Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #136
guava
Mouseketeer

Woohoo!

Headed there next Friday. Having breakfast with the Minions on Saturday morning (will report back on that if anyone is interested) and hoping the ride is officially open then.
guava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #137
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

It's OPEN right now!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #138
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guava View Post
Headed there next Friday. Having breakfast with the Minions on Saturday morning (will report back on that if anyone is interested) and hoping the ride is officially open then.
ABSOLUTELY! Gonna try to do the "SuperStar Breakfast" with my son later this month! THANKS!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #139
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Remember everyone...Despicable Me is only in test mode or soft opening right now. The attraction will not be completely and regularly open until the official opening in the near future. The attraction can close at any time as there is no set schedule at this time.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #140
xApril
DIS Veteran

I was the first one on TM previews on Friday. I really enjoyed the ride. I ended up riding it four times throughout the preview time slot. I probably will wait awhile to ride it now since it seems like lines will be through the roof for quite awhile.
xApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #141
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Anyone on here get to ride?

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #142
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

I'm looking around the web for reviews. Most of its operation saw waits of 2 hours or more. The 2 preshow rooms and indoor queues sound amazing from what I hear. Then comes the ride, which focuses more on his daughters. I'm taking a guess that Gru is the focus of the preshows as Universal has been saying Gru turns you into minions. I'm actually hearing the ride is shorter then Jimmy Neutron by maybe 15 seconds. The ride is getting rave reviews, but some have an impact on the indoor queue.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #143
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Please answer ASAP! We left UNIVERSAL on Thursday and I am sick about missing my chance. We are now about 2 hours away from Orlando at the beach and headed back to Texas early in the morning/Sunday. We will not return to Universal for a few years, so this is a big deal.

Please tell me if the people allowed on MM have been regular park goers or just TMs. Also, do you know if park goers will be allowed to ride on Sunday/today?

If so, we may be willing to drive 3-4 hours out of our way to ride it. But I need to know FAST!

Thanks!
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #144
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
Please answer ASAP! We left UNIVERSAL on Thursday and I am sick about missing my chance. We are now about 2 hours away from Orlando at the beach and headed back to Texas early in the morning/Sunday. We will not return to Universal for a few years, so this is a big deal.

Please tell me if the people allowed on MM have been regular park goers or just TMs. Also, do you know if park goers will be allowed to ride on Sunday/today?

If so, we may be willing to drive 3-4 hours out of our way to ride it. But I need to know FAST!

Thanks!
You better be glad I'm up at 1 in the the morning. Today, soft openings started around 7:30, but they would of started earlier if they weren't setting up the wait time. It will be open today, but it's off limit to guests 2-4 PM, since that's when TMs can ride. I'd go and see what happens, but you're more likely to find a soft opening around 11 AM or Noon.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #145
CentralFloridian99

Just so everyone knows the post show is the dance party, so you have three options when you leave the vehicle:

1. Dance!
2. Stand back and watch the people dance.
3. Bypass it completely and go into Super Silly Stuff.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #146
Alissamaried
Earning My Ears

Does anyone think they'll be a soft opening on Monday at all? Thats when I'll be there.
Alissamaried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:50 AM   #147
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissamaried View Post
Does anyone think they'll be a soft opening on Monday at all? Thats when I'll be there.
Yes, but they can happen any time during the day.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #148
Alissamaried
Earning My Ears

I know, I'm just hoping for a chance to go on it while I'm in Florida I'll check there a bunch then on Monday!
Alissamaried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #149
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post

Thanks!
The attraction has been open for anyone during this soft opening period but there is no way of knowing if it would be open when you happen to visit so I wouldn't chance it. Soft openings have no scheduled operation schedule so even if it's open now there's a good chance that it would be closed when you arrive. Unless you're willing to spend a day to take a chance, I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissamaried View Post
There's no set operating schedule...it's all luck of the draw.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #150
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
The attraction has been open for anyone during this soft opening period but there is no way of knowing if it would be open when you happen to visit so I wouldn't chance it. Soft openings have no scheduled operation schedule so even if it's open now there's a good chance that it would be closed when you arrive. Unless you're willing to spend a day to take a chance, I wouldn't worry about it.

There's no set operating schedule...it's all luck of the draw.
Thanks ......
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: