Megan's age. I was awful about spending the night away from home. I'm sure our reasons are different, but I know my parents were super concerned about it...and they knew that call all too well. Needless to say we had no idea how I'd do going off to college, pretty much everyone thought it would be a bust. I'm happy to say it turned out very well . I never really had homesickness until I became ill. Sounds like Megan is doing great!
Sleepovers are so fun, but can be super stressful! Glad she managed to have a good time and stay the whole night!
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #230
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran
 
JohnsonsLoveDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Port Orchard, Washington
Posts: 4,304

Megan's perfect 0 game!

I love the summer bowling here. During the rest of the year its expensive!

__________________
Rachal, Awesome DBF and 3 crazy girls! and 1 bouncing baby boy!

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #231
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Megan's perfect 0 game!

I love the summer bowling here. During the rest of the year its expensive!

That is amazing, thanks for posting that!!!!

Megan should have taken a lesson from Fred Flintstone and tried out her ballet on the bowling shots (anybody have a clue what I am talking about)????
blessedmom4 is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #232
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
I've almost caught up so this will probably be my last post. Just wanted to say I was the same exact way when I was Megan's age. I was awful about spending the night away from home. I'm sure our reasons are different, but I know my parents were super concerned about it...and they knew that call all too well. Needless to say we had no idea how I'd do going off to college, pretty much everyone thought it would be a bust. I'm happy to say it turned out very well . I never really had homesickness until I became ill. Sounds like Megan is doing great!
Sleepovers are so fun, but can be super stressful! Glad she managed to have a good time and stay the whole night!
I was too, had many a nights I had to go home from sleepovers...lucky for my parents in was just two houses down or across the street!
I'm sure your illness put great stress on your mind...its great you were able to overcome it and enjoy college....I just noticed your siggie, good luck getting in the college program at Epcot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Megan's perfect 0 game!

I love the summer bowling here. During the rest of the year its expensive!

thanks for posting the photo Rachal, it was fun to watch the girls wasn't it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
That is amazing, thanks for posting that!!!!

Megan should have taken a lesson from Fred Flintstone and tried out her ballet on the bowling shots (anybody have a clue what I am talking about)????
I know what you are talking about....don't know how you know about the Flintstones since you are only going to be 29 must of been from the movies not the tv cartoons
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #233
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I was too, had many a nights I had to go home from sleepovers...lucky for my parents in was just two houses down or across the street!
I'm sure your illness put great stress on your mind...its great you were able to overcome it and enjoy college....I just noticed your siggie, good luck getting in the college program at Epcot !
Yep, I think it's more common than most people assume to have difficulty spending the night. I hope this is the start of many sleepovers for Megan! I actually went off to college first and then became ill. My absolute dream is to work there in Epcot working in the garden at Living with the Land. I'm a plant person. I also am dying to volunteer at GKTW. I just need a lot of to make it happen. I'm not sure Disney is fond of hiring people who need that many days off work. I also have no idea how I'd do being away from my parents, doctors, and a familiar setting for that long. But I'm not giving up on the dream yet!

Enjoy your weekend!
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #234
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Yep, I think it's more common than most people assume to have difficulty spending the night. I hope this is the start of many sleepovers for Megan! I actually went off to college first and then became ill. My absolute dream is to work there in Epcot working in the garden at Living with the Land. I'm a plant person. I also am dying to volunteer at GKTW. I just need a lot of to make it happen. I'm not sure Disney is fond of hiring people who need that many days off work. I also have no idea how I'd do being away from my parents, doctors, and a familiar setting for that long. But I'm not giving up on the dream yet!

Enjoy your weekend!
I hope your dream will come true....sending lots of it will happen if its right for you!
GKTW is amazing, we got to visit Judy and family when we were there in October...Megan and I hope to volunteer when we go back to WDW next Thanksgiving!

hope you have a great weekend too!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 07-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #235
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran
 
VBAndrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Ack, I don't have enough posts to quote pictures, but I just started reading this and wanted to pop in really quickly to say those are some of the best (ok, probably the best ) costumes I have ever seen. Huge fan of The Beatles here. It's very exciting that there are so many DIS'ers in this area. Me, I just get excited seeing Disney bumper stickers, I had no idea that there were so many Disney fanatics like me around these parts.

*ducks back into lurkdom*
Wow! Thank you so much for the nice compliment! I did the best I could to model the costumes after the authentic outfits -- I couldn't find the right color for my ds though and dh was miffed about that. My dh is the Beatles fan in our family and he got the kids hooked with the Wii Beatles Rock band. They wore these outfits that I made to see the Fab Faux:





I think that's the best pair of jeans I ever did for dd -- they took loads of time to make though!

Sorry for all the pics Lisa, but your ptr is my ptr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Megan's perfect 0 game!

I love the summer bowling here. During the rest of the year its expensive!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
That is amazing, thanks for posting that!!!!

Megan should have taken a lesson from Fred Flintstone and tried out her ballet on the bowling shots (anybody have a clue what I am talking about)????
I know Fred and the ballet moves -- us 29 y/o's have sharp memories of those RERUNS!
__________________
Andrea

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline  
Old 07-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #236
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for the nice compliment! I did the best I could to model the costumes after the authentic outfits -- I couldn't find the right color for my ds though and dh was miffed about that. My dh is the Beatles fan in our family and he got the kids hooked with the Wii Beatles Rock band. They wore these outfits that I made to see the Fab Faux:





I think that's the best pair of jeans I ever did for dd -- they took loads of time to make though!

Sorry for all the pics Lisa, but your ptr is my ptr

I love those outfits too! no problem posting photos on OUR ptr I am good about sharing
LOVE IT!!!!

it is quite funny, never seen a zero score EVER!
I know Fred and the ballet moves -- us 29 y/o's have sharp memories of those RERUNS!
oh ya, reruns



not to much going on here for our weekend....going to see Brave today and having dinner tomorrow night for my brothers birthday somewhere, my mom hasn't decided yet.
need to work on cleaning house YUCK and but that's about it!

hope everyone has some fun stuff planned and stays cool in the heat!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 07-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #237
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I hope your dream will come true....sending lots of it will happen if its right for you!
GKTW is amazing, we got to visit Judy and family when we were there in October...Megan and I hope to volunteer when we go back to WDW next Thanksgiving!

hope you have a great weekend too!
You're absolutely right, if it doesn't happen, then it was simply not meant to be, which is okay too. I really wanted a job position at a camp this summer but didn't get it. When I spent two of those three weeks in and out of the ER I realized that job was definitely NOT meant to be! Still hoping a Disney internship is in the future for me!

GKTW looks amazing. I've wanted to volunteer there for a long time. It would be great to do it somewhat regularly. I'm trying to convince my family to spend a day during vacation volunteering, but I don't think I'll win them over. Volunteering with children really always was (and still is) my passion. Hope your weekend is off to a good start. I saw Moonrise Kingdom and loved it, but then had a disastrous afternoon where my college honors research project was almost ruined. Enjoying some time on the DIS now to take some of that stress off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for the nice compliment! I did the best I could to model the costumes after the authentic outfits -- I couldn't find the right color for my ds though and dh was miffed about that. My dh is the Beatles fan in our family and he got the kids hooked with the Wii Beatles Rock band. They wore these outfits that I made to see the Fab Faux:





I think that's the best pair of jeans I ever did for dd -- they took loads of time to make though!
These are fantastic!!! I love all of it, especially that top. Although those costumes are still unbelievable. I'm a huge Beatles fanatic. Love The Beatles Rock Band too! You are very talented. I know I'm not alone on this one, but I sure wish I could sew! Would love to help out with the Big Give but I'm afraid I'm not very skilled at any craft and don't have a real source of income. For now I can just maintain my post as a prayer warrior
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline  
Old 07-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #238
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
You're absolutely right, if it doesn't happen, then it was simply not meant to be, which is okay too. I really wanted a job position at a camp this summer but didn't get it. When I spent two of those three weeks in and out of the ER I realized that job was definitely NOT meant to be! Still hoping a Disney internship is in the future for me!

that must of been hard for you....hopefully next summer you will be able to volunteer!

GKTW looks amazing. I've wanted to volunteer there for a long time. It would be great to do it somewhat regularly. I'm trying to convince my family to spend a day during vacation volunteering, but I don't think I'll win them over. Volunteering with children really always was (and still is) my passion. Hope your weekend is off to a good start. I saw Moonrise Kingdom and loved it, but then had a disastrous afternoon where my college honors research project was almost ruined. Enjoying some time on the DIS now to take some of that stress off.

I know GKTW would happily have your family volunteer, they make it pretty easy to fill out the paperwork on-line.

we went to see Brave and heading over to a friends house for pizza and then the beach for icecream!

oh no, hope you didn't your work!

These are fantastic!!! I love all of it, especially that top. Although those costumes are still unbelievable. I'm a huge Beatles fanatic. Love The Beatles Rock Band too! You are very talented. I know I'm not alone on this one, but I sure wish I could sew! Would love to help out with the Big Give but I'm afraid I'm not very skilled at any craft and don't have a real source of income. For now I can just maintain my post as a prayer warrior
prayer warriors are ALWAYS needed....you don't need to be crafty to be a BigGiver...I love doing pixie dust...you could always send a little note to the families, they are so appreciative of all they receive!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 07-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #239
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
prayer warriors are ALWAYS needed....you don't need to be crafty to be a BigGiver...I love doing pixie dust...you could always send a little note to the families, they are so appreciative of all they receive!
I would LOVE LOVE to do something like that. I love sending hand-written letters, and I'd love to send pixie dust in any ways that I can. One day I would love to actually be able to send some things. For now, I'm trying really hard to think of little ways I could help out. Hopefully something will come to me. I'm not sure what your stipulations are on "hand-me-downs" I know they can be germy or allergy-ridden, but I know I have some extremely gently used toys and/or stuffed animals I could send.

*EDIT*: Sorry, I missed your replies within the quote. GKTW does seem fairly simple to sign up to volunteer, I looked into it a few years ago. I'd like to think I have pretty good credentials too! (ignore me, that's my strange sense of humor) If I ever work down in Orlando I hope to find time to volunteer there regularly. Sounds like you had a pretty fun Saturday. I'm going to have to go see Brave soon! I managed to find some of my missing work, thank goodness, literally 2 years of very hard work and stake in two honors programs were at risk. By what felt like a little miracle, I found one sheet that I thought was lost forever. So it seems the crisis may have been averted. I've been feeling a bit ill tonight, but hopefully tomorrow I will get to go watch an agility competition with my parents. Please let me know if I'm rambling too much, I tend to be a talker! I swear I won't take any offense, I'm a bit used to it really!
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker

Last edited by addictedtonostalgia; 07-07-2012 at 11:15 PM.
addictedtonostalgia is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #240
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,734

Welcome Meredith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for the nice compliment! I did the best I could to model the costumes after the authentic outfits -- I couldn't find the right color for my ds though and dh was miffed about that. My dh is the Beatles fan in our family and he got the kids hooked with the Wii Beatles Rock band. They wore these outfits that I made to see the Fab Faux:





I think that's the best pair of jeans I ever did for dd -- they took loads of time to make though!
I don't remember seeing these outfits... I love them! I especially love the shirt... Where did you find your knit?

Quote:
Sorry for all the pics Lisa, but your ptr is my ptr
Hmmm... She says that to me too....

ROFL to Megan for the perfect 0 game, that is totally something I would do.

D~
DMGeurts is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: