Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #181
wakica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sorry it's taken me awhile to reply!

That exotic car experience looks like every guy's dream. I showed Alex your photos, since he was sitting near me, and he made a comment that your DH was a lucky man. He wants to try out that Lambourghini, as well!
He is a lucky guy
I couldn't very well deny him doing this when Cali and I were spending a few hundred just to RUN A RACE!!! LOL.

We each got a special thing (well Cali got 2 bc I didn't want to run a race alone and she was up for it) but funny how my special thing was such hard work and they picked things that were just a whole lot of fun. LOL

DD - Surfing
DH - driving a super expensive car
ME - running 5K in brutal humidity - LOL.

Am I nuts?? LOL

OH - and seriously!!! How did I miss the whole weekend passing and totally not find the time to get back on here?????????

Where does my time go???? I think I need to tell DH I'm taking a holiday from work so I can at least have my mornings to get my own stuff done A week off work is allowed when you have your own business - right??? ya, doubtful but i just might try

Me dh dd(16)
Old 09-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #182
wakica
DIS Veteran

DAY 11 - MAY 7 - CAR and now HOLLYWOOD STUIDOS 2nd trip

OK, I'll let you know right now that this installment is quite lame. Unfortunately we went to HS on a rainy late aft/eve So it was a bit of a bomb.

We knew that the chances of getting onto TSMM was slim to none but checked anyway and there were no FP's left. Oh well, we got our fill last time so we were ok with it.

I think we maybe got a ride of ToT done before the rain started. We tried waiting it out by doing some drawing (I even did it this time and here's the proof)...

We waited under an overhang for a bit and DD and I got bored so we left DH to sit there and try and get some good pics (which he did not) and we did some shopping.

Instead of the tradition shot of her with something on her head you get to see something on her ears this time. LOL

We got fed up with the rain so really all we got done was drawing, shopping and a few rides on ToT. After ToT the last time we decided to just call it quits and hit some stores on our way out. None of us really complained bc we had gotten in such a full day at HS earlier on.

Here are a few shots after ToT in the store.

DD had on her creepy ToT worker face in that shot so when she took this next pic she insisted that we look the part too. HAHAHAH - I guess I could NOT be an actress bc I was totally unable to pull off the look and DH of course is only capable of pulling goofy faces so thus we have this pic...

LOL - what can I say.

So, ya - that's it sorry for the lame update. I will go on to our day at Busch Gardens but first have to catch up on all the Trip Reports I'm following. Hoping to have time tonight.

Me dh dd(16)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #183
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Ya'll are so funny! You guys know how to have some fun...even on a rainy day! Love the Duffy Bear "earrings" and the silly faces with the TOT hats.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #184
sbsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
We were in different areas I guess. Too bad for the early flight We have ALWAYs done early flights in the past but this time we refused to do it which was VERY nice. We didn't fly out til supper time MUCH BETTER!!! Did you wear your shirt to Epcot too?
We didn't wear our shirts to Epcot - didn't think of it. But we should have!

Great pictures of your daughter and still enjoying the report!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #185
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Great trip report , hope to read more

Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #186
wakica
DIS Veteran

DAY 12 - MAY 8th - WHAT DID WE DO TODAY??

Well, this update is going to be SOOO exciting for you all so get ready!!!

HAHAHA, that's the OVER statement of the year actually bc I can't say 100% for sure WHAT exactly we did today!!!!!

I don't know, I've completely lost it! I looked at my calendar and it had some options like repeat SW or go to Busch this day or the next or both but I can't recall doing much of anything!!!

I tried looking at the dates on our cameras and I am completely shocked at the fact that we do not have ONE SINGLE photo recording of this day!!!

it's like the day never exsisted???

In all honestly though here's what I THINK went down.

We have been on holidays for 12 days by now and it has been GO GO GO every single day. My feet have been killing me no matter what I do and we are EXHAUSTED!!!

My guess is that we did the following (not necesarily in the order put down)...

1. SLEPT IN!!!
2. BACKED UP THE CAMERAS
3. CAUGHT UP ON DD's BLOG FOR HER CLASS BACK HOME
4. MADE DD DO SOME HOMEWORK
5. GOT GROCERIES
6. NAPPED
7. READ BOOKS
8. HUNG OUT AT THE POOL
9. ATE AT THE CONDO
10. WATCHED TV
11. WENT TO BED EARLY

yep - REAL exciting but I'm pretty sure that's how this day went down. I think we were SPENT!! and just needed a day of real life.

Next, on to a more exciting day - BUSCH GARDENS!

Me dh dd(16)
Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #187
wakica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Ya'll are so funny! You guys know how to have some fun...even on a rainy day! Love the Duffy Bear "earrings" and the silly faces with the TOT hats.
haha, ya, well, we try that's for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsmommy View Post
We didn't wear our shirts to Epcot - didn't think of it. But we should have!

Great pictures of your daughter and still enjoying the report!
Glad your enjoying it still. Sorry for the long lapses in between updates. This is our super busy season so it'll just have to be this way. Hopefully I won't have lost EVERYONE by the time I'm done. I'm thinking some people must be planning their May 2013 trips by now so they might be interested in seeing what it's like at that time and will take a peek. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Great trip report , hope to read more
Thanks for reading I hope you'll stick around for more too.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #188
wakica
DIS Veteran

DAY 13 - MAY 9 - BUSCH GARDENS!

I hope i can get through this day without forgetting too much. I was tired at this point of the trip and just more going with the flow than anything by now so since I didn't have a set plan it's hard for me to remember what we did.

We got up EARLY!!!
We needed to get to Tampa and to Busch Gardens before Rope Drop. And we did just that! YAY!! I guess we must still have a bit of OOMPH left in us!

I think we were in the first row of parking and on the 1st or 2nd trolly to the park. So of course this made us happy.

I don't recall a line up at all so I'm thinking we couldn't have waited very long if at all before walking in. They do open up early and then you only have access to a portion of the park.

Our goal of course was SHEIKRA!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean have you RIDDEN this coaster???? If not - you MUST!!! They HANG you right at the top looking what felt like STRAIGHT DOWN!!!! and then you PLUNGE straight down! It's a HUGe rush!!

So we high tailed it off to that side of the park knowing it was going to have long line ups later in the day. Unfortunately we had to stop bc it was blocked by a CM and a sign saying we couldn't go any further until official opening. We waited in an area with an overhang which was PERFECT bc the skies opened up and began to POUR!!!!!!!!!! It REALLY came down!!! The CM even gave up their post and took off for cover. Guess they weren't concerned about people heading off that way in such a downpour.

Maybe minutes after the rain stopped the sign was removed and we took off towards Sheikra. A few teens barreled past us (which was dangerous in all that wet walkway) but a few people certainly didn't concern us.

After a LONG hike we made it to Sheikra. We had to stand in line - I guess it wasn't quite ready to go. I think we waited 10 minutes and then were let in. We got onto the 2nd ride of the day and had a BLAST!!!!!

Once off we headed out, turned right around and headed back up! We only had to wait for them to finish loading up and the next set of cars was ours to hop on. This time we had the added excitement at the top where they dangle you face down and hold you there bc a BEE decided to buzz around us there and we were freaking out bc the rollercoaster was holding us prisoner by this stupide BEE!!! I couldn't beleive how long it seemed we were up there when a bee was buzzing in our faces! it's like time stood still. LOL
We surprised ourselves by having had our fill of Sheikra for the day. it was ALREADY getting HOT!!! I ALWAYS find Busch to be a hot park.

We decided it was ok to go ahead and get wet. I took off my top layer of clothes knowing I'd get soaked and had planned by wearing racing shorts and a tank under my shorts and shirt.

I can't remember what ride we got on - sorry but it was AWEFUL!!! We were happily going along and were just rounding a bend where we were heading up to the big drop and splash and we were excited and very hot and ready for this splash when we saw a boat up ahead just sitting at the bottom of the incline. Hmm, they weren't moving and WE STILL WERE!!! I'm like - UM, we are going to be hitting that boat! Sure enough we bumped into them - it wasn't anything big really and it wasn't a big enough bump to push them up since they obviously didn't get caught onto whatever it is that pulls them up. So now there are 2 boats sitting at the bottom of the hill.
and we sat...
and we sat...
and we sat...
and we boiled...
and we sweated...
and we sat...

People were REALLY starting to get antsy now. The boat in front of us had a bunch of younger boys who were REALLY getting restless and starting to wiggle around and get up in the boat when finally one lady said "this is rediculous!! I'm getting out to go find help!" So she very carefully reached out to the platform and hopped onto it from the boat and took off.
and we sat...
and we sweated in direct full sun...
and we sat...

One other man was thinking of getting out too at this point when FINALLY the lady came back with 2 cm's. WOW!!!!! What on earth took them so long??? Were they just gabbing away and not noticing that the boats were not arriving back??? LOL

Oh well, we were rescued now and they gave my DD and I each a pass to use on any ride that day as front of the line. CHA CHING!!!! That made us happy. We TOTALLY planned to use it later on one of the popular busy rides.

We were HOT though!!! So we headed off to another water ride and got our chance to cool down. Dont remember the name but this one was like Kali River Rapids where you all sit in a big circle.

We were behind in our schedule now but no worries. DD and DH didn't really want to catch a show anyway so we'd just cut that out if need be.
Busch is SUCH a huge park!!! We wanted to head back across the park to Montu coaster so we went towards the sky ride. This entrance was closed. UGH!!! 2 Strikes for the day!!

Somewhere along the way we saw this guy...

We hiked back to the other entrance to sky ride and took off on our little sky adventure. Here are some pics from up there...

The coaster in that last pic is called Gwazzi and we do NOT go on that one!!! i beleive it's one of the last wooden coasters and I knew better but DD and DH did it LAST time and HATED it!!! WAY TOO JERKY AND ROUGH.

Once we got over there DD and DH were eager to try out the new Cheetah Coaster before heading over to Montu. We saw the line up was like 75 minutes!!!!!!!!!
Obviously I was still in burn out mode from our busy trip bc I said You know what guys??? Here - you two go and ride Cheetah with the front of line passes we got. i will just sit in the cool store and you guys go enjoy it.

They were SO pumped at the thought of riding this with NO wait when everyone else was waiting 75 minutes!!!!

They said it was SO GREAT!!! when they got off and I said I was glad they enjoyed it. DD continues pushing the point saying Oh but mommy you would have REALLY loved it - you should have gone on it. To which I replied " OK, I gave you the passes so you two could enjoy it on me, please don't continue to inform me of how much I missed out on. I'm ok with it but don't need to hear how I really should have gone".

We headed over to Montu where there was no waits which surprised me bc we remembered liking this coaster last time. But alas - it wasn't in the cards for us anymore. I found it too jerky, Dh found it too jerky and thankfully dd also found it too jerky so DH and I didn't have to feel it was our age. HAHAHA. So - we did NOT ride Montu again. We did try some headbands on in the store though. lol

We were hungry but before eating we checked out King Tuts tomb. Nothing thrilling really but SO NICE AND COOL IN THERE!!! Lol and lots of cool photos to be had. haha...

After King Tut and some pics we looked at the Cheetas...

Then we had lunch.

We ran into the bridal party for the wedding we were to photograph tomorrow so chatted with them for a bit.

After lunch it was time to head over to the bird aviary which would be our last stop of the day, however on the way we realized there was a kangaroo area which we had not visited on our last trip.

We walked through there and DD just LOVED them but they wouldn't come near the fences so DD couldn't pet one and mark that as done on her bucket list.

Once we wandered back out though dd saw the sign that said we could FEED them!!! But it wasn't for about 20 minutes. I didn't want to walk around and then come back bc - big surprise my feet were getting sore AGAIN. DD decided she would rather feed the kangeroos than go to the birds bc we'd done the birds 3 times our last trip between Busch and Discovery Cove. So we rested and DH went to photograph the birds.

cont'd in next post....

Me dh dd(16)
Old 10-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #189
wakica
DIS Veteran

We were the first ones into the kangaroos with food so they were SOOO responsive and DD just LOVED every minute of it!!!

They were literally trying to crawl out of the fence to get to her and she often had two of them trying to eat off her hand so she was holding food in both hands at some points. We were definitely happy we stayed to do the kangaroos.

Outside the kangaroo area DD got to pet a lizzard...

After the kangaroos DD INSISTED we walk by Cheetah again to see what the wait was at and we agreed if it was 30 min or less we'd wait. I think it was at like 90.

I hated to walk all this way when my feet hurt and now to just head back towards the entrance when I KNEW it was going to be too long. Grr, oh well - we headed back towards the entrance and ducked into EVERY SINGLE SHOP that we could. We were SWELTERING at this point and the heat was literally HURTINg us. Why is this park SO HOT??? lol.

We HAD to stop for a refreshment so I got a fruit smoothie, DH got a coffee chiller type thing and DD got an ice cream treat.

AHHHH - that felt good.

On our way out of the park a lady snagged DH for a survey. I have never been stopped for a survey in Disney but ALL the times we have been to Busch we've been asked and most of our trips to Universal too. I find them annoying but DH goes ahead and does it. I think we MIGHT have gotten a magnet for our time - or wait a pin - last time it was a magnet. woopie.

You can see DH behind DD in this pic at a laptop filling out the survey...

and DD posing by the entrance/exit area bc we were bored waiting for DH to do the survey...

NEXT UP.... Since we are in Tampa we head out to check out Madeira Beach which is where the wedding is the next day that DH is going to photograph. DD has been itching to get to a beach so even though we had to leave Busch she was ok with it bc she was VERY eager to get those feet into some soft white sand and salty ocean water.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 10-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #190
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Great updates!!! I haven't been to Busch Gardens in YEARS! I never even went there the ten years I lived in central FL. All the roller coasters look super fun, I love roller coasters! We may have to consider visiting there when our two youngest get a little older... I don't, however, envy the heat!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #191
amazingact21
Upendi

I remember seeing those coasters in your PTR, and I still can't believe how crazy they are. Especially Sheikra! That just looks freaky! But I'm happy to hear that you were able to be one of the first guests on the ride, and that you were able to do it a second time.

How nice of you to let your DD and DH ride the Cheetah ride without you, but I agree, don't rub it in!

That kangroo feeding does look pretty cool. And I like that it's different than the normal bird, goat, giraffe feeding. Those are cool, too, but it's nice to experience something new every now and then.

Man, just reading about how hot it was at that park made me start to sweat. It sounds like it was a sauna there!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 10-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #192
wakica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Great updates!!! I haven't been to Busch Gardens in YEARS! I never even went there the ten years I lived in central FL. All the roller coasters look super fun, I love roller coasters! We may have to consider visiting there when our two youngest get a little older... I don't, however, envy the heat!
There definitely is a LOT to do at Busch. It's definitely worth a trip. I'm really not sure why we always seem to be SSOOOO hot at this park?? Maybe it's just a coincidence and we just always hit it on REALLY hot days! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I remember seeing those coasters in your PTR, and I still can't believe how crazy they are. Especially Sheikra! That just looks freaky! But I'm happy to hear that you were able to be one of the first guests on the ride, and that you were able to do it a second time.

How nice of you to let your DD and DH ride the Cheetah ride without you, but I agree, don't rub it in!

That kangroo feeding does look pretty cool. And I like that it's different than the normal bird, goat, giraffe feeding. Those are cool, too, but it's nice to experience something new every now and then.

Man, just reading about how hot it was at that park made me start to sweat. It sounds like it was a sauna there!
It was very neat feeding the kangaroos. i'm glad she chose that over the birds. Birds beaks are a bit of a sore spot for me. Never been pecked or anything just have a terrible fear of them. LOL. I think everyone has one or two useless fears. right???? I hope anyway. haha.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 10-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #193
wakica
DIS Veteran

DAY 13 - MAY 9 - Part 3 - MADEIRA BEACH.

Day 14 is going to be a work day for us - Dh is photographing a wedding on Madeira Beach a little outside Tampa. So we decided that after we were done with Busch on day 13 we would swing out to Madeira Beach to get a little oriented and see what we have to work with for the wedding.

DD was SO SO SO thrilled to walk out onto a beach!! Here are the shots we got...

going from the parking lot across the boardwalk to the beach..

Here she is SO happy to remove her flip flops and feel the beautiful, soft white sands on her feet! If you saw our blah beaches you would understand just how special something like this is to us.

and she couldn't help but give a little whoop and a hollar to show her excitement of being on a beautiful beach...

Smiling ear to ear LOL

I must say I was pretty excited and happy to be there too...

DH doing what he does best...

DD and I soaking up the beauty of it all!!!

We were so engrossed in enjoying ourselves we didn't realize it but at one point we FINALLY looked over a bit and discovered another family we knew was enjoying the beach too. They were there for the wedding and getting in some beach time too before the wedding the next day...

It was really nice to visit with people we knew. A little piece of home I guess. Even though we were still having WAY too much time to leave we were a little homesick and it was really nice to see some familiar faces.

After we visited a bit and snapped more pics it was time to head back to Orlando and our condo. It was VERY hard for DD to leave the beach and we decided we NEEDED to figure out a way to get back to the beach for some down time before we left.

NEXT DAY - the wedding. Ahh, maybe I'll see if we have some pics handy still and post a few. Beach weddings are SO beautiful!!!

Me dh dd(16)
Old 10-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #194
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears

Great update!!! We live 5 minutes from Madeira Beach and have annual passes to Busch Gardens so it was nice to read your updates.

Yes, BG is a very hot park. We can only stand about 4 to 5 hours of it before it gets unbearable, but it is also very pretty park.

Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP
Old 10-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #195
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Beautiful beach picutres! Can't wait to see how you and your DH viewed the wedding through your lens...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: