Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #46
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place

Good idea to do on departure day, especially before a long flight or car trip. Was it a real "power walk" pace, or more like a brisk walk? Did Dave give you information about the park while you walked? Sounds really fun, glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the tips!
Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #47
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygoose View Post
Good idea to do on departure day, especially before a long flight or car trip. Was it a real "power walk" pace, or more like a brisk walk? Did Dave give you information about the park while you walked? Sounds really fun, glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the tips!
I did it in jeans since I did not bring exercise pants, and I was fine. I would say it's a brisk walk. Faster than a child could walk, so that might be one reason why it's 14 and up. Dave said it was 14 and up so it would be in line with the same age restriction for some of the work out facilities.

Dave was very knowledgeable about Disney. We talked about many things, from the number of CMs at DLR to Disney Cruise Line ships. I think he'd have an answer to pretty much anything I wanted to know. He told us that while other CMs may be the Power Walk leaders through the resort on those days, that he will always be the person going through DCA, barring illness/vacation of course.

He mentioned that there might be the occasional weekend day this year, where the walk goes into DCA. One of those things to look up when you get your hotel schedule at check-in.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #48
fbb
Mouseketeer

ValpoCory, thanks for the report. I look forward to trying this when we are at the GCH Feb 24-Mar 1. Are you going to do a post-trip report?

I have stalked you on the forum for years, due to your knowledge of the HEB gift card deals, and you've saved my family tons of $$$. Thanks.
fbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #49
TheChapman6
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to look into it while I'm there in may.

Pepper Wife to ScottTrenton(11)Trevor(10)Tr istan(9) Tracen(6)Tressa(4). Truett(2)
TheChapman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #50
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb View Post
ValpoCory, thanks for the report. I look forward to trying this when we are at the GCH Feb 24-Mar 1. Are you going to do a post-trip report?

I have stalked you on the forum for years, due to your knowledge of the HEB gift card deals, and you've saved my family tons of $$$. Thanks.
Thanks fbb! I love H-E-B. Another great story about them that just happened today ... our family had bought one of these nice Disney ear balloons:

We took it to Guest Services on our check-out day, and asked about deflating them. The CM wasn't sure how to do it, but offered me a pair of scissors. I managed to cut off the clip and safely deflate the balloon.

Once home, I knew the inflation would be tough, so I took it to Party City, where they refused to even try. I then went to H-E-B, and the employees there considered it a challenge, and I got to help blow up the ears first, then the body, and then finally blow up the outer balloon. We had fun doing it, and my DD7 walked out with a huge smile on her face, holding the balloon.

Last edited by ValpoCory; 02-04-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #51
thunderbird1
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad to hear they are working to incorporate the DCA Power Walk into the schedule. It is one of my favorite perks of staying at the GCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Call ahead and reserve your spot, although I think you'd be fine if you just showed up at 6:55am.
As long as other people have signed up, I think you'd be fine, too. I actually tried just showing up a couple of years ago, along with another guest, and because no one had signed up, they had cancelled it. So sad!

Now I make sure to sign up no matter what! I figure I can always call to cancel if I can't make it, but don't want to risk missing out!

Survivor of Experiment 6/26: 6 parks in 1 day 6/26/12!
thunderbird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #52
AmongMadPeople
We're all mad here...

This sounds like a cool experience! This is available for any Disneyland hotel guest, right?

We're staying Wednesday-Tuesday on an upcoming trip, first at VGC, then Disneyland Hotel. I'm hesitant to do this on Thursday, because it would be my very first time stepping foot into any Disneyland park. Tuesday we fly home, which would work okay, but we'll be at the DLH.
AmongMadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #53
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmongMadPeople View Post
This sounds like a cool experience! This is available for any Disneyland hotel guest, right?

We're staying Wednesday-Tuesday on an upcoming trip, first at VGC, then Disneyland Hotel. I'm hesitant to do this on Thursday, because it would be my very first time stepping foot into any Disneyland park. Tuesday we fly home, which would work okay, but we'll be at the DLH.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Yes, the power walks are open to any DLR guest, not just the GCH guests.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: