Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
cpanagiotakos
Practically Perfect

Camera Reccomendation

My DBF graduated from Grad school a few weeks ago and his mother is bringing us and his sister to WDW in August to celebrate. My Mom is a photographer so I have grown up with the mentality that I should ALWAYS have a camera as well as back up memory cards and batteries. I have her hand-me-down Nikon D80 and D90 as well as a Canon Powershot ELPH. I will be bringing both with me on the trip.

I learned last week at graduation that no one in DBF's family owns a camera. I was shocked when they were taking pictures of such a special event on their phones! I am putting together a gift basket to have in the hotel room when we arrive, to thank his mother for not only allowing me to go with their family but also refusing to let me pay for anything. I would like to put a camera in there for them. I have been researching a bunch of different point and shoots. I am not a hug fan of my Canon ELPH so I have been leaning toward the FujiFilm FinePix F505 and the Sony Cybershot. I also looked at the Nikon CoolPix S4100 but the reviews didn't seem great.

My price range is $100-$200 and I would like a user-friendly camera for someone who isn't familiar with features and lighting etc. Any suggestions?

Second Star to the Right and Straight on til Disney My First Pre-Trip Report
cpanagiotakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Some of the cell phone cameras are very capable, especially when combined with some of the apps that are out now. Depending on the phone it may be as good or even better than what you can get with the budget you have.

But as far as what you listed, I tend to lean toward Fuji, Canon and Panasonic for point and shoots so I'd probably go for the Fuji.

If we all agreed all the time the world would be an awfully boring place. I'm here to make it interesting!

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: