Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 03:20 AM   #166
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I hope the choir performance went well last night and that today is a FUN day! Wish I had your baked goodies to enjoy, know they are yummy!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #167
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I hope the choir performance went well last night and that today is a FUN day! Wish I had your baked goodies to enjoy, know they are yummy!
the actual performance was great...unfortunately rehearsal was awful, never saw so many disrespectful children in my life! did not listen tothe teacher or me to quiet down, everytime she turned her back on them they went crazy! I got so many dirty looks and eye rolls, the teacher went off on them after that happend, sure they are going to get an earful from her today!

LOL about my baked goodies...they come from a box! not a scratch baker here I can make some when we come to visit!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #168
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
the actual performance was great...unfortunately rehearsal was awful, never saw so many disrespectful children in my life! did not listen tothe teacher or me to quiet down, everytime she turned her back on them they went crazy! I got so many dirty looks and eye rolls, the teacher went off on them after that happend, sure they are going to get an earful from her today!

LOL about my baked goodies...they come from a box! not a scratch baker here I can make some when we come to visit!
Sorry the kids were so disrespectful...that happened once at Christian's school in fifth grade...Easy going Mrs. B let them have it and they never forgot it, nor disrespected me ever again...it was truly quite funny. How did the rest of the weeks activities go? Weekend plans? OUr big plan for the day is hours at the hospital getting our rabies shots...

Wait a minute...you mean if you bake something from a box it doesn't count as homemade??? Seriously, when I DO bake it might be from scratch and it might be from a box...and it might be doctored up from a box...
Old 06-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #169
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Sorry about all the disrespect... I know I've said this before - but middle-schoolers, as a whole, are really naughty people - and I don't enjoy spending time with them. I tell my girls that on a daily basis (not them, of course... )

I hope you'll make some goodies like that for us in Charlotte!

D~
Old 06-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #170
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Sorry the kids were so disrespectful...that happened once at Christian's school in fifth grade...Easy going Mrs. B let them have it and they never forgot it, nor disrespected me ever again...it was truly quite funny. How did the rest of the weeks activities go? Weekend plans? OUr big plan for the day is hours at the hospital getting our rabies shots...

Wait a minute...you mean if you bake something from a box it doesn't count as homemade??? Seriously, when I DO bake it might be from scratch and it might be from a box...and it might be doctored up from a box...
It was a bad night, I think I was in a mood too, so that didn't help the banquet was very nice, Ms. Hyman wrote me a very sweet thank you and hoped I would be back next year, told her I would, just will make sure I'm not the only chaparone there next time!

I guess it is considered "homemade" even from the box, I did add the other ingrediants and baked them ....the only thing I bake from scratch is my xmas cookies!

think we might see BRAVE today...not sure about tomorrow, probably stay home and do hope the shots go quick today so you get home and can relax a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Sorry about all the disrespect... I know I've said this before - but middle-schoolers, as a whole, are really naughty people - and I don't enjoy spending time with them. I tell my girls that on a daily basis (not them, of course... )

I hope you'll make some goodies like that for us in Charlotte!

D~
yup, they are! I will glady do some baking while we are there, got to feed the wild beasts, um children already told Judy I would do the cooking for her when we are there, she deserves a break

Old 06-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #171
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks Andrea ....Megan wouldn't get out of the car today again at the cemetary, just too hard for her....we did see her grandpa today and he was very sweet to her....my dad's been gone over 9 years and miss him every day
Poor Megan. I can't imagine how hard a day like Father's Day is for Megan.

Megan looks cute as an Oompa Loompa. Glad it was a success.

I'm impressed that you were able to get all that scrapbooking done!

Old 06-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #172
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Poor Megan. I can't imagine how hard a day like Father's Day is for Megan.

Megan looks cute as an Oompa Loompa. Glad it was a success.

I'm impressed that you were able to get all that scrapbooking done!
thanks for the hug Liz....it was a tough day, we just get through them all the best we can...

they really did look great and was fun....we must of made some good money with the tickets since I'm getting my money back afterall from the supplies I bought

somedays I get on a good roll for scrapping, it helps when I'm using pre-made pieces from the different swaps we do here on the DIS!

hope we can get our plans made soon on when to meet up!

didn't do much today, decided to stay home....I did finish up my blankets for the orphanage and we watched "Big Miracle" the whales trapped in the ice in AK , it was pretty good!

three more days of school and they we are free for the summer!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #173
mommy2mrb

have some fun news to share.....Megan surprised the heck out of me tonight at ballet....her friend was going to try out for the performance team so she decided to try out also!

we will find out in about a week if she make the team! they do 10 performances throughout the year, I will have to do some volunteering for half of those and a few other meetings, etc.

but the really exciting part is.....drumroll please....they are performing at DISNEYLAND in January how cool is that!!! will entail doing LOTS of fundraising, but heck to have this opportunity is priceless!

so please send some pixie dust and her way! will post as soon as we hear anything

Old 06-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #174
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
have some fun news to share.....Megan surprised the heck out of me tonight at ballet....her friend was going to try out for the performance team so she decided to try out also!

we will find out in about a week if she make the team! they do 10 performances throughout the year, I will have to do some volunteering for half of those and a few other meetings, etc.

but the really exciting part is.....drumroll please....they are performing at DISNEYLAND in January how cool is that!!! will entail doing LOTS of fundraising, but heck to have this opportunity is priceless!

so please send some pixie dust and her way! will post as soon as we hear anything
OMG! That sounds exciting! Good luck to Megan and chaperone Lisa!

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 06-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #175
blessedmom4

Lisa, I am so proud of Megan for doing this on her own and surprising you. She is one tough, kind-hearted young lady and I KNOW she will make a team and you WILL be busier than ever!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #176
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Lisa!!! That is amazing!!! Oh, I just know she will get it! How awesome!

D~
Old 06-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #177
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
OMG! That sounds exciting! Good luck to Megan and chaperone Lisa!
I know, doesn't it! thanks

Quote:
Lisa, I am so proud of Megan for doing this on her own and surprising you. She is one tough, kind-hearted young lady and I KNOW she will make a team and you WILL be busier than ever!!!
me too, really shocked me...it will keep me busier, but I do need to stay busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Lisa!!! That is amazing!!! Oh, I just know she will get it! How awesome!

D~
going to be a long week until she finds out....thanks for all the well wishes, keep your fingers crossed!

Old 06-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #178
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

OK ladies, since I've been hogging Judy's ptr with all my problems Lisa invited me here to vent. I was hoping the venting would be over, but I really do need to share about my morning....

(Lisa is going to be sorry she invited me here!)

So, my ds was seen for a physical in Feb and I asked for a speech referral. He had minimal speech therapy in K and his grade school teachers past that said he was fine. However, I still sometimes have a hard time understanding him, especially when he reads aloud -- if I don't follow along I can't understand half of what he says. So we finally got an evaluation on April 8 (just took that long due to insurance). We got a letter of approval on May15 for therapy which stated the office would contact us. Two weeks pass so I call them and they tell me they have ten working days (which it was) but I digress. Finally on a Friday evening while we were out we received a message from a therapist (this was June 8). Monday morning I call her back and leave a message. Now it's Thursday so I call her again thinking something went awry with her vm, but no, she just hadn't gotten back to me yet but "was going to call me today" kind of thing. First appt gets scheduled for this morning, June 26, b/c she was on vacation the prior week.

So this morning we leave the house at 10am. Get to the office at 10:25am. Check in for our appt with Stacy. Sit down. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait some more. Check my phone -- it's 10:45. Wait more. Check my phone at 10:53 -- there is a message -- I had turned the ringer off since it's a waiting room and I'm polite like that. Just as I start to check the vm the front desk calls me up and Stacy is on the phone to talk to me. She cancels the appt and states she left me a text message at ###-#### which is my home phone (which does NOT accept texts!!!!). She is carrying on that her plane got in at 3am last night, yada, yada and did truly apologize, but I was furious. My dh is off work this week and wanted to take the kids and I fishing this morning but we couldn't due to ds's appt. No doubt I'm angry but I tell her we will be there next week and see her then and hang up as she is still trying to carry on with her excuses.

So, on the way home I decide it's best to speak to the office manager after I cool down a bit. At first the front desk only wanted to take a message for me but I asked again to speak to her and they put me through. She was very nice, listened to my whole story and I did tell her I wanted a different therapist and she said if one didn't contact me within 72 hours to call her back.

I also told her the therapist who did our initial evaluation was wonderful, but wanted to reiterate that the one assigned to us for the actual therapy needed to be changed . I just am irritated with her and her lack of skills in contacting me, not once, but twice. I hope she is a good therapist but in my book she isn't considerate enough as a professional.

So that was my morning. How are things with you Lisa?

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 06-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #179
mommy2mrb

I'm not sorry in the least Andrea....we are here to support each other NO matter what!

I'd be ticked off too....hello she knew she was going to be late, think she made the excuse she had texted your house # to cover her tush! you made the right decision talking to the office manager, hope they can get you switched to the other therapist! the other one sounds like a flake and a half and might continue to screw up future appts!
personally I wouldn't wait the 72 hours to hear from anyone, call tomorrow afternoon!
hope this will all work out so your DS gets the therapy he needs

try to enjoy the rest of the day

my day in compare is good, made TY notes for Megan to write in for her teachers and got some scrapping done too! almost done with our Feb DLR trip!

Old 06-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #180
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

That's so cool that Megan tried out and surprised you!

Andrea, you've had a very rough morning. Too bad she didn't call sooner so you could have gone fishing today.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: