Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #31
WDWDeb
Cue the DCL horn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker179 View Post
Just got off fantasy and loved this with having a 23 mth old. 2 hr dinners are not his thing and our table neighbors were rude and loud and did not tend to their screaming children. It was awful. We did enchanted garden first night and animators twice (for shows, ruined by nasty neighbors btw). Rest of nights were in room dinning or remi/palo. So worth it. Concigere is worth every dime. Would save a wait an extra year just for that benefit. Enjoy that one bedroom, esspecially that master bath with tv in mirror! Kids loved bathing and watching classic cartoons while dinner while being layed out!!! And then u can eat in your bath robe too!! (I did haha w slippers)
Speaking of food in the room and the tv in the mirror in the bathroom...you can get popcorn in a bag, like they sell at Preludes and the stand outside the movie theatre, from concierge. Is a nice perk for movies in the room and going to the theatre. Our kids thought the tv in the mirror was so cool that they sat in the empty tub IN THEIR CLOTHES and ate popcorn while watching a movie!! It made for a priceless picture!
WDWDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #32
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by extechie rbd/wdt View Post
I have no extensive knowledge of in Stateroom dining, just pointing out that the lunch dining room isn't considered part of your assigned dining rotation.
Breakfast is delivered from the Bell Box, not the MDR Galleys.
If your in a suite, I would call DCL or wait for someone else to comment before you assume anything and get onboard as you may be disappointed if they cannot fulfil your request.

Ex Techie
After rereading my response at a much later date, I can only say, wow! I sure was snarky. My apologies. I must have been tired, stupid, or something else. All are highly likely. It's weird how you think one thing and once written and published it sounds completely different. I do try to remain non confrational here, yet that post ...... Anyway EXT, that was not my intention even though it sure does seem directional.

Last edited by Bear3412; 05-26-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 AM   #33
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDeb View Post
Speaking of food in the room and the tv in the mirror in the bathroom...you can get popcorn in a bag, like they sell at Preludes and the stand outside the movie theatre, from concierge. Is a nice perk for movies in the room and going to the theatre. Our kids thought the tv in the mirror was so cool that they sat in the empty tub IN THEIR CLOTHES and ate popcorn while watching a movie!! It made for a priceless picture!
do you mean that the popcorn is free in the concierge lounge?
do you ask for it? is it out?

my mom and sister will absolutely LOVE this...and i'm thinking i might find them in the bathtub with popcorn and the TV too!!
but if not, definitely on the verandah!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #34
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
do you mean that the popcorn is free in the concierge lounge?
do you ask for it? is it out?
I believe you can ask for it if you want it. I know they handed out bags for Movie Night. It's the same bagged popcorn sold elsewhere on the ship.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #35
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I believe you can ask for it if you want it. I know they handed out bags for Movie Night. It's the same bagged popcorn sold elsewhere on the ship.
what's movie night?
Old 05-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #36
Tinker179
Earning My Ears

Yes bag of popcorn on movie night. We didn't participate bc didn't think 2 toddlers would enjoy avengers. How do u upload pictures? Bc that would should a lot. That was also the night the concigere staff made my daughter a personal coloring book of papa (jasmines fathers an obsession of hers weird I know) w crayons and everything. Pixie dust. If only I could upload that pic. Yes I did have some tears when I saw her face.
Tinker179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #37
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I don't recall which night was "movie night" but I know they were providing it also for the Premiere of the Avengers.

Uploading photos: First you need server space (if you have your own) or you need to use a service like Photobucket which is free. You should resize your photos, I tend to use 300 x 300 on the DIS, (although of course the bottom number get changed in my resize program to match correctly). Then you upload to your server or service like Photobucket. Highlight the code for IMG and then copy and paste into a message. Voila! The IMG code will have brackets around the IMG part - hope that makes sense)

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:27 AM   #38
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

where is movie night?
in the buena vista theater? on deck?
somewhere else?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #39
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
The lounge has food out from morning until evening. Lots of little sandwiches and things. When we went in February on the Dream there was more variety than when we went in April on the Fantasy. Still, decent things and not all "bad" or fast food type options. You could always order something from room service and add a couple of things from the lounge and enjoy the deck!
Great to know! Thank you. I'm excited but promised myself I would relax some on this cruise. We'll see how that goes!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #40
WDWDeb
Cue the DCL horn!

As they always do, they asked how were we doing and we mentioned that we were going to a watch a movie. That is when they went and brought back out bags of popcorn for us. We didn't ask for it. It wasn't a specific movie night either, so I think it is available anytime that you decide to have movie time.
The smoothies they make are good too. They seemed more like a milk shake to me, but either way, they were good! You just ask for it and they make it. I asked what flavors they had and they said what flavor do you want? So it seemed like we could get whatever flavor (within reason) we wanted. Got banana fudge one night.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #41
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDeb View Post
As they always do, they asked how were we doing and we mentioned that we were going to a watch a movie. That is when they went and brought back out bags of popcorn for us. We didn't ask for it. It wasn't a specific movie night either, so I think it is available anytime that you decide to have movie time.
The smoothies they make are good too. They seemed more like a milk shake to me, but either way, they were good! You just ask for it and they make it. I asked what flavors they had and they said what flavor do you want? So it seemed like we could get whatever flavor (within reason) we wanted. Got banana fudge one night.
i assume you mean the smoothies were during the hour before dinner..correct?

banana fudge sounds yummy!!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #42
WDWDeb
Cue the DCL horn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
i assume you mean the smoothies were during the hour before dinner..correct?

banana fudge sounds yummy!!
correct
Old 06-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #43
Jax
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the information! Getting extra excited now about booking concierge

Jax
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concierge, dining, dream, mdr, suite

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: