Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 03:35 AM   #256
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
Just ordered the Hanging Organizer in Indigo Pop and an Accordian Wallet in Happy Snails to match my favorite Hipster. I've been thinking about ordering the New Mini Hipster for my trip to Disney next Feb. I have the old Mini Hipster. I'm waiting for a better selection of colors, want a bag with lots of colors so it will pretty much match whatever I'm wearing. Wondering for those of you that have the old and new style, which do you prefer. Don't want to order the new one and hate it. Pros and cons of each?
I have 13 mini hipsters, but mainly carry my Symphony in Hue one because it goes with just about anything. It's a retired color, but still my favorite for a small everyday bag.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:39 AM   #257
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
did anybody see the new fall colors?

they were just kind of meh to me.

then again, I go between buttoned up lawyers and working with kids and wicked bright colors all the time. So I might have an extreme point of view either way!
Me too. I usually love just about all the VB colors every season, but am not impressed with the fall colors.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #258
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Me too. I usually love just about all the VB colors every season, but am not impressed with the fall colors.
I'm not wowed by the fall colors either. Good thing, huh, I don't need to be buying any more.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #259
jamala
Mouseketeer

Great deal today at verabradley.com FREE scarf $42 value with purchase over $125. I ordered a mini hipster for our upcoming disney trip and the saddle up bag on sale along with a wallet. Used my $20 off coupon and got the scarf! I am so excited now to just watch the mail--lol.
jamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #260
ollynholly
Mouseketeer

All packed up for our cruise. I'm going to count the number of vera items when I unpack. My guess is 6 but that may just only be in my purse. That may not even count my vera suitcase. Lol
I remember what it was like before entering a room in our house without running into any vera! It's taking over! Haha!!
ollynholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #261
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

Thought I would try posting a question here for all you Vera Lovers!
This weekend I went into the store to buy the new Weekender, but instead I bought the Grand Traveler, and I'm really really having a hard time deciding if I should go back to exchange it for the weekender!

I want this as a carryon for airplanes. DH has his rollerboard, and the 2 kids each have a backpack for their activities and snacks.
I tend to pack everyones extras however, and am a huge over packer. But the Grand Traveler still seems like it will be too big. But the weekender almost doesn't look big enough.

We do check luggage as well, but i like to have extra clothes in our carryons in case luggage gets lost.

So any opinions of these two bags? Would love some insight if you have used either or both of these Do you find the Grand Traveler to be too cumbersome?

Thanks for any advice
IBLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #262
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLarsen
This weekend I went into the store to buy the new Weekender, but instead I bought the Grand Traveler, and I'm really really having a hard time deciding if I should go back to exchange it for the weekender!

I want this as a carryon for airplanes. DH has his rollerboard, and the 2 kids each have a backpack for their activities and snacks.
I tend to pack everyones extras however, and am a huge over packer. But the Grand Traveler still seems like it will be too big. But the weekender almost doesn't look big enough.

We do check luggage as well, but i like to have extra clothes in our carryons in case luggage gets lost.

So any opinions of these two bags? Would love some insight if you have used either or both of these Do you find the Grand Traveler to be too cumbersome?

Thanks for any advice
I have a Weekender and it wouldn't be large enough for me. I haven't seen the Grand Traveler. I have a large duffel and I think it meets the size for carry on, it might work for you without being too big. I usually take 2 of them for a weeks vacation along with my weekender, but we drive, so size and quantity don't matter.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #263
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLarsen View Post

Thanks for any advice
I flew with the weekender a few weeks ago and loved it. I carried the weekender only and had plenty of space for all of my things. I also have the large duffle and feel its too large as a carryon for me. Good luck

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #264
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
I flew with the weekender a few weeks ago and loved it. I carried the weekender only and had plenty of space for all of my things. I also have the large duffle and feel its too large as a carryon for me. Good luck
The Grand Traveler is larger, so will carry more, but I've learned from frequent traveling, instead of my carry-on getting larger, it's getting smaller, because Im getting tired of lugging around the extra weight! If you chose to get the Weekender, I'd just have DH and kiddos carry their own 1 change of clothes and swimsuits (if you plan on hitting the pools before parks). One change of clothes won't take up much room for their individual carry-ons, where it'll add significant bulk and weight to your one bag. IMO, if I were to buy something larger than a weekender, I'd make sure it had wheels on it!! But that's just me, I'm tired of having grooves carved into my shoulders It's gotten to where all I carry-on is my 3oz or smaller liquids (mainly makeup), a laptop or IPad, my valuable jewelry, and "purse stuff" (I usually will pack a VB purse in my luggage, because I don't want to have a purse either, unless it's a hipster). I also usually tie a sweatshirt around my waist, because I always get cold on the plane. Going though security has gotten to be an art.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #265
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

VB outlet just openned about 30 minutes from me. Kids back to school so hopeing to run down there and buy more bags I dont need
Old 09-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #266
nonzerosum
DIS Veteran

Is it worth it to make a trip to the Vineland Outlet for the VB store? I'd like to check it out on out next WDW, but only if it's worthwhile.
nonzerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #267
Echo queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
Is it worth it to make a trip to the Vineland Outlet for the VB store? I'd like to check it out on out next WDW, but only if it's worthwhile.
Yes, for sure it is worth it. I go to the outlet everything I go to Florida. Great selection and deals. I love it it part of my yearly WDW vacations.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #268
Echo queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
The Grand Traveler is larger, so will carry more, but I've learned from frequent traveling, instead of my carry-on getting larger, it's getting smaller, because Im getting tired of lugging around the extra weight! If you chose to get the Weekender, I'd just have DH and kiddos carry their own 1 change of clothes and swimsuits (if you plan on hitting the pools before parks). One change of clothes won't take up much room for their individual carry-ons, where it'll add significant bulk and weight to your one bag. IMO, if I were to buy something larger than a weekender, I'd make sure it had wheels on it!! But that's just me, I'm tired of having grooves carved into my shoulders It's gotten to where all I carry-on is my 3oz or smaller liquids (mainly makeup), a laptop or IPad, my valuable jewelry, and "purse stuff" (I usually will pack a VB purse in my luggage, because I don't want to have a purse either, unless it's a hipster). I also usually tie a sweatshirt around my waist, because I always get cold on the plane. Going though security has gotten to be an art.
Yeah you really don't want to weight your self down too much, the next time I fly I am going to see if my VB large back pack will do. At times the weekender did feel a little heavy but I'm a mini hipster girl.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #269
goofystitchfan
SSR Owners

Guessing you have all seen the latest sale on line (ending today). Don't forget you get a free gift depending on what tote you purchase...
Old 09-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #270
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Stalking Vera and making a decision!

Okay, I finally took the plunge (thanks in large part to lurking here and QVC) and bought my first real piece of VB (other than an ID card keyring!) and now I am taking it back.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

mickey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: