Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #76
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Does anybody ever look at the blog OhMyVera? Apparently some of the stores are having the Winter 2012 preview now and she posted a little video/pictures of 3 of the patterns. Sounds like there will be another set for winter too. It is so hard to keep up with all the patterns these days. There's 6 coming out for fall, and then atleast 3 more for winter?! Crazy!

Here's the link to the Winter patterns. What do you think? I think Ribbons is cute.
http://www.ohmyvera.com/
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 06-18-2012 at 05:45 PM.
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #77
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey View Post
I bought the Saddle Up, Turn Lock Wallet, & of course, matching key chain in Limes Up. These were my first VB purchases. EVER. It was a "girls' weekend" and all the cool kids were doing it. I've wanted a VB for a while, but never took the time to look for one. I LOVE mine! I want to buy myself a Hipster for the WDW, and a mini Hipster for DD's 12th bday. Finding a pattern is what's so hard. I like Viva la Vera, because it matches everything, but my BFF has it & I don't wanna steal her pattern! I would like something kinda like Symphony in Hue, but I don't see it in the Hipsters. I guess I'll wait for the Fall collection.
I love all the colors, but it's so hard trying to pick a favorite, especially when you're trying to match everything. I like the navy and the black designs so that it can somewhat match everything. I love my Camellia , it really does go with everything!

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #78
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
As I search for the PERFECT park bag (found really really great ones, but nothing perfect yet), I of course found out that DISers like Vera Bradley. I had never heard of it before.

And at first glance, I wanted to puke. I thought the prints were hideous, garish, and bag-lady looking. But I couldn't stop from reading posts day after day over how much DISers love their Vera bags. And picture after picture showed women my age or younger (and some more experienced - no one older of course ) with cute bags that even with their print, didn't compete with them or overwhelm them.

So I got an Amazon gift certificate for a work reward and thought I'd try one out. I ordered the hipster in the darkest color I could find that I thought the print would suit me (happy snails). I got it last fall, used it and was teased by my family for carrying it....

Even my DD8 is on the bandwagon. We love to share our Vera items and figure out the best way to accessorize our carry-on bags and our purses.
My eldest grand daughter used to tease me about my Vera Bradley bags, calling them 'Granny Bags'. Then a couple of years ago, she came over and I caught her in the spare bedroom closet where I keep all my Vera Bradley stuff. She had stuff scattered all over the bed, floor, dresser, etc, organized in piles. (I collect flip flops also and she and both my daugher-in-laws are always going shopping in my flip flop collection, so I knew exactly what she was up to). I still asked her what she was doing and she asked if she could have those (and pointed to a pile of purses, wallets, makeup bags, a small and a large duffel, a few wristlets, a couple of totes, two backpacks, and a few odds and ends that were in one pile on the bed). I almost fainted. I told her no way, there was absolutely no way I'd push off all those "Granny Bags" on her, as there was no way I'd want her friends to make fun of her. I reminded her how she's always made fun of my Vera Bradley stuff. She informed me that the 'cool kids' in her school had started carrying them and now everyone wanted them. She said she and her mom (my exD-I-L) had went shopping for them, but they were too expensive, so she just knew I'd want my "favorite grand daughter" to be in style, so could she please go shopping in my closet, like she does for flip flops all the time. After giving her a hard time for awhile, I finally told her she could pick one small and one large duffel, a couple of wristlets, one large tote, one back pack, one mini hipster, one lanyard with zip ID, and then one purse, wallet, makeup bag, and tech bag set that matched. I also gave her one VB pen and pencil set that she hadn't seen yet, because they were in my computer room. Unfortunately she picked mostly stuff I had just bought. She was happy with her choices, but then stuck her lip out, gazed longingly at the rest of the stuff I told her to put back in the closet and said "Are you sure you don't want to give me anything else and if not, can I bring this stuff back later and trade it in for some different colors, so everyone will just think I have alot?"

Last edited by aubriee; 06-19-2012 at 01:54 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #79
aubriee

Quote:
I bought the Saddle Up, Turn Lock Wallet, & of course, matching key chain in Limes Up. These were my first VB purchases. EVER. It was a "girls' weekend" and all the cool kids were doing it. I've wanted a VB for a while, but never took the time to look for one. I LOVE mine! I want to buy myself a Hipster for the WDW, and a mini Hipster for DD's 12th bday. Finding a pattern is what's so hard. I like Viva la Vera, because it matches everything, but my BFF has it & I don't wanna steal her pattern! I would like something kinda like Symphony in Hue, but I don't see it in the Hipsters. I guess I'll wait for the Fall collection.
I've got a Symphony in Hue mini hipster. Have you checked on ebay? That's where I got mine. I also got a all in one wristlet, tech bag, a trip kit, a make up bag, and a Villager in Symphony in Hue all on ebay. All were new with tags. I carry the wristlet just about every time I go to WDW, because it pretty much goes with anything.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #80
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I bought that one in Lime's Up for our trip 2 weeks ago and it was the perfect size for everything. I got the matching Zip ID and it worked perfect for the cash I was carrying and I could put my ticket and room kep in the back zipper section. I'm a larger girl and it easily went across me and didn't weigh me down like the hipster did.
I have a zip id in night and day and I just tried it out with the purse last night. I'm glad to hear it worked for you - I can't wait to try it out at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollynholly View Post
http://www.verabradley.com/category/...937/pc/638.uts

Almost makes me want to go back to school, not quite though!
But how much fun!?!
Cute - for school or a single girl. My DH would sleep in another bed though He's still miffed I was able to get purple carpet in our room (it is a dark, dark purple and everything else in the room is ivory, beige, and dark wood - so it's not girlie at all). Maybe I can get it for DD and sleep in her room sometimes

Quote:
Check out ebay. Some folks sell new Veras with tags. If you like a style and color, it might also be cheaper than what it was normally. I just got a Libby style doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
My eldest grand daughter used to tease me about my Vera Bradley bags, calling them 'Granny Bags'. Then a couple of years ago, she came over and I caught her in the spare bedroom closet where I keep all my Vera Bradley stuff. She had stuff scattered all over the bed, floor, dresser, etc, organized in piles. (I collect flip flops also and she and both my daugher-in-laws are always going shopping in my flip flop collection, so I knew exactly what she was up to). I still asked her what she was doing and she asked if she could have those (and pointed to a pile of purses, wallets, makeup bags, a small and a large duffel, a few wristlets, a couple of totes, two backpacks, and a few odds and ends that were in one pile on the bed). I almost fainted. I told her no way, there was absolutely no way I'd push off all those "Granny Bags" on her, as there was no way I'd want her friends to make fun of her. I reminded her how she's always made fun of my Vera Bradley stuff. She informed me that the 'cool kids' in her school had started carrying them and now everyone wanted them. She said she and her mom (my exD-I-L) had went shopping for them, but they were too expensive, so she just knew I'd want my "favorite grand daughter" to be in style, so could she please go shopping in my closet, like she does for flip flops all the time. After giving her a hard time for awhile, I finally told her she could pick one small and one large duffel, a couple of wristlets, one large tote, one back pack, one mini hipster, one lanyard with zip ID, and then one purse, wallet, makeup bag, and tech bag set that matched. I also gave her one VB pen and pencil set that she hadn't seen yet, because they were in my computer room. Unfortunately she picked mostly stuff I had just bought. She was happy with her choices, but then stuck her lip out, gazed longingly at the rest of the stuff I told her to put back in the closet and said "Are you sure you don't want to give me anything else and if not, can I bring this stuff back later and trade it in for some different colors, so everyone will just think I have alot?"
This is histerical! How interesting that Vera is the new thing for the young set. And how lucky for her that her grandmother has a collection. You are awfully nice to do that for her.

But I will say that some of the prints I have seen look like something my grandma would have carried her knitting needles around in.

But then again, that's what's nice about Vera - the wide selection of styles, colors, and prints that appeal to everyone.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #81
Maryrn11168
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post

This is histerical! How interesting that Vera is the new thing for the young set. And how lucky for her that her grandmother has a collection. You are awfully nice to do that for her.

But I will say that some of the prints I have seen look like something my grandma would have carried her knitting needles around in.

But then again, that's what's nice about Vera - the wide selection of styles, colors, and prints that appeal to everyone.
It is very popular with the younger set. When I do lunch duty at my children's school (grades 3-8) almost every girl has something Vera. Either their lunch box, change purse, wallet. Many use Vera backpacks, they seem to love it! I love mine and my daughter keeps trying to take it!

Honeymoon-Swan 1997,AKL 5/02, Off site 11/02, Hilton Head 8/03, OKW 11/03, Hilton Head 8/04, BCV 5/05, Boardwalk 5/06, Vero Beach 8/07, VWL 5/2008, Magic Western 10/08, BWV 11/08, HHI 8/09, Magic Eastern 3/10, SSR 10/10, Vero Beach 8/11, Dream 5-night 8/11, BLT 8/11, Disney 1/2 Marathon 1/12, 5/12 SSR, 6/12 Magic Weekend Getaway, 7/12 BCV, 9/13 DVC Member Cruise, 10/13 BCV, 2nd 1/2 Marathon BCV 1/14
Maryrn11168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:00 AM   #82
aubriee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrn11168 View Post
It is very popular with the younger set. When I do lunch duty at my children's school (grades 3-8) almost every girl has something Vera. Either their lunch box, change purse, wallet. Many use Vera backpacks, they seem to love it! I love mine and my daughter keeps trying to take it!
The kids around here didn't start carrying them until just a couple of years ago. A few of the more popular girls started carrying them, then suddenly they were on everybody's 'must have list'. It's funny how just a few girls can influence a whole school.

My grand daughter always made fun of my VB and said she would never be caught dead carrying one of those granny bags, yet now every times she comes to see me, she makes a bee line for my VB closet and asks if I have anything new I might want to get rid of. When I was in Orlando this past May, I ran over to the VB outlet and picked up an angled tote in Simply Violet and also a Double ID wristlet in Folkloric. She found them when I got back and reminded me that she loves purples and also loves wristlets. When I told her she wouldn't want them because they were retired colors, she told me she didn't care. She then found a Simply Violet wristlet and a Simply Violet makeup bag, I already had and got all excited and said, "see it was meant to be, three things in my favorite color". I laughed and told her to come with me. I then took her in my regular closet and pulled down a pair of bright purple wedge flip flops. They were not VB, but still cute and matched the Simply Violet. Of course she had to have those too.

Last edited by aubriee; 06-23-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #83
tlovesdis
Disneyland Obsessed!!!
My room has a Mickey theme!

Thanks to this thread and all of you horrible enablers, I ended up ordering a lanyard and id holder! Gee thanks! LOL

Disneyland - December 6-9, 2014 (Birthday trip)

WDW January 22-27, 2015
Kidani Village AKL
First trip to the WORLD!!!
tlovesdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #84
callicourt
Earning My Ears

Do any of y'all ever use the Weekender bag when flying? It's the *perfect* bag to use as a carry-on. My students tease me about my Vera...it's just too cute not to use

"I believe in being an innovator."--Walt Disney

Follow our Disney adventures at www.callicutt.wordpress.com.

Hakuna Matata: My First PTR

Disney Extravaganza!
callicourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #85
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by callicourt View Post
Do any of y'all ever use the Weekender bag when flying? It's the *perfect* bag to use as a carry-on. My students tease me about my Vera...it's just too cute not to use
I purchased the weekender last week for that purpose. I absolutely love it, we are going to Disneyland in August and I can't wait to use it I will use a mini hipster as my purse for the trip, I plan to keep the mini hipster in the traveler while flying having only one carry on to keep up and use under seat so I have full access to all of my stuff.

Echo queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #86
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
I am going to Boston with my dad and sister later this summer. We're only going for a couple of days so I am definitely thinking about buying one of the weekenders!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #87
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't, but I think it's so cute, I got the large duffel for flying- but I think I'm going to have to get a weekender soon too!

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #88
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post
I don't, but I think it's so cute, I got the large duffel for flying- but I think I'm going to have to get a weekender soon too!
I got the large duffel for travel as well but it seems to big to me, I got it before my WDW trip at the end of May but it's just too big, I think if it was my only bag (no checked luggage) it would work. So I have yet to use my beautiful Ellie blue duffle

Echo queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #89
callicourt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post
I have a large duffel that I use for my checked luggage...it's much easier to spot in baggage claim! My husband uses "man luggage," that's also quite roomy, so I usually stick some of my stuff in his bag too

"I believe in being an innovator."--Walt Disney

Follow our Disney adventures at www.callicutt.wordpress.com.

Hakuna Matata: My First PTR

Disney Extravaganza!
callicourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #90
aubriee

Quote:
I agree! I've flown with mine twice and love it for under the seat. It holds alot more than the small duffel, but is not near as big as the large duffel. Even full it's easy to carry around the airport due to the long shoulder strap that can be worn crossbody. I got mine back last winter when they had the English Meadow print on sale, but wished I had waited. I really the newest prints better, but can't see buying another Weekender, when I only use it a few times a year.

I got the Get Carried Away Tote in the same English Meadow print at the same time, but don't like it near as well. In fact, I've never used it. It's just too big and deep. I love the small and large duffels though.

Last edited by aubriee; 06-25-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: