Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #271
snowcupid
Mouseketeer

I got my daughter a mini hipster in In Bloom and myself a hipster in Navy Twirly Birds. We are now obsessed. I bought both of us bags to carry on the plane as our personal items and bought her a lanyard for school. These are SO popular at her school this year too... I had never really paid attention to it until I was looking for something for Disney. I seriously have to stop myself from buying more- I really like it!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #272
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Stalking Vera and making a decision! part 2

The Hunt
I stalked the bags for about a week online and in the local Hallmark and Dillard's stores. I even drove about 40 miles RT to check out the new VB store in the mall. It was so hard to not only decide which pattern to get but also which style to get.

I really wanted a piece to replace my ugly little black suitcase that I use as a carry-on for short trips. I thought the Large Duffel would be perfect! And frankly all the chatty sales people just made it harder to choose! Geeze, let a girl think in peace!

Well, I finally broke down and bought both a large duffel in Baroque and a Get Carried Away tote in the new Provencal. I couldn't decide.

I did a practice pack last night and I was ecstatic that everything fit so well in the Large Duffel using my packing cubes. Only problem was I don't think I could carry it from the parking garage into the airport at home! It was quite heavy even to me. I don't know how all the little sorority girls do it!

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP, right after Thanksgiving • 2002 - short visit after conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; even did Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

mickey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #273
snowcupid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
Just ordered the Hanging Organizer in Indigo Pop and an Accordian Wallet in Happy Snails to match my favorite Hipster. I've been thinking about ordering the New Mini Hipster for my trip to Disney next Feb. I have the old Mini Hipster. I'm waiting for a better selection of colors, want a bag with lots of colors so it will pretty much match whatever I'm wearing. Wondering for those of you that have the old and new style, which do you prefer. Don't want to order the new one and hate it. Pros and cons of each?
THe new mini hipster has an ajustable strap. My daughter preferred the old one though because she likes the velcro - the new one has a snap closer.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #274
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Stalking Vera and making a decision! part 3

Then I tried the Get Carried Away tote as just a carry-on for my things I need to keep with me on the plane (I can check the ugly bag with DME) like medications, toiletries, iPad, camera, change of clothes, etc. Well, it didn't seem to be too comfortable either. I think that one could be a little smaller, but still felt heavy. (I really didn't realize I was this high maintenance!)

Well, I am taking them both back after work today. I am thinking about getting either just a smaller tote like maybe the Vera or Miller that I can also use daily to for work or trying the Weekender in place of the Get Carried Away tote.

Also, somewhere in between I received a $20 certificate for the website for signing up for emails and I have decided to visit the outlet store on my Halloween trip to Disney.

Sooooo, what do you guys think? Should I try the weekender? or a smaller tote for now? Either way I will order online now instead of Dillard's.
:

TIA for any help!

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP, right after Thanksgiving • 2002 - short visit after conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; even did Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 09-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #275
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
Then I tried the Get Carried Away tote as just a carry-on for my things I need to keep with me on the plane (I can check the ugly bag with DME) like medications, toiletries, iPad, camera, change of clothes, etc. Well, it didn't seem to be too comfortable either. I think that one could be a little smaller, but still felt heavy. (I really didn't realize I was this high maintenance!)

Well, I am taking them both back after work today. I am thinking about getting either just a smaller tote like maybe the Vera or Miller that I can also use daily to for work or trying the Weekender in place of the Get Carried Away tote.

Also, somewhere in between I received a $20 certificate for the website for signing up for emails and I have decided to visit the outlet store on my Halloween trip to Disney.

Sooooo, what do you guys think? Should I try the weekender? or a smaller tote for now? Either way I will order online now instead of Dillard's.
:

TIA for any help!

That's hard to say, because I absolutely love my large duffle and my Get Carried Away, I just used it for the first time this past weekend and I am in love with this bag. I am not, however in love with my weekender, mine is a couple of years old and I use it when we go away for a week to pack undergarments, swimwear and some other smaller clothing items seperate from my other clothes, but otherwise it serves no purpose for me. I even use my large duffle for weekends, because I tend to over-pack. I have had no trouble stuffing it full and carrying it, but I usually carry a large, heavy purse, so I gues I'm used to it.

For me, the bigger, the better.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #276
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

PrincessSuzanne- what is it that you don't like so much about the weekender? Too small? Too structured?

Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #277
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

I'm just not a VB fan. I see so many of them around town and on campus. They seem to be popular with the young crowd. I just can't purchase a VB though. The patterns look like something my grandma would have used in the 70's and 80's. Dooney & Bourke handbags are my obsession.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #278
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I use the Companion Attachι for traveling and absolutely love it. I like that it has the laptop compartment and a ka-zillion different pockets in it...the only negative part is the handle is too short....so I had to buy a longer strap for it to fit over my shoulder!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #279
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Well, I returned both of the bags to Dillard's after work but decided maybe I really do like the Get Carried Away tote. So I ordered it direct from the VB website using my $20 gift certificate/coupon! I got the Symphony in Hue which is on sale for $74.99 a penny shy of the $75 minimum for the coupon! So I added a matching ditty bag also on sale and a new iD card keychain. All together it was just over $100 which qualified for free shipping! YAY! Maybe I can sleep well tonight without visions of Vera patterns running through my mind!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #280
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, I returned both of the bags to Dillard's after work but decided maybe I really do like the Get Carried Away tote. So I ordered it direct from the VB website using my $20 gift certificate/coupon! I got the Symphony in Hue which is on sale for $74.99 a penny shy of the $75 minimum for the coupon! So I added a matching ditty bag also on sale and a new iD card keychain. All together it was just over $100 which qualified for free shipping! YAY! Maybe I can sleep well tonight without visions of Vera patterns running through my mind!

Visions of Vera Patterns running through your head! I love it! You got a GREAT deal on those bags. You made out like a bandit. I love Vera Sales. I want a new grand traveler in one of the new patterns but FH will kill me in my sleep if i purchase another Vera Piece as it is the collection in my closet is 120 pieces deep and I have to make room to store my wedding dress next month until 10/27. (My closet is VERY tiny) Hmmmm Maybe I'll sneak a wallet in there next week when i get to visit an authentic Vera Bradley store instead of the Authorized retailers in my area!!!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #281
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

Metropolitan?

You vera lovers...a while back I bought a Metropolitan bag that I thought would be perfect for my carryon purse. I liked that it had a padded sleeve for the ipad and my Nook, so I felt like they would be protected better. Now that I'm getting ready for our trip and figuring out which bags I would like to take to make things easier. I almost feel like I'm not sure about the Metropolitan being the best bag, and maybe I should just go with a tote....but DH will kill me if I don't use this bag which I HAD to have for the purpose of airline travel

Just looking for some opinions if you used this, and if you have indeed liked it or not?

I think I'm in Vera Overload right now and think each bag is better than the last
IBLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #282
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Vera outlet store near WDW

While I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my first VB bags, I have already begun to think about what else I would like. I know I want a several of the smaller pieces but I told myself to wait on those until I can go to the VB Outlet on my next trip to Disney which will be the week of Halloween.

So, to the pros out there...what kind of selection and pricing do they typically have at that store at the Premium Outlets on Vineland? Any different than a full VB store? Barring any 20-30% off everything sales, are their regular prices less than full price? Do they carry both current and retired patterns?

I know that a lot of "outlet" stores don't seem to have reduced prices over their regular stores. I am hoping VB is a little better.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #283
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
PrincessSuzanne- what is it that you don't like so much about the weekender? Too small? Too structured?
Yes, it's too small for me. I can't fit a weekends worth of clothes in it.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #284
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLarsen View Post
You vera lovers...a while back I bought a Metropolitan bag that I thought would be perfect for my carryon purse. I liked that it had a padded sleeve for the ipad and my Nook, so I felt like they would be protected better. Now that I'm getting ready for our trip and figuring out which bags I would like to take to make things easier. I almost feel like I'm not sure about the Metropolitan being the best bag, and maybe I should just go with a tote....but DH will kill me if I don't use this bag which I HAD to have for the purpose of airline travel

Just looking for some opinions if you used this, and if you have indeed liked it or not?

I think I'm in Vera Overload right now and think each bag is better than the last
The Metropolitan is my 2nd favorite compared to the companion Attachι! I love that it, too, has the slip sleeve to go over rolling luggage, and carries a LOT. It's not huge like the Grand Traveler or Weekender, just big enough to carry necessities you don't want to risk carrying in your on-board luggage.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #285
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

I love the metropolitan. I don't use it for air travel because I like my rolling Vera 17" luggage that has a laptop sleeve built in(which usually i store my unpacked park backpack in). I also like using a tote for quick access to things I need. I do use the metro when I need my laptop or iPad around town which has been frequent lately cuz I'm planning my wedding. The metro fits my laptop, iPad and planning binder perfectly. I suppose it would be decent for air travel! I just never bring my computer to Disney lol. I want to get away from that on vacation.

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: