Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #241
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran
 
CampbellScot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,793

I did it again.

BUT I HAVE A VERY GOOD REASON.

I was having a very hard day. I was getting a sore throat and felt wretched and I thought a little trip to the VB store might cheer me between classes.

and it did.

VERY much.

Really, it's my not feeling well that is the culprit. I walked into the VB store and realized i was really chilly...aka probably have a fever going. I really had no choice but to purchase a fuzzy throw blankie in Indigo Pop. No choice.

at all.

I was COLD and feverish.

poor me.

What was I supposed to do?!



My husband didn't over fall for that. But I actually do have a wee fever so he didn't see fit to really holler at me.

Plus I distracted him with new margarita glasses from the Williams-Sonoma store next door to VB!!!

I know. Brilliant.



I LOVE MY FUZZY BLANKIE. It is the coziest thing on this planet and it looks so cute with my double zip backpack sitting nearby all matching and adorable.

WAY too much fun to be had at Vera Bradley!!!

__________________

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #242
tlovesdis
Disneyland Obsessed!!!
My room has a Mickey theme!
 
tlovesdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Richmond, CA
Posts: 1,858

OMg I just bought another VB on eBay! I got a hipster in Medeteranian White! I've been eyeing that pattern and couldn't resist!!!
__________________
Tina

Disneyland - December 6-9, 2014 (Birthday trip)

WDW January 22-27, 2015
Kidani Village AKL
First trip to the WORLD!!!
tlovesdis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #243
goofystitchfan
SSR Owners
 
goofystitchfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saugus, MA
Posts: 1,039

The VB store on line is having an addl 25% off on the sale merchandise... just an FYI
__________________
Tracey (me) DH DS (15) DS (13)DCat
,
goofystitchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #244
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,101

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofystitchfan View Post
The VB store on line is having an addl 25% off on the sale merchandise... just an FYI
Did you REALLY need to post that? I am sitting here stalking my last order LOL



Off to look at the sale....... for ummm for a friend yeah a friend
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #245
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran
 
Scrappy_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado!
Posts: 4,730

Jazzy Blooms!!

Look what I found!!!!! Me and DH went to the Park Meadows mall last night in Denver, and I had to make my usual VB stop, and ....low and behold there was a brand new unadvertised pattern!!! They told me they were chosen as a "test bed" for a new pattern that's not supposed to be released until Spring 2013!!

They didn't have too many accessories that went with it, but I had to get me the new hipster (my favorite VB style)

Anyway, it's called "Jazzy Blooms"....they had a few other patterns in too, but this one was by far my favorite, it almost has a faded denim look!

__________________

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #246
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides
 
wdwgirl03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Look what I found!!!!! Me and DH went to the Park Meadows mall last night in Denver, and I had to make my usual VB stop, and ....low and behold there was a brand new unadvertised pattern!!! They told me they were chosen as a "test bed" for a new pattern that's not supposed to be released until Spring 2013!!

They didn't have too many accessories that went with it, but I had to get me the new hipster (my favorite VB style)

Anyway, it's called "Jazzy Blooms"....they had a few other patterns in too, but this one was by far my favorite, it almost has a faded denim look!

Oooh, I love it!! I saw pictures from an online survey on the OhMyVera blog and all of the spring 2013 colors look so cute. I generally prefer the spring and summer patterns over the fall/winter ones. You should have taken pictures of the other ones too! Just out of curiosity...what does the inside pattern look like? ETA: OK, never mind, I saw a tote on ebay that had pics of the inside. Very cute.

The VB store around here did the previews a few times a couple years ago. It was always exciting getting a sneak peek at the upcoming colors.
__________________
I *HEART* WALT DISNEY WORLD!! been there, done that, GOING BACK!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 08-19-2012 at 05:33 PM.
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #247
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran
 
CampbellScot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Look what I found!!!!! Me and DH went to the Park Meadows mall last night in Denver, and I had to make my usual VB stop, and ....low and behold there was a brand new unadvertised pattern!!! They told me they were chosen as a "test bed" for a new pattern that's not supposed to be released until Spring 2013!!

They didn't have too many accessories that went with it, but I had to get me the new hipster (my favorite VB style)

Anyway, it's called "Jazzy Blooms"....they had a few other patterns in too, but this one was by far my favorite, it almost has a faded denim look!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

My local VB store also has "preview days" of patterns to come. I have arrived on those days several times and always left with something in the new pattern b/c I MUST have stuff other people have to wait for!!!
__________________

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #248
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran
 
Scrappy_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado!
Posts: 4,730

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

My local VB store also has "preview days" of patterns to come. I have arrived on those days several times and always left with something in the new pattern b/c I MUST have stuff other people have to wait for!!!
Oh, you're so lucky, the closest VB is in Denver, about 1 1/2 hour from here, so I don't get there often...this is the first time I've been lucky enough to stumble upon a pattern pre-view. I wasn't too thrilled with last winters/fall colors....they didn't look too winterish/fallish to me!! I went on the blog that was mentioned and there's this new color coming in Winter that I can't wait for, I forget what it's called, but it's brown with Pink Roses on it. Looks more FALL to me though!!
__________________

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #249
KristiKat
DIS Veteran
 
KristiKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 720

Just ordered the Hanging Organizer in Indigo Pop and an Accordian Wallet in Happy Snails to match my favorite Hipster. I've been thinking about ordering the New Mini Hipster for my trip to Disney next Feb. I have the old Mini Hipster. I'm waiting for a better selection of colors, want a bag with lots of colors so it will pretty much match whatever I'm wearing. Wondering for those of you that have the old and new style, which do you prefer. Don't want to order the new one and hate it. Pros and cons of each?
__________________
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #250
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran
 
CampbellScot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,793

did anybody see the new fall colors?

they were just kind of meh to me.

then again, I go between buttoned up lawyers and working with kids and wicked bright colors all the time. So I might have an extreme point of view either way!
__________________

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #251
jamala
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 204

Oh I love the new colors, and I got a coupon in the email for $20 off a purchase so I will be getting one soon, you can't not use a coupon can you--lol.
jamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #252
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran
 
TBGOES2DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
Just ordered the Hanging Organizer in Indigo Pop and an Accordian Wallet in Happy Snails to match my favorite Hipster. I've been thinking about ordering the New Mini Hipster for my trip to Disney next Feb. I have the old Mini Hipster. I'm waiting for a better selection of colors, want a bag with lots of colors so it will pretty much match whatever I'm wearing. Wondering for those of you that have the old and new style, which do you prefer. Don't want to order the new one and hate it. Pros and cons of each?
Let me know how you like the accordion wallet. I've been thinking about getting one.

I have almost all of my trip money saved, but I'm still not buying anything. Oh, it hurts to be good!
__________________

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14



TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #253
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides
 
wdwgirl03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
did anybody see the new fall colors?

they were just kind of meh to me.

then again, I go between buttoned up lawyers and working with kids and wicked bright colors all the time. So I might have an extreme point of view either way!
Yeah, they are not my favorite either. I tend to go for the brighter ones. I wish those spring 2013 colors would come out sooner! LOL.
__________________
I *HEART* WALT DISNEY WORLD!! been there, done that, GOING BACK!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #254
KristiKat
DIS Veteran
 
KristiKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY View Post
Let me know how you like the accordion wallet. I've been thinking about getting one.

I have almost all of my trip money saved, but I'm still not buying anything. Oh, it hurts to be good!
I have the accordian wallet in another color already and I love it. It's just enough for me. A friend of mine has the Turn Lock Wallet and I looked at hers thinking to buy one, it has too many card slots for me. The Zip-Around doesn't have enough so the Accordian is a good in the middle for me. Love it so I had to order it in one of my favorite colors for a Hipster I already had. Believe me I know all about the saving money and not spending, it does hurt to be good. Fortunately it was my anniversary and DH said order a few things, that way he knows I have what I want and he doesn't have to bother, lol.
__________________
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #255
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran
 
TBGOES2DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
I have the accordian wallet in another color already and I love it. It's just enough for me. A friend of mine has the Turn Lock Wallet and I looked at hers thinking to buy one, it has too many card slots for me. The Zip-Around doesn't have enough so the Accordian is a good in the middle for me. Love it so I had to order it in one of my favorite colors for a Hipster I already had. Believe me I know all about the saving money and not spending, it does hurt to be good. Fortunately it was my anniversary and DH said order a few things, that way he knows I have what I want and he doesn't have to bother, lol.
Sounds like one smart hubby!
__________________

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14



TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: