Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #1936
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post

I am never, ever going to live that down, am I?
Well, geesh Pkondz, where would the fun be in forgetting it? I mean friends don't let friends forget something like that. Anyway, I show I care by reminding you. You have two daughters and a wife......surely this isn't new territory for you!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #1937
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
buzz, can I play? I guess 42.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
As for knowing your age?

I lied.
I was trying to bluff you into giving it then, but ok, since I started this, I have to take a shot at it, and I think Smidgy is way off.

We'll go 35[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
Buzz.....I will say 39/40 because that is my age.
Okay, okay, sorry for leaving you guys hanging! It was a very busy weekend! I discovered my infant car seats were expired so between soccer game, church, college football, getting a new car seat and going to see Hotel Transylvania with DH and the kids, I didn't have time to respond.

Smidgy you are bingo "on the nose" for DH. Carrie, you are close which is saying something as we have only communicated in the TRs. Nebo, you are so very close, but in fairness to the ladies, you are spoken to me and from conversation probably have a better feel for my age. I am a bicentennial baby so I am 36. Great guesses you guys and congrats Nebo for being so very close!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #1938
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Bet he has more hair than I do. And that's ok if he's not born on the 26th, I think it will be cool for him to have Nebo as a middle name, can you imagine the fun he'd have all through his life explaining that name?

you know I'm just kidding, right?
And with your use of "he" you have just become one of DS's favorite people. He really would like a little brother. It wouldn't take too much for baby Buzz to beat you in a hair contest, but sometimes a good bit of the newborn hair falls out so while there may be an intial baby advantage, it could slip away and little buzz be bald.

DH and I have joked in reading the TR about using "Nebo" as middle name. It's been a TR baby so I can definitely see the humor in it!

I had a checkup today that will extend your hope for a shared birthday. The midwife, who at my last checkup indicated she was thinking of moving up the due date, has instead kept the date as 11/22/12, which with my overdue history keeps 11/26/12 as a possible birthday for baby Buzz. We'll just have to see. I mean I am a Nebo TR fan, but even you must admit that holding out to give birth in your honor is taking things just a little too far, don't you think?

Old 10-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #1939
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
but my biggest problem right now is;

mUsT

i MUST post

Must POst picture of

Cow

!
fight
ing
urj
Nebo, you fought the good fight to diminish the possibility that the sight of that "one of a kind" picture would put me into pre-term labor, right?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #1940
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Nebo, OMG that chapter was fricking hilarious!! I was trying to read the yellow jacket part to DH and I could not get the words out, I was laughing so hard! I'm really sorry you got stung, but good grief, the way you tell it makes it so funny!

Yellow jackets are evil, vindictive bees! I have been stung twice in my life by yellow jackets and both instances were a result of no provocation on my part. Heck, I've been stung by many different types of bees, in the country it's pretty unavoidable, but knock on wood, I've never been stung in the mouth!

Sorry that's all I can say right now. I'm still laughing in response to the chapter so I'll have to post any other thoughts later.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #1941
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

When I got to the bee part, I was wondering if you were going to get stung on the bump on the back of your head. Only Nebo would have such luck. Good thing my guess was wrong. Man what a bummer though. Other than the first 2 days, does anything else go right for you? I guess only time will tell.

Oh by the way, I was thinking of ordering a helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads and knee pads for you. So you can have them on your next trip. I want to make sure I meet the famous TR writer and hopefully see him all intact. Where should I send them?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #1942
jecskc
DIS Veteran

took the last 3 vikes ????? Noooooooooooo ........

I just had surgery on my ankle and after two weeks, I am on my second bottle (90 count). I need to be more economical with them now. I suspect this will be my last batch I can.

Splint comes off and cast goes on tomorrow for two months. Not fun.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #1943
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man
. Other than the first 2 days, does anything else go right for you? I guess only time will tell.

Yes he gets to meet me!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #1944
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
I know you are looking at the title and going, "Oh c'mon, you have to be kidding.
Actually.... I was.

Quote:
What you are about to read absolutely happened, and even though she wasn't there at the time, I had Smidgy later on to verify it.
Ha! That's no alibi. All Smidgy might be able to tell us is later on she looked down and saw a pinprick. (Family board! Family board! Do NOT go there!)

So you could've stabbed yourself with a pencil or something in a weak bid to get more sympathy. "She's going to the parks without me. I want her here, being as miserable as I am!"

Quote:
When I'd make a sundae at home when I was little, I would then go and ruin it after a few spoonfulls.
I'd take my spoon and whip it all up until it was more like a melted shake, then eat it that way. I don't know why.
That's the only way Ruby will eat icecream... as a soquid.

Quote:
Much of Tuesday morning was a repeat of yesterday.
Right! I'm outta here. Been here, read that...

Quote:
Except for all the things that were different, of course.
What? Oh, okay, I'll stick around for a bit.

Quote:
Once again, early, very early on I woke with a headache, no, it is not going away, but my lump on the back of my head has a lot. That should be a good sign.
Didn't we play this tape already?

Quote:
But especially, now that it's gone down so much, I'd feel really REALLY stupid going somewhere for treatment and complaining that, " I bumped my head!"
"And couldn't get up in the morning."

Quote:
My left ear, (which is more or less the side I fell on), is ringing, and I DO mean ringing.
More or less? Is it right beside your nose by any chance?

Quote:
Like Quasi Moto doing his internship at Notre Dame!
Didn't he have a twin brother that died at an early age who shared bell ringing duties ? He was a dead ringer for Quasimodo. He left Paris years earlier but Quasi had hunch he'd be back.

Quote:
No, this was not Lily Tomlin;
"One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy"
It's amazing that she pretty much made a career out of one half of conversations.

Quote:
This sudden turn of events scared the hell out of me also.
I bet! But still not enough to see someone, huh? "If I wait just a little longer and I'm dead, it won't be so embarrassing... note to self, wear clean underwear."

Quote:
And for the next 4 hours I lay there and listened to it.
So it was a catchy tune? Had a familiar ring to it?

Quote:
Kind of like Keith Moon doing a 4 hour drum solo when all he has are cymbals!
Well, geez. If you make it a habit of not seeing a doctor when you pass out and then smash your head on concrete, you'll be able to play an accordion duet with him.

True story (according to Rolling Stone Magazine) is that the organizers of the London Olympics apparently asked the Who's manager if Ketih Moon would play at the closing ceremonies. Supposedly, the manager responded that if they had a round table, some glasses and candles, they might be able to contact him directly.

Quote:
You wouldn't believe how many times I checked my ear to make sure it wasn't feedback from my hearing aid,,,,,,,,

which is over in the case on the table.

The hearing aid, not my ear. Thought you had me didn't you?
I have no idea to whom you are referring.

Quote:
Six aspirin and two Ibuprofen later the sun is finally coming up.
So that time of year in Florida the sun comes up at two after six.

Check.

Quote:
And if I did fall asleep again, I kept rolling over onto the soft spot now in my head, man, did that hurt.
Wait, let me guess. 'Cause every time you rolled over you'd bump into Smidgy and she'd elbow you in the ribs, right?

Quote:
So, outside head hurts, inside head hurts, inside ears screamin' ringin, and stomach killing me from too many aspirin and 'profens.
But you're in Disney! So it's all good!

Right?

Right?

hello?

<cricket> <cricket> <cricket>

Quote:
Well, this trip I got cast in the roll of Henry, and I wasn't even trying out for the part!
You should! You're a natural!

Quote:
I thought hard about this before I turned over the keys, I still wasn't positive I wasn't going to go to the clinic at least, but after thinking again about it I knew that it more than likely wasn't going to happen, so , here, take the car.
And that was an internal monologue I'm sure. Don't want to spoil everyone else's fun if they know just how bad the melon is aching.

Quote:
I also was not informed from any cast member whether from EMTs to the concierge desk to the lifeguards that they have a free shuttle for the clinic, I think they just do that for the Monymony clan cuz they always have liked her better.
Well.... yeah.

Quote:
Maybe it was the bad names I probably called the EMT.
"Should we tell this guy about the free clinic shuttle?"
"Are you kidding? There are kids on there!"

Quote:
(am I the only one who keeps thinking of Treebeard whenever I read or type that?)
No. But then again, I was never a fan of the books. The movies were good, though.

Quote:
We now have a repeat of yesterday, with one slight difference:
At ten o'clock, sitting under an umbrella next to the Hippy Dippy Pool I took my last 3 Vicodin.
Uh, oh.

Quote:
Nebo was morose.
That's not how you spell it. It ends with an 'n' not 'se'. Since you hit your head, I'll let the typos go this time.

Quote:
Time just dragged by.
Just like all the tourists after a long day in the parks. I keep picturing an old man with a long white beard and holding a large hourglass barely able to put one foot in front of the other while mumbling, "No more morning and evening EMH in one day."

Quote:
Again, I tried to read and I did somewhat, but it made no sense to me, I just had no interest in it at all, and it wasn't just my book, it was everything. ...

But after checking the baseball standings even the Jumble and comics had no interest for me.
Didn't you say in your last post that if you couldn't even do the Jumble that you might consider yourself in trouble?

Quote:
I wanted him to stay and play with me.
"Tag! You're it!"

Quote:
I did all I could to stall his departure, and it worked for a while but eventually I saw I had to let him go.
This pool is catch and release only.

Quote:
I did notice though, as time went by that the ringing in my ear was diminishing. Ok, just another part of the healing process I guess, I'm getting there.
That's the sound of brain cells slowly dying off... and trust me, you don't have many to spare.

Quote:
Yeah, you're good, you know exactly where I'm going, you guys are getting to know me too well.
And yet... I thought, "Nope, he's going to throw us a curve here. He can't mean.... nawww..."

Quote:
Back in the room I said screw the vodka thing, and I made myself a Manhattan,
So much for the 'curve theory'.

Quote:
then I gave Smidgy a call on the Smidgy phone, not really expecting to get an answer.

And you know what happened?

I didn't get an answer, right to voice mail again.
Ever notice in the movies when a character says, “Go on without me.” The other characters always make a big fuss about it? It’s either, “No! You’re going to make it!” or “Okay, but we’ll never forget you!”. Just once, I’d like to see, “Oh, alright. See ya.”

Oh, wait, your family just did that, didn’t they?

Gee, I have no idea why I brought that up. :

Quote:
I went to the bathroom, and when I came back out, there's a knock on the door.
So many movies… so many books… “…suddenly, there was a knock at the door…”

Quote:
Ok, I know I've got the sign in the slot again to be LEFT ALONE, so it can't be them again, can it?

Oh sure it can, and the same woman again.

Quote:
I told her we don't need any cleaning done, our room is still just fine and if I let you in, I'm afraid all the snakes will get out.

She did that stare at me pause for a minute, then broke up laughing
Better than the alternative, ‘Ran off screaming.’

“I’m sorry sir, you’ll have to leave Disney.”

Quote:
Then I gave her 3 bucks.
To keep her quiet about the ‘snake’ comment, right?

Quote:
You see the worst thing about these stupid, idiotic lines is that she then stands there and stares at you for a minute or two before any response is forthcoming.
The first step is to admit that they’re stupid and idiotic… good for you.

Quote:
then I hung up and cried.
‘cause the maid smacked you in the head for the “stupid and idiotic line”, right?

Good for her.

Quote:
Ok, so maybe I didn't, I just threw that in for some of the female unit members of the readers to show what a deep and sincere, sensitive male I am, and even if I did, I'm not going to tell you that.
Uh, huh.
Wasn’t it you that said I was too nice to the female readers?

Quote:
Especially with Bob and Ross and Thumper and Ponzi all ready and willing to take away my man card.
Ok, maybe not Ponzi.
(hmm, that was just vague enough where he doesn't exactly know what I mean by that, right?)
Doesn’t matter… It’ll get pointed out anyway..

Quote:
I asked the maid if she wanted to go down to the bar for a drink.

She turned me down!
And you were surprised by this? Do we need to review?

Quote:
I even offered to sign the "Do Not Disturb" sign for her kids, but in their world, "Nebo" means nothing to them.
You’ve got a dedicated fan base… but it’s a fairly exclusive one.

Quote:
I knew I'd have to go into this all, and how then do I beg for meds, without seeming like a skid row bum?
Not possible.

But don’t worry, I’m sure by now your dignity is all but gone.

Quote:
I tried again, and hung up again.
Yep, my hang ups are causing the hang ups.
Odd, my hang ups cause hiccups.

Quote:
I then made the HUGE mistake of trying to tell her what happened in my own way,,,,,, which you all know by now can sometimes take a little bit before we get to the end/bottom/punch/final, line in the story.
Really? Hadn’t noticed.

Quote:
Like I said, I was lonely, and hey, talking to voice mail is better than nothing!
Next time try the toaster. It interacts once every few minutes, too!

Quote:
I put my manhattan in a refillable mug and went on down to the pool for a change.
You got hit on the head, so we’ll let it go this time… but you really should change before you go down to the pool.

Quote:
But now you know where the title is coming from.

Quote:
one of the little boogers somehow managed to find one of the little tiny "slits" under the lounger where my back was unprotected by the rubber slats, and bored in on me with a vengeance for some reason.
If you didn’t have bad luck you’d have no luck at all.

Only you, Steve… only you.

Quote:
It stung, and it took about 15 minutes or so for the stinging to finally mostly go away.
But you forgot about your headache for a while, no? See, that bee was doing you a favour.

Quote:
but when they say "What goes around, comes around" for me seems lately more like it just keeps coming around and not "going" around, if you know what I mean.
Yup.

Quote:
Put all my "SHs" back on, grabbed the camera and my wallet and went fora slow walk.
Ok, SHs?
Shorts, Shirt and Shoes. But I'm Shure you figured that out. If not,,,,,,,,,,,,

Shame.
Nah, got it right away. Well Shirt and Shoes anyway. I didn’t know you brought your shorts too.

Oh, wait, you changed at the pool… so of course… Shorts too.

Shoot.

Quote:
I never saw the bee land on my burger right before I took a bite out of it.

Quote:
He got me in/on the roof of my mouth, and wowie, did it hurt. We had to go out for dinner later on that day and I still couldn't talk, but that was the last time I was bitten.
Oh, so that’s the dinner Smidgy refers to as: “The most wonderful, relaxing… quiet dinner I’ve ever had.”

Quote:
Ha, right, as if they ever flowed smooth.
What? I didn’t say a thing!

Quote:
Ended up doing a reverse Follow My Leader,
The title of my favourite book when I was in grade 5. No kidding, I think I took it out of the school library 10 times.

Quote:
( yes, I know I"m using the third person approach a lot which I hate when others do it cuz it usually just spanks of self centered egotism, but sometimes it just seems to work better.)
Self centered egotism works better for you.

Got it.

Quote:
I kept waiting for her to come funning back yelling "Citizen's Arrest! Citizen's Arrest!"
Well if she was only funning, it wouldn’t be a problem, right?

Oh and that earlier comment about letting the typos go?

I lied.

Quote:
but she had obviously seen and had enough of me from the brief encounter and left in a hurry.
Nice to know there are still some smart people left in the world.

Quote:
But really, how strange it is that the only bar on this huge property is in a gated off community! Man, that's gotta tick off the bartenders, no?
Must get awful quiet in there. Then again, when you go bar hopping at Disney, I wonder how many people think of going to a Value resort? If that’s the case, then I don’t know if it would matter that much.

Quote:
At the bar I ordered a Mai Tai, and told him to make it strong. "I'm serious, and only have more than likely a day or two left to live from the head injury I took last night so I'm not holding back", I told him, in what may possibley total honesty.
But will you go see a doctor??

Noooooooo.

Quote:
I told him not to worry, if I die I won't yell at him, and that seemed to make him feel a little better.

"Ok, ok, I WON'T charge the tip to the room" and then he was all smiles again.

Quote:
Both of them wanted to hear the story though, and of course I obliged,
No! You?

Hard to believe.

Quote:
we hugged
Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Quote:
and I was off at a slow lope.
A quick canter.

Possibly a fast saunter.

Nah, I’m going to leave it at “slow lope”. Somehow it just seems to describe you perfectly.

“Nebo? Yeah he’s a bit of a slow lope.”

Quote:
No, not going to let me walk,
Todd said he will push me all night,
Wow, that’s just mean. They won’t let you walk. Every time you try to take a step, Todd is going to push you… all night long! (all night…)

Quote:
"Dad, all you have to do is just sit there and not fall out of the wheelchair."
Odd that your own son doesn’t seem to know you very well.

Quote:
And with that, calling it quits tonight. No, no cliffhangers,
isn't that a relief?

Quote:
not even a coathanger.
<groan>

Quote:
As you can all well see, I'm flying by the seat of my pants here with really nowhere to fly to, nobody to talk to and living a life that's now as exciting as Paris Hilton, Snooki, KateShouldNevermate, and Octomom all fighting over which one should be Honey Boo Boo's godmother.

I don’t know what’s more disturbing. The fact that you used Paris Hilton, Snooki, KateShouldNevermate (good one, I’m gonna steal it), Octomom and Honey Boo Boo. Or the fact that I know who you’re talking about.

Remember when we used to know people like Oppenheimer, Pauling and Planck?

Oy.

Thanks for the fun chapter, dude! :

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #1945
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
Well, geesh Pkondz, where would the fun be in forgetting it? I mean friends don't let friends forget something like that. Anyway, I show I care by reminding you. You have two daughters and a wife......surely this isn't new territory for you!
Unfortunately.... no.

Quote:
little buzz be bald.
I like that!

Quote:
DH and I have joked in reading the TR about using "Nebo" as middle name. It's been a TR baby so I can definitely see the humor in it!
So.... you want an accident prone child?

Quote:
I mean I am a Nebo TR fan, but even you must admit that holding out to give birth in your honor is taking things just a little too far, don't you think?
Why do I think that he won't think so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Yes he gets to meet me!
Oh! I had the impression that you guys never did hook up. That's good!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #1946
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
Hmmm... Could this be a cliffhanger? Or, just foreshadowing...
Nope, it's a CliffClaver, as for foreshadowing, it's not that or even foreskinning, but the shadow knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
C'mon Ponzi, that's a purely Canadian view. With our health system an ambulance only costs $40, but takes 30 minutes. That is so that people who live near hospitals won't start calling for an ambulance instead of a taxi cab. It would be too much competition for the cabbie union. Now in the US where the cost of ambulance ride moves the cost two decimals to the right, the time required to arrive moves two decimals to the left. With that much money on the line, they don't want to risk people hopping into a cab to get to the hospital.
So it's true? You really don't use dog sled teams to get someplace in a hurryup when you're behinder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I would have been feeling pretty sorry for myself too. So sorry (what's this like the 12th time I've said it? I really mean it though.) that this vacation had to go like that.

It was the 13th, A Shannon baker's dozen.

Did you enjoy the AoA pool/bar? It looks like a really well done resort.

Yeah, it's ok, but really no different from the other All Stars and Pop and CBR, WL, Poly outside bars.

For the record-Ponzi's Man Card is already under suspension. He admitted in a public forum to going to see the Katy Perry movie. It would have been revoked, but he took his daughter. Hence the suspension.

Well, even I didn't have the heart to make fun of him being at a katy movie, not when you are doing it for your kids, but don't let him know that.

I hope that you got to enjoy Epcot that evening. Even if you were in a Nebo stroller.
You know what? Even that turned out weird in an unexpected way with Todd and Jackson and Kim. That was when I learned how perfect Di and I are for each other at Disney, and however I think it will go with other family members, just throw it out the window.

Quote:
I took this from my trip report, this is how that phone call really unfolded......

Ok, I left all that out so I wouldn't have to fold it back up again, but I still like the "bat your eyes" part.

I saw all the missed calls too on my phone that night and was like, did I mess up our meeting day and not show up?????

Hope you are feeling better and boy if I only filled Z's RX. He didn't need them after his surgery so we didn't think to.
And her I was, all ready to walk to Kissimmee and meet you prematurely to let you be the hero for me,,,,,,,,but actually what you did give me later did help on the way/drive home.
But ALWAYS, even if you don't think you'll need them, get the prescriptions filled,,,, cuz as I keep finding out lately, you just. never. know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
What flashed through my mind here was nearly every cop show ever written.

Hard-bitten cop: I think we've got this Nebo character. His only alibi is his wife!

2nd cop: Lame!

HB cop: And to top it off, she wasn't even there!

2nd cop: Book him, DanO.

Book him DianeO. No, Indiana Diana still works the best for when she was picked to be an extra in the stunt show.

Heh, my older brother comes up with lots of these. I think he gets them from the blue collar types at work.

Well, I certainly was blue collar, but I don't think it's limited to them. My younger son is pure white collar now, but one of his common phrases to use is when he gets up and on his way to the bathroom says it's time to take the Browns to the Super Bowl!

He frequently talks about what he's gonna do in the morning, as soon as he finishes his 3 S's.

S's?

Sh**, shower, and shave.

Yours was cleaner. Though mine included a shower

shucks

How about a Harvey Wallbanger?

Good chapter, Nebo. I sure hope your days got better.

-Bob
Yeah? If they get any better I'll be on life support in the
"Peek-a-boo-ICU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
aw that is so sweet.. look everyone, he still loves me! (oh, sure, NOW the 2 people hugging smilie isn't there..sigh)

QUOTE=Backstage_Gal;46321611]In my usual eloquent manner I say: HUH? Ich verstehe nicht.
marita, I didn't understand it either.[/QUOTE]

Well Ponzi, I'm glad to see it's not just my jokes or lines that some people don't get, and I don't know why this one was tough either. I think your lines are getting the same treatment mine do by proxy, looking and joking too much like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHSweb79 View Post
gomer pyle!!!!
And if I remember correctly, it still didn't stop Barney from making an illegal U-turn again!
Nice to keep some of those great old tv classic lines alive, no? I'm still trying to figure a way to work in,:
"I have perfect 20-20-20-20 vision." or,
"There must be some needy bald people out there somewhere!"
Oh, by the way, I just used an Andy Griffith line in my last chapter, that went un noticed, though it WAS obscure I guess.
When I talked about going to the doctor and finding out my blood pressure was something like 205 over 130 or so, and I kept waiting for the nurse/doctor's aid to yell out,
"Thar she blows!"

Remember Barney yelling that when they thought this old goat ate a bunch of dynamite and they were frantically looking for it, and a car backfired or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
I don't know if I read this wrong-- but you said the only bar is in the gated community-- well. I don't know if I'm misinterpreting what you said or maybe it's too early in the morning for me still... But.... WL has a bar by the pool there. WL is the only on-property place I've ever stayed and the last time we went, 2 years ago, DH and I both had a drink there.
Ok. When I grew up I was told by teachers and parents and professors that there's no such thing as a stupid question, however, I never conformed to that thinking, meaning, BOY, THAT was a stupid question!

Ok Becca, I'm just teasin cuz I love ya. Actualy, the blame probably falls into my court since I'm the one who wrote it and apparently my description was murky, to say the least.

All the Disney resorts have bars, but I meant that the new one at the new Animation resort is located INSIDE the gated pool deck; meaning that even if you are just visiting the place for dinner or just checking it out, you can't get into the bar area on your own, the gates are operated by your room key card so you'll have to stand there and wait till someone else either goes in or out and then you get to feel really stupid like you are TRESPASSING!

How'd you like to be a bartender, nobody is there and a group of 6 walk over from Pop and want some fancy drinks after checking out the Nebo section but, no, the GATE stops them, and they are too honest to break the rules.
"No, no, we'll go back and get our 9 dollar and 50 cent drinks at the Petals Pool Bar at Pop."

Am I running off at the mouth a lot tonight or is it my keyboard? These call-outs are taking forever.

Quote:
Okay, okay, sorry for leaving you guys hanging! It was a very busy weekend! I discovered my infant car seats were expired so between soccer game, church, college football, getting a new car seat and going to see Hotel Transylvania with DH and the kids, I didn't have time to respond.

Shouold you be playing football in your condition?

Smidgy you are bingo "on the nose" for DH. Carrie, you are close which is saying something as we have only communicated in the TRs. Nebo, you are so very close, but in fairness to the ladies, you are spoken to me and from conversation probably have a better feel for my age. I am a bicentennial baby so I am 36. Great guesses you guys and congrats Nebo for being so very close!

Ok, hold it right there. My incredible deductive and intuitive reasoning most certainly had NO help from a telephone call from somebody that only speaks Carolina and I had to use a translator!
Closed captioning would have helped my more than the gigglesnorts I got over the phone!
you know I"m teasin, hopefully we'll be able to meet up down there and can toast to each other when you are no longer expecting a litter.

Quote:
And with your use of "he" you have just become one of DS's favorite people. He really would like a little brother. It wouldn't take too much for baby Buzz to beat you in a hair contest, but sometimes a good bit of the newborn hair falls out so while there may be an intial baby advantage, it could slip away and little buzz be bald.

Psst. Dee Dee, want to know a secret? That last picture that Marita posted of Smidgy and I with our little kids? The one I have all this hair on my head?
Well, I still have it, I just chose to shave it off one day for a change and everybody in the neighborhood and friends said they liked it that way, so I just kept on doing it. From that point on everybody has called me bald and I just don't bother to correct them!

And I save on shampoo and conditioneer.
It's like my trip reports, sometimes I have a moustache, other times I don't.

Humor? How cool t be named after where Moses viewed the promised land, and then passed away.
Actually, as nicknames go, I really liked when I saw that Nebo was going to stick, they are a funny thing, you can't give yourself a nickname, it just doesn't work, it has to be given by somebody else and then immediately supported by others in the same group. Then, it has to transcend groups. When my folks started to call me nebo, I knew that it was permanent, cuz it's hard to change what you call somebody all your life and basically rename them when thy are 18 years old, whichis when "Nebo" was born.

Now, Smidgy? I believe her Dad called her that when she was just a "Smidgeon", so she was basically a Smidgy all her life.

. I mean I am a Nebo TR fan, but even you must admit that holding out to give birth in your honor is taking things just a little too far, don't you think?

I do? And I have to think?
But what a great way to show loyalty to a trip report!
Shows true devotion, loyalty, yes, even love, it will last with you for the rest of your lives, everybgody here will look at you with envy and respect in their eyes and after feeling their own shame set in, mumble to themselves something like,,, "Oh my God, what's her problemL?"

But in all kidding aside, it's going to be a 7 pound, 4 ounce girl born on the 22nd, and you'll name her not after me, but Ponzi's wife, Ruby.

Anybody following me here? Besides Ponzi, I know he'll come up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
When I got to the bee part, I was wondering if you were going to get stung on the bump on the back of your head. Only Nebo would have such luck. Good thing my guess was wrong. Man what a bummer though. Other than the first 2 days, does anything else go right for you? I guess only time will tell.

Oh by the way, I was thinking of ordering a helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads and knee pads for you. So you can have them on your next trip. I want to make sure I meet the famous TR writer and hopefully see him all intact. Where should I send them?
I'd really like that clear enclosed ball type thing that the squirrel or chipmunk or whatever it was had in Bolt.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #1947
nebo
sharkbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
took the last 3 vikes ????? Noooooooooooo ........Yes, I know, aren't those the saddest words you can read?

I just had surgery on my ankle and after two weeks, I am on my second bottle (90 count). I need to be more economical with them now. I suspect this will be my last batch I can.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Not about the ankle, but the running out part. But no, if done properly you can normally get at least TWO more scripts out of this, especially if you are now under going the scary, traumatic change from a splint to a (gasp) CAST! And dont' forget the basics, like the morning of the appointment you try to go jogging down the bike path, the object here is to make sure it is as swollen as you can make it, I mean really, don't you want your doctor to see it at it's worst?

Oh, and,,,,,,
Who the heck are you?
Yea, I think I've seen your name before, but on other people's threads.
Well, welcome back.

Splint comes off and cast goes on tomorrow for two months. Not fun.
Quote:
Yes he gets to meet me!
Ha, the humble one speaks.
Hmm,, ok, I think the first 5 books of the bible are all written by Moses, from Genesis to Deuteronomy, and they are lumped together in what I think is called the Pentateuch, yes, Smidgy is chomping at the keyboard to correct me.
But one of my favorite Bible lines is from one of those books, and no, don't know exactly where, but it's when
Moses wrote SOMEWHERE in there:

"Now, Moses was a humble man."
Always cracked me up.
"Now, Mony was a humble woman."
Old 10-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #1948
nebo
sharkbait

What?

Ok, hold it right now.
I just broke off in the middle of reading your breakdown of my chapter, when I came across you mentioning a reference you made to what I said, "Follow my Leader. "

You stopped me dead in my tracks when you mentioned that it was your favorite book, which just can't be.
I read this book till the the pages fell out, it was written for ages 5th through 8th grade probably, but it was about I young boy going blind, which at the time for me, was a possible situation and so endeared me to it.
No, can't be it, and no, i don't want to google it, but it was just a small Schoolastic type book that I have never met somebody else I know that ever heard of it, much less read it. And, hmm, Ok,,, did I ever mention it in a previous report? Heck, I can even tell you the main character names,, the newly made blind kid was Jimmy Carter, and the rotten kid that threw the fire cracker was Bud Adams.
But should it be we are talking the same book, well, I think then it's time to be scared.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #1949
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Ok, hold it right now.
I just broke off in the middle of reading your breakdown of my chapter, when I came across you mentioning a reference you made to what I said, "Follow my Leader. "

You stopped me dead in my tracks when you mentioned that it was your favorite book, which just can't be.
I read this book till the the pages fell out, it was written for ages 5th through 8th grade probably, but it was about I young boy going blind, which at the time for me, was a possible situation and so endeared me to it.
No, can't be it, and no, i don't want to google it, but it was just a small Schoolastic type book that I have never met somebody else I know that ever heard of it, much less read it. And, hmm, Ok,,, did I ever mention it in a previous report? Heck, I can even tell you the main character names,, the newly made blind kid was Jimmy Carter, and the rotten kid that threw the fire cracker was Bud Adams.
But should it be we are talking the same book, well, I think then it's time to be scared.
Oh.... My..... Gawd........

And Jimmy wanted to know when using a clock by touch how to tell the difference between am and pm and he was told "The same way everybody else does." or something like that.

And for everybody else's benefit, Leader was the name of his guide dog that he got.

It's also the reason why when Hawkeye goes blind (temporarily) it's one of my favorite episodes.

Yes. I'm a little scared now. Nobody has heard of that book.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #1950
smidgy
dimples

I also read it as a kid. I ordered it from the Arrow book club at my school.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: