Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #211
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

I am uber excited!!! I just won an auction on Ebay for a Hipster in Priscilla Pink. I got it for $27. Now I am trying to find a wallet to match and trying to decide if I will get the duffle bags for our trip. I'm not so sure my husband will like having the girlie colors for his clothes..
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #212
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

The Backsack?

I am curious if anybody has used the Backsack in the parks? Would love some feedback if you have! Is this bag comfortable to wear and is it easy on/off?

I need enough room to carry the norms, plus autograph books for my 2 children, and a few water bottles (disposable size). I have a couple sling style backpacks, but looking for a Vera for the parks as they are lighter weight to begin with.
IBLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #213
LSpell619
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLarsen View Post
I am curious if anybody has used the Backsack in the parks? Would love some feedback if you have! Is this bag comfortable to wear and is it easy on/off?

I need enough room to carry the norms, plus autograph books for my 2 children, and a few water bottles (disposable size). I have a couple sling style backpacks, but looking for a Vera for the parks as they are lighter weight to begin with.
I work at a Vera Bradley store (love it! obsessed!) and honestly I would not reccomend the backsack. When I was looking at them the other day they are very difficult to open and don't seem as durable as the other backpacks Vera has to offer.

I currently own a laptop backpack and just the normal small "backpack". I would reccomend the backpack, I'll post the link below. It's sturdy, has a nice pocket in the front, and is all around a better product.

EDIT: ah i can't post links yet, sorry!
LSpell619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #214
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSpell619 View Post
I work at a Vera Bradley store (love it! obsessed!) and honestly I would not reccomend the backsack. When I was looking at them the other day they are very difficult to open and don't seem as durable as the other backpacks Vera has to offer.

I currently own a laptop backpack and just the normal small "backpack". I would reccomend the backpack, I'll post the link below. It's sturdy, has a nice pocket in the front, and is all around a better product.

EDIT: ah i can't post links yet, sorry!

I went into the Vera store, and I see what you mean about the backsack. I ended up with the mid size backpack, with the padded straps. I was tempted to do the small backpack, as it seems like more the size I was after, but I was a little worried about the thinner non padded straps digging in when weighted down. Any thoughts on those two back packs? Would you recommend the smaller? Or stick with the mid size?
Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #215
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

Got my Hipster today! I love it! I think this is the start of an obsession. Uh oh.
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #216
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLarsen View Post
I went into the Vera store, and I see what you mean about the backsack. I ended up with the mid size backpack, with the padded straps. I was tempted to do the small backpack, as it seems like more the size I was after, but I was a little worried about the thinner non padded straps digging in when weighted down. Any thoughts on those two back packs? Would you recommend the smaller? Or stick with the mid size?
Yeah, the backsack was a little on the "free giveaway" side...

Did you get the "bookbag" or one of the new back packs? I have my eye on a double zip back pack in Indigo Pop!! I think it's bigger than the small backpack (which I have) and smaller than the Laptop backpack (which I also have...) and I think smaller than the Large backpack...which is no longer available...and I also have...

wait...WHY did I need a new backpack again? I'm going to have to really think about that one as my justifying argument to my husband...who actually has no real clue how many Vera bags I have b/c I stuff them all into my large duffle and when he says "Oh is that new?" I'll say "THIS?! New?! Ugh, babe I have had this for AGES..."

*ahem*

I know. I'm terrible. It's a VICE. I can't help it. And Vera Bradley is SO tricky b/c they keep releasing new things I do NOT need but MUST have...like the fuzzy blankie. Need it. Want it. Will own it. It will go into blankie rotation with the stadium blankets I purchased the second they were available.

does it help that a lot of the Vera bags I purchase end up going into the "Bags for Kids" drive we do every year? You should hear the middle school girls SQUEAL with joy when they see them.

which is why I am so justified in purchasing more.

right?

I also can use the justification that I can only use them when traveling or going to the gym b/c I have to carry fussy dark bags for work and court activities...b/c it seems judges do not take a law student seriously if they have a very cute but slightly loud fabric bag. It's distracting...or so I have heard...when a judge actually said that to another law student who thought that Suzani was a sedate enough print to pass in court. It's not. SO glad that wasn't me!!!!

Vera gives me the color I so desperately crave whilst dressed in dark colors trying to look professional and not 12...which I have also been accused of!

love Vera!!!!

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #217
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

I did buy the "Bookbag"...you know, I didn't even look at the double zip, yet I saw it up on the shelf. The store was CRAZY busy though, and my DH and children were with me, so I felt a little rushed. One employee said she loved the bookbag for the Disney Parks, and encouraged me to not do the small one because of the straps. I figured with the bookbag, my DD7 can use it on the plane for her stuff, rather than her school backpack that we usually use, as the Vera is lighter weight and my dd is already a Vera lover and mad that I didn't buy her her own backpack. Then I can use the backpack in the parks. As I already have the Metropolitan as my large carryon purse and the Weekender for my regular carryon.

**Oh and this Thursday in our store, (maybe every store?) they are doing some good sales. like buy one bag and get one half off (any bag). Backpacks and totes will be $20 off also, then another is 20% off any purchase....the sales are broken down by timeslots. Check it out!
I may have to go back in to compare the bookbag with the double zip backpack!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #218
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

Hi
Woudnt it be great if vera bardley came up with a disney design ohh how I wish ..what about you ladies ??
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #219
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 mickey View Post
Hi
Woudnt it be great if vera bardley came up with a disney design ohh how I wish ..what about you ladies ??
From what I understand they were offered the contract before Dooney and Bourke and they refused it, so we probably won't be seeing any Dinsey VB bags, although I would love that. I could afford to have more of them. I currently have 1 of the D&B bags, because I just can't fathom spending that much on a purse.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #220
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne

From what I understand they were offered the contract before Dooney and Bourke and they refused it, so we probably won't be seeing any Dinsey VB bags, although I would love that. I could afford to have more of them. I currently have 1 of the D&B bags, because I just can't fathom spending that much on a purse.
Really?! What was VB thinking?! I would be all OVER Disney themed VB bags!! I think A LOT more people would be, for a number of reasons! I think the D&B bags are cute, if slightly garish...but I am pretty strictly a Coach bag girl when it comes to leather bags. I can justify "cost per use" of Coach bags. I could never justify to my practical side the cost of a Disney d&b bc I can't use it in my every day non vacationing life. Partly that is my profession. I know lots of teachers who use their Disney D&B bags daily. But for me,The premium cost for a bag i can only use sporadically is just too high! I do have an anniversary print wristlet that I love. My hubs searched for the perfect front and center Donald placement!!

I would so love to see what VB would have done with Disney print!!!!

Old 08-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #221
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
Really?! What was VB thinking?! I would be all OVER Disney themed VB bags!! I think A LOT more people would be, for a number of reasons! I think the D&B bags are cute, if slightly garish...but I am pretty strictly a Coach bag girl when it comes to leather bags. I can justify "cost per use" of Coach bags. I could never justify to my practical side the cost of a Disney d&b bc I can't use it in my every day non vacationing life. Partly that is my profession. I know lots of teachers who use their Disney D&B bags daily. But for me,The premium cost for a bag i can only use sporadically is just too high! I do have an anniversary print wristlet that I love. My hubs searched for the perfect front and center Donald placement!!

I would so love to see what VB would have done with Disney print!!!!
I wonder that too. They said that people wouldn't want to buy purses with Dinsey themes and it wouldn't sell well, boy were they wrong about that. I would have been all over it.

The only reason I got the D&B purse was because it was on sale and there was a really good discount on top of the sale, I got a $220 purse for $100. My husband would kill me for paying over $200 for a purse. He almost had a fit when I paid $175 for my first Coach with the original price having been $495. I have 2 Coach purses, but use my VB alot more often, because they can be washed and they are more versatile for my everyday life. I just prefer Vb anyway.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #222
PrincessSuzanne

I just finally ordered my Get Carried Away tote for 50% off, I'm so happy. I promised my husband I wouldn't buy any more for awhile.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #223
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

I am OBSESSED with Vera Bradley

I love Vera Bradley and I use a TON of it on my Disney Vacations. For my carry on I use a rolling 17' tote in last years fall patter Mocha Rouge and I usually take a Vera tote for my personal item. In the Parks I use the book bag in Safari Sunset and I keep my Camera in a Tech Case. I'm so crazy about Vera Bradley I have a collection that rivals most stores! I can't usually narrow it down to which pieces I want to bring!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #224
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

I haven't hit any sales online in forever (at least that's how it feels)! It's killing me!!! We had a lot of unexpected things this year - washer breaking, etc. (that kind of thing), so I got behind on saving for vacation. Oh, how it hurts to be good! I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything until my birthday rolls around. Strangely, my wish list has grown like weeds...

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #225
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY View Post
I haven't hit any sales online in forever (at least that's how it feels)! It's killing me!!! We had a lot of unexpected things this year - washer breaking, etc. (that kind of thing), so I got behind on saving for vacation. Oh, how it hurts to be good! I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything until my birthday rolls around. Strangely, my wish list has grown like weeds...
would it then be super mean to tell you that three colors are 50% off online?! I am also trying to be super good. I don't NEED any new bags...but when their is a sale it's hard to behave!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: