Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #181
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY View Post
I have the Miller bag, and it can fit quite a bit of stuff. It's a nice bag. I packed for my DH for a 3 day trip, and it wasn't stuffed.
I don't know why but this made me laugh. No way would my husband consent to carrying one of my Vera Bradley bags. He calls them girly bags. You have yours trained right.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #182
2excited2sleep
Earning My Ears

I can't wait to use my hipster in purple punch when we go in April.

I'm super excited to check out the outlet too! I told DH he can spend the day at the pool with the kids while I spend the day shopping....can't wait!!!
April'13 - AoA
May '14 - POP

2excited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #183
Pirate Me

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?

I've been waiting for a sale like this! $20 off $75 and free shipping over $100. Love how free shipping is calculated before the discount. And the Viva la Vera pattern was 60% off!

I really needed a laptop sleeve and case for chargers. So I ordered the laptop sleeve and a zip id case in Viva la Vera. Also got a three to get ready cosmetic bag (Viva la Vera) so I could store toiletries for Disney, a mini hipster (Doodle Daisy) for my mother, and a tech case in English Meadow for all my chargers! All of these were less than $90, free shipping included!

I'm still not sure if I could throw the bags in the washing machine, however. Anyone have any advice on cleaning them?

Home Resort: BCV
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of
view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Atticus Finch
Pirate Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #184
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I don't know why but this made me laugh. No way would my husband consent to carrying one of my Vera Bradley bags. He calls them girly bags. You have yours trained right.
That's too funny. No, it was a family trip, and I shared a suitcase with the kids, and his stuff wouldn't fit, but there wasn't enough to warrant using another suitcase, so I grabbed the miller bag. There's no way he would carry that around himself. I carried it. The only time he touched it was when he was taking clothes out of it. He thinks they're girly too. But it is funny that the first time I used the bag it was for my DH.

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #185
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Me View Post
I've been waiting for a sale like this! $20 off $75 and free shipping over $100. Love how free shipping is calculated before the discount. And the Viva la Vera pattern was 60% off!

I really needed a laptop sleeve and case for chargers. So I ordered the laptop sleeve and a zip id case in Viva la Vera. Also got a three to get ready cosmetic bag (Viva la Vera) so I could store toiletries for Disney, a mini hipster (Doodle Daisy) for my mother, and a tech case in English Meadow for all my chargers! All of these were less than $90, free shipping included!

I'm still not sure if I could throw the bags in the washing machine, however. Anyone have any advice on cleaning them?
Oh, I know! I filled my cart up with $144 worth of stuff and took it down to $124 and then decided to be good and not actually buy anything. I usually have my vacation money saved well in advance of our trip, but we had several things break this year, so I'm behind. I'm gonna just look until my absolute favorite colors go on sale.

Enjoy your bags! I love a good deal!

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

Old 07-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #186
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY View Post
That's too funny. No, it was a family trip, and I shared a suitcase with the kids, and his stuff wouldn't fit, but there wasn't enough to warrant using another suitcase, so I grabbed the miller bag. There's no way he would carry that around himself. I carried it. The only time he touched it was when he was taking clothes out of it. He thinks they're girly too. But it is funny that the first time I used the bag it was for my DH.
My DH use to call VB the ugly purse store He has warmed up to them now. He watches on QVC and teases me with beautiful on outside and the inside.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #187
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Me

Yes, most, if not all VB bags are machine washable. I have washed many of mine. The ones with a cardboard bottom, have a way to remove that piece and it can be washed. I have never had any problem with the ones I washed and they come out looking good as new.

I got the Tech Case in English Meadow 2 weeks ago and I love it, it will keep all my electronic gadgets together and it will be great to have on our trips. I was using one of my VB cosmetic bags, but this is much better.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #188
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Okay, this is funny, I've only been into VB since May, when I got my first bag. But since then, I've noticed VB bags all over the place. It's kind of a game for my DDs and me. We spot someone with a bag and point it out and try to remember or guess what color and style it is.

Anyway, I just spotted two VB backpacks on Drop Dead Diva. (They are at a college.) One was Deco Daisy. I'm not sure about the other one... maybe Happy Snails. Product placement...

Old 07-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #189
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY
Okay, this is funny, I've only been into VB since May, when I got my first bag. But since then, I've noticed VB bags all over the place. It's kind of a game for my DDs and me. We spot someone with a bag and point it out and try to remember or guess what color and style it is.

Anyway, I just spotted two VB backpacks on Drop Dead Diva. (They are at a college.) One was Deco Daisy. I'm not sure about the other one... maybe Happy Snails. Product placement...
They have been used in many movies, two that come to mind are High School Musical 3 and 27 Dresses
Old 07-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #190
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
They have been used in many movies, two that come to mind are High School Musical 3 and 27 Dresses
Now see, I never noticed that b/c I wasn't into VB before.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #191
PlaidPixie
Pixies Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackstoryWorthy View Post

And as an early bday present I picked up the convertible Hobo (to a crossbody) in Paisley Meets Plaid (it looked like too much pink for this blue/green gal but it appealed MORE to me in person and is a nice change for late summer/fall from QVC. My Daisy Daisy mailbag had seen 4 vacations and better days so I was hoping to find a decent VB for our November trip. - mission accomplished!
So do you think this new hobo will work for a park bag? I looked at that bag on QVC but just wasn't sure. I might pull the trigger and order one though, I need a good option before our next trip. How's the organization? Is it huge when you wear it? The Hipster isn't quite enough, but I don't want a HUGE bag either.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #192
ollynholly
Mouseketeer

Online Outlet now on vera website! Prices good today only from noon-8pm. So very tempting! But must restrain myself, our Disney vacations are fast approaching.
ollynholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #193
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollynholly View Post
Online Outlet now on vera website! Prices good today only from noon-8pm. So very tempting! But must restrain myself, our Disney vacations are fast approaching.
Luckily, I didn't see anything that I couldn't live without...LOL. I have my heart set on the Camera bag (which is a limited edition item) and the Get Carried Away bag, then I have to stop, but I'm waiting on a bonus Dh is supposed to be getting before I buy them.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #194
2excited2sleep
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollynholly View Post
Thankfully nothing really caught my eye. I like the beach towels but can't justify spending the money..
April'13 - AoA
May '14 - POP

2excited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #195
christymarie
Mouseketeer

Love anything cross body for the park.

We live by a VB outlet and I just stumbled upon a BOGO free event and ended up with the metropolitan and miller bag for $60. I really wanted a grand traveler but didn't need two of them, lol.

DH calls it my obsession.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: