Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #211
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

I bet Megan had a blast! My dd had her first sleepover earlier this year (other than at her auntie's house) -- but she is so gregarious that I knew it would be problem free. DS is quite introverted, but he starting sleepovers at age 8 also and loves them. I think it just requires friends and parents you are comfortable with.

I am willing to bet Megan may have a hard time being separated from you though. I have a feeling that anyone who loses a parent would be particularly bonded to the surviving parent. I'm really proud of her for her accomplishment! I hope she had a great time and is willing to do it again. It will give her a little independence and do the same for you. Were you lonely? I get so lonely if I'm away from my kids for too long.

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 07-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #212
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Great to hear about Megan! I hope she had a fun night!
Yes did...see below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
I bet Megan had a blast! My dd had her first sleepover earlier this year (other than at her auntie's house) -- but she is so gregarious that I knew it would be problem free. DS is quite introverted, but he starting sleepovers at age 8 also and loves them. I think it just requires friends and parents you are comfortable with.

I am willing to bet Megan may have a hard time being separated from you though. I have a feeling that anyone who loses a parent would be particularly bonded to the surviving parent. I'm really proud of her for her accomplishment! I hope she had a great time and is willing to do it again. It will give her a little independence and do the same for you. Were you lonely? I get so lonely if I'm away from my kids for too long.

she had a great time! they went to bed about midnight and she said she was able to go to sleep with no issues she woke up about 7 and dozed until her friend woke up about 9, they just hung out ( I texted about 10am to check on her ) they went to the mall with another friend and "cruised" around while Karlee's mom shopped for a pair of shoes...they got her home about 4pm.
Megan never wanted to do sleep overs even before Jim died, so afterwards was even harder for her, has had a few invites before and never could do it...so I'm proud she was able to and she even told me that it made her feel confindent!!!
as for me, yes it was a bit lonely, and I woke up about 230 and didn't go back to sleep until after 4...bonus though I did sleep until 730 which is VERY rare for me! did enjoy a quiet and lazy day reading before she got home!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #213
babynala
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear Megan had a fun time sleeping over her friend's house.

I hope you guys are enjoying your summer vacation. I'm sorry I have not responded to your PM. I keep forgetting it is in there and I want to double check some dates on my calendar. I'm still thinking about heading to Charlotte since it is not that far from GA and I would love to catch up with everyone going to the meet. Alas, I am not on Facebook so I don't know what you guys have planned.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #214
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Glad to hear Megan had a fun time sleeping over her friend's house.

I hope you guys are enjoying your summer vacation. I'm sorry I have not responded to your PM. I keep forgetting it is in there and I want to double check some dates on my calendar. I'm still thinking about heading to Charlotte since it is not that far from GA and I would love to catch up with everyone going to the meet. Alas, I am not on Facebook so I don't know what you guys have planned.
hey, was going to send you another soon if you didn't answer
would be cool if you can come up to Charlotte too! Marianne is making all the Saturday shopping plans so maybe PM her for that info....we are still trying to figure out Saturday night get together, it might end up being Sunday...Judy found a place but haven't heard back from her over the weekend....will keep you in the loop for that.

let me know about getting together in GA, still waiting to hear from Nini too!

Old 07-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #215
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Lurking again.

Lisa, you can set up a group on fb invite only those involved- friends or not and share all of your information in that group. You can even set it to private so only the people in the group see the information.

If you want I can help you with it tomorrow

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #216
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Lurking again.

Lisa, you can set up a group on fb invite only those involved- friends or not and share all of your information in that group. You can even set it to private so only the people in the group see the information.

If you want I can help you with it tomorrow
Hi Rachal....we already have one set up that way, just that Judy and Andrea aren't on FB so they are missing the updates and I'm trying to keep them in the loop!

looking forward to tomorrow, got my cookies and bean dip all made, hope to be at your place around 1230!!

Old 07-04-2012, 03:07 AM   #217
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

SOOOOOOOO Glad Megan had her first sleepover, that is a HUGE milestone!!! Lisa hasn't done that yet I am not ready for it either!

LIZ, are you coming to Charlotte??? That would be so fun to meet you!!!

Lisa my dear, have a WONDERFUL time at your Fourth of July Party! I hope you are bringing the beano for that bean dip!

Making this short 'cause I SHOULD be asleep....

LOVE AND BLESSINGS,

Old 07-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #218
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
SOOOOOOOO Glad Megan had her first sleepover, that is a HUGE milestone!!! Lisa hasn't done that yet I am not ready for it either!

she had a great time...she had another first today, see below....I know it would be so hard for you to have Lisa at a sleepover

LIZ, are you coming to Charlotte??? That would be so fun to meet you!!!

hope you can come up too Liz, if not at least we get to meet up in GA!

Lisa my dear, have a WONDERFUL time at your Fourth of July Party! I hope you are bringing the beano for that bean dip!

nope didn't bring any Beano but my dip was all gone by the end of the night!

Making this short 'cause I SHOULD be asleep....

you should always be asleep much earlier than you are!

LOVE AND BLESSINGS,

We had a blast yesterday got to our friend Rachal (JohnsonsLoveDisney) around noon and hung out for a bit before heading out to the bowling alley...I didn't bowl since my thumb is finally not numb anymore and didn't want to hurt it again....Megan had fun with Emily rachal's DD and Rachal's younger sisters....Megan had a first I've ever seen and perfect ZERO game, only threw gutter balls, she had fun though....her second game she did throw a strike and hit a couple other pins, think her score was 26.
after bowling we headed out to see Rachal's new house they are waiting to close on hopefully in the next few days and then back to their place to eat, chat and I got a major baby fix with her little guy and played with her 3 girls! watched the older guys be crazy with the fireworks...we ended going in the house because they got a little close with them....
had a lazy morning and I went to get my nails done and Megan was still tired so didn;t want to go, so stayed home by herself for the first time for about
1 1/2 hours and she did great!

some very exciting news to share....heard from Megan's dance studio that she made the Performance Team she is bouncing around! just waiting to hear when our first meeting is to start fundraising for the DLR trip in January!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #219
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

YEA for Megan making the Performance Team!!! I am so proud of her; however, I NEVER had any doubt!!!

ZERO??? She needed the gutter bumpers! Try that next time...and at my house, the boys WOULD have needed Beano...trust me, you have a girl, they are more delicate! I am so happy you had a great time!

Please give Megan a hug and tell her Auntie Judy is so proud!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #220
mommy2mrb

Quote:
YEA for Megan making the Performance Team!!! I am so proud of her; however, I NEVER had any doubt!!!

ZERO??? She needed the gutter bumpers! Try that next time...and at my house, the boys WOULD have needed Beano...trust me, you have a girl, they are more delicate! I am so happy you had a great time!

Please give Megan a hug and tell her Auntie Judy is so proud!!!!
I will tell her! and give her a hug too!!!
they wouldn't put the bumpers up since they were older, we have in the past.
well you haven't been around my family to know our secret "talent" believe me they need the beano too....

Old 07-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #221
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
We had a blast yesterday got to our friend Rachal (JohnsonsLoveDisney) around noon and hung out for a bit before heading out to the bowling alley...I didn't bowl since my thumb is finally not numb anymore and didn't want to hurt it again....Megan had fun with Emily rachal's DD and Rachal's younger sisters....Megan had a first I've ever seen and perfect ZERO game, only threw gutter balls, she had fun though....her second game she did throw a strike and hit a couple other pins, think her score was 26.
after bowling we headed out to see Rachal's new house they are waiting to close on hopefully in the next few days and then back to their place to eat, chat and I got a major baby fix with her little guy and played with her 3 girls! watched the older guys be crazy with the fireworks...we ended going in the house because they got a little close with them....
had a lazy morning and I went to get my nails done and Megan was still tired so didn;t want to go, so stayed home by herself for the first time for about
1 1/2 hours and she did great!

some very exciting news to share....heard from Megan's dance studio that she made the Performance Team she is bouncing around! just waiting to hear when our first meeting is to start fundraising for the DLR trip in January!
I'm soooooooo HAPPY for Megan!!!! (For making the Performance Team -- not necessarily for the bowling score ) I'm really am super proud of her -- what a great accomplishment

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 07-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #222
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I will tell her! and give her a hug too!!!
they wouldn't put the bumpers up since they were older, we have in the past.
well you haven't been around my family to know our secret "talent" believe me they need the beano too....
Boo to them for no bumpers if you wanted them! Good for Megan for doing better. My children love to bowl, we just never do 'cause it is so expensive...My FIL was and my BIl IS the most talented in our family...and never would take a beano....till one day my FIL did at my house and he was hooked...I had actually purchased them for his visit. Wish he was still here to take one now...Yea ain for Megan!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #223
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I just wanted to stop by... It sounds like you had a wonderful 4th!

CONGRATULATIONS to Megan!!! Whoot!!! I KNEW she would make it!!!

D~
Old 07-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #224
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
I'm soooooooo HAPPY for Megan!!!! (For making the Performance Team -- not necessarily for the bowling score ) I'm really am super proud of her -- what a great accomplishment

Thanks Andrea, PT will be fun ! actually bowling was even the older girls were throwing gutters, they had fun and don't think their laughing was helping their aim!

Quote:
Boo to them for no bumpers if you wanted them! Good for Megan for doing better. My children love to bowl, we just never do 'cause it is so expensive...My FIL was and my BIl IS the most talented in our family...and never would take a beano....till one day my FIL did at my house and he was hooked...I had actually purchased them for his visit. Wish he was still here to take one now...Yea ain for Megan!!!
it was fun despite not having the bumpers....most bowling alley's have good prices during the summer for kids...we paid $1.00 for shoes and $1.00 for each game...so $3.00 for a couple hours of fun!
yah, my family wouldn't take beano, they rather "entertain" us
thanks for the extra Yea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I just wanted to stop by... It sounds like you had a wonderful 4th!

CONGRATULATIONS to Megan!!! Whoot!!! I KNEW she would make it!!!

D~
we did, thanks D! just saw your scary day, take it easy!
will pass along the congrats!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #225
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Congrats to Megan!

RIP Genie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: