Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #271
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Not the Brazilian Tour Groups!!!!! Minion time should be around the first week of August for me.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #272
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
Not the Brazilian Tour Groups!!!!! Minion time should be around the first week of August for me.
They have been everywhere the past week. A pain in the you know what.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #273
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I think they are pretty much gone by August...not sure about the first week though.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #274
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I think they are pretty much gone by August...not sure about the first week though.
Last year I went in both the last week of June and second week of August. They arrived and left those respective dates.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #275
StarWarsJez
Mouseketeer

Glad it's not just me who gets 'frustrated' by the Brazilian tour groups. If anything they're more annoying at the Disney parks where their organisers have a great knack of maxing out the fast pass distribution machines - last year they had four out of five machines to their 'exclusive' use until I complained to one of the senior Disney guys.

As far as Despicable Me, we'd never seen the movie but wil certainly do so having done the ride. Great fun even if it's just an 'upgrade' over Jimmy Neutron/Hanna B. very very nice 3D
StarWarsJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #276
Bluer101

We saw something interesting today at DM. After we got off the ride at the dance party, their were some young foreign kids that started to dance with the minion. After a few seconds they started to kick and hit the minion. Well the employees that watch over quickly grabbed the minion and ushered him out a door. One employee keep dancing, while the manager watching just had discuss face on, we could not believe what happened. The kids and parents just left like nothing was wrong, so sad.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #277
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
We saw something interesting today at DM. After we got off the ride at the dance party, their were some young foreign kids that started to dance with the minion. After a few seconds they started to kick and hit the minion. Well the employees that watch over quickly grabbed the minion and ushered him out a door. One employee keep dancing, while the manager watching just had discuss face on, we could not believe what happened. The kids and parents just left like nothing was wrong, so sad.
that's just pathetic.

awful of those kids and the parents did nothing?????

they should have been kicked out of the park.

no employee should be hit/kicked.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #278
Bluer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
that's just pathetic.

awful of those kids and the parents did nothing?????

they should have been kicked out of the park.

no employee should be hit/kicked.
My DW pointed it out to me and when I turned around they were rushing the minion out the back door. This is the door it normally goes into after the dance party when Gru tells them back to work. But this time he was out only a matter of a minute. Just crazy, but I have to say this trip has been the worst with rude non english speaking tourists and not just the Brazilian tour groups.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #279
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
WOW. I feel bad for the costumed minion. And here we thought the characters were bad...

Old 07-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #280
Nasscar159
Earning My Ears

The worst are the people who don't speak English. Especially the Mexicans for some reason. I got stuck on Shrek for 10 minutes because these Mexicans were at the end of the row where we had to get out but they didn't understand we were suppose to leave and wouldn't let us out.
Nasscar159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #281
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Boy-oh-boy!...what a GREAT trip! My son and I made it back a coupla' days ago, and I think I've slept more in the past days than the past 10!
Minion Mayhem is an absolute blast...very well done Mr. Davis and crew! Saw posted wait times of "110" minutes the last few days we were there, but with EP, we usually were in the pre-ride queue within 15 -20 minutes. It appears to me that Shrek is having to absorb a significant number of guests unwilling to spend 10% of their park day waiting on the minions. The big green guy's wait times were usually 45 or more minutes.
Can't wait to go back!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #282
CentralFloridian99

I wouldn't be surprised if Shrek shut down in a few years.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #283
cindy17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeev View Post
Boy-oh-boy!...what a GREAT trip! My son and I made it back a coupla' days ago, and I think I've slept more in the past days than the past 10!
Minion Mayhem is an absolute blast...very well done Mr. Davis and crew! Saw posted wait times of "110" minutes the last few days we were there, but with EP, we usually were in the pre-ride queue within 15 -20 minutes. It appears to me that Shrek is having to absorb a significant number of guests unwilling to spend 10% of their park day waiting on the minions. The big green guy's wait times were usually 45 or more minutes.
Can't wait to go back!
Glad you had a good trip! I hope you don't mind, but I noticed in earlier posts that you have 2 (?) autistic children. I know you stayed on site, and were able to use EP, but I was wondering if you ever needed to stay offsite and request a GAC-type of pass for your boys? I have an 18 autistic son, and we will be going to Universal for first time in August. We will be staying offsite because my son needs to "spread out", have his own TV, kitchen, etc. Been to Disney many times with the GAC. Lifesaver! If you have used a GAC pass at Universal, how did it work?
June 2001: Disneyland
August 2002: CSR
August 2004: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
November 2004: CSR - SSW!
August 2005: offsite/ASMo
November 2007: CBR - SSW!
August 2009: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
August 2012: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
October 2012: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
June/July 2014: Disneyland
cindy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #284
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy17 View Post
Glad you had a good trip! I hope you don't mind, but I noticed in earlier posts that you have 2 (?) autistic children. I know you stayed on site, and were able to use EP, but I was wondering if you ever needed to stay offsite and request a GAC-type of pass for your boys? I have an 18 autistic son, and we will be going to Universal for first time in August. We will be staying offsite because my son needs to "spread out", have his own TV, kitchen, etc. Been to Disney many times with the GAC. Lifesaver! If you have used a GAC pass at Universal, how did it work?
Thanks Cindy.
We have just the one autistic child. The Assistance Pass would be available to any guest, on site or off. Usually we just used our Express pass, but a few times we used the Assistance Pass to get a "scheduled" return time, usually about 45 minutes from the time we first showed up. This would give us time to go ride another ride, get a snack...etc. when we returned to the ride, we would either go into the express line, or in the event that that line was still long, we were allowed to go "FOTL". It wasn't always the same at different attractions, but it did help a few times. Go to guest services, and tell them your situation and what they can do to make your trip more enjoyable for both your son and his family members with y'all ....they want you to have a good time,,and they want you back. We really appreciate the fact that both US and WDW offer these options for our son. We don't "abuse" the GACs, but it's reassuring to know it is available to bail us out in certain situations.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #285
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Shrek shut down in a few years.
Sure hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me. The last thing US/IOA need right now is to lose another attraction- ESPECIALLY an Express Pass attraction. Now that they've announced another hotel coming, they desperately need the rides.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: