Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #181
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I'm not sorry in the least Andrea....we are here to support each other NO matter what!

I'd be ticked off too....hello she knew she was going to be late, think she made the excuse she had texted your house # to cover her tush! you made the right decision talking to the office manager, hope they can get you switched to the other therapist! the other one sounds like a flake and a half and might continue to screw up future appts!
personally I wouldn't wait the 72 hours to hear from anyone, call tomorrow afternoon!
hope this will all work out so your DS gets the therapy he needs

try to enjoy the rest of the day

my day in compare is good, made TY notes for Megan to write in for her teachers and got some scrapping done too! almost done with our Feb DLR trip!
"Flake" is an appropriate description. Even if she's a good therapist I just can't deal with people that are that unreliable. Being in the medical profession I know how important it is to not make mistakes and this was a big error on her part!

Someone from the office called me back already and told me that the therapist who did our initial testing would provide the actual therapy and that she will be calling us today. She was outstanding in all regards and I did tell the office manager that b/c I didn't want to come across as a person that was never satisfied and always complaining -- even though all it seems like I do lately is whine

And Megan's thank you notes reminds me I need to get Alexa writing one today! Only about a month late on getting it done but I know the person getting it will understand and forgive when she sees it's my fault and not Alexa's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
That's so cool that Megan tried out and surprised you!

Andrea, you've had a very rough morning. Too bad she didn't call sooner so you could have gone fishing today.
We are waking at 3:45 tomorrow morning to go fishing! Even if she had called unless she called last night it would have ruined the fishing trip. But I'm more livid that I drove there, sat in the waiting room waiting for her for 25 minutes, and then finally found out she wasn't coming. I just looked at our home phone -- our appt was at 10:30am and she called our house at 10:49am. She called my cell at 10:53am and then called the office after that. Incompetent????? I am hoping my streak of bad luck has ended for good -- it's really been a crappy week. The next thing I know Judy will send her bats my way

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #182
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=VBAndrea;45297394
We are waking at 3:45 tomorrow morning to go fishing! Even if she had called unless she called last night it would have ruined the fishing trip. But I'm more livid that I drove there, sat in the waiting room waiting for her for 25 minutes, and then finally found out she wasn't coming. I just looked at our home phone -- our appt was at 10:30am and she called our house at 10:49am. She called my cell at 10:53am and then called the office after that. Incompetent????? I am hoping my streak of bad luck has ended for good -- it's really been a crappy week. The next thing I know Judy will send her bats my way [/QUOTE]

I hope you have a great day fishing, get the best speech therapist at that group, and things start looking up for you!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #183
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
That's so cool that Megan tried out and surprised you!

Andrea, you've had a very rough morning. Too bad she didn't call sooner so you could have gone fishing today.
yes it was....now just staying postive she'll get picked! Megan did say this morning she'd be okay if she didn't, so we'll see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
"Flake" is an appropriate description. Even if she's a good therapist I just can't deal with people that are that unreliable. Being in the medical profession I know how important it is to not make mistakes and this was a big error on her part!

Someone from the office called me back already and told me that the therapist who did our initial testing would provide the actual therapy and that she will be calling us today. She was outstanding in all regards and I did tell the office manager that b/c I didn't want to come across as a person that was never satisfied and always complaining -- even though all it seems like I do lately is whine

And Megan's thank you notes reminds me I need to get Alexa writing one today! Only about a month late on getting it done but I know the person getting it will understand and forgive when she sees it's my fault and not Alexa's.

We are waking at 3:45 tomorrow morning to go fishing! Even if she had called unless she called last night it would have ruined the fishing trip. But I'm more livid that I drove there, sat in the waiting room waiting for her for 25 minutes, and then finally found out she wasn't coming. I just looked at our home phone -- our appt was at 10:30am and she called our house at 10:49am. She called my cell at 10:53am and then called the office after that. Incompetent????? I am hoping my streak of bad luck has ended for good -- it's really been a crappy week. The next thing I know Judy will send her bats my way
I'm the same way, if you give me bad CS I'm done with you, bye-bye! happy they called back so soon and you're getting the good therapist

sounds like she called in a bit late to work too definate flake!
hoping for the same, you need some good news have fun fishing, but that's awfully early to wake up for some fish

Quote:
I hope you have a great day fishing, get the best speech therapist at that group, and things start looking up for you!!
I second this

Old 06-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #184
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you They are getting ds in tomorrow -- I work but dh can take him. It is with the therapist who did his evaluation and she is awesome. they have a date scheduled for next week too and then after that we can have the only regular opening the therapist has or if that doesn't work with our schedule they will gladly switch us to another therapist. I may have to switch b/c they gave us a Monday and I work about one Monday a month -- though dh may be able to get off early enough to take ds if it's just once a month. We don't like my mom driving the kids -- she's a fine driver on her own but the kids distract her in the car.

Off to bed -- I'd like to actually catch a fish tomorrow -- last time I was the only one who didn't catch a big fish I make dh do the bait and de-hooking ~ I just cast and reel and keep everyone company

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 06-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #185
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Thank you They are getting ds in tomorrow -- I work but dh can take him. It is with the therapist who did his evaluation and she is awesome. they have a date scheduled for next week too and then after that we can have the only regular opening the therapist has or if that doesn't work with our schedule they will gladly switch us to another therapist. I may have to switch b/c they gave us a Monday and I work about one Monday a month -- though dh may be able to get off early enough to take ds if it's just once a month. We don't like my mom driving the kids -- she's a fine driver on her own but the kids distract her in the car.

Off to bed -- I'd like to actually catch a fish tomorrow -- last time I was the only one who didn't catch a big fish I make dh do the bait and de-hooking ~ I just cast and reel and keep everyone company
great news Andrea hope the scheduling will all work out!
have fun fishing, hope you catch a BIG one!

well the day is FINALLY here! last day of school
have a couple errands to run and home for a bit before p/u Megan at 1215! then I will have a 7th grader in the house its a beautiful sunny day out already, maybe we will go enjoy it after school!

have a wonderful day

Old 06-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #186
cogero
DIS Veteran

Andrea the scheduling will work out, I sseem to spend my life from appointment to appointment.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
Old 06-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #187
babynala
DIS Veteran

How exciting that Megan tried out for the performance team with out a suggestion from mom. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. What a great opportunity for her.

Andrea - glad to hear everything is getting straightened out with the speech therapy. How frustrating to have to sit there and wait especially since she really didn't call you until after you were at the appointment. I hope you caught a BIG fish today.

for the last day of school. Yeah for summer!

Old 06-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #188
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
How exciting that Megan tried out for the performance team with out a suggestion from mom. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. What a great opportunity for her.

Andrea - glad to hear everything is getting straightened out with the speech therapy. How frustrating to have to sit there and wait especially since she really didn't call you until after you were at the appointment. I hope you caught a BIG fish today.

for the last day of school. Yeah for summer!
I had asked her a couple weeks before if she wanted to try out and said no, so it really surprise me she did!

so ready for school to be done! summer has officially started at our house

Old 06-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #189
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Andrea the scheduling will work out, I sseem to spend my life from appointment to appointment.
I so understand!
Quote:
I had asked her a couple weeks before if she wanted to try out and said no, so it really surprise me she did!

so ready for school to be done! summer has officially started at our house
SCHOOL IS OUT!!!!! I hope you sleep in vary late today!!! (Wish I could, ).

I am at a DISTINCT disadvantage NOT being on this FB page...You all keep making plans I have NO idea about...Feeling left out....I COULD join under Christian's FB name...

Okay Lisa, you said you and D~ Have planned pizza for us for one night to eat on this southern trip and I said spaghetti could be made in a HUGE pot (my specialty, even though I don't care for spaghetti and mine IS meat laden~ I always had to make it for my FIL and after tasting my MIL's I knew why )...WHERE is the southern food: do ya'll want fried chicken? Corn Bread? Pinto Beans??? Mac and Cheese? Homemade Biscuits? You have met me IRL, and after seeing me you KNOW I can cook!

The next question is what are we drinking? AHEM, I know some of you want something other than diet coke....

Everybody needs to post their drink choices..I will start!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:55 AM   #190
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Was anyone looking for this?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #191
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

My update: No fish were caught at all and that rarely happens -- the water was like bath water for some odd reason so dh figures the fish were out in colder water. We still had a really nice morning. The kids played on the beach area some building sand castles and throwing sand at each other , I sat in the sun and breeze and read (I am trying to make time to read more) and dd and ds got a lot of reading done as well which they need to for the library's summer book program. So we had a nice, peaceful morning and cam home early.

LISA: So glad school is finally out! Our school does NOT do make up days -- the public schools here do, but I think we only had one snow last winter and it was on a weekend, so even most public schools had nothing to make up.

JUDY: I'm in the dark too. I keep thinking about joining FB and just keeping everything private. Can't decide. Lisa did pm me yesterday on the pizza night and BBQ plans. You could make your mac and cheese as a side for BBQ night or we could have it for lunch one day. Alexa will not eat hamburgers or hot dogs so I may get some turkey burgers for her, but she loves shells and cheese! Alexa used to like hamburgers but once she found out they were from cows she won't touch them. We mainly eat turkey in our house b/c that's all dh will eat. I eat anything within reason (no dogs and I'm not interested in bat either ).

DIET PEPSI WILD CHERRY but you already know that! And I've cut way down too -- I'm trying to only have one a day though still end up with two on most days.

Speech went great yesterday for ds. The therapist said she is really just having to teach ds to breath properly when reading and thinks he will only be in therapy for a very short time. This was the therapist who did the testing and she is great. I didn't get to take ds in, but dh did and he said the therapist was right on track with everything we were noticing. We originally thought ds was delayed in reading, but he is not at all -- it's his speech that is making him struggle with the reading and most of his speech is anxiety related. The therapist said he is actually really smart which I don't hear often about him. Guess all that $$$ I'm spending on school is paying off!

Oh and Judy -- I do enjoy cocktails but don't drink often at all. I love a good Margarita, a fun flavored rum drink or a flavored martini. I have a drink about once a month. I'd probably drink more if it wasn't so expensive

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 06-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #192
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Lisa... Yay that school is out!!

Judy...

Well - I have been a good girl and I've managed to cut soda out of my diet completely! Water with lemon is my preferred drink - but I'll happily come with a bottle in my hand and an extra in case I need it. As for the *other* drinks... I'll drink anything - well, almost. I like mixed drinks, blended drinks, wine... Too easy to please sometimes. About the only thing I don't do is really hard liquor.

Whatever you want to make is fine... I didn't look at when you posted these questions, but I know you said that you need to reassess the situation with everything going on - I completely understand. Does anyone from the local area know of anywhere else we can go for a backup?

OK - need to get off this computer and get my butt in gear - gonna be a long day...

D~
Old 06-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #193
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Does anyone from the local area know of anywhere else we can go for a backup?

D~
We can go to Marianne's

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 06-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #194
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry you didn't catch any fish yesterday either. I'm sure there will be another time! My guys fish, I watch or take advantage of time to myself! Glad they could work him in with the good one!

Quote:
well the day is FINALLY here! last day of school
have a couple errands to run and home for a bit before p/u Megan at 1215! then I will have a 7th grader in the house its a beautiful sunny day out already, maybe we will go enjoy it after school!

have a wonderful day
Finally!! Enjoy the summer vacation time! When will Megan find out about the try outs?

Quote:
JUDY: I'm in the dark too. I keep thinking about joining FB and just keeping everything private. Can't decide.

Speech went great yesterday for ds. The therapist said she is really just having to teach ds to breath properly when reading and thinks he will only be in therapy for a very short time. This was the therapist who did the testing and she is great. I didn't get to take ds in, but dh did and he said the therapist was right on track with everything we were noticing. We originally thought ds was delayed in reading, but he is not at all -- it's his speech that is making him struggle with the reading and most of his speech is anxiety related. The therapist said he is actually really smart which I don't hear often about him. Guess all that $$$ I'm spending on school is paying off!
I'm not Judy, but I joined fb a few years ago to see if I would allow my oldest to be on it. I really love it! I have my settings at friends only. You can set pictures and things like that to only certain people being able to see it too.

Glad speech went well!

Quote:

Whatever you want to make is fine... I didn't look at when you posted these questions, but I know you said that you need to reassess the situation with everything going on - I completely understand. Does anyone from the local area know of anywhere else we can go for a backup?

D~
Again, I'm not Judy, but where ever she hooked us up with a motel last summer was very nice. It was a little suite, the motel had an indoor pool and I think it was around $90/night and right beside a Carrabbas.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #195
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I so understand!

SCHOOL IS OUT!!!!! I hope you sleep in vary late today!!! (Wish I could, ).

yah, you know that's not happening...I was up at 5:40!
I am at a DISTINCT disadvantage NOT being on this FB page...You all keep making plans I have NO idea about...Feeling left out....I COULD join under Christian's FB name...

that's an idea....its a private group! you're not being left out, I just need to be better at keeping you and Andrea informed of the updates....my bad

Okay Lisa, you said you and D~ Have planned pizza for us for one night to eat on this southern trip and I said spaghetti could be made in a HUGE pot (my specialty, even though I don't care for spaghetti and mine IS meat laden~ I always had to make it for my FIL and after tasting my MIL's I knew why )...WHERE is the southern food: do ya'll want fried chicken? Corn Bread? Pinto Beans??? Mac and Cheese? Homemade Biscuits? You have met me IRL, and after seeing me you KNOW I can cook!

we just thought it would be the easiest...we can do what ever for friday night.....homemade biscuits yes please mam! see I'm practicing my southern manners

The next question is what are we drinking? AHEM, I know some of you want something other than diet coke....

we are good with water, soda is a treat for us, so for me would be pepsi - will drink coke though, megan likes orange soda, sprite and rootbeer....for grown up drinks, margaritas and Love captain morgan rum

Everybody needs to post their drink choices..I will start!
Quote:
My update: No fish were caught at all and that rarely happens -- the water was like bath water for some odd reason so dh figures the fish were out in colder water. We still had a really nice morning. The kids played on the beach area some building sand castles and throwing sand at each other , I sat in the sun and breeze and read (I am trying to make time to read more) and dd and ds got a lot of reading done as well which they need to for the library's summer book program. So we had a nice, peaceful morning and cam home early.

sounds like a beautiful day

LISA: So glad school is finally out! Our school does NOT do make up days -- the public schools here do, but I think we only had one snow last winter and it was on a weekend, so even most public schools had nothing to make up.

ME TOO

JUDY: I'm in the dark too. I keep thinking about joining FB and just keeping everything private. Can't decide. Lisa did pm me yesterday on the pizza night and BBQ plans. You could make your mac and cheese as a side for BBQ night or we could have it for lunch one day. Alexa will not eat hamburgers or hot dogs so I may get some turkey burgers for her, but she loves shells and cheese! Alexa used to like hamburgers but once she found out they were from cows she won't touch them. We mainly eat turkey in our house b/c that's all dh will eat. I eat anything within reason (no dogs and I'm not interested in bat either ).

I'm a no on the bat too

DIET PEPSI WILD CHERRY but you already know that! And I've cut way down too -- I'm trying to only have one a day though still end up with two on most days.

great news! hope the therapy helps him improve quickly!!!

Oh and Judy -- I do enjoy cocktails but don't drink often at all. I love a good Margarita, a fun flavored rum drink or a flavored martini. I have a drink about once a month. I'd probably drink more if it wasn't so expensive
Quote:

Judy...

Well - I have been a good girl and I've managed to cut soda out of my diet completely! Water with lemon is my preferred drink - but I'll happily come with a bottle in my hand and an extra in case I need it. As for the *other* drinks... I'll drink anything - well, almost. I like mixed drinks, blended drinks, wine... Too easy to please sometimes. About the only thing I don't do is really hard liquor.

OK - need to get off this computer and get my butt in gear - gonna be a long day...

D~
I had posted that on the FB page....we need to find a back up place for the Saturday night get together....we have 17 moms, some kids and Judy's and Marianne guys....so probably 30-35 people...know we had talked about a park, but we won't know about the weather, probably need an inside place to be safe!

Quote:
We can go to Marianne's
not sure if her place is big enough

Quote:
Sorry you didn't catch any fish yesterday either. I'm sure there will be another time! My guys fish, I watch or take advantage of time to myself! Glad they could work him in with the good one!

Finally!! Enjoy the summer vacation time! When will Megan find out about the try outs?

we will....she tried out Monday, teacher said we should know in a week or so..

I'm not Judy, but I joined fb a few years ago to see if I would allow my oldest to be on it. I really love it! I have my settings at friends only. You can set pictures and things like that to only certain people being able to see it too.

Glad speech went well!

Again, I'm not Judy, but where ever she hooked us up with a motel last summer was very nice. It was a little suite, the motel had an indoor pool and I think it was around $90/night and right beside a Carrabbas.
we are looking for a place to have the evening get together Tink, everyone has their places to stay already figured out....we get to stay at Casa Judy's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: