Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #61
margymas
I hope there's Jello!
 
margymas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central New York
Posts: 76

WOw, been a Disser for almost 3 years and you still don't have 10 posts? I'm flattered. [/QUOTE]

I could claim to be highly selective, but I am really just bad at technology and reading is about all I can manage.
__________________
Margy or Samy-Gram, depending
margymas is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #62
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along
 
nebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: near Chicago, Il
Posts: 2,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
YaY!!! A new Nebo trip report!!! Thanks for putting the link on facebook, Smidgy! Hopefully I can keep up this time.

I can't wait to read more. I am with Diane....I'd have been leaving early for the airport too. I am always worried about missing the flight. Plus, who in their right (Disney) mind can sleep the night before a Disney trip anyway??? Certainly not me! It stinks that you hurt your back...so much for not needing the vikes. Now to wait for the next installment.....
Hi Mom, welcome back. I still can't believe I didn't save them, how stupid can you be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Yeah, you don't want to p!ss off a Pope. Particularly not pious people who prefer not to be persecuted. Perhaps.

So, was the title a really stupid idea? Please tell me you've heard the phrase, "hope springs eternal".



Couldn't we do BBQ instead? I haven't had good BBQ in a long time.

I do so enjoy skewering a Nebo once in a while.

if you don't stop I'm gonna tell mom on you.

Up is down, down is up. Nope. You just can't mess with the immutable laws of nature.



Ha Ha hahahahaha! Oh, sorry. You were serious?

Um , well,, uh, no. Like that morning at CBR when i was waltzing with the butterflies and making sand angels, nobody really believed any of that, did they?

Nebo from the Black lagoon? You said that? Did you not learn anything from the Nebo Spike incident? Smidgy still has nightmares about that. I'm going to give you a free pass... this time.

Or maybe I won't...

Whoops, forgot who I'm dealing with!
Ok, how much?









Might as well get it out of the way early. Saves on the anticipation.

I remember last report, car trouble, hurricanes, tornados, yellow jackets,,, all this wasn't enough ,,,they still wanted real blood, which took until almost the very last day to supply for them.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that didn't happen.

I guess you'll have to wait until the next chapter to find out if we exploded or not.

Hmmmm.... interesting. I'm curious to see how that all worked out.

I hate even thinking about it, I feel so stupid.







Huh. I just refer to DW as "the Boss".

Does she sing "Born, in the Yukon Territory?





great smiley

Are,,,, you,,,, out,,,, of,,,, your,,,, mind????

I didn't want them to be a big part of the trip this time, not thinking that things could get worse than they normally are.





And just last night, I go to take the garbage out. I lean over to grab a bag... I didn't even get there yet!! And, well, you know.



Oh, that twinge. You feel it and you think, "Oh, it's okay. Just a twinge. I'm fine. Really. If I ignore it, it'll be okay."



You too? Sorry to hear it, I'm doing a lot better now, though.



Congrats! Now that you've put it in writing, you'll be subject to full body cavity searches from now on!

One can only hope

No? Odd.

I must be stupid,, I'm having trouble following the plot line of this smiley.

Because she won't notice when you tell her to carry the bags out to the cab.

I always do, this won't be out of the ordinary at all.

We'll see how it compares. Looking forward to it!
I'm lookiing forward to your part two of your boat ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlvsccm View Post
HI Nebo! Glad to see you back at the keyboard to share your adventure.


Oh, and you REALLY should try a TENS!! BEST PAIN-RELIEF E V E R!!! Seriously good juju, makes it all feel better!


Cindy
Hi Cindy, sorry we didn't get ot meet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana0801 View Post
I'm in!
Let the 76th Hunger Games begin!
nebo is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #63
Mac Brew
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 18

Smile

Helo Nebo Its just great that you are back writing again and in fine fettle if I may say so. This is the first time for me to catch one of your reports from the verry begining I am looking forward to the many different senario"s from the best trip writer on the disboard
Mac Brew is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #64
appleorchard
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,466

A new Nebo trip report! Good, now I have something to read in between Laura's updates. I'm so happy. (It doesn't take much.) My DH also travels with a full complement of Vicodin so I understand your pain. I always have a few in my aspirin bottle in case he loses all his somewhere and I"m always worried someone will go through the bottle and ask me to produce a prescription at the exact time he disappears into the bathroom or something. Some of us feel guilty all the time even when we're not doing anything worng. (Parochial school, Lutheran rather than Catholic in my case lol)
appleorchard is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #65
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer
 
cp'ersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 291

Anybody else keep getting kicked off Dis?

NO Nebo! I DID want a spinal block so I could kick back and enjoy the experience without the inconvinence of pain getting in the way. I highly recommend them!
__________________

Been bunches and bunches of times
First time Aug 1971 and all we saw was the welcome center.
cp'ersmom is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #66
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along
 
nebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: near Chicago, Il
Posts: 2,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Brew View Post
Helo Nebo Its just great that you are back writing again and in fine fettle if I may say so. This is the first time for me to catch one of your reports from the verry begining I am looking forward to the many different senario"s from the best trip writer on the disboard
Whoa, all the way from Scotland! I wonder how long it took your post to get all the way to my computer?
As for the best remark, I think if you substiture "weirdest" for best, we might be on to something, although Pkondz is in the photo finish.
Ok, it says you posted 2 times, I want to know, was I your first, and then you posted somewhere after me?
Yeah, ok, who was it, where did yhou post first?
No, wait, I don't want to know, especially with a name like that, you're probably a guy!


Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
A new Nebo trip report! Good, now I have something to read in between Laura's updates. I'm so happy. (It doesn't take much.) My DH also travels with a full complement of Vicodin so I understand your pain. I always have a few in my aspirin bottle in case he loses all his somewhere and I"m always worried someone will go through the bottle and ask me to produce a prescription at the exact time he disappears into the bathroom or something. Some of us feel guilty all the time even when we're not doing anything worng. (Parochial school, Lutheran rather than Catholic in my case lol)
Applejacks, Your not alone;
I was confirmed at a Lutheran Church where the pastor scared the crap out of me.
And that would be, Nebo Lutheran Church, where I got my name from.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cp'ersmom View Post
Anybody else keep getting kicked off Dis?

NO Nebo! I DID want a spinal block so I could kick back and enjoy the experience without the inconvinence of pain getting in the way. I highly recommend them!
I did find it a bit disconcerting though, when I tried to move my legs after an epidural, and couldn't.
"Ok, you can give me back my legs now." Please?
nebo is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #67
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Hi Janet, think we've got it in us for one more round?:
Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Hey what happened with your trip,,,, you know, Universal, first Cbr , then Pop,,,, I think Royal Pacific,,,, did you go? I thiought that was this fall,,,,, give! I don't see it in your ticker. No, wait,,, that was in May wasn't it? How did it go?
We had to cancel. Remember your car troubles???? Took my van in for inspection, it wasn't pretty. Although $250 I can blame on the dear DH, he lost the key

We decided that we are going to try and save to do a Southern Cali, DLR trip instead. It may take us a couple of years, but I "think" I can hold out.
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #68
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer
 
Mom&RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 450

Oh drat, I'm late to the party. Blame too much school, too much work, lack of sleep, reading Ponzi's TR..... Looking forward to another great Nebo TR. I put my 2 cents in with the earlier posters - TENS units are great IF (big IF) your issue is muscle pain. If you've got arthritis brewing in that lower back TENS won't help. Aren't I a ray of sunshine? They don't call me Nurse Ratchet for nothin!
__________________
me DM 47, DS 18, Dad's not Disney

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #69
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: WI USA
Posts: 13,593
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by margymas View Post
WOw, been a Disser for almost 3 years and you still don't have 10 posts? I'm flattered.


Great username, Say it real fast.

Still no update
OhMari is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #70
melk
DIS Veteran
Have you seen my DD's "crappy" (aka capri) pants??
In need of a good sippy cup
Psyched DVC Owner
 
melk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,452

Hooray, a new trip report! I am totally on board for this, guessing it's going to be a bumpy ride (not enough Vicodin, oh my )
melk is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #71
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along
 
nebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: near Chicago, Il
Posts: 2,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Absolutely



We had to cancel. Remember your car troubles???? Took my van in for inspection, it wasn't pretty. Although $250 I can blame on the dear DH, he lost the key

We decided that we are going to try and save to do a Southern Cali, DLR trip instead. It may take us a couple of years, but I "think" I can hold out.
Wow, i'm really sorry to hear that, we've never been to DL either, but that seems like a drastic switch for you t put off that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
Oh drat, I'm late to the party. Blame too much school, too much work, lack of sleep, reading Ponzi's TR..... Looking forward to another great Nebo TR. I put my 2 cents in with the earlier posters - TENS units are great IF (big IF) your issue is muscle pain. If you've got arthritis brewing in that lower back TENS won't help. Aren't I a ray of sunshine? They don't call me Nurse Ratchet for nothin!
Hi Mom, great to have you back.
As far as the back goes, I think it's a disc thing when it starts,, tehn it siezes up the muscles.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Great username, Say it real fast.

Still no update
Ok,,, I now know I'm really stupid,,,, I've said it fast for ten minutes,,,,, nothing. I think you're just messin with me.

However,,,, new update tomorrow night!
nebo is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #72
buzz1121
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 823

Thanks for that Double D, I really look forward to being with kids again.

So I must tell you that one of my closest, best friends in the world has called me Double D for years, I mean for at least 21 years. It made me smile when I saw the nickname, so cool Nebo, really cool.

You can imagine with my name, and it being my real on the birth certificate name, that there have been some really funny nicknames like D2 E4, so many that I can't remember them all. It was a terrific name in kindergarten though, as I only had to master writing two letters, just repeating them a few times!

buzz1121 is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #73
buzz1121
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 823

Nebo, we are off to the World on Saturday! We are leaving immediately after attending a birthday party that there is no way we can miss. By immediately, I mean the car will be packed and we will hop on the interstate. I'm really, really hoping we get to see Illuminations on Saturday night.

We originally were only planning to stay for a long weekend but we decided to "pull a Nebo and Smidgy" and go ahead and stay for the week! The kids don't know yet, we are going to tell them after DS gets out of school for the summer on Friday. They talk about Disney all the time so they are going to be stoked. I know DH and DS are going to really enjoy Star Wars Weekend!

Hopefully BTMRR will open this coming week! Say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed for us. I'm going to pay attention particularly to what DS really enjoys as I believe he and Jackson are close in age and it might give you some "must do" tips with him, not that you probably need any, but it never hurts to get a kid's perspective.


I am going to take my lap top, so I may have time to pop in from the World from time to time as well.

Night!
buzz1121 is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #74
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along
 
nebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: near Chicago, Il
Posts: 2,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
Thanks for that Double D, I really look forward to being with kids again.

So I must tell you that one of my closest, best friends in the world has called me Double D for years, I mean for at least 21 years. It made me smile when I saw the nickname, so cool Nebo, really cool.

You can imagine with my name, and it being my real on the birth certificate name, that there have been some really funny nicknames like D2 E4, so many that I can't remember them all. It was a terrific name in kindergarten though, as I only had to master writing two letters, just repeating them a few times!

Aw, c'mere you big lug,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
Hooray, a new trip report! I am totally on board for this, guessing it's going to be a bumpy ride (not enough Vicodin, oh my )
Melk! Once more, unto the breach?
great to see you again, but I still hate saying your user name,,,, where did that come from? and no, "Got Melk?" is not an answer.
nebo is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #75
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along
 
nebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: near Chicago, Il
Posts: 2,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
Nebo, we are off to the World on Saturday! We are leaving immediately after attending a birthday party that there is no way we can miss. By immediately, I mean the car will be packed and we will hop on the interstate. I'm really, really hoping we get to see Illuminations on Saturday night.

We originally were only planning to stay for a long weekend but we decided to "pull a Nebo and Smidgy" and go ahead and stay for the week! The kids don't know yet, we are going to tell them after DS gets out of school for the summer on Friday. They talk about Disney all the time so they are going to be stoked. I know DH and DS are going to really enjoy Star Wars Weekend!

Hopefully BTMRR will open this coming week! Say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed for us. I'm going to pay attention particularly to what DS really enjoys as I believe he and Jackson are close in age and it might give you some "must do" tips with him, not that you probably need any, but it never hurts to get a kid's perspective.


I am going to take my lap top, so I may have time to pop in from the World from time to time as well.

Night!
"Mommy, Buzz is trying to convince me that I'm losing my marbles, I already responded to this post,,, I'm sure of it,,
Oh, wait,,,, that was over on Ponzi's thread, wasn't it?

oy vey,,,, I'm too old for this!

Have a great, safe, fun trip Dee Dee we'll talk later when you too can say,,,,"hi,, still trying to catch up,,,,,"
Wait,,,, where are you staying?

shoot, she's gone isn't she, dang,, I never think of these things fast enough.
nebo is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: