Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #136
wild.zinnia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlovesdis View Post
Ok another question for all of you addicts!

Do you tend to matchy match everything or just get all different patterns??? There are so many patterns I love so I was thinking of doing one for my tote, one for my laptop, one for my e-reader, etc!!!

Just curious how everyone does it!!!
I like to get different patterns. I think some of the bags look better in some prints than others. And I like the variety for matching outfits and whatever mood I am in.

Me DH & the kitties
wild.zinnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #137
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

I've only been into Vera Bradley since May, when I bought my first bags for Mother's Day. So far, I buy based on what I like in style and color and what's on sale. So I have several different colors, but if I have a favorite, I might buy it again in a different style.

I was lucky enough to go to the Chicago Premium Outlets this week while I was traveling, so if anyone has any questions, let me know. I would say the prices are similar to what they have online, but while I was there, they were having a "take an additional 30% off" sale, so I really got some awesome deals!

My DDs were with me, so I let each of them pick out a bag. They love to borrow mine, and they asked if they had to borrow these. I said, how about this? These can be your bags, but I can borrow them from you! They liked that idea.

Anyway, I got a Side by side tote in Very Berry Paisley for $27.99 and an Angle tote in Purple Punch for $20.92 . My DDs picked out a Rachel in Mocha Rouge for $17.49; a Mandy in Twirly Birds Pink for $31.49; and a Shoot from the hip in Rosy Posies for $19.59!!!

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #138
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

I think it would be very dangerous for me to go to a VB outlet.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #139
tlovesdis
Disneyland Obsessed!!!
My room has a Mickey theme!

Just got my Saddle Up in the mail and I love it!!! I think I'm in trouble!!!

Two trips in the making...

August 1-4, 2014

December 6-9, 2014 (Birthday trip)
tlovesdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #140
Cdnmom6
Mouseketeer

I am looking at getting the VB hipster to use in the parks this December. Its just my DS 5 and me going so i want to have hands free to hang on to him too. Do you think this bag is comfortable for all day wear? I want to carry camera, phone, tickets, cash etc.
Cdnmom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #141
Cee
DIS Veteran

I just got the Side by Side Tote in "Camelia". Ordered it online. It's bigger than I thought but I love it. I fell in love with the pattern as soon as I saw it. Much more understated than some of the bolder prints.
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #142
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

So I bought one of the new fleece throws last night in Paisley Meets Plaid. I love it-I really didn't need another blanket but it's so soft and big! The fall colors come out on Tuesday...anyone going to buy anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnmom6 View Post
I am looking at getting the VB hipster to use in the parks this December. Its just my DS 5 and me going so i want to have hands free to hang on to him too. Do you think this bag is comfortable for all day wear? I want to carry camera, phone, tickets, cash etc.
Definitely! I love using the hipster. It's so great just being able to throw it across your body and not have to carry anything.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #143
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
I am a minimalist and love love the mini hipsters I bought for my last trip.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #144
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I recently bought the Clare in the OP for everyday wear, but before that I always had the hipster in several colors for everyday wear. The hipster is the most comfortable bag I own for everyday wear. It forms perfectly around your hip and it fits A LOT! My favorite VB bag, hands down!
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #145
i*heart*minniemouse
Mouseketeer

Here is my hidden Mickey Vera Bradley....complete with lime green Mickey head!

Found the 'buttons' in the scrapbooking section at Michaels.

DVC-OKW since 1997
i*heart*minniemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #146
wild.zinnia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i*heart*minniemouse View Post

Wow! I totally love the buttons. They go with the print really well. Looks awesome.

Me DH & the kitties
wild.zinnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #147
goofy1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by i*heart*minniemouse

What pattern is this VB hipster & how long ago did you purchase? I like the different multi-colors. Thanks!
goofy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #148
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
I just got the Side by Side Tote in "Camelia". Ordered it online. It's bigger than I thought but I love it. I fell in love with the pattern as soon as I saw it. Much more understated than some of the bolder prints.
I bought one at the outlet b/c of the price and the fact that it was in my favorite color (Very Berry Paisley). I hadn't planned on buying that style, but I've tried it out, and I really, really like it too! Of course, so far, I haven't met a VB bag I didn't like... lol

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #149
i*heart*minniemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy1977 View Post
What pattern is this VB hipster & how long ago did you purchase? I like the different multi-colors. Thanks!
It is Symphony in Hue. I probably purchased about 2-3 years ago. It is still available. It is my go-to Disney bag!!

** looks like it may be on it's way out, since all items on the website are marked down.

DVC-OKW since 1997
i*heart*minniemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #150
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

For anyone who is a teacher, my Vera bag is a wonderful bookbag!!! It has held up remarkably well for the past 2 years, and I'm certainly not gentle with it!

I just realized my ticker is wrong!! We leave July 29th!!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: