Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #541
margymas
I hope there's Jello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
[B]And yes,, you all are correct,,, I'm sorry,,, but I got a one two punch,,,,, more eye problems and the main reason though fro not writing is the heat,, Chicago hit 100 yesterday,,,, and we don't have air conditioning,,,, every time we plan on getting it,,, another trip wins out.
But the comlputer is upstairs in the "loft",, and every steip up you take it gets hotter and hotter,,,no,, don't have a thermometer up here,,,, but downstairs yesterday on the thermostat is read 86,,,,so,,, again,,, I'm sorry,,,,all I can say is it will be when I can sit here and not rush it too much.
Whoa baby!!!!! 100 degrees and no A/C? You just sit there, young man, with a cool adult beverage and a fan and wait for cooler weather and the return of your TR muse. We wouldn't want your (or Smidgy's) moobies or mulva to melt off - people would point an stare.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #542
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer

Kinda glad you have slowed down on your story telling. I am falling so far behind.

Nebs I am sorry to hear the eyes aren't getting any better but hearing that no have no AC in the heat is worse! We hit 112 here yesterday. The plastic cup I left in my car melted in the cup holder. It was 1/2 full of liquid which is what I think prevented it for bursting into flames! I couldn't get the cup out because it kind of melted around those prongs that help hold the cup in the holder. Well let me tell you, they are really doing their job now!!! DH didn't find it as funny as I did. Tuesday was the Anniversay of the day it hit 122 22 years ago. I was 8 months pregnant and had to drive 45 minutes to work in a car with no AC. Talk about moobies melting off, my unborn daughter got a sunburn it was freckin hot! They had to close the airport because the air was too thin for the planes to take off. The road was so hot the asphalt was melting. You couldn't fry an egg on the sidewalk, they would jump up and say "no way are you putting me down there!" Ok I tried, do you feel any cooler yet?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Been bunches and bunches of times
First time Aug 1971 and all we saw was the welcome center.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #543
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

We can all do a conference call.

Oh wait, that would require technology.

Put a night stand next to the tub and type from there.

Should make for an interesting chapter.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #544
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Testing out the new Disboards app. Can you see me? Now it will be easier to stay more current.
A new dis app? Really? Someting else I need to learn?

Mommy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp'ersmom View Post
Kinda glad you have slowed down on your story telling. I am falling so far behind.

Nebs I am sorry to hear the eyes aren't getting any better but hearing that no have no AC in the heat is worse! We hit 112 here yesterday. The plastic cup I left in my car melted in the cup holder. It was 1/2 full of liquid which is what I think prevented it for bursting into flames! I couldn't get the cup out because it kind of melted around those prongs that help hold the cup in the holder. Well let me tell you, they are really doing their job now!!! DH didn't find it as funny as I did. Tuesday was the Anniversay of the day it hit 122 22 years ago. I was 8 months pregnant and had to drive 45 minutes to work in a car with no AC. Talk about moobies melting off, my unborn daughter got a sunburn it was freckin hot! They had to close the airport because the air was too thin for the planes to take off. The road was so hot the asphalt was melting. You couldn't fry an egg on the sidewalk, they would jump up and say "no way are you putting me down there!" Ok I tried, do you feel any cooler yet?

Ok, what, are you taking up stand up? Very funny, Irene! Gee I hope your name is Irene,, if it's not,, would it be asking too much to ask you to change it so I don't look stupid again getting somebody's name wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
We can all do a conference call.

Oh wait, that would require technology.

Put a night stand next to the tub and type from there.

Should make for an interesting chapter.
Oh yeah,,, now there you go. Ponzi would just LOVE talking to a naked nebo in a bath tub on a conference call.. Now that I think of it,,, I'm not too ecstatic about the idear eder.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #545
smidgy
dimples

http://www.wimp.com/russiaride/

ok honey. would you ride this? If they offered me a million dollars I would not.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #546
laura74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Testing out the new Disboards app. Can you see me? Now it will be easier to stay more current.
I just downloaded it yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Is there a way to go directly to a specific page in a thread? I didn't see an option for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
I don't want to have to drag out my trusty 2x4 so I'll go ahead and spell it out for you. The Buzz family is expecting a new member around Thanksgiving! Yep, when I see you and Smidgy in August, we will be past the halfway point! I think it is so funny to see essentially a page of your TR is devoted to "womanly issues"!!
Congratulations Buzz!

Quote:
And yes,, you all are correct,,, I'm sorry,,, but I got a one two punch,,,,, more eye problems and the main reason though fro not writing is the heat,, Chicago hit 100 yesterday,,,, and we don't have air conditioning,,,, every time we plan on getting it,,, another trip wins out.
But the comlputer is upstairs in the "loft",, and every steip up you take it gets hotter and hotter,,,no,, don't have a thermometer up here,,,, but downstairs yesterday on the thermostat is read 86,,,,so,,, again,,, I'm sorry,,,,all I can say is it will be when I can sit here and not rush it too much.
I'm so sorry about the eye thing Nebo! You're not going to post any pictures I hope.

Hope the heat wave ends soon so you can get cracking...er I mean, so you can be more comfortable.

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #547
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy

ok honey. would you ride this? If they offered me a million dollars I would not.
Smidgy, not even sure for a million and I pity anyway standing within puking distance of that thing!

Old 07-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #548
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer

Yes my name is Irene, you were listening!!!

I like the new app, it makes quoting a lot easier and I don't get kicked off when there are a lot of piccies on a thread. Tickers don't show up tho and signature lines are blah but I am happy with it. You can go to an individual page from the very top of each page.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #549
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post

Oh my Lord! I might for a million dollars, if I had some of Nebo's vikes I'd love to see a video of people getting off this ride!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #550
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Smidgy, I thought it was going to be the same as this ride that my kids have gone on, that was plenty bad enough. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uafsyTvyZfY
But when the Russian ride started twisting like someone was trying to pop the ice cubes out of the tray, that was when I said not even for a million dollars.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 07-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #551
fsmith2845
Dis Dad's Club Member #119

OMG.. i wonder how many "bio hazard spills" they have to deal with a day on that.. I like thrill rides as much as the next person but i'm sure i could do that one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post

Old 07-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #552
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Hey Thumpman,,, great work on the song, when he mentioned the Bond connections,, I kept working from that angle in my head,,, and the song "From Hawaii With Love" just wasn't cutting it.

Now, as for the ride,,,, wow,,, yeah that one would definately try me, that's for sure. I'd do it, but not sure if I'd do it for free. What good is getting a double dare payoff if you're dead?

Going to try and get some work done now,,, I sincerely hope to get a chap up tomorrow night,, how hot is it supposed to be tomorrow?
Old 07-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #553
fsmith2845
Dis Dad's Club Member #119

Not sure what it's supposed to be there.. mid 90's down here in Virginia all week.. and i really wish you would quit sending severe storms down this way.. Friday & Saturday night had some pretty sever thunderstorms that came roaring down from up Chicago way.. friday nights took 6 hours to get from northern ohio to the coast of Virginia (yep it was moving).

Quote:
Hey Thumpman,,, great work on the song, when he mentioned the Bond connections,, I kept working from that angle in my head,,, and the song "From Hawaii With Love" just wasn't cutting it.

Now, as for the ride,,,, wow,,, yeah that one would definately try me, that's for sure. I'd do it, but not sure if I'd do it for free. What good is getting a double dare payoff if you're dead?

Going to try and get some work done now,,, I sincerely hope to get a chap up tomorrow night,, how hot is it supposed to be tomorrow?

Old 07-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #554
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Ya'll come down to Florida, a balmy 95 and humid down here.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #555
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Jackson sure does look like his older brothers It's great that they got to meet and will hopefully go on to have lots of visits together in the future. Taking them to Disney sounds like a GREAT time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
QueenBetsy, how scary! I had a mini-stroke back in December, driving home from work even (good thing I was able to pull over). Aspirin is now in my daily routine as well. As drugs go, you couldnt get anything cheaper at least.
Oh mu gosh that is right/ I forgot about that. Yep the asprine did help. I kind of stuck it in his mouth and pushed it closed until it broke apart. Yep he is on asprin too. both the cardio and neuro both say that we should all ask our docs about taking asprin daily especially after 50.

Hey Hey we're the Whiteheads, a pre trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209767

You were born an origional, why die a copy?\

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: