Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 11:07 PM   #1
MomRN
DIS Veteran

Help with Universal/Wet and Wild combo tickets

We are annual Disney visitors, but this year want to spend more time at Universal. We are going in October. The plan is to rent a condo for a week.
What I would like to do is spend 3 days at Universal/IOA and 1-2 days at Wet and Wild. I've been trying to figure out the best way and the best site to purchase tickets by the way of google, but it has been somewhat confusing. There are several options available through various sources, and some I noticed have to be used by May this year.

Since this website has been a valuable resource in vacation planning in the past, I was hoping someone could advise the best site and option for tickets. I would like to purchase them in advance, likely over the summer. For now, I just want to get an idea of prices for what I am wanting, to budget accordingly.

I believe we (myself, DH, and son-8) will likely also take one night and spend at an onsite hotel, as to take advantage of the Express pass for each park. My searching has led me to believe by staying one night we will be able to get an Express Pass for each park the day of check in and the day of check out. The third day we would use to go back to our favorite of the 2.

We are typically not park hoppers, but would consider the park-to-park option if the most beneficial and cost effective. I understand park hopping in Universal is much different than Disney due to proximately and ease.

Thanks for any advice...
MomRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #2
glocon
DIS Veteran

It's less then a 5 minute walk between parks, and staying onsite with ep makes p2p tix easy and fun. If your kid are old enough they might enjoy Halloween horror nights at universal studios.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #3
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

If you are at all interested in the Harry Potter stuff, you will NEED a park to park ticket in order to ride the Hogwarts Express attraction.It is required for that ride.Park hopping is way easier at Universal .The entrances to the parks are literally next door to each other and can be walked in 5-7 mins
Old 03-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #4
MomRN
DIS Veteran

Sounds like park to park option is the best. Any suggestions on the best website to visit to get the combo tickets? I've used undercover tourist in the past for Disney tickets, but I don't think they have the combo tickets...
Old 03-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #5
moviekid21
Earning My Ears

A really great ticket is the 3 park unlimited ticket. You can do park to park with Universal, Islands of Adventure and Wet n Wild as much as you want over a 14 day period.

moviekid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviekid21 View Post
A really great ticket is the 3 park unlimited ticket. You can do park to park with Universal, Islands of Adventure and Wet n Wild as much as you want over a 14 day period.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #7
MomRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviekid21 View Post
Thank you! I've seen that one, but the terms are a bit confusing to me. Does this mean that within a 14 day window I can go to Universal/IOA for 3 days and ALSO Wet N Wild for an additional 3 days? Or, is it any of those parks, as much park to park as I want, but for a total of 3 days?
Old 03-22-2014, 03:19 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomRN View Post

Thank you! I've seen that one, but the terms are a bit confusing to me. Does this mean that within a 14 day window I can go to Universal/IOA for 3 days and ALSO Wet N Wild for an additional 3 days? Or, is it any of those parks, as much park to park as I want, but for a total of 3 days?
Three parks, unlimited, for 14 days.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #9
GeorgiaPeach74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomRN View Post
The 3-Park Unlimited Ticket is a great value. It gives you up to 14 days access within a 14 day calendar window access to Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventures and Wet 'n Wild. It's about $199 plus tax per adult.
GeorgiaPeach74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:03 AM   #10
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

The 3 park unlimited ticket is exactly what it says. It gives you unlimited access to those 3 parks for a 14 day period. If you want you could even do all three parks each day for 14 days in a row. However, the tickets will expire 14 days after the first day of use.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: