Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
David Raguso
New DVC Member from Tarrytown, NY

HELP OUT FUN COOL SINGLE NYer PLAN A LAST MINUTE GAY DAYS TRIP

I've never been to the area for gay days but Im a Vacation Club Member so I go down to Disney regularly. Im a single guy from NYC looking to get some perspective on the weekend.

Any thoughts on if its any better or worse to come single and alone?
Any thoughts on what events are worth skipping and which ones I shouldnt miss?
Whats the atmosphere? cruisy? down to earth?
Is it mostly people from Florida or do people really come from all over?

I'm open to meeting up with others if interested. I didnt book anything yet but I'm trying to get a studio or 1 bedroom unit in either Old Key West or Saratoga Springs.
David Raguso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
colaboy29
Mouseketeer

You will find people from all over the country attending GayDays. And singles will have as much fun as couple (as long as you aren't anti-social - if you make friends easily you'll make lots of them in the Parks). I've never attended any of the other events (we only go to the MK on Saturday) so perhaps another member can give more details on other events. I do hear the party at Typhoon Lagoon is always a big hit.
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Andynnj
Earning My Ears

Hey there. There are others of us coming from the NYC area (and all over). I doubt you will be alone for long. ;-) Last year was my first and I thought it was really down to earth. Staying at WL - drop me a line if you'd like to meet up with me and friends. If not, have a great time!!
Andynnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
David Raguso

HI Andy - Thanks for the offer, where at in NNJ? I live in tarrytown, westchester county. Im a masc regular down to earth professional like chillin hanging out but definitely not dancing or drama. Like bars pubs live music sports outdoors movies travel etc just to give you an idea of who I am and what I like

What are the parties to hit and skip? typhoon lagoon party cool? I just dont want to hit up pool parties if all its gonna be is dudes standing around with their shirt off, whether they're hot or not, that's not my style.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Raguso View Post
What are the parties to hit and skip? typhoon lagoon party cool? I just dont want to hit up pool parties if all its gonna be is dudes standing around with their shirt off, whether they're hot or not, that's not my style.
The pool parties do tend to be a lot of stand-and-model-and-drink. The Typhoon Lagoon party is always a lot of fun. Most of the other high-price parties are dance events (like the Roxy or Twirl back in the day).

My BF and I are in Yonkers, and I work at WCMC in Valhalla. We're not going to Gay Days this year, because we decided to go in October to check out the Food and Wine Festival, and he said he wouldn't go twice in one year.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGaellon View Post
The pool parties do tend to be a lot of stand-and-model-and-drink. The Typhoon Lagoon party is always a lot of fun. Most of the other high-price parties are dance events (like the Roxy or Twirl back in the day).

My BF and I are in Yonkers, and I work at WCMC in Valhalla. We're not going to Gay Days this year, because we decided to go in October to check out the Food and Wine Festival, and he said he wouldn't go twice in one year.
He won't go twice in one year? Shame on him! But we are looking forward to seeing you guys in October!

A lot of the guys are going to Riptide at Typhoon Lagoon on Friday night this year.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
Brrrendon
Earning My Ears

Hey David! I think going solo is great because you can meet a bunch of new faces. I plan on meeting up with a lot of people from this site during the day and probably venturing off at night. I am going to check out a few parties too. Not the crazy, cruisy, hook up parties -that is not my thing. You can come too if you'd like. I was born in NYC, moved to Scarsdale, now I live in Florida.
Brrrendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
David Raguso

Thanks everyone, it sound like the pool parties at the host hotel are a bit cruisy but it sounds like there's consistently good feedback on typhoon lagoon.

I still haven't booked anything, I have DVC but I'm trying to stay in a studio in anywhere on the Disney property and right now there aren't availabilities, i keep checking like every 5 minutes to see if that would change :-(

Thanks for your interest.

David

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: