Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #196
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Just dropped Lisa off at Camp and she went in skipping and happy, Next is Bandit's Vet appt, leaving in 3 minutes. Glad I checked in, seems my "humor" once again was NOT coming across in my post, I will be back later to clarify...I was trying to joke about drinks (I know, bad, thought Lisa would claim hers). It was the fruity one... PIZZA IS PERFECT!!! I didn't mean I was INTENTIONALLY being left out, just joking about FB and me not happening....I will be back....Sorry my wit was NOT coming across...maybe I am only funny to myself ...it was 3 in the AM and I hadn't been to sleep...
Old 06-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #197
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Just dropped Lisa off at Camp and she went in skipping and happy, Next is Bandit's Vet appt, leaving in 3 minutes. Glad I checked in, seems my "humor" once again was NOT coming across in my post, I will be back later to clarify...I was trying to joke about drinks (I know, bad, thought Lisa would claim hers). It was the fruity one... PIZZA IS PERFECT!!! I didn't mean I was INTENTIONALLY being left out, just joking about FB and me not happening....I will be back....Sorry my wit was NOT coming across...maybe I am only funny to myself ...it was 3 in the AM and I hadn't been to sleep...
Lisa was happy and skipping!!! good luck with Bandits appt!

I must of missed something then, guess I wasn't to awake....I know you didn't mean it INTENTIONALLY! didn't I claim my drink

you are funny to me and why were you still up at 3am not good for you Judy!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #198
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

I think things sometimes get lost in translation. Not being on FB, I donít know what is going on, except from Lisa. She is dong a GREAT job trying to keep me up to date. The DIS meet in Charlotte has grown to such an amazing event, with a lot of wonderful people wanting to join in and many I donít even know their DIS names, I am sorry to say. Marianne had planned to get a park location for everyone to meet at near her house OR another place that was inside when so many wonderful people wanted to come to Charlotte. I said that was great, sounded like a fun party; however, depending on how hot it was, a park might NOT work for Lisaís health. I told Lisa a few weeks ago I was still willing to host on Saturday night provided the weather wasnít raining and we could mostly use our backyard. She was projecting about 30 people at that time...and I THINK that wasnít including my family of 6...The caveat was we needed to wait until closer to the actual date for me to be able to commit...so, if that was okay, we could OR we could go with Marianneís original plans/thoughts to make life easier. LONG story short (If you really want to know feel free to read the tragic saga on our PTR) we have a bat problem and the family has been receiving rabies shots since June 16 (last shots THIS SATURDAY June 30). This caused my Lisaís scheduled surgery to be postponed until July 25 (hospital from July 23 till the end of July, first of August). I am STILL willing to MAYBE host...however, that is so iffy for someone who likes to organize (like me), so I told Lisa last night I wasnít comfortable to even committing to the maybe until after Lisaís surgery and Lisa wants to know before she embarks on her trip August 2...and I canít do that. I am SO incredibly eager to meet such wonderful people, I have not met ONE DISer that I didnít love and most of you I think of as friends after just a few short exchanges (which has gotten me in trouble a time or two, my personality is quirky, see my posts...). That being said, I was trying to joke about the Italian food vs Southern, sodas/water vs spirits and WHERE we could have a party of this size and magnitude, because it is shaping up to be EPIC! Pizza at my house is STILL a GO (I HOPE) and you wild women can drink whatever you want to , I was just making sure you knew I was okay with that if you so choose (I am NOT a tee-totaler, even if I choose not to imbibe).

Going to TRY and post an update on Banditís Vet visit before we leave on my PTR...
Old 06-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #199
mommy2mrb

Quote:
I think things sometimes get lost in translation. Not being on FB, I donít know what is going on, except from Lisa. She is dong a GREAT job trying to keep me up to date. The DIS meet in Charlotte has grown to such an amazing event, with a lot of wonderful people wanting to join in and many I donít even know their DIS names, I am sorry to say. Marianne had planned to get a park location for everyone to meet at near her house OR another place that was inside when so many wonderful people wanted to come to Charlotte. I said that was great, sounded like a fun party; however, depending on how hot it was, a park might NOT work for Lisaís health. I told Lisa a few weeks ago I was still willing to host on Saturday night provided the weather wasnít raining and we could mostly use our backyard. She was projecting about 30 people at that time...and I THINK that wasnít including my family of 6...The caveat was we needed to wait until closer to the actual date for me to be able to commit...so, if that was okay, we could OR we could go with Marianneís original plans/thoughts to make life easier. LONG story short (If you really want to know feel free to read the tragic saga on our PTR) we have a bat problem and the family has been receiving rabies shots since June 16 (last shots THIS SATURDAY June 30). This caused my Lisaís scheduled surgery to be postponed until July 25 (hospital from July 23 till the end of July, first of August). I am STILL willing to MAYBE host...however, that is so iffy for someone who likes to organize (like me), so I told Lisa last night I wasnít comfortable to even committing to the maybe until after Lisaís surgery and Lisa wants to know before she embarks on her trip August 2...and I canít do that. I am SO incredibly eager to meet such wonderful people, I have not met ONE DISer that I didnít love and most of you I think of as friends after just a few short exchanges (which has gotten me in trouble a time or two, my personality is quirky, see my posts...). That being said, I was trying to joke about the Italian food vs Southern, sodas/water vs spirits and WHERE we could have a party of this size and magnitude, because it is shaping up to be EPIC! Pizza at my house is STILL a GO (I HOPE) and you wild women can drink whatever you want to , I was just making sure you knew I was okay with that if you so choose (I am NOT a tee-totaler, even if I choose not to imbibe).

Going to TRY and post an update on Banditís Vet visit before we leave on my PTR...
okay now I'm cleared up.....Judy our biggest thing is not to add any stress to you with planning the party, etc. we have plenty of time to get the Saturday night party figured out
I posted an update on FB to see if anyone has a big enough house or other ideas!

as for the "grown-up" drinks, I'm not big on it either, but do like one for special occasions which this will be! getting to meet everyone is going to be so much fun

Old 06-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #200
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Judy, m'dear... I certainly hope I didn't say anything wrong? As I didn't see anything wrong with your post. I truly understand that you and your family are going through so much right now. (((Hugs)))

Now, I know that most people won't even consider doing the party at my house - but I did offer it... It's a teeny bit of a drive, but it's always an option.

In all seriousness... I wish there was some way we could all communicate together so that no one is left out. Because we certainly don't want anyone feeling excluded. (((Hugs)))

No matter what, it will all come together and work out. If all else fails, we can tailgate an the Target parking lot - right?

D~
Old 06-29-2012, 02:33 AM   #201
blessedmom4

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
okay now I'm cleared up.....Judy our biggest thing is not to add any stress to you with planning the party, etc. we have plenty of time to get the Saturday night party figured out
I posted an update on FB to see if anyone has a big enough house or other ideas!

as for the "grown-up" drinks, I'm not big on it either, but do like one for special occasions which this will be! getting to meet everyone is going to be so much fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Judy, m'dear... I certainly hope I didn't say anything wrong? As I didn't see anything wrong with your post. I truly understand that you and your family are going through so much right now. (((Hugs)))

Now, I know that most people won't even consider doing the party at my house - but I did offer it... It's a teeny bit of a drive, but it's always an option.

In all seriousness... I wish there was some way we could all communicate together so that no one is left out. Because we certainly don't want anyone feeling excluded. (((Hugs)))

No matter what, it will all come together and work out. If all else fails, we can tailgate an the Target parking lot - right?

D~

Of course not dear D~ and sweet Lisa, thank you! I was just trying to be goofy and again, my sleep addled brain thought it sounded funny...but realize now you all weren't following my thought processes (although to be fair, when Rachel read it, she got my humor from the start...). NO MORE POSTING HERE when I am so sleepy!! Lesson learned (Of course, that means I will be MIA more...) It takes too much energy/time to clear up my confusion...

And I really DON'T feel excluded, I was joking about my firm stance not to FB. Lisa B. will ask me "this is what you wanted to do or who you wanted to do it with, right?" and I will respond, "That isn't quite what I said or meant, things DO get lost in translation". After all, I am not in charge of anything (well, except for our Friday night pizza party, which Lisa said was your idea D~ and I thought was a SPLENDID one! Thanks for offering to host it, even if it IS too far away!!), I don't know most of what is going on, nor do I need to. I only need to know what is happening at my house. I WILL say, If you don't hear it directly from me, then it might not be my thought, or what I meant....Things DO get mixed up...

ETA:Maybe I DO need that FB link so I can see what has been attributed to me. Now, back to bed, I have spent too much time over-analyzing this...as usual...

Last edited by blessedmom4; 06-29-2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Typo Queen
Old 06-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #202
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

D~
tailgating at target, can just see us

Quote:
"

Of course not dear D~ and sweet Lisa, thank you! I was just trying to be goofy and again, my sleep addled brain thought it sounded funny...but realize now you all weren't following my thought processes (although to be fair, when Rachel read it, she got my humor from the start...). NO MORE POSTING HERE when I am so sleepy!! Lesson learned (Of course, that means I will be MIA more...) It takes too much energy/time to clear up my confusion...

And I really DON'T feel excluded, I was joking about my firm stance not to FB. Lisa B. will ask me "this is what you wanted to do or who you wanted to do it with, right?" and I will respond, "That isn't quite what I said or meant, things DO get lost in translation". After all, I am not in charge of anything (well, except for our Friday night pizza party, which Lisa said was your idea D~ and I thought was a SPLENDID one! Thanks for offering to host it, even if it IS too far away!!), I don't know most of what is going on, nor do I need to. I only need to know what is happening at my house. I WILL say, If you don't hear it directly from me, then it might not be my thought, or what I meant....Things DO get mixed up...

ETA:Maybe I DO need that FB link so I can see what has been attributed to me. Now, back to bed, I have spent too much time over-analyzing this...as usual...
no problems Judy....you know we love you! you aren't supposed to be in charge of anything during our visit, you are going to be queen for the weekend and get treated as such, well at least by me
you need to stop over-analyzing and just sit back and enjoy!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #203
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
tailgating at target, can just see us

There will tailgating on my road (cul-de-sac) before Tailgating at Target....Today I am feeling as if I could do this again...I am SO wishy washy! SORRY!!!!!!

no problems Judy....you know we love you! you aren't supposed to be in charge of anything during our visit, you are going to be queen for the weekend and get treated as such, well at least by me
you need to stop over-analyzing and just sit back and enjoy!!!

Thank you for loving me in spite of myself...of which I AM so over myself, so lets maybe still do this at my house, I know just shoot me...I am NOT the queen, I am the hostess with the mostest...well, besides Marianne!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #204
blessedmom4

SEEEEEEEEE....CALMER and no middle of the night lunacy... and I was up!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #205
blessedmom4

FORGOT TO SAY!!! I found a place to party Sunday 8/19 AM 8:30 to 2:30 for a fee...check your emails, sent it 5PM my time yesterday! Do you know when most people are leaving?? PLUS, I have NO intention of being there at 8:30,but it might be a nice way to let off steam before everyone leaves and it is COVERED with walls opening to a park...And I know a restaurant we could all descend on Saturday night with a private room I think I can arrange...
Old 06-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #206
mommy2mrb

Quote:

Thank you for loving me in spite of myself...of which I AM so over myself, so lets maybe still do this at my house, I know just shoot me...I am NOT the queen, I am the hostess with the mostest...well, besides Marianne!!!
you are not being Wishy washy....you just have more important things on your mind right now! ok I'll change your title
Quote:

SEEEEEEEEE....CALMER and no middle of the night lunacy... and I was up!
good girl well not for being up late, but no "crazy" posts

Quote:
FORGOT TO SAY!!! I found a place to party Sunday 8/19 AM 8:30 to 2:30 for a fee...check your emails, sent it 5PM my time yesterday! Do you know when most people are leaving?? PLUS, I have NO intention of being there at 8:30,but it might be a nice way to let off steam before everyone leaves and it is COVERED with walls opening to a park...And I know a restaurant we could all descend on Saturday night with a private room I think I can arrange...
I got your email on the place....I haven't posted the info yet on the FB page...is it deposit only or do we have to pay the fee....the upstairs would be ideal with the AC and kitchen!

not to much going on today....have a bday party at 3 for Megan's bff!

hope everyone has a fun weekend!!!

Old 06-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #207
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Gee, thanks for sharing the e-mails with me

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and add a few things as I'm clueless as to what is being discussed on FB as well, other than what Lisa B told me. I do NOT think it wise for you to commit to opening your home up to 40 guests when you have no idea how Lisa will be fairing at the time. I think getting an outside meeting place is a better idea (and by outside I do not mean outdoors -- I know heat is a concern). Problem is of course finding a place and fees associated. I think some churches may rent out space and food could be brought in -- we were able to get free space at a church for our FRG functions. We were also able to get free space at a VA post but the room they gave us was filled with the smell of smoke form the adjoining bar!!!!! It was HORRID! THe other issue is if everyone is coming from out of town how are people supposed to bring dishes to share -- where are these dishes to be prepared??? I'll just go with the flow but wanted to get my 2Ę in for the little it's worth.

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 06-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #208
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Gee, thanks for sharing the e-mails with me

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and add a few things as I'm clueless as to what is being discussed on FB as well, other than what Lisa B told me. I do NOT think it wise for you to commit to opening your home up to 40 guests when you have no idea how Lisa will be fairing at the time. I think getting an outside meeting place is a better idea (and by outside I do not mean outdoors -- I know heat is a concern). Problem is of course finding a place and fees associated. I think some churches may rent out space and food could be brought in -- we were able to get free space at a church for our FRG functions. We were also able to get free space at a VA post but the room they gave us was filled with the smell of smoke form the adjoining bar!!!!! It was HORRID! THe other issue is if everyone is coming from out of town how are people supposed to bring dishes to share -- where are these dishes to be prepared??? I'll just go with the flow but wanted to get my 2Ę in for the little it's worth.
sorry Andrea not intentionally leaving you out of the loop....Judy and I were just going back and forth, we will be sharing more info once we get some stuff figured out! stay tuned! good idea about a church space!

Old 07-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #209
mommy2mrb

guess what Megan did last night>>>>>

she spent the night at her friends house! first time EVER to stay at a friends overnight! we had gone over for her bday party and she asked at the end, so I ran home and got her things, then stayed for a bit to visit somemore....never got a call

just waiting to hear when to go pick her up! proud of my girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: