Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 03:07 AM   #16
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Well, apparently turnout was so bad, they have already returned the GU&GPW to going through DCA park. I called the front desk today, and they confirmed. One thing that was slightly confusing is that they told me it was 7:30am every day, year round. As you know, through at least August 24th, DCA opens to the general public at 8am every day, and has EMH or APEE at 7am every day. So it's not clear how the power walkers avoid the crowds. Possibly, there is a slight chance the CM was mistaken, and it's actually at 6:30am?

Personally I'd never do the power walk at the expense of valuable early entry ride time. Luckily, we are going in January, when the parks traditionally open at 10am and 9am for Early Entry, so a 7:30am GU&GPW through DCA is perfect.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #17
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Has anyone tried this since June 15th?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #18
trampslady
I stop and watch the Norway video always, even when others are trampling over me!

bump!

"Life is a banquet, and most poor fools are starving to death." -Auntie Mame
trampslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #19
pirate_smiles
Watching the world through the eyes of my kids in California

Quote:
Originally Posted by trampslady View Post
bump!
Bumpity bump also. Going in September and wondering if anyone has done this?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #20
kelby86
Mouseketeer

I am going next month and interested to know if anyone has done this recently and the information!
kelby86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #21
dana278
Mouseketeer

I don't know specifics because I didn't do the walk, but for what it's worth when I was walking through Downtown Disney this past Sunday morning around 8am (towards the parks) i saw a group of four people (the guide and three guests) heading back towards the DLH.
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #22
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
I don't know specifics because I didn't do the walk, but for what it's worth when I was walking through Downtown Disney this past Sunday morning around 8am (towards the parks) i saw a group of four people (the guide and three guests) heading back towards the DLH.
Thanks for the report. I would guess that on days when DCA opens early, the Power Walk starts at the DLH and goes through Downtown Disney. And then on days when DCA opens later, they'll meet in the GCH and go into DCA.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #23
czmom
DIS Veteran

Has anyone done this walk since September??? I am curious how it is currently working.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #24
2boysmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Has anyone done this walk since September??? I am curious how it is currently working.
Curious as well...headed to DL in 15 days and would love to do the morning walks, espeically since park openings aren't until 10 am!
2boysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #25
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
We didn't DO the walk in October, but we were planning to - until we got the details. They told me that the walk was still through DTD rather than the parks, and it started at the same time as EMH. So we would have had to choose between EMH and the walk, and of course EMH won out. It's possible that when the parks open a little later that they won't overlap, but they said that it was probably going to stay in DTD from now on.

Bummer.

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic
Fall 2014 ~ DF's Birthday Extravaganza!
*January 2015 ~ Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend*
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*

Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half Marathon Weekend / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #26
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Goddess View Post
We didn't DO the walk in October, but we were planning to - until we got the details. They told me that the walk was still through DTD rather than the parks, and it started at the same time as EMH. So we would have had to choose between EMH and the walk, and of course EMH won out. It's possible that when the parks open a little later that they won't overlap, but they said that it was probably going to stay in DTD from now on.

Bummer.
Uh, yeah, if still through DTD AND at the expense of EMH, that makes it a pretty easy decision to save my walking for the parks.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #27
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Goddess View Post

Bummer.
Major bummer. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #28
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
Uh, yeah, if still through DTD AND at the expense of EMH, that makes it a pretty easy decision to save my walking for the parks.
Yep. Too bad.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #29
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

I called them from the GCH I think November 1, 2012 and they also stated it only goes through Downtown Disney. I didn't try it to be sure...I actually had a free morning, but I was tired after 2 full days in the parks so I chose to sleep in. Assuming the walk really went through Downtown Disney, I believe made the right choice.
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

It's back! I just checked in to the VGC yesterday (best ... hotel ... ever, by the way), and they announced that starting this Tuesday, January 29th at 6:55am, DLR guests can meet at the Grand Californian Hotel's Grand Entrance, the one into DCA, for a Get Up & Go Power Walk through DCA.

I signed up to do it while the DW and DKids sleep in a little. Any DISers out there care to join me Tuesday morning for the first pre-opening Power Walk inside DCA since Cars Land opened? I hope they take us down Route 66.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: