Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #196
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII
 
CentralFloridian99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaffy View Post
Newbie here.......Where is the ride located in the park?
At the front of the park where Jimmy Neutron was. It's hard to miss it.
__________________
In search of a new signature, maybe even an avatar too.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #197
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer
 
buckeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 940 Miles WEST of Free Dining!
Posts: 1,412

IMO...it's the kind of movie to watch over and over....I pick up new details every time I view it.
__________________
buckeev is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #198
MineMail
DIS Veteran
 
MineMail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 999

Rode it twice this weekend - really fun. 100% better than Shrek, imo. I liked the queue theming as well as the ride itself. Not sure how long the post-ride "dance party" will last. It seemed contrived.
MineMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #199
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status
 
the Dark Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Between the beginning and end of time
Posts: 6,117

Quote:
Originally Posted by idgy View Post
Ok, so it looks like the ride will be open for sure when we visit in October. We haven't see the movie and would like to before our vacation. I think I read somewhere (can't find it) that the ride is based on a movie that came in a 2-pack dvd set..???... Does anyone know what movie I should rent? Is it just called Despicable Me or is it something different?

That question sounds really stupid.

thanks for your help!
I haven't seen the movie, but the queue video helps you by explaining the characters, minions, and your role very well!
__________________
the Dark Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #200
maburke
DIS Veteran
 
maburke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeev View Post
Actually went for the 9:30, which should still allow us to get in a bit before the park opens. Hopefully way earlier. If there are special "Grand Opening Events" going on that morning, my son will want to do those first, and we may hafta reschedule or cancel the CLB, but my back-up plans have back-up plans. With an Autistic kid...it's how we roll!
Woohoo! We'll be there the same week with my two kids with autism! Tell me though, I think the park opens that week at 8? Does that mean with a breakfast reservation you get in at 7? Maybe we'll see you at breakfast!
__________________
Meghan & DH & ds 17 ds 14 (both with autism) dd 10



1972: Contemporary; 1991: Radisson; 1994: OKW; 2001: BC & Disney Wonder; 2002: BWI; 2003: BCV; 2004: OKW; 2005: BWV; 2006: HHI, GCH@DL; 2007: BWV, GCH@DL; 2008: BCV; 2009: AKV-Kidani/VB & THV; 2010: BLT/BCV; 2011: VGC; 2012:OKW; 2013: VGC; 2014: DLP
maburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #201
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,330
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaffy View Post
Newbie here.......Where is the ride located in the park?
It's across from Shrek 4-D in the old Jimmy Neutron building.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #202
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer
 
buckeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 940 Miles WEST of Free Dining!
Posts: 1,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by maburke View Post
Woohoo! We'll be there the same week with my two kids with autism! Tell me though, I think the park opens that week at 8? Does that mean with a breakfast reservation you get in at 7? Maybe we'll see you at breakfast!
AWESOME!!!! On the USO web site, it shows 9:00 as opening time...(AP previews start as early as 8:00.) Gage and I are doing that Sunday the 1st. If you have a breakfast reservation, they've told me you will be allowed in one hour early, but the time slots I was told are 8:30, 9:30 & 10:30. It'll be a learning experience, for us AND the nice Park Folks...(we'll hafta train them up in OuR way of doing the parks!)
Gage is 14, 6 foot tall skinny-pale-face, unless he won't keep his sunscreen on!
We'll probably wearing our "Minions" shirts...unless we run out of things to wear!
Hope to see y'all!
__________________
buckeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #203
maburke
DIS Veteran
 
maburke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeev View Post
AWESOME!!!! On the USO web site, it shows 9:00 as opening time...(AP previews start as early as 8:00.) Gage and I are doing that Sunday the 1st. If you have a breakfast reservation, they've told me you will be allowed in one hour early, but the time slots I was told are 8:30, 9:30 & 10:30. It'll be a learning experience, for us AND the nice Park Folks...(we'll hafta train them up in OuR way of doing the parks!)
Gage is 14, 6 foot tall skinny-pale-face, unless he won't keep his sunscreen on!
We'll probably wearing our "Minions" shirts...unless we run out of things to wear!
Hope to see y'all!
When I look here
http://www.universalorlando.com/Reso...ark-Hours.aspx
It says 8am for all of July. Does that include AP previews? (We don't have AP's.) it says 9am for June.

So are you doing breakfast Sunday or Monday? My 12 year old is a big SpongeBob fan...
__________________
Meghan & DH & ds 17 ds 14 (both with autism) dd 10



1972: Contemporary; 1991: Radisson; 1994: OKW; 2001: BC & Disney Wonder; 2002: BWI; 2003: BCV; 2004: OKW; 2005: BWV; 2006: HHI, GCH@DL; 2007: BWV, GCH@DL; 2008: BCV; 2009: AKV-Kidani/VB & THV; 2010: BLT/BCV; 2011: VGC; 2012:OKW; 2013: VGC; 2014: DLP
maburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #204
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer
 
buckeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 940 Miles WEST of Free Dining!
Posts: 1,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by maburke View Post
When I look here
http://www.universalorlando.com/Reso...ark-Hours.aspx
It says 8am for all of July. Does that include AP previews? (We don't have AP's.) it says 9am for June.

So are you doing breakfast Sunday or Monday? My 12 year old is a big SpongeBob fan...
I'm still seeing that IOA will be opening at 8 AM, But USO is open at 9 AM.
It may be that you're not scrolling down to the Universal section.
The AP preview is the early hour at Universal.
We are scheduled for Monday for the Character breakfast, but I may add Tuesday or Saturday also.
__________________
buckeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #205
maburke
DIS Veteran
 
maburke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeev View Post
I'm still seeing that IOA will be opening at 8 AM, But USO is open at 9 AM.
It may be that you're not scrolling down to the Universal section.
The AP preview is the early hour at Universal.
We are scheduled for Monday for the Character breakfast, but I may add Tuesday or Saturday also.
Yes, you're right, that's exactly what I did. Sorry, I'm a newbie to the dark side.

As for doing the breakfast, I saw on the website where you can buy it, but then it says to phone to reserve your time? How do you know if it's available?
__________________
Meghan & DH & ds 17 ds 14 (both with autism) dd 10



1972: Contemporary; 1991: Radisson; 1994: OKW; 2001: BC & Disney Wonder; 2002: BWI; 2003: BCV; 2004: OKW; 2005: BWV; 2006: HHI, GCH@DL; 2007: BWV, GCH@DL; 2008: BCV; 2009: AKV-Kidani/VB & THV; 2010: BLT/BCV; 2011: VGC; 2012:OKW; 2013: VGC; 2014: DLP
maburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #206
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer
 
buckeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 940 Miles WEST of Free Dining!
Posts: 1,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by maburke View Post
Yes, you're right, that's exactly what I did. Sorry, I'm a newbie to the dark side.

As for doing the breakfast, I saw on the website where you can buy it, but then it says to phone to reserve your time? How do you know if it's available?
LOL..I do that all the time!

For the breakfast-I called them first, then bought our tix, then called them right back. They probably screen my number and everyone runs to take their break when it shows up on their caller ID!
__________________
buckeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #207
HungerGamesfan1
Earning My Ears
 
HungerGamesfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: WoodStock,Il
Posts: 6

Ill be in Orlando on July 25th to 27th and staying at the Hard Rock Hotel
Does anyone know if they will let us use our hotel pass like the other attractions or will we have to wait in line like Hollywood Rockit because its a brand new attraction?
HungerGamesfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #208
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,330
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerGamesfan1 View Post
Ill be in Orlando on July 25th to 27th and staying at the Hard Rock Hotel
Does anyone know if they will let us use our hotel pass like the other attractions or will we have to wait in line like Hollywood Rockit because its a brand new attraction?
The Rockit does not offer Express so you won't be able to use your hotel pass.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #209
cheerbaybee
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: D.B, Florida
Posts: 156

Rode the ride for the first time today. The wait was 45 minutes, but it was full of people trying to hide from tropical storm debby.

I am sad to say... I thought the Jimmy Nuetron ride was better..
__________________
cheerbaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #210
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer
 
buckeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 940 Miles WEST of Free Dining!
Posts: 1,412

Just a few more days!...I imagine the storm will have moved on through the area, but am dreading those Florida mosquitoes!
__________________
buckeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: