Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
OregonGirl
I'm almost always either on-location, in the sound stage or in the editing suite.

DL 1/2 marathon (9/12 FINISHED!) & WDW Annual Extravaganza (1/13 BWI Club level)

Hello everyone!

Thanks for stopping by. I am really looking forward to our upcoming trips!

TRIP #1:
Disneyland 1/2 marathon on September 2nd, 2012. This is a really quick trip for hubby and I so that I can complete my Coast2Coast, but it's Disney nonetheless with a planned visit to California Adventure so I am including it! I have already run the Wine & Dine Half in October 2011 and the Princess Half in February 2012 (it was part of our honeymoon!). It really is super short - we fly down the morning of September 1st to LAX, travel to DL, check in to our hotel (Hotel Menage), go to Expo for packet pickup, do Twilight Tickets for California Adventure, sleep, I run the 1/2 the next morning, possible brunch/shopping after, then DH and I have to catch a 6 PM flight back home from LAX that evening.

TRIP #2:
Christmas trip to Disneyworld, December 12th-18th. We have flights holding for December 11th Red Eye, arriving early morning 12th, and leaving mid-afternoon of December 18th. We want to get as much out of our 'travel' days as possible. For this trip, my parents are going with hubby and I, and we are staying in connecting Club Level rooms at the Boardwalk Inn.

MEET THE CAST:

Myself and my husband:
My name is Carey and I am 31 years old. I just married my DH in February of this year and we honeymooned in WDW. He is a great man and I am so happy he is in my life. He is 42 years old. I am a Producer with a multimedia studio and he works as Technical Manager of the West Coast for a global localization company.

I am an avid runner, and he came and supported me at the Wine & Dine Half in October 2011 (before we were married), the Princess Half in 2012 (during our honeymoon!), and will travel with me to the Disneyland Half in September 2012. We have a Scottish terrier puppy and like to do outdoorsy things. We are also actively trying for a baby, which I am well aware will impact what I may or may not be able to ride come Christmas and I am perfectly fine with that! That's us (doing the Safari Trek on our honeymoon):

My parents:
Nice people. I'm the only kid, so for the last 31 years we've been a close little family of three. That multimedia studio I mentioned? The family owns it. My dad is the Creative Director and my mom is the Projects Manager. We do mostly corporate based work. Lots of localization based audio/video (yes, some via the DH), event based multimedia production, commercials, human interest pieces, and occasionally some narrative stuff. That's them (plus us at our wedding):

Additional background:
I've been going to WDW with my folks since I was 16. We've tried to go nearly every year or so. First we tried Caribbean Beach, which was nice, but then we tried Boardwalk Inn and fell in love. Then we tried concierge and have never looked back. We almost always have gone in December or January (work is slowest then), and so are familiar with the Christmas stuff (and love it!). DH and I met in college 10 years ago, dated, both went separate ways to pursue careers. Then re-connected in January of 2011 and instantly reignited. We did a WDW visit/Royal Caribbean cruise during my Wine & Dine half were we stayed at POFQ (a runDisney host resort), then got married and did a quick 4 day WDW trip for the Princess Half and stayed at Beach Club (a runDisney host resort), but DH has never stayed BI concierge or seen Disney at Christmas, and the 4 of us have never vacationed together, so this Christmas trip should be really fun and exciting!

The Disneyland trip should also be fun, even though it will be super short, because DH and I have never been together. We are especially looking forward to the new Cars land, shopping at Downtown Disney (maybe for baby things by then!), and just enjoying the whirlwind of it all!

- Carey

FOLLOW MY PRE-TRIP REPORT!

Last edited by OregonGirl; 12-13-2012 at 12:01 AM.
OregonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
OregonGirl
I'm almost always either on-location, in the sound stage or in the editing suite.

Photos, photos and more photos!

I like posting photos, and I really like my wedding pictures, and I don't have very many friends and family to share them with, so below is a collection of pictures of that, and of us, and what we do, etc. Just so you can get an idea of who you're reading about. Cause a picture tells 1000 words, right? So, without further ado:

Here's one of my favorites of me from my wedding:

Here's DH cutting our cakes. He made the cake stands himself (he works with welding as a hobby)! Do you see the cake topper my mom got me like 10 years ago from Disneyworld?

Here's me after the Wine & Dine Half Marathon in 2011:

Here's another from our honeymoon Safari Trek at Animal Kingdom:

Here's part of what I do for a living:

Here's another part of what I do for a living:

Here's my dad during a past WDW trip:

Here's DH and I during that same October 2011 Cruise/Wine&Dine trip:

Here's us on our balcony of the same cruise:

Here's my mom and I when I was several years younger. At WDW of course:

Here's our puppy, Dogmatix:

Here's a random photo that always makes me laugh:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

HI NEIGHBOR!!! We're down in Philomath, but we have a son that lives in Lake Oswego!!!

Congrats on the marriage......beautiful pics!! So are you going FOR Christmas, or for the holiday time?? We're going for the first time Dec 7-16th and we are super excited!!!

Will be looking forward to what you all have planned!! Also, any tips on the cheapest, best flights out of PDX???
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
OregonGirl

Hi DizNee!

You're right, I forgot some important information regarding the trip:

DATES:
December 12th - December 18th

RESORT:
Boardwalk Inn, Concierge Level. Two rooms (adjoining requested)

TICKETS:
6 day Magic Your Way resort park-hoppers. We figure The 12th is a travel day.

DINING PLAN:
No.

DEFINITE PLANS:
- MVMCP at least 1 night, maybe 2
- California Grill
- Cinderella's Royal Table
- Boardwalk morning loop runs

POSSIBLE PLANS:
- Garden View Tea
- Segway Tour
- Victoria & Albert chef's table

We haven't yet secured flights. We typically do Delta or Alaska or Southwest. Usually find our deals through Expedia. Right now prices are not so hot, so we'll see how it goes through the Summer.

We can't book ADRs yet, but can in a month, I think. We're excited!

Old 05-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonGirl View Post
Hi DizNee!

You're right, I forgot some important information regarding the trip:

DATES:
December 12th - December 18th

RESORT:
Boardwalk Inn, Concierge Level. Two rooms (adjoining requested)

TICKETS:
6 day Magic Your Way resort park-hoppers. We figure The 12th is a travel day.

DINING PLAN:
No.

DEFINITE PLANS:
- MVMCP at least 1 night, maybe 2
- California Grill
- Cinderella's Royal Table
- Boardwalk morning loop runs

POSSIBLE PLANS:
- Garden View Tea
- Segway Tour
- Victoria & Albert chef's table

We haven't yet secured flights. We typically do Delta or Alaska or Southwest. Usually find our deals through Expedia. Right now prices are not so hot, so we'll see how it goes through the Summer.

We can't book ADRs yet, but can in a month, I think. We're excited!

FUN!! Our trips will overlap a little!! We're going to do the party once, but we also have 7 of us & that gets expensive. With our twin 5yr olds.....we're not sure how much they'll be able to handle as they are autistic & mentally delayed. Fingers crossed that this will be a good trip for them (and us)!!

Have you ever done Cinderella's Royal Table?? We're going to try & get a dinner ressie. I've read very different reviews of this place.

Fun, Victoria & Albert's Chef Table.....good luck getting that ressie!!!! That would be a lot of fun!! My hubby & I got a trip to Disneyland by ourselves and did the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose. It was fun, but we tend to be more of the burger & dog kinda people.....lol But A+++ on the experience!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 06-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
OregonGirl

An update

Hello readers! Of which I may or may not have any....

As much as I want to daydream about Disney all day every day, I have been crazy busy these past few weeks with some big localization projects for large corporations that have had big deadlines and big demands, but big paydays too so its not so bad.

The folks and I have been looking at flights, and hope to take a red eye over the 11th so we arrive by 5 or 6 AM on Wednesday, December 12th.

We have decided that we will have breakfast at the Inn Keepers Club that morning, then wander into EPCOT and see the sights until late lunch, when we will do the famous Canada restaurant! Beer cheese soup, here I come!

In other news, hubby and I are continuing to try for our first. I don't have any excitement to report yet, but given the number of months between now and our trip, I am really thinking that I might be pregnant by the time we leave. If that happens, I will change my title to reflect that, and that will certainly change some of my plans but we are still planning on having a great time regardless!

Also, I am continuing to train for the Disneyland Half Marathon. I try to get in two or three 5K runs a week, along with my long 8 mile run on the weekend. So far, so good, and I am averaging a respectable 10:30 MPM pace.

I hope you all are having a magical day!

- Carey

_______

Last edited by OregonGirl; 07-03-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
DizNee Luver

I'm still here!!!

Exciting about the "maybe baby".......good luck and hope to see a new title soon!!! I was pregnant when my hubby got to see Disneyland for the first time......in fact today's his 27th bday?!!! (that baby....no hubby...lol)

Have you made any ADR's yet???

Keep in mind, any of the Epcot restaurants that are very popular for the Candlelight Processional are on hold right now. You can't give ressies at LeCellier Steakhouse, Coral Reef, Garden Grill or Rose and Crown Pub....rumor has June 26th being the day they'll open up.

Are you planning on doing the CP?? There's a partial list of narrators here!!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Joining in! We are hoping to get Le Cellier ADR too.. we are going dec 9-15 BWV!

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
OregonGirl

DizNee - Thanks for that link! Since hubby has never done CP we will probably do it one night. Thanks also for the heads up on the CP ressies. I had no idea!

Hi Rachael! Thanks for joining in. Are you new to the VC? My family has seriously been considering it over our last new trips, especially with the new Adventures by Disney and Bay Lake Towers. I am going to read your trip report with your little one, since in a few years I hope to be in a similar position.

Eventually I hope my title changes! Wish me luck ladies. We haven't been successful yet but are really hoping to be blessed soon!

- Carey

Old 06-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #10
DizNee Luver

Quote:
DizNee - Thanks for that link! Since hubby has never done CP we will probably do it one night. Thanks also for the heads up on the CP ressies. I had no idea!

Eventually I hope my title changes! Wish me luck ladies. We haven't been successful yet but are really hoping to be blessed soon!

- Carey

You're welcome!! It looks like it's official now~~June 26th they will start doing the CP packages......so hopefully you can come up with your plan in time to secure the restaurant & day/time you want!!

Saying a prayer for you Carey......also adding some *+*+*Pixie Dust*+*+*!!!

We just found out our child count may be increasing by one very soon.......one of our adopted kiddos, half-sister may be coming to live with us permanently.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
OregonGirl

Hello Rachel, Laurie, and whoever else might be reading this!

Well, sadly we were not successful with our most recent baby making attempts, but in a few weeks we'll try again.

If I had been pregnant, I would have been 7 months along at our December trip. So I am actually fine with being slightly smaller when we go. I also have a 1/2 marathon in August and I don't mind having a smaller bun in the oven at that point as well. It would have been fun this month, because my due date would have been our 1 year wedding anniversary, but if we are successful this next time around, then my due date will be the hubby's birthday! So also kinda fun.

Currently we're looking at flights to Orlando. I have one as in itinerary that I am watching the price on. We're not ready to buy yet, but this flight would leave PDX at 5 PM and arrive in MCO at 5:30 AM, than leave MCO a week later at 4PM and arrive in PDX at 9 PM. Connection there is through LAX and connection home is through Houston. Current price for 4 adults is about $1700. I'd prefer a little less, but I'd take that price if need be.

That's all for now - just a quick update!

- Carey

FOLLOW MY DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON & DISNEYWORLD CHRISTMAS PRE-TRIP REPORTS!

Last edited by OregonGirl; 07-03-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Hey there! I am reading. You and your husband are just adorable and your parents look like total sweethearts! Have you ever stayed at the BW before? We just stayed CL there last week and YOU WILL LOVE IT. It's so awesome. They seriously spoil you there!!

I'm looking forward to reading about your plans for the upcoming trip. And good luck with your baby making efforts!!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
mirage0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #13
DizNee Luver

Stay positive and good luck again in a few weeks!!

Old 06-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
OregonGirl

Hi Maribeth! Thanks for saying hello. I have stayed CL at BW before and we just love it. This will be the first time my parents, hubby and myself stay as a family of four, but probably the 5th or 6th time my parents and I will have experienced BW CL. I am really excited! I am going to read your trip report now because 11 nights in three different hotels intrigues me!

Laurie - Thanks for the good luck! I am going to read up on how to make him more potent, because (and sorry if this is TMI) he's 41 and I'm 31 and I have cycles like clockwork and so if there's any problems conceiving I wonder if it's on his end, production-wise. You know, inside....

I mean, it's not like we've been trying for years, but I would say a solid 6 months have gone by with us actively trying during *that* prime week with no results, so I am going to see if there's foods or exercises or something he can do to promote more, ahem, available little men for the job.

Anyways.... not much new to report in the trip planning department, except that we're pretty sure we want to do the "back woods segway tour". Hmmm... I wonder if I can do that with a bun in the oven? I suppose I should look into that, just in case.

- Carey

Old 06-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #15
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Hi Rachel! Thanks for joining in. Are you new to the VC? My family has seriously been considering it over our last new trips, especially with the new Adventures by Disney and Bay Lake Towers. I am going to read your trip report with your little one, since in a few years I hope to be in a similar position.
Yes we are pretty new we just brought in September but we had considered it before. Aww its a quick read!

Good luck with the baby making! We found out at Disney in 2009 on our 3 year anniversary! I know about the awesome timing tho. DD was born on May 16 (Due May 15) my bday is July 16 and our anniversary is September 16. DH's bday is November 20 but its still 2 months between each. We couldnt have planned it better, funny thing we didnt plan it at all.

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: